Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Zonal marking 18:19 - Dec 29 with 2033 viewsJackfath

Surely this only works if your 'keeper is able to command his box, come and collect crosses etc.

It needs to be scrapped, clearly we aren't up to it.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Zonal marking on 14:07 - Dec 30 with 358 viewsjasper_T

Zonal marking on 10:04 - Dec 30 by ItchySphincter

We've never expected the opposition to score every time they get the opportunity to cross, until now.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2018 12:08]

A couple of seasons in the Prem I definitely did.
Zonal marking on 14:11 - Dec 30 with 356 viewsjasper_T

Zonal marking on 10:46 - Dec 30 by A_Fans_Dad

Yes it really worked for Arsenal against Liverpool didn't it.

Good teams and players exploit those very zones either by putting the ball there or running into those spaces.

On set pieces how many times do you see players on the posts and on the goal line save goals, the other point is attackers make some of the best defenders because they attack the Ball coming in instead of watching a zone or a man, Bony used to be superb at doing so and Llorente wasn't bad either.

Attacking the ball is what you're supposed to do in a zonal system.

Bony headed balls out by standing in a zone. The posts are zones.
Zonal marking on 16:18 - Dec 30 with 332 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Zonal marking on 14:11 - Dec 30 by jasper_T

Attacking the ball is what you're supposed to do in a zonal system.

Bony headed balls out by standing in a zone. The posts are zones.

By that standard the whole field is a zone, which it is, but you can't mark it all and we don't mark posts either, whether we are defending or attacking.
The point I was making was that we currently do not attack the ball, we try and watch a man or out jump him, whereas we should be concentrating on the ball's flight.
Zonal marking on 16:47 - Dec 30 with 326 viewsjasper_T

Zonal marking on 16:18 - Dec 30 by A_Fans_Dad

By that standard the whole field is a zone, which it is, but you can't mark it all and we don't mark posts either, whether we are defending or attacking.
The point I was making was that we currently do not attack the ball, we try and watch a man or out jump him, whereas we should be concentrating on the ball's flight.

A better zonal system would be nice, yeah.

There must be something to leaving men off the posts as so many teams do it, but personally I'd have one reasonable-sized bloke on the back stick every time (no midgets or Shelveys who can't jump).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024