Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls 19:48 - Dec 29 with 10240 viewsbazzool

So as the title says , it's a pain in the butt, scratching loud as fu## , council been out and put poison down just before Xmas but he won't be back till new year, I'm sure they've found a way to get into the floor boards coz it's pretty easy to pin point the scratching, 3am I was up this morning and could not get back to sleep even with ear plugs in, there's no obvious signs on the outside of the house for entry, so God knows, anyone experienced this, it's stressfull for me ,I'm not scared of rats but I don't know what to do, if I start pulling boards up where they are scratching and it gets out I'm bugg##red, think IL go and get some poison somewhere tomorr and send my bro up the attick, rats I'm not scared of but turantulas I am and my attick is a flat out spider web lol
Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 15:14 - Dec 30 with 1830 viewscentrestandswan

Thought this thread was a metaphor for the board and what they get up to, obviously wrong.🙁

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 16:46 - Dec 30 with 1765 viewsLoyal

Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 15:14 - Dec 30 by centrestandswan

Thought this thread was a metaphor for the board and what they get up to, obviously wrong.🙁

Fits perfectly though.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 21:10 - Dec 30 with 1710 viewsbazzool

UPDATE : UP the attick my bro went, and noticed that the council guy had only put the poison right by the opening , so I don't think he actually got up to look, anyway after 5 mins of sweeping away the cobwebs my bro could see droppings everywhere, all over the insulation, and even a dead rat, been decomposing for a while as well, and also noticed little runs they made through the insulation, so more poison scattered everywhere and 2 rat traps put down on the runs with peanut butter, shall see what happens
Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 21:29 - Dec 30 with 1697 viewsGaryjack

Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 21:10 - Dec 30 by bazzool

UPDATE : UP the attick my bro went, and noticed that the council guy had only put the poison right by the opening , so I don't think he actually got up to look, anyway after 5 mins of sweeping away the cobwebs my bro could see droppings everywhere, all over the insulation, and even a dead rat, been decomposing for a while as well, and also noticed little runs they made through the insulation, so more poison scattered everywhere and 2 rat traps put down on the runs with peanut butter, shall see what happens

What you need to do is go into the attack with a wad of notes and call "Huw, Leigh, Martin, Johnny!" That'll flush the fvckers out for sure!
Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 21:32 - Dec 30 with 1687 viewsbazzool

Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 21:29 - Dec 30 by Garyjack

What you need to do is go into the attack with a wad of notes and call "Huw, Leigh, Martin, Johnny!" That'll flush the fvckers out for sure!

Haha yeah I did think that but I ain't got a wad of notes, unless they take monopoly money lol
Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 16:35 - Dec 31 with 1606 viewsSPboy

You could try an exorcism ... if you’ve ever seen the film or read the book you would see what happens next
Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 18:47 - Dec 31 with 1572 viewscontroversial_jack

Snap traps work on mice, not the cheap ones though. Rats are clever so it will take some time to get them, but put quite a few down.I found chocolate to be good bait as it spreads and needs a bit of force to remove it from the traps.
Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 18:55 - Dec 31 with 1567 viewsalwaysblackandwhite

Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 21:10 - Dec 30 by bazzool

Is the correct answer, they love peanut butter and can smell it from a fair distance so hopefully you should get him/her very soon.
Just a thought, could it be coming in from the neighbours property?
Login to get fewer ads

Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 20:01 - Dec 31 with 1523 viewsSgtbilko

Attick! Coz! IL! tomorr! bro! turantulas!

Pardon you but really!
[Post edited 31 Dec 2018 20:01]
Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 12:29 - Jan 1 with 1460 viewsThe_undecided

My mate is a pest control expert been doing it now 20-30 years, seen all there is to see. Is only advice to me was that Rats will only hang around if there is a food source, remove that and they will be gone. We used to have them in the garden around the bird feeders, no problem they would pop in and mop up and be gone. Then they decided to camp out under the decking, I removed the bird food and they were gone. If you get them in the garden or using the Garden as a route to another garden a good .22 air rifle will sort them, if you get them inside or outside a good trap where poison is not suitable is the Nooski, a high success rate with a couple of those left out for about a week loaded with peanut butter or nutella.
Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 12:39 - Jan 1 with 1443 viewsbazzool

We've had work opposite to us lately with new bungalows being built and they've done new sewage drains, my neighbour thinks they've got up through somewhere that divides our property's which is joined on
Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 12:43 - Jan 1 with 1437 viewsJackfath

Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 12:39 - Jan 1 by bazzool

We've had work opposite to us lately with new bungalows being built and they've done new sewage drains, my neighbour thinks they've got up through somewhere that divides our property's which is joined on

Little furry tvvats

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 13:02 - Jan 1 with 1414 viewsWingstandwood

Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 12:29 - Jan 1 by The_undecided

My mate is a pest control expert been doing it now 20-30 years, seen all there is to see. Is only advice to me was that Rats will only hang around if there is a food source, remove that and they will be gone. We used to have them in the garden around the bird feeders, no problem they would pop in and mop up and be gone. Then they decided to camp out under the decking, I removed the bird food and they were gone. If you get them in the garden or using the Garden as a route to another garden a good .22 air rifle will sort them, if you get them inside or outside a good trap where poison is not suitable is the Nooski, a high success rate with a couple of those left out for about a week loaded with peanut butter or nutella.

That's the one thing about placing snap-traps outside is they are liable to be accidently set off by other inquisitive/passing (chance of injury!) animals in the vicinity like cats and dogs. And apparently the electronic ones are advised not for outdoor use when exposed to wet/damp elements.

I'd never seen or heard about a Nooski not until your post and it looks (watched a YouTube video) a far safer option for external outside use. It looks far lesser inclined/vulnerable from being set off too early by a more wary or trap-shy rat thus causing escape and kill failure.

That trap looks like it kills every time once a rat has initiated its kill-process, I've set up quite a few snap-traps only to find on occasions that the was trap triggered but there was no dead rat caught in it. Snap traps are great (been in use since time immemorial) but do not have a 100% guaranteed kill rate.

Argus!

Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 13:03 - Jan 1 with 1411 viewsJackfath

Gas the little shits.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 13:56 - Jan 6 with 1272 viewsJackfath

What's the latest?

Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 12:26 - Jan 7 with 1127 viewsbazzool

Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 13:56 - Jan 6 by Jackfath

What's the latest?

Ok so when I was off over Xmas the pest control guy came for the second visit, so up he went into the attick, but only up to his stomach, so his top half is up, I told him to collect the dead rat that's been decomposing,. He put more poison down then came down, I said what about the dead rat and seeing where they can get in, he turned round and said "oh that's not my job" I said well your pest control and that's why I paid for you to come out, he said that they are not allowed in the atticks because it's unsafe trying to walk on the joists, and told me to ring the tai tarian housing as they got a clear up team, so I did and guess what, tai tarian told me no such team it's the pest controls job , so all day I was ringing back and fore getting no where, I'm bk in work now in Cumbria and the wife has actually spoke to someone with a bit of brains, so I will see , she actually heard them last night under the bed , well floorboards so something needs to be done quick
Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 14:57 - Jan 7 with 1069 viewsJinxy

No wonder Joe Ledley has gone a bit quiet. He's up in this guy's attic.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024