Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls 19:48 - Dec 29 with 10205 viewsbazzool

So as the title says , it's a pain in the butt, scratching loud as fu## , council been out and put poison down just before Xmas but he won't be back till new year, I'm sure they've found a way to get into the floor boards coz it's pretty easy to pin point the scratching, 3am I was up this morning and could not get back to sleep even with ear plugs in, there's no obvious signs on the outside of the house for entry, so God knows, anyone experienced this, it's stressfull for me ,I'm not scared of rats but I don't know what to do, if I start pulling boards up where they are scratching and it gets out I'm bugg##red, think IL go and get some poison somewhere tomorr and send my bro up the attick, rats I'm not scared of but turantulas I am and my attick is a flat out spider web lol
Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 19:58 - Dec 29 with 6609 viewsCooperman

My mate Ali had them in his kitchen. He didn’t know what to do.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 20:07 - Dec 29 with 6570 viewsWingstandwood

You are not the only one, you won't be the first and won't be the last either, it happened to a family member of mine.

No sign of how rats can gain entry into some houses and some seemingly inaccessible places in the first place? They can get into some extremely small openings.

Argus!

Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 20:10 - Dec 29 with 6565 viewsAnotherJohn

Rather cruel, but what we do in a house abroad is use sticky mats with bait in the middle. There you buy the glue and make your own mats. Here you can buy a cardboard mat with sticky surface.
Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 20:16 - Dec 29 with 6527 viewssainthelens

Great football topic.
Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 20:26 - Dec 29 with 6489 viewsJack_Kass

Do you have a cat?

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 20:45 - Dec 29 with 6439 viewsmajorraglan

Had one in my garage a while ago probably as a result of leaving the door open when Er indoors was tumble drying. Had some poison but got a pest control guy in. They put stuff in the garage and other stuff outside. Seemed to do the trick, I had a dead rat on my decking - hell of a stench.

Rats are neophobic, so they are very cautious about anything new in their environment, so it may take about a week before they start to sniff around the new object. The poison the pest controllers use can only be bought by licensed professionals, the stuff we can buy in shops isn’t as strong and takes much longer to effect them. Apparently, poison should make them feel thirsty so they go to find water and hopefully die. A woman opposite me feeds the birds (which is a major draw for rats) and she has issues with them, she has a couple of big traps which she baits with pate. Guy in work had them and they were in his loft insulation.

Good luck.
Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 20:48 - Dec 29 with 6425 viewsGlyn1

Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 20:26 - Dec 29 by Jack_Kass

Do you have a cat?

It's a bit of a myth that cats will kill rats. They are big enough that cats don't want to risk being bitten by them, what with the bacteria rats have in their mouths. Usually when a cat arrives the rats will become very very quiet but they're still around. Just put poison everywhere plus something sweet like a small bit of pineapple. The poison is slow-acting so takes 7 to 10 days to work.
Can't help with the spiders. I like spiders!

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 20:54 - Dec 29 with 6400 viewsbazzool

Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 20:26 - Dec 29 by Jack_Kass

Do you have a cat?

No got a dog but wife won't let her up the attick lol
Login to get fewer ads

Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 20:57 - Dec 29 with 6388 viewsbazzool

Thanks for the replies peeps , IL see how it goes , most annoying thing is the scratching and not knowing how they get in
Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 20:58 - Dec 29 with 6377 viewsLoyal

Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 20:54 - Dec 29 by bazzool

No got a dog but wife won't let her up the attick lol

It's only a suggestion but what about putting the wife up there ? My Mrs would scare the fckrs shitless.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 21:04 - Dec 29 with 6359 viewsFlashberryjack

Go buy rat poison, put it down every day, until the poison isn't being touched.

Do it NOW !

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 21:06 - Dec 29 with 6353 viewsJack123

I would get poison and traps, we had mice few year back, took ages for it to take the bait. When i was looking into how to catch the cun*, came across some really good videos on you tube, there are some pretty good traps out there for rats, Rats are clever b*stards, but there is one trap that basically won't snap until they take that last bite.

libera nos a malo

Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 21:14 - Dec 29 with 6326 viewsThrasher6

I have no idea what this is thread is about...ffs

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 21:16 - Dec 29 with 6304 viewsLoyal

Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 21:14 - Dec 29 by Thrasher6

I have no idea what this is thread is about...ffs

It's about getting rid of rats, I think there's a clue or a link in there somewhere for some of the planet swans mods to upscale their activity on a few on here.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 21:36 - Dec 29 with 6264 viewsWingstandwood

Here are a few tips for D.I.Y rat trapping I learned through my own experience and advice from a rat exterminator professional.

If you can always get a professional to do the job. If you decide the D.I.Y way/method e.g. for a garage, shed, barn or outbuilding.......

Always with a snap rat trap.... situate with the bait treadle facing directly towards against a wall because that is the natural instinctive and preferred route a rat likes to travel. Place electronic and live cage traps against/close to a wall also.

If you decide to use a snap-trap bait it with an attractant that sticks to a trap e.g. pate and peanut butter because it requires a rat’s prolonged attention and necessity to stay at the trap itself. Solid baits can be pulled off sometimes preventing a traps kill-activation success rate, if you choose solid bait like bacon or chocolate tie it down firmly with fishing gut, wire or string.

Unlike Tom And Jerry cartoons cheese is not considered by many a professional pest controller to be the best attractant bait!

If you should find a rat entry and exit hole? Place rat bait in a plastic bag and block the hole with it. That way the rat has to knaw through the baited bag and eat the bait to get out in and out.

Argus!

Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 21:40 - Dec 29 with 6259 viewslifelong

The problem with putting poison down is the rats will eat it and then crawl off into the wall cavities of the house where they die.
The rats will then rot and give an horrendous smell, if they are not located quickly that smell will linger for weeks maybe months.
It is better to trap the rats live or use conventional rat traps then they can be disposed of away from the house.
Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 21:44 - Dec 29 with 6242 viewsdickythorpe

Just tell Huw Jenkins you've discovered the next Michu somewhere in your house and he'll play for minimum wage.
Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 21:45 - Dec 29 with 6238 viewsbazzool

Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 21:04 - Dec 29 by Flashberryjack

Go buy rat poison, put it down every day, until the poison isn't being touched.

Do it NOW !

Drunk to much and nothing open lol, first thing in the morning I will, but I just hope im not wasting my money on poison as it's no where near the strength the pros use
Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 21:46 - Dec 29 with 6226 viewsJackfath

Find the way they're getting in. Dress up in your camo gear, get a seat, get a gun and get comfy. When you see one, shoot it. Keep shooting.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 21:48 - Dec 29 with 6225 viewsbazzool

Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 21:40 - Dec 29 by lifelong

The problem with putting poison down is the rats will eat it and then crawl off into the wall cavities of the house where they die.
The rats will then rot and give an horrendous smell, if they are not located quickly that smell will linger for weeks maybe months.
It is better to trap the rats live or use conventional rat traps then they can be disposed of away from the house.

Yes your correct I've done some research and come across the rat zapper on Amazon , it's an idea that's for sure
Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 21:50 - Dec 29 with 6215 viewsbazzool

Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 21:46 - Dec 29 by Jackfath

Find the way they're getting in. Dress up in your camo gear, get a seat, get a gun and get comfy. When you see one, shoot it. Keep shooting.

Haha I did watch a YouTube video when a farmer was shooting rats with his night vision gear on lol, good shot on him, but reminded me of the guy in the film the burbs lol , with all his army gear and sh## on ha
Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 21:51 - Dec 29 with 6205 viewsJackfath

Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 21:50 - Dec 29 by bazzool

Haha I did watch a YouTube video when a farmer was shooting rats with his night vision gear on lol, good shot on him, but reminded me of the guy in the film the burbs lol , with all his army gear and sh## on ha

Learn to play the flute and walk them round to Huw Jenkins house.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 21:53 - Dec 29 with 6206 viewsWingstandwood

Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 21:48 - Dec 29 by bazzool

Yes your correct I've done some research and come across the rat zapper on Amazon , it's an idea that's for sure

Rat professionals use em rat-zappers, expensive on batteries however!

I've caught a rat live in a live cage trap and its extremely unsettling because the rat screams and bites at the cage. Expect something like this!

Argus!

Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 21:59 - Dec 29 with 6181 viewslifelong

Somebody I know had this problem recently, his mate kept ferrets and they sorted it out.
Poxy rats in my attick and my effing walls on 22:06 - Dec 29 with 6165 viewsJack123

I think glue traps seems the most effective way.

libera nos a malo

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024