Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Championship football 20:16 - Dec 29 with 4014 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

There’s a lot of posters on here
(A few I admire) who were looking forward to this standard

Anyone still up for it ?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Championship football on 20:21 - Dec 29 with 3280 viewsLeonWasGod

For the vast majority of this season we’ve been more entertaining to watch. And we’ve seen more of us as we’ve dominated the opposition for long spells, despite being toothless. I’ve enjoyed it more than last year in the main. That first half today would test the patience of even the most loyal of fans though.
Championship football on 20:24 - Dec 29 with 3262 viewsCooperman

Championship football on 20:21 - Dec 29 by LeonWasGod

For the vast majority of this season we’ve been more entertaining to watch. And we’ve seen more of us as we’ve dominated the opposition for long spells, despite being toothless. I’ve enjoyed it more than last year in the main. That first half today would test the patience of even the most loyal of fans though.

Same here - enjoyed this season more than last.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Championship football on 20:27 - Dec 29 with 3242 viewsjacksfullaces

I'll put it another way, I haven't found this year as agonising, with every match scrapping for vital points.

so been able to enjoy the games, win, lose or draw with a little less riding on them, and expectations fairly low.

that might change if we hit a real horror run mind.

was at risk of that pre Brentford, and here we are again.
Championship football on 21:22 - Dec 29 with 3124 viewsbuilthjack

A lot on here have said they don't want to go up. Potter must be listening, fair play to him.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Championship football on 21:32 - Dec 29 with 3095 viewslifelong

I haven’t enjoyed this season as much as any of the previous seven.

The Premier League is the place to be.
Championship football on 21:34 - Dec 29 with 3086 viewsjackrabbit

Championship football on 21:32 - Dec 29 by lifelong

Hear, bloody hear!
Championship football on 21:36 - Dec 29 with 3079 viewsdickythorpe

Much preferred our seasons (when we were decent) under Yoarth and Hollins than this one.
It's very odd.
Championship football on 22:01 - Dec 29 with 3035 viewspencoedjack

Evening Thomas

The football we played against Leeds ( & in patches other games) I’m certainly up for it.

The 1st half today ( & unfortunately most of what I’ve watched) makes me want to puke.

I still believe we could have got promoted this season with 2/3 decent signings in the summer ... long gone now.

Happy new year to you.
Login to get fewer ads

Championship football on 22:38 - Dec 29 with 3000 views34dfgdf54

Championship football on 21:36 - Dec 29 by dickythorpe

Much preferred our seasons (when we were decent) under Yoarth and Hollins than this one.
It's very odd.

I was a kid but from what I remember of Hollins we were Sousa esque to the extreme? Can’t remember much decent football being played.
Championship football on 22:57 - Dec 29 with 2966 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Championship football on 22:01 - Dec 29 by pencoedjack

Evening Thomas

The football we played against Leeds ( & in patches other games) I’m certainly up for it.

The 1st half today ( & unfortunately most of what I’ve watched) makes me want to puke.

I still believe we could have got promoted this season with 2/3 decent signings in the summer ... long gone now.

Happy new year to you.

Indeed Penc

I Facking hate the championship to be honest .

Although there’s some very good footballers playin for us at the moment.
Premier league is the place to be , No?

Have a great new year my friend

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Championship football on 23:22 - Dec 29 with 2942 viewscontroversial_jack

Championship football on 22:57 - Dec 29 by oh_tommy_tommy

Indeed Penc

I Facking hate the championship to be honest .

Although there’s some very good footballers playin for us at the moment.
Premier league is the place to be , No?

Have a great new year my friend

Who are these very good footballers playing for us,would you like to name them?
Championship football on 09:21 - Dec 30 with 2812 viewsgrabsplatter

The first half yesterday was shocking but I've still enjoyed the football more this year than the previous couple of seasons.
2 years of dull & negative football in the Premier league where we spent most of the time trying not to lose.
Championship football on 09:55 - Dec 30 with 2751 viewsMrSwerve

I still would love to be in the PL playing the best teams in the world and beating them occasionally like we did. Full grounds, great coverage all over the world etc. Playing Ipswich doesn’t have the same ring to it.

I found the ‘chase to 40 points’ every season quite exciting to be honest. The bottom half battles in the last few seasons have been enthralling, some of my fave away trips. Instead we are now a mediocre Championship side who are floating around in mid table (which is fine - such is life).

Still annoys me how we managed to pi55 it up the wall at the end of last season.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2018 9:58]

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Championship football on 10:16 - Dec 30 with 2720 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Championship football on 09:55 - Dec 30 by MrSwerve

I still would love to be in the PL playing the best teams in the world and beating them occasionally like we did. Full grounds, great coverage all over the world etc. Playing Ipswich doesn’t have the same ring to it.

I found the ‘chase to 40 points’ every season quite exciting to be honest. The bottom half battles in the last few seasons have been enthralling, some of my fave away trips. Instead we are now a mediocre Championship side who are floating around in mid table (which is fine - such is life).

Still annoys me how we managed to pi55 it up the wall at the end of last season.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2018 9:58]

Remember when we won a cup and played in Europe?
Gonzo fixed that for us and once he did our style was gone and we then became just another clogging team trying to avoid relegation every subsequent season . We really DID have an identity. Jenkins put a torch to it.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Championship football on 10:27 - Dec 30 with 2690 viewsMrSwerve

Championship football on 10:16 - Dec 30 by Brynmill_Jack

Gonzo fixed that for us and once he did our style was gone and we then became just another clogging team trying to avoid relegation every subsequent season . We really DID have an identity. Jenkins put a torch to it.

Oh aye, when we beat Valencia 3-0 away. But still, beating Bolton Wanderers away this year...phwoar.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Championship football on 10:31 - Dec 30 with 2677 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Championship football on 10:16 - Dec 30 by Brynmill_Jack

Garry Monk put a torch to it. I still remember which posters dismissed any concerns made about how he was rapidly eroding our style of play and club principles. We were winning games and finished 8th which is all some cared about, despite it being obvious that direction would be our downfall.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Championship football on 10:36 - Dec 30 with 2667 viewsAguycalledJack

Championship football on 10:31 - Dec 30 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Garry Monk put a torch to it. I still remember which posters dismissed any concerns made about how he was rapidly eroding our style of play and club principles. We were winning games and finished 8th which is all some cared about, despite it being obvious that direction would be our downfall.

And who appointed Garry Monk?
Championship football on 11:55 - Dec 30 with 2613 viewsAnotherJohn

The standard is noticeably lower this season. Okay, I did not enjoy last season very much, but our escape at the end of the previous season was exhilarating, and we had stars as well as journey men. Recently I no longer rush to review our match highlights, mainly because of the lack of goals from our strike force.
Championship football on 12:07 - Dec 30 with 2593 viewsexiledclaseboy

I’m enjoying it. We’re going into each game not having the first clue whether we’re going to win, lose or draw. For the last three prem seasons we went into around 70% of games only wondering how insipid we’d be and how much we’d lose by.

Poll: Tory leader

Championship football on 12:08 - Dec 30 with 2592 viewsBillyChong

Unpredictable inconsistent (for the most part) division. Below standard officials as seen yesterday. A standard way below the league above. Not many can honestly say it’s better to watch in terms of football.
Championship football on 12:22 - Dec 30 with 2572 viewsdameedna

On the way up I argued the gap between top and bottom half was narrow.

Not any more.

The EPL brings more pressure and is a long way ahead in terms of quality and standards.

Miss the days of signing the biggest flops in Europe.

Which became our stamp.

Even when finally relegated we could have escaped but Bony was the last straw really.

Should have signed Joe.
Championship football on 12:28 - Dec 30 with 2558 viewsTailGunner

Championship football on 20:24 - Dec 29 by Cooperman

Same here - enjoyed this season more than last.

Same here. Competitive in every game. Genuinely gutted for all our losses, as we have been in nearly every game until the last whistle.

Tremendous away trips compared to the PL
Championship football on 12:36 - Dec 30 with 2537 viewsswan65split

Championship football on 10:31 - Dec 30 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I remember one game , Saints away i think, we were being battered, our style had gone/was going, but we won 1-0.

I said thats it we are dooomed. I was laughed at by m8s and family.......they are still on the laughing....hang on the fat lady is arriving!
Championship football on 12:36 - Dec 30 with 2536 viewsDarran

Everyone should want to be playing at the highest level possible otherwise what’s the point?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Championship football on 12:38 - Dec 30 with 2522 viewsBadlands

Championship football on 21:32 - Dec 29 by lifelong

It is if you like watching Man City, Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs etc
Personally I go along to support the Swans.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024