Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Experimentation 22:21 - Dec 29 with 1521 viewsCroftyjack

half way through a season with a game we really needed to win is completely unacceptable, I know there are other threads on Potter but just wanted to point out that experimenting as if we near the end of season with nothing to play for is unreal.
It does though feel as if the board have given him the green light to test out the whole squad and experiment as a free season if you were, they may change their mind when they see season tickets not selling or we near the bottom.
The quote in his post interview says a lot though to me.
"We had an idea but clearly it didn't work, or I wasn't able to explain the idea well enough.

Experimentation on 22:28 - Dec 29 with 1483 viewsjasper_T

From how he explains it there's some sense there: he knew they'd congest the middle so wanted Routledge flying up on the right to stretch the game and Cian feeding DJ with his passing range on the left (something only Grimes has managed to do from left back this season).

Too much thought put into the icing when the cake wasn't cooked.
Experimentation on 22:32 - Dec 29 with 1468 viewsGlyn1

But we didn't "really need to win there" did we? So it was the ideal time for experimentation. Sometimes you have to try something just to find out that it's a bad idea. No harm done. 2 points not won but a bit of knowledge gained.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2018 22:35]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Experimentation on 22:33 - Dec 29 with 1463 viewsCroftyjack

Experimentation on 22:28 - Dec 29 by jasper_T

From how he explains it there's some sense there: he knew they'd congest the middle so wanted Routledge flying up on the right to stretch the game and Cian feeding DJ with his passing range on the left (something only Grimes has managed to do from left back this season).

It was Wigan not Real Madrid....all we need to do is play our way and let the opposition adapt to us not the other way round FFS..as the second half showed

Potter needs to have a bit of faith in what we are good at..and by the way hasn't he realised yet that the quality in the league is poor so maybe we should show a bit of aggression and arrogance at home anyway.
Experimentation on 22:35 - Dec 29 with 1456 views34dfgdf54

Experimentation on 22:28 - Dec 29 by jasper_T

Agreed.

He should have changed it earlier though, way before the second went in. Tried saving face until half time and it cost us. Needs to be learn from this mistake.
Experimentation on 22:36 - Dec 29 with 1447 viewsCroftyjack

Experimentation on 22:32 - Dec 29 by Glyn1

But we didn't "really need to win there" did we? So it was the ideal time for experimentation. Sometimes you have to try something just to find out that it's a bad idea. No harm done. 2 points not won but a bit of knowledge gained.

after Hull and Villa I disagree....we lost 5 in 7 so we really needed to win what was after all the easiest game over xmas.

when do you think we should win glyn
Experimentation on 22:41 - Dec 29 with 1424 viewsdobjack2

Struggling to score and conceding goals for fun I would be p*ssed off if the manager wasn’t working on the training pitch.

We managed to change shape regularly under Martinez, looks like the players weren’t ready for this or good enough to adapt the plan to the opposition at this stage.

Hopefully a sign that we plan to be more adaptable in the future
Experimentation on 22:46 - Dec 29 with 1416 viewsGlyn1

Experimentation on 22:36 - Dec 29 by Croftyjack

after Hull and Villa I disagree....we lost 5 in 7 so we really needed to win what was after all the easiest game over xmas.

when do you think we should win glyn

I'll be at the Reading game so 3 goals before half time would be sweet. Nice Wetherspoons as well.

Seriously we're in no danger of relegation and this squad would be slaughtered in the Premier League so why not test out a few things?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Experimentation on 23:03 - Dec 29 with 1351 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Experimentation on 22:46 - Dec 29 by Glyn1

I'll be at the Reading game so 3 goals before half time would be sweet. Nice Wetherspoons as well.

Seriously we're in no danger of relegation and this squad would be slaughtered in the Premier League so why not test out a few things?

We’re not in danger yet. 5 defeats in 7 is not good enough by a long way

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Login to get fewer ads

Experimentation on 23:05 - Dec 29 with 1349 viewsCroftyjack

See your drift on it being a season where we are not good enough for promotion or bad enough of relegation but after only 24 games that can change...experimenting at this stage is laughable and unprofessional.
And if we do more of it please can we never play with no full backs again it has no use in football I'm sorry and I can only presume he hates Cian Harries because on his home debut he has given him no support from a full back to the left. twice hes played and he left him open and taken off at half time..deplorable I'm sorry.
Experimentation on 23:12 - Dec 29 with 1323 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Experimentation on 22:32 - Dec 29 by Glyn1

Didn't need to win.
What an attitude.
Experimentation on 23:34 - Dec 29 with 1269 viewsjasper_T

Experimentation on 23:03 - Dec 29 by PatchesOHoulihan

We’re not in danger yet. 5 defeats in 7 is not good enough by a long way

5 defeats in 8 games. 7 points.
Experimentation on 23:34 - Dec 29 with 1269 viewslifelong

A couple of months ago we were in the top 6, in a few short weeks we’ve dropped 7 places to 13th, continue this dreadful form and we’ll soon be teetering around the bottom 3.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024