Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potter needs time and our patience 08:12 - Dec 30 with 3674 viewsJinxy

In my view, if Potter wanted to simply win matches in the short term, by playing a "stable" team, tried and tested players (albeit we don't have many!), I daresay he could do it. What would happen then? Well, we'd maybe get into the play-offs, maybe even get promoted but unlike last time it would be like a house of cards, no foundation and from my distant Swans memory from the 80's we'd crash and burn. Maybe the only thing that saved us from that same fate this time was that there was an identity hiding in there somewhere, and a progressive coach was identified and appointed to revitalise it.

This way, frustrating as it is to watch sometimes, he's trying to balance "acceptable" results and overall points tally with experimenting, testing players out of their comfort zone, trying different formations etc.. Some work, and some (e.g. first 45 mins yesterday) clearly don't. But he recognised it and fixed it right - other managers may not have? I for one hope he continues this for this season at least, and I didn't stop clapping and cheering yesterday unlike some "fans" who suddenly start booing (shame on you if you're one of them I say - go vent off elsewhere).

The Jan window is fast approaching, and although I think there is much more to come from this squad, GP probably needs to know the likely extent of their individual and collective qualities, and importantly how able they are to adapt to different systems and follow the plan etc., so that he can make a sound case for recruitment in certain areas, along with being certain on who is prepared to do without. He has taken responsibility for yesterday, but also hinted that there was method in the madness but he said something like "maybe it wasn't well communicated", taking responsibility (good management).

Give him time and compare him to the likely remit/expectation (stop the slide>return playing style>entertain>mid table this season>push on next season?), and perhaps judge him NEXT Christmas?
Potter needs time and our patience on 11:30 - Dec 31 with 584 viewsScottishEddie

Potter needs time and our patience on 11:09 - Dec 31 by 34dfgdf54

Agree with this 100%

It’s if we sell the likes of McBurnie in January, that’s when it’s panic stations, won’t happen though. January will be all about offloading again unfortunately imo.

Yea takes a few months to figure out Routledge isnt a right back 😂

Poll: Stupidest Posterer of the Year

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024