Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bristol City 21:20 - Dec 30 with 42556 viewsbuilthjack

Tickets are on sale tomorrow morning. 4200 if our club take the full allocation.
Our derby game. Who wouldn't want to go to this one.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Bristol City on 16:44 - Jan 15 with 3645 views34dfgdf54

Bristol City on 16:10 - Jan 15 by pencoedjack

Didn't happen, mate.

I was on the 1030am from Bridgend with Id estimate around 200 Bristol.

An announcement on the train that their designated pub was the Grand, they all walked past it straight to Wind St where most went to the Griffin.

I'd imagine the police will be far more heavy handed with us.

One of the Cardiff boys in work reckons they took them to that Wetherspoons and then frog marched them 2 miles across the bypass to Ashton Gate, they missed first ten minutes.

I’m not feeling a 2 mile treck after a bucket loads of beer personally.
Bristol City on 16:46 - Jan 15 with 3645 viewsbuilthjack

Bristol City on 16:10 - Jan 15 by pencoedjack

Didn't happen, mate.

I was on the 1030am from Bridgend with Id estimate around 200 Bristol.

An announcement on the train that their designated pub was the Grand, they all walked past it straight to Wind St where most went to the Griffin.

I'd imagine the police will be far more heavy handed with us.

I was in the Grand that day ,as we caught the train down.
Quite a few Gummidges in there, but no trouble.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Bristol City on 17:05 - Jan 15 with 3611 viewssainthelens

Bristol City on 16:44 - Jan 15 by 34dfgdf54

One of the Cardiff boys in work reckons they took them to that Wetherspoons and then frog marched them 2 miles across the bypass to Ashton Gate, they missed first ten minutes.

I've a feeling the rozzers will be out in force rounding up our lot. Just all have to be wise to that and slip away.
Bristol City on 19:55 - Jan 16 with 3214 viewsjackharris

This is what I expect the Ayteo stand will be like when we play Bristol City. With the upper parts being filled (unlike the nominal amount of Bolton fans in this picture) with our 2,500 fans. Empty seats covered with matting at the front. Such a waste of revenue. Bloody Avon and Somerset Police...

Edited: Anybody had their match ticket for rows 1 to 6 that would rule this idea out.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2019 13:34]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Bristol City on 20:23 - Jan 16 with 3181 viewsJBT95

Bristol City on 19:55 - Jan 16 by jackharris

This is what I expect the Ayteo stand will be like when we play Bristol City. With the upper parts being filled (unlike the nominal amount of Bolton fans in this picture) with our 2,500 fans. Empty seats covered with matting at the front. Such a waste of revenue. Bloody Avon and Somerset Police...

Edited: Anybody had their match ticket for rows 1 to 6 that would rule this idea out.

They've been blanked off all season going off the TV highlights.
Bristol City on 21:08 - Jan 16 with 3141 viewswestside

Avon and Somerset police are more used to policing festivals than football
Bristol City on 21:18 - Jan 16 with 3119 viewsBillyChong

Bristol City on 16:44 - Jan 15 by 34dfgdf54

Happened to us about 15 years ago as someone has already alluded to above. Didn’t even get to a pub, slowly marched across Bristol to the ground and back to the station afterwards.
Bristol City on 22:04 - Jan 16 with 3058 viewsjackharris

Bristol City on 20:23 - Jan 16 by JBT95

They've been blanked off all season going off the TV highlights.

I doubt that will be the case when they play Leeds?
Less netting for Forest and Sheffield Wednesday fans this season.

3700 villa supporters in 2017

980 Plymouth fans this season in the cup.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.

Login to get fewer ads

Bristol City on 08:18 - Jan 17 with 2875 views34dfgdf54

Bristol City on 21:18 - Jan 16 by BillyChong

Happened to us about 15 years ago as someone has already alluded to above. Didn’t even get to a pub, slowly marched across Bristol to the ground and back to the station afterwards.

Yeah, sorry didn't see the post prior to mine.

They were allowed to take just over 3000 fans aswell. Why they aren't allowing us is ridiculous. There was only a bit of handbags in the reverse fixture outside Walkabouts from what I saw, not exactly a full scale riot.

Cardiff were given 2600, then were given the extra 700 after it sold out. Fingers crossed there is still time for the authorities to change their mind.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/2017/november/away-days---ticket-news-brist
Bristol City on 08:24 - Jan 17 with 2865 viewsbuilthjack

Bristol City on 08:18 - Jan 17 by 34dfgdf54

Yeah, sorry didn't see the post prior to mine.

They were allowed to take just over 3000 fans aswell. Why they aren't allowing us is ridiculous. There was only a bit of handbags in the reverse fixture outside Walkabouts from what I saw, not exactly a full scale riot.

Cardiff were given 2600, then were given the extra 700 after it sold out. Fingers crossed there is still time for the authorities to change their mind.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/2017/november/away-days---ticket-news-brist

Perhaps the club should approach Bristol City, and the police. Maybe they wont. Maybe they have. They don't tell us.

Bristol City on 08:54 - Jan 17 with 2833 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Bristol City on 08:24 - Jan 17 by builthjack

Perhaps the club should approach Bristol City, and the police. Maybe they wont. Maybe they have. They don't tell us.

This is a crazy situation, the club don.t seem to care. Think lots of people like myself will be traveling without tickets.
Bristol City on 09:04 - Jan 17 with 2818 viewssainthelens

You think the club would at least lay on free travel for those without tickets.
My attempt at irony.
Bristol City on 09:06 - Jan 17 with 2814 viewskarnataka

In the last full season for which data is available on their website, 2017-2018, BC had 6 home matches with attendances in excess of 2500 of which 4 were in excess of 3000 with Leeds max with 3717. The 4 x 3000+ were Leeds, Wolves, Villa and Cardiff.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2019 12:20]
Bristol City on 10:57 - Jan 17 with 2745 viewsPapaLazarou

The club could be worried about having to pay for the extra tickets in the event that we don't sell them all. Would it be worth the Trust having a word? (Not sure if there's anything they can do)

If Avon & Somerset let Cardiff take 3k+, I see no reason why they wouldn't allow us the same to be honest.
Bristol City on 11:03 - Jan 17 with 2734 viewsjackharris

Bristol City on 10:57 - Jan 17 by PapaLazarou

The club could be worried about having to pay for the extra tickets in the event that we don't sell them all. Would it be worth the Trust having a word? (Not sure if there's anything they can do)

If Avon & Somerset let Cardiff take 3k+, I see no reason why they wouldn't allow us the same to be honest.

I seriously doubt on this occasion is a case of us not wanting to foot the bill if the extra seats didn’t sell. It is down to the safety people along with the police deeming the match high risk and caping the away support at a more manageable level to police. The serious issue will be fans now going without tickets and our fans buying tickets in the home end. They did let Cardiff have an initial 2,500 and then an extra 700 was granted but there was trouble.

Bristol City on 11:40 - Jan 17 with 2702 viewsThrasher6

Us selling tickets would be results based...Wins against Sheff Utd and Birmingham City and demand would be very high....lose (or flounder against these two) and demand will tail off. Nobody has a crystal ball so it's a tricky one at this stage...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Bristol City on 12:21 - Jan 17 with 2641 viewskarnataka

Bristol City on 19:55 - Jan 16 by jackharris

My tickets are Row 24, so numbered not lettered but take your point, not rows 1-6
[Post edited 17 Jan 2019 12:24]
Bristol City on 21:13 - Jan 17 with 2408 viewspencoedjack

Bristol City on 11:40 - Jan 17 by Thrasher6

Us selling tickets would be results based...Wins against Sheff Utd and Birmingham City and demand would be very high....lose (or flounder against these two) and demand will tail off. Nobody has a crystal ball so it's a tricky one at this stage...

Those who wait to see if we win 2 games before deciding if they fancy a trip to Bristol City don’t deserve tickets.

Fuk me we have some pampered fans
Bristol City on 08:57 - Jan 18 with 2242 viewsbuilthjack

I am surprised that there are not many people on here looking for tickets
[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 8:57]

Bristol City on 08:59 - Jan 18 with 2237 viewswestside

about 40 seats left in hospitality
Bristol City on 10:27 - Jan 18 with 2182 views1983

Bristol City on 14:01 - Jan 15 by owainglyndwr

I can see this being another Reading, hope not though.
So many without tickets

On what basis ?

Bristol City on 11:16 - Jan 18 with 2130 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Another 1000 tickets on sale from 1pm today.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Bristol City on 11:17 - Jan 18 with 2129 viewsBristolInPeace

Hi @PapaLazarou and anyone else wondering about the lowish/moderate allocation.

It is a bit dated now but predominantly the reason for the lower allocation would have been a club decision I feel.

Big away followings though good for the game, as a whole- and I'm personally in favour of like past times albeit brought up to 2019 standards, safe standing behind both goals, giving away fans at all grounds a whole end- however in these times they help away sides- especially in a derby type atmosphere or a big match.

Essentially, the club (my team aka Bristol City) would like marginal gains. Every little helps, i.e. smaller numbers of away fans- we saw what a big noisy away following last year could do v Leeds and v Wolves in 2017- the latter was especially crucial in our downfall last season being the way it went, the end of the year etc.

I believe the ideal for the club would be away fans as far away from the pitch as possible and in a fairly low number. Hence why no POTD for away supporters either.

Anyway, my point is moot now there has been an extra allocation but this hopefully helps to explain it a bit.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 11:27]
Bristol City on 11:36 - Jan 18 with 2064 views1983

Bristol City on 11:17 - Jan 18 by BristolInPeace

Hi @PapaLazarou and anyone else wondering about the lowish/moderate allocation.

It is a bit dated now but predominantly the reason for the lower allocation would have been a club decision I feel.

Big away followings though good for the game, as a whole- and I'm personally in favour of like past times albeit brought up to 2019 standards, safe standing behind both goals, giving away fans at all grounds a whole end- however in these times they help away sides- especially in a derby type atmosphere or a big match.

Essentially, the club (my team aka Bristol City) would like marginal gains. Every little helps, i.e. smaller numbers of away fans- we saw what a big noisy away following last year could do v Leeds and v Wolves in 2017- the latter was especially crucial in our downfall last season being the way it went, the end of the year etc.

I believe the ideal for the club would be away fans as far away from the pitch as possible and in a fairly low number. Hence why no POTD for away supporters either.

Anyway, my point is moot now there has been an extra allocation but this hopefully helps to explain it a bit.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 11:27]

More likely the police have got involved as it says on official website

“Due to concerns over Swans fans travelling without tickets, Bristol City have agreed to release a further allocation.’’

This way any Swansea City fans without tickets found wandering around Brizzle will now be marched to the ground and put in as there now with more room
[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 12:15]

Bristol City on 11:47 - Jan 18 with 2030 viewsBristolInPeace

Bristol City on 11:36 - Jan 18 by 1983

More likely the police have got involved as it says on official website

“Due to concerns over Swans fans travelling without tickets, Bristol City have agreed to release a further allocation.’’

This way any Swansea City fans without tickets found wandering around Brizzle will now be marched to the ground and put in as there now with more room
[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 12:15]

Would play a part certainly, but at the same time we have been pretty consistent in the main in our approach to allocations this season. There is always an exception to the rule and yourselves maybe it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024