Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky Coverage Today. 10:52 - Jan 1 with 2655 viewslifelong

According to the Sky web site, Forest v Leeds game on live with 4 other games on the red button, our game not being one of them.
Sky Coverage Today. on 10:59 - Jan 1 with 2624 viewssg1912

I wonder how many haven't bothered travelling because they thought Sky were covering the game..
Sky Coverage Today. on 11:07 - Jan 1 with 2568 viewsMrSwerve

So what’s happened to this ‘all games on red button’ thing? Sky were really promoting this as a big thing this year...

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Sky Coverage Today. on 11:24 - Jan 1 with 2480 viewsSwansea93

Can't see nothing being said about 4 games?

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Sky Coverage Today. on 11:30 - Jan 1 with 2448 viewsunion_jack

Sky Coverage Today. on 11:24 - Jan 1 by Swansea93

Can't see nothing being said about 4 games?

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/34681/11588060/david-pruttons-new-years-

I thought alll games were on the red button. Why only a select few? Doesn't make sense.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Sky Coverage Today. on 11:53 - Jan 1 with 2345 viewsGoldminer

do you think there will be feeds for it?
Sky Coverage Today. on 17:45 - Jan 1 with 1789 viewsTenbySwan

Sky tweeted in response to a query, /complaint about this that only 4 clubs had provided a stream for them.

It seems then that the club's have to provide this one camera stuff?
Sky Coverage Today. on 17:51 - Jan 1 with 1757 viewsjasper_T

Sky Coverage Today. on 17:45 - Jan 1 by TenbySwan

Sky tweeted in response to a query, /complaint about this that only 4 clubs had provided a stream for them.

I think the New Years Day fixtures are a special case (like Boxing Day) so clubs can choose whether to treat it as a blackout date.

With Reading not selling out they probably decided not to give the game away.
Sky Coverage Today. on 19:32 - Jan 1 with 1624 viewsProfessor

Sky Coverage Today. on 17:51 - Jan 1 by jasper_T

I think the New Years Day fixtures are a special case (like Boxing Day) so clubs can choose whether to treat it as a blackout date.

With Reading not selling out they probably decided not to give the game away.

There were 6 on with commentary. Was expecting ours but did something productive instead
Login to get fewer ads

Sky Coverage Today. on 08:01 - Jan 2 with 1415 viewsJinxy

Sky Coverage Today. on 17:45 - Jan 1 by TenbySwan

That doesn't make sense, because Sky were showing the Swans goals moments after they were scored, so there was a camera there! The only thing missing would have been a common 'tater and to be honest I could well do without that half the time.
Sky Coverage Today. on 10:20 - Jan 2 with 1283 viewsjasper_T

Sky Coverage Today. on 08:01 - Jan 2 by Jinxy

That doesn't make sense, because Sky were showing the Swans goals moments after they were scored, so there was a camera there! The only thing missing would have been a common 'tater and to be honest I could well do without that half the time.

Of course there was a camera there, every club uses a single camera setup for iFollow/their own service (SwansTV uses additional cameras as well but the colour & quality is completely different and editing between the streams is a mess) which gets shared with the opposition. This has also been shared with Sky for midweek evening fixtures on the red button.

It was a rights/permission issue, not a technical one.
Sky Coverage Today. on 14:00 - Jan 2 with 1195 viewsstevethejack

Sky Coverage Today. on 10:20 - Jan 2 by jasper_T

Of course there was a camera there, every club uses a single camera setup for iFollow/their own service (SwansTV uses additional cameras as well but the colour & quality is completely different and editing between the streams is a mess) which gets shared with the opposition. This has also been shared with Sky for midweek evening fixtures on the red button.

It was a rights/permission issue, not a technical one.

Not a rights/permission issue. If Sky can show more than one game, they can show them all. More likely they didn't have enough capacity to show all games on the red button, and cherry picked the ones they wanted.

MIdweek games are split close to half and half for the Tuesday & Wednesday, so generally capacity to show them all via the red button. Boxing Day and New Years Day are the rare occasions when all the games are played at the same time (other than 3pm Saturdays, when Sky cannot show them for rights/permission reasons).
Sky Coverage Today. on 15:33 - Jan 2 with 1120 viewsunion_jack

Sky Coverage Today. on 14:00 - Jan 2 by stevethejack

Not a rights/permission issue. If Sky can show more than one game, they can show them all. More likely they didn't have enough capacity to show all games on the red button, and cherry picked the ones they wanted.

MIdweek games are split close to half and half for the Tuesday & Wednesday, so generally capacity to show them all via the red button. Boxing Day and New Years Day are the rare occasions when all the games are played at the same time (other than 3pm Saturdays, when Sky cannot show them for rights/permission reasons).

I thought that to be honest. Though they could have shown more than four. Maybe they couldn't pick an obvious 5th or 6th?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Sky Coverage Today. on 21:00 - Jan 2 with 1023 viewsQJumpingJack

they had capacity on Boxing Day to show all the games.
Sky Coverage Today. on 21:16 - Jan 2 with 1010 viewsexiledclaseboy

My guess is that the games they chose to show live were all sold out, like out Boxing Day game was.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024