Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are you going Vegan this year? 13:21 - Jan 1 with 6109 viewslifelong

Lots of people already have..apparently.
https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/vegans-uk-rise-popularit
Are you going Vegan this year? on 13:37 - Jan 1 with 3805 viewsyescomeon

I packed in meat more or less towards the end of last year. Carbon reduction reasons for me. Could go without milk easy, don't think I could give up cheese.

Upthecity!

Are you going Vegan this year? on 13:45 - Jan 1 with 3791 viewsJack_Kass

I don't see the need for the tags people out on themselves, personally. if you want to eat a meat free meal, then do so, and if you want a steak, then have a fackin steak! Be a veggie, vegan or meat eater on whatever day you want.

Although I have noticed that Vegans don't particularly like it if you ask them 'is Water vegan?'

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Are you going Vegan this year? on 14:18 - Jan 1 with 3761 viewshobo

The opposite for me. Wasn't eating enough meat last year, but will try to eat a lot more fresh meat in 2019
Are you going Vegan this year? on 15:01 - Jan 1 with 3733 viewsLord_Bony

I eat mainly a plant based diet these days but have indulged a bit over. Christmas my old ways.

A mixture of both is fine for most people but yes cut back on meat and dairy consumption please.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Are you going Vegan this year? on 15:14 - Jan 1 with 3710 viewsdickythorpe

If you give up meat, take an Iron tablet
Are you going Vegan this year? on 15:36 - Jan 1 with 3686 viewsGowerjack

I'll let everyone know if I do...

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Are you going Vegan this year? on 16:58 - Jan 1 with 3637 viewsrockinjk

One of my resolutions is not to go Vegan this year
Are you going Vegan this year? on 17:25 - Jan 1 with 3608 viewsHighjack

I’m not ready for full blown veganism yet but I always make sure all my veg is free range.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

Are you going Vegan this year? on 20:46 - Jan 1 with 3520 viewssmoulder

I went vegan 18 months ago.....and I've never felt better than I do now.....lost a stone and a half in weight without even trying....... Its shocking what the food industry get away with, putting in your food.
Are you going Vegan this year? on 21:00 - Jan 1 with 3509 viewsphact0rri

Are you going Vegan this year? on 15:14 - Jan 1 by dickythorpe

Iron is in a lot of stuff. b12, and omegas are the things you should supplement. :D

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Are you going Vegan this year? on 21:06 - Jan 1 with 3504 viewsDarran

I’m a vaginatarian. I only eat beaver.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Are you going Vegan this year? on 21:33 - Jan 1 with 3474 viewsHighjack

Are you going Vegan this year? on 21:06 - Jan 1 by Darran

I’m a vaginatarian. I only eat beaver.

Damn!

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Are you going Vegan this year? on 01:07 - Jan 2 with 3406 viewsE20_TheMaverick

Are you going Vegan this year? on 13:37 - Jan 1 by yescomeon

I packed in meat more or less towards the end of last year. Carbon reduction reasons for me. Could go without milk easy, don't think I could give up cheese.

Good man.

I genuinely think the majority of the western world will be vegan within 20 years. If people had some spare cash they certainly should have invested in revolutionary plant based companies years ago.

Bill gates and Richard Branson are now heavily involved.
Are you going Vegan this year? on 14:33 - Jan 2 with 3295 viewsJack_Kass

Now the country is listening..

Are you going Vegan this year? on 20:58 - Jan 2 with 3226 viewscackinthesackjack

Whatever your diet seriously consider buying your meat and veg locally. It'll be far better than the crap in your supermarket plus you'll know its origin.

Poll: To replace or not to replace Garry Monk?

Are you going Vegan this year? on 21:00 - Jan 2 with 3224 viewsBloodyhills

No but to aim to reduce meat and carbos in my diet.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Are you going Vegan this year? on 21:02 - Jan 2 with 3222 viewsBloodyhills

Are you going Vegan this year? on 15:14 - Jan 1 by dickythorpe

My Dr mates says vitamin tabs just create expensive piss. Much better to eat some veg with iron in apparently.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Are you going Vegan this year? on 23:12 - Jan 2 with 3200 viewsphact0rri

Are you going Vegan this year? on 21:02 - Jan 2 by Bloodyhills

My Dr mates says vitamin tabs just create expensive piss. Much better to eat some veg with iron in apparently.

Is your mate a nutritionist? Because I can understand why some people say this, but its not accurate. And its a bad idea to not supplement, especially if you aren't careful about what you consume. lacking proper nutrition can severely harm your body.

The truth is humans aren't very good at eating. So whether it be from source or from a tab your only synthsizing a small fraction of the vitamins and minerals you consume. Its best to get as much as you can anyway you can. There's a lot of science here in how we consume and process the various nutrients we need, some is better dealt with with food, some water, some during a fast. But even a little bit of a buffer and only getting 10% of the consumed amount is better than going completely without.

Personally,I think of vitamins as a backup plan. so if I'm not getting enough from a natural source I'm still getting the tab to fill in the blanks.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Are you going Vegan this year? on 23:20 - Jan 2 with 3195 viewsBloodyhills

Are you going Vegan this year? on 23:12 - Jan 2 by phact0rri

Is your mate a nutritionist? Because I can understand why some people say this, but its not accurate. And its a bad idea to not supplement, especially if you aren't careful about what you consume. lacking proper nutrition can severely harm your body.

The truth is humans aren't very good at eating. So whether it be from source or from a tab your only synthsizing a small fraction of the vitamins and minerals you consume. Its best to get as much as you can anyway you can. There's a lot of science here in how we consume and process the various nutrients we need, some is better dealt with with food, some water, some during a fast. But even a little bit of a buffer and only getting 10% of the consumed amount is better than going completely without.

Personally,I think of vitamins as a backup plan. so if I'm not getting enough from a natural source I'm still getting the tab to fill in the blanks.

He is a Phd scientist and has researched and written a book on healthy living and how to live to a good old age. I think he co wrote it with his dad who is a medical doctor. I don't disagree that if you aren't able to get a good balance of nutrition then take some supplements in case but I would think that having a good balanced diet is better. :-)
[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 23:23]

Are you going Vegan this year? on 00:47 - Jan 3 with 3161 viewsE20_TheMaverick__

Are you going Vegan this year? on 23:20 - Jan 2 by Bloodyhills

He is a Phd scientist and has researched and written a book on healthy living and how to live to a good old age. I think he co wrote it with his dad who is a medical doctor. I don't disagree that if you aren't able to get a good balance of nutrition then take some supplements in case but I would think that having a good balanced diet is better. :-)
[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 23:23]

Yep. There is nothing you cannot get from our more natural and suitable plant based diet as people do from a diet involving animal products.

Iron is rich in such foods as broccoli and kale. B12 is one which gets trotted out often, B12 is found in dirt, we lack it as a society because of sanitised food preparations and food grown artificially. Ironically more B12 deficient people are meat eaters, this is because the animals usually get the B12 from the soil in the grass they eat (which is why pregnant women often crave mud) but since replaced with feed pellets. Animal flesh is now injected with B12 to avoid this.

There is not a single animal on this planet where it's food makes it sick, because its body should be developed to handle it perfectly. The only one is man who persist on eating animals and animal products against all common sense, nature, instinct and medical advice. Its societal.

If all new borns were born into our world without any guidance from us or their peers, animals would be nurtured as in keeping with our instincts and food would be grown and picked in keeping with our anatomy and natural desire. They would be horrified if they then stepped into various places across the country where animals are tortured, mutilated and skinned in complete terror for no real reason at all.

56 BILLION land animals brutally taken in this was every year. 56 BILLION. 40 MILLION of those are animals skinned alive for their fur and left to die in agony. That isn't even touching the trillions taken from the sea. Its truly horrific and future generations from now will be incredulous about how we lived and treated other living beings, of that I have very little doubt.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2019 0:59]
Are you going Vegan this year? on 02:16 - Jan 3 with 3126 viewsJack_Kass

Are you going Vegan this year? on 00:47 - Jan 3 by E20_TheMaverick__

Yep. There is nothing you cannot get from our more natural and suitable plant based diet as people do from a diet involving animal products.

Iron is rich in such foods as broccoli and kale. B12 is one which gets trotted out often, B12 is found in dirt, we lack it as a society because of sanitised food preparations and food grown artificially. Ironically more B12 deficient people are meat eaters, this is because the animals usually get the B12 from the soil in the grass they eat (which is why pregnant women often crave mud) but since replaced with feed pellets. Animal flesh is now injected with B12 to avoid this.

There is not a single animal on this planet where it's food makes it sick, because its body should be developed to handle it perfectly. The only one is man who persist on eating animals and animal products against all common sense, nature, instinct and medical advice. Its societal.

If all new borns were born into our world without any guidance from us or their peers, animals would be nurtured as in keeping with our instincts and food would be grown and picked in keeping with our anatomy and natural desire. They would be horrified if they then stepped into various places across the country where animals are tortured, mutilated and skinned in complete terror for no real reason at all.

56 BILLION land animals brutally taken in this was every year. 56 BILLION. 40 MILLION of those are animals skinned alive for their fur and left to die in agony. That isn't even touching the trillions taken from the sea. Its truly horrific and future generations from now will be incredulous about how we lived and treated other living beings, of that I have very little doubt.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2019 0:59]

Do you drink water?

Are you going Vegan this year? on 02:44 - Jan 3 with 3118 viewsE20_TheMaverick__

Are you going Vegan this year? on 02:16 - Jan 3 by Jack_Kass

Do you drink water?

Yes.
Are you going Vegan this year? on 09:14 - Jan 3 with 3038 viewsJackfath

I thought there were cave drawings of cavemen chasing and killing animals? Both to use their skins for warmth and flesh for food. Isn't it also a reason why we have incisors to aid us in chewing meat and other foods?

God is Great.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2019 9:15]

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Are you going Vegan this year? on 09:20 - Jan 3 with 3029 viewslifelong

Are you going Vegan this year? on 09:14 - Jan 3 by Jackfath

I thought there were cave drawings of cavemen chasing and killing animals? Both to use their skins for warmth and flesh for food. Isn't it also a reason why we have incisors to aid us in chewing meat and other foods?

God is Great.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2019 9:15]

It would be difficult to eat a Greggs vegan sausage without any teeth.
Are you going Vegan this year? on 09:24 - Jan 3 with 3027 viewsJackfath

Are you going Vegan this year? on 09:20 - Jan 3 by lifelong

It would be difficult to eat a Greggs vegan sausage without any teeth.

Greasy vegan sausage rolls. Lovely. Is the pastry vegan? Personally I'd be more worried about the packaging that Greggs and others use. Dreadful to the environment.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024