Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Finally 16:54 - Jan 1 with 1635 viewsDippy

Potter plays our best 11 and we win

Poll: Cooper Out

Finally on 17:03 - Jan 1 with 1528 viewswestwalesed

Without a doubt our best starting 11 with the current squad of players.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Finally on 17:10 - Jan 1 with 1437 viewsicecoldjack

100% spot on OP.

Nothing to add.
Finally on 17:15 - Jan 1 with 1387 views34dfgdf54

We conceded.

Potter out.
Finally on 17:20 - Jan 1 with 1366 viewsjasper_T

Finally on 17:15 - Jan 1 by 34dfgdf54

We conceded.

Potter out.

Fer was blowing, should have been off before then I agree.
Finally on 17:22 - Jan 1 with 1340 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I am not so sure that Dyer is better than James.
Finally on 17:24 - Jan 1 with 1301 viewsunion_jack

Finally on 17:22 - Jan 1 by A_Fans_Dad

I am not so sure that Dyer is better than James.

James frightens defences far more, no doubt. End product must be worked on but I'd start him instead of Dyer every time.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Finally on 17:28 - Jan 1 with 1271 viewssP7qupUf

Finally on 17:24 - Jan 1 by union_jack

James frightens defences far more, no doubt. End product must be worked on but I'd start him instead of Dyer every time.

Agreed. People complain about James' lack of end product. Where's Dyer's?
Finally on 17:28 - Jan 1 with 1271 viewsPrivate_Partz

Potter will rotate the squad and pick the side he thinks will perform the best against the opposition we are playing at the time. This allowing for the fact we have a young inexperienced squad as a result of the deal he was dealt in the close season.
We had better get used to it and hope the treacherous ones actually smell the coffee and support the Manager in this window,

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Login to get fewer ads

Finally on 17:29 - Jan 1 with 1248 viewsraynor94

Finally on 17:28 - Jan 1 by Private_Partz

Potter will rotate the squad and pick the side he thinks will perform the best against the opposition we are playing at the time. This allowing for the fact we have a young inexperienced squad as a result of the deal he was dealt in the close season.
We had better get used to it and hope the treacherous ones actually smell the coffee and support the Manager in this window,

Super post!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Finally on 17:32 - Jan 1 with 1228 viewsjasper_T

Finally on 17:28 - Jan 1 by sP7qupUf

Agreed. People complain about James' lack of end product. Where's Dyer's?

Doesn't create as many chances to miss so people don't notice.

Sensible enough selection today with DJ playing 90 on Saturday.
Finally on 17:45 - Jan 1 with 1153 viewsicecoldjack

I agree but at the same time, it's clear that experience needs to be used far more than it has been, nobody knows why there's been no Dyer and Routs but they offer more overall, while dyer is struggling as an attacking force his defensive help is making a difference .

We need consistent selection not loads of changes every week.

The other point I will make is that sometimes you need to worry about yourself not the opposition, and his selection of Harris away at Villa was never in a million years the best option there, and there's been many other selection options similar to that.

He dropped Mulder when the bloke was in red hot form too, another bizzare call, he could well be feeling his way in but it's now the business side of the season and things need to settle so combinations can develop on the field and our passing can get more fluid and sharper.

That was our most balanced team today, the first 60 mins showed that, though Reading were quite possibly the worst team I be seen this season .

Well done to the boys and potter, considering his difficult job here it's going ok for me overall.
Finally on 17:53 - Jan 1 with 1094 viewsFireboy2

Finally on 17:29 - Jan 1 by raynor94

Super post!

Seconded

Spot on PP
Finally on 18:41 - Jan 1 with 930 viewslonglostjack

Finally on 17:53 - Jan 1 by Fireboy2

Seconded

Spot on PP

Thirded. I like Potter. He’s on as much of a learning curve as some of the younger players. It was our best 11 today but they can’t play week in week out. The first 45 mins against Wigan last week was a disaster admittedly but it may have been a blessing in disguise in the long term. The reason for Dyer and Routledge not getting picked until recently is anybody’s guess but my guess is that there was external influence along the lines of being told that they will be shifted out at the next opportunity. What changed ? - the need for them to be in the shop window or a realisation on Potter’s part that there was only so much he could do with youth. Give Potter space and back him and his recruitment team and we might get somewhere. The alternative is Pinocchio sticking his beak in again.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Finally on 18:48 - Jan 1 with 882 viewsjasper_T

Didn't realise how much older Potter is than Monk.

He's not an especially young manager by this division's standards (half are 45 and under), and has a lot more on-the-job experience than many of his competitors.
Finally on 18:54 - Jan 1 with 864 viewslonglostjack

Finally on 18:48 - Jan 1 by jasper_T

Didn't realise how much older Potter is than Monk.

He's not an especially young manager by this division's standards (half are 45 and under), and has a lot more on-the-job experience than many of his competitors.

He’s 43. Steady on Jasper. You’re making me feel ancient and he’s only 4 years older than Monk which makes him 5 years younger than Wilf.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 18:57]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Finally on 18:59 - Jan 1 with 849 viewskrunchykarrot

Spot on, and i hope he does carry on rotating the players play James eg where and when is key to next year.
Finally on 19:00 - Jan 1 with 845 viewsjasper_T

Finally on 18:54 - Jan 1 by longlostjack

He’s 43. Steady on Jasper. You’re making me feel ancient and he’s only 4 years older than Monk which makes him 5 years younger than Wilf.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 18:57]

Quiet we're trying to sell the bloke.

He's a sprightly 27 who's just been unfortunate with some minor knocks.
Finally on 19:13 - Jan 1 with 808 viewsJango

There’s rotating the squad and then there’s being outlandish. Last weeks team selection was a car crash and cost us points against a team we should be beating at home. Lesson learnt hopefully but he deserved all the criticism he got last week. Great start to the new year today though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024