Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff vs Spurs 17:26 - Jan 1 with 7199 viewsJackfath

I hope Spurs smash them for 6.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Cardiff vs Spurs on 21:32 - Jan 1 with 1643 viewsGaryjack

Cardiff vs Spurs on 21:29 - Jan 1 by Bluebird

He took us up last season and that has put our club in good shape off the field. Terrible to watch but pretty football means nothing if it ain't getting you anywhere?

The only flaw in that statement is:....You ain't getting anywhere?
Cardiff vs Spurs on 21:35 - Jan 1 with 1633 viewsAnotherJohn

It will be a long hard season, but Cardiff may just survive. Personally speaking I hope our next meeting is in the EPL, but it Is difficult to say which team faces the bigger challenge for that to happen. It looks just as hard for a smaller team to stay up for more than a couple of years as it is to get promoted.
Cardiff vs Spurs on 21:37 - Jan 1 with 1621 viewsBluebird

Cardiff vs Spurs on 21:26 - Jan 1 by Garyjack

Well yes, that comes with the territory my friend. But fans walking out after 30 mins is a totally different animal!

It actually pissed me off to see fans leaving their seats to watch the game by the bar in the concourse. I'm old school and like you and many others we have supported our teams through the good and the bad times.
Most of these who walk out have never witnessed getting beat in the basement by Torquay or Mk Dons and will be gone if we go down..
Back then losing 0.3 to Spurs would have been a dream 🤣
Cardiff vs Spurs on 21:40 - Jan 1 with 1610 viewsBluebird

Cardiff vs Spurs on 21:32 - Jan 1 by Garyjack

Gary we are doing ok mate we don't have expectations if we survive then great but if we don't we will be in a better position than last time.
Cardiff vs Spurs on 21:40 - Jan 1 with 1613 viewsjasper_T

Cardiff vs Spurs on 21:29 - Jan 1 by Bluebird

He took us up last season and that has put our club in good shape off the field. Terrible to watch but pretty football means nothing if it ain't getting you anywhere?

Football is an entertainment product at the end of the day. If you can't enjoy watching it what's the point?
Cardiff vs Spurs on 21:44 - Jan 1 with 1600 viewsBluebird

Cardiff vs Spurs on 21:35 - Jan 1 by AnotherJohn

It will be a long hard season, but Cardiff may just survive. Personally speaking I hope our next meeting is in the EPL, but it Is difficult to say which team faces the bigger challenge for that to happen. It looks just as hard for a smaller team to stay up for more than a couple of years as it is to get promoted.

I agree even if we stay up we will just be the whipping boys again next season.
Cardiff vs Spurs on 21:46 - Jan 1 with 1587 viewsN_T_J

Cardiff vs Spurs on 21:22 - Jan 1 by Bluebird

Plenty of empty seats at your games this season and worse it will get next season.

🎣🤗
Cardiff vs Spurs on 21:50 - Jan 1 with 1572 viewsBluebird

Cardiff vs Spurs on 21:40 - Jan 1 by jasper_T

Football is an entertainment product at the end of the day. If you can't enjoy watching it what's the point?

You serious? Not been following the swans long then?? Been following Cardiff since 1980 and the football entertainment has been pretty average if i'm honest. I have on many occasions thought what's the point but never turned my back and i was always there.
Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff vs Spurs on 21:51 - Jan 1 with 1570 viewssainthelens

Cardiff vs Spurs on 21:40 - Jan 1 by Bluebird

Gary we are doing ok mate we don't have expectations if we survive then great but if we don't we will be in a better position than last time.

Nothing more amusing than pre meditated excuses...that you actually started in September!
Cardiff vs Spurs on 21:52 - Jan 1 with 1561 viewslonglostjack

Let’s be honest Cardiff are being completely outplayed in most games and have relied on the odd lucky punch. I can’t see them ever matching our achievements during our seven seasons. It’s just not a footballing city.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Cardiff vs Spurs on 21:58 - Jan 1 with 1541 viewsBluebird

Cardiff vs Spurs on 21:51 - Jan 1 by sainthelens

Nothing more amusing than pre meditated excuses...that you actually started in September!

I never thought we would get promoted so for me this season is a bonus.
Getting relegated won't be nice but even worse for me was the aftermath of relegation we suffered last time.
I'm hoping we have learned so if we do we won't be having off the field dramas which was similar to what your experiencing but worse.
Cardiff vs Spurs on 22:10 - Jan 1 with 1510 viewsGaryjack

Cardiff vs Spurs on 21:40 - Jan 1 by Bluebird

Don't bank on it. Tan wants his money back. Your fans insulted him over the rebrand. He wont forget it. I know a few Malaysians (not football people of course), but to them, a promise is a promise. Tan invested, and your fans turned on him when it went wrong. He will not forget that.
Cardiff vs Spurs on 22:18 - Jan 1 with 1482 viewsjasper_T

Cardiff vs Spurs on 21:50 - Jan 1 by Bluebird

You serious? Not been following the swans long then?? Been following Cardiff since 1980 and the football entertainment has been pretty average if i'm honest. I have on many occasions thought what's the point but never turned my back and i was always there.

Entirely serious.

We all get wrapped up and invested following our teams and sometimes it's at its most compelling at the hardest, most dramatic of times. But it's still a spectator sport. It's not life or death. The industry survives on the sufferance of Sky's viewing figures.

Life is short, there's nothing noble about suffering through Saturday after Saturday of tedious nonsense if you're not enjoying the experience. Find something better to do like most people in Cardiff.

Success at the top table is nice but that season review dvd the club put out for our 8th place finish is gathering dust for damned good reason.
Cardiff vs Spurs on 23:27 - Jan 1 with 1394 viewstredwyn

Cardiff vs Spurs on 21:35 - Jan 1 by AnotherJohn

I agree. I'd rather play them in the Prem than play them in the second tier. And the spice isn't there if we don't play them at all. So I hope they stay up, even if they do play anti-football. But I wouldn't bet on it. Burnley will click soon and then Cardiff will be up against it. Still, with the top few Prem teams taking so many points I doubt if 40 will be necessary to survive. 38 should do.
Cardiff vs Spurs on 23:43 - Jan 1 with 1384 viewsLoyal

Cardiff vs Spurs on 21:50 - Jan 1 by Bluebird

I tell you what on a hot night in Valencia ripoing them apart and progressing nigh on to thinking we could get to a European final was reward for me let alone winning nearly 100 premier League games, scoring over 300 goals, beating the very best that was thrown at us. I don't think another Welsh team will achieve anything like this ever again and throw in major trophy in the mix as well, not ever.
I don't have the same opinion of my team as you do, but I understand why you still go and why you will always go.
But it's time for the supporters of Cardiff to admit, you will never achieve what the Swans have achieved in modern day football. And your recent home results reflect this, but as I said as long as you are enjoying it ( like I am this season in the championship) quite plainley who gives a fck.
Enjoy.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Cardiff vs Spurs on 00:50 - Jan 2 with 1346 viewsBluebird

Cardiff vs Spurs on 21:32 - Jan 1 by Garyjack

We got from near the bottom of the championship to the premiership hoofing it which probably saved us as a club instead of possibly plummeting down the leagues. Not pretty but it got us somewhere 🙂
Cardiff vs Spurs on 00:52 - Jan 2 with 1343 viewsBluebird

Cardiff vs Spurs on 21:52 - Jan 1 by longlostjack

Let’s be honest Cardiff are being completely outplayed in most games and have relied on the odd lucky punch. I can’t see them ever matching our achievements during our seven seasons. It’s just not a footballing city.

It's hard for us to look beyond this season let alone seven 😂
Cardiff vs Spurs on 07:29 - Jan 2 with 1259 viewsJinxy

Cardiff vs Spurs on 00:50 - Jan 2 by Bluebird

We got from near the bottom of the championship to the premiership hoofing it which probably saved us as a club instead of possibly plummeting down the leagues. Not pretty but it got us somewhere 🙂

I honestly don't understand why Cardiff didn't throw in more academy players, so that even if/when they get relegated they would be trying to play good football and giving them valuable experience. I think style of play is all about identity - Swans fans want/expect a certain playing style and have surprising influence on the club in that respect (Man U fans are another example of this).

I'm sure Cardiff fans could, if they really wanted to, influence the playing style? Clubs probably take advantage of blind loyalty.
Cardiff vs Spurs on 21:48 - Jan 2 with 1048 viewsOldjack

Cardiff vs Spurs on 07:29 - Jan 2 by Jinxy

I honestly don't understand why Cardiff didn't throw in more academy players, so that even if/when they get relegated they would be trying to play good football and giving them valuable experience. I think style of play is all about identity - Swans fans want/expect a certain playing style and have surprising influence on the club in that respect (Man U fans are another example of this).

I'm sure Cardiff fans could, if they really wanted to, influence the playing style? Clubs probably take advantage of blind loyalty.

You do realize who's in charge ,king of the hoofers you div

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Cardiff vs Spurs on 21:59 - Jan 2 with 1021 views34dfgdf54

Cardiff vs Spurs on 07:29 - Jan 2 by Jinxy

I read a thread on Cardiff’s forum when Ole and then Trollope tried getting them to play a bit. A lot said Cardiff had always been “blood and thunder football” and didn’t want it to change.
Cardiff vs Spurs on 12:45 - Jan 3 with 894 viewspencoedjack

Burnley winning & Southampton getting a decent point at Chelsea making it tight at the bottom.

I think the Basseys may make an improvement on their last fleeting visit to the PL & finish 1 from the bottom.
Cardiff vs Spurs on 13:02 - Jan 3 with 876 viewssainthelens

Cardiff vs Spurs on 12:45 - Jan 3 by pencoedjack

Burnley winning & Southampton getting a decent point at Chelsea making it tight at the bottom.

I think the Basseys may make an improvement on their last fleeting visit to the PL & finish 1 from the bottom.

Tbh Penc, I'll settle for them needing a result at Manure last game of season and falling short.
Happy New year to you btw.
Cardiff vs Spurs on 13:05 - Jan 3 with 872 views34dfgdf54

One for Byron...

Lad I work with is a scummer. They are giving out buy one get one free tickets for the next two home games apparently?!?!

Is this True?

If so, that's shocking. One of them is a relegation six pointer against Huddersfield
Cardiff vs Spurs on 13:47 - Jan 3 with 851 viewsJinxy

Cardiff vs Spurs on 21:48 - Jan 2 by Oldjack

You do realize who's in charge ,king of the hoofers you div

Read the post - I was referring to the fans and the club as a whole, you knucklehead
Cardiff vs Spurs on 14:06 - Jan 3 with 832 viewspencoedjack

Cardiff vs Spurs on 13:02 - Jan 3 by sainthelens

Tbh Penc, I'll settle for them needing a result at Manure last game of season and falling short.
Happy New year to you btw.

No chance mate

Huddersfield & Cardiff will be cast way adrift before the end of the season.

Happy New year to you & fellow Jacks as well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024