Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich Town, £75 Million Pounds in Debt. 20:59 - Jan 1 with 8406 viewsSwanzay

According to 606 5Live. I hope we are never ever near that!
Ipswich Town, £75 Million Pounds in Debt. on 21:14 - Jan 1 with 6271 viewsWingstandwood

That is a staggering figure, somewhere down the line many a football club will eat itself either by just trying to stay in the Premier League or by attempting to get there in the first place.

I wonder what we (supporters) will or will not hear in the future? When it comes to transparency? Our official accounts/financial situation (I could be wrong, I stand to be corrected) isn't the Trust having a bit of a roadblock issue trying to access information like that over the last season or two?

Argus!

Ipswich Town, £75 Million Pounds in Debt. on 21:27 - Jan 1 with 6212 viewsSwanzay

Ipswich Town, £75 Million Pounds in Debt. on 21:14 - Jan 1 by Wingstandwood

That is a staggering figure, somewhere down the line many a football club will eat itself either by just trying to stay in the Premier League or by attempting to get there in the first place.

I wonder what we (supporters) will or will not hear in the future? When it comes to transparency? Our official accounts/financial situation (I could be wrong, I stand to be corrected) isn't the Trust having a bit of a roadblock issue trying to access information like that over the last season or two?

It truly is staggering, make you think what could happen....
Ipswich Town, £75 Million Pounds in Debt. on 21:31 - Jan 1 with 6190 viewsLandore_Jack

Stoke spent a fortune in the summer transfer window gambling on promotion. Yet, they are below half way in the league.

#backtojack

Ipswich Town, £75 Million Pounds in Debt. on 21:35 - Jan 1 with 6166 viewsswanforthemoney

Ipswich Town, £75 Million Pounds in Debt. on 21:31 - Jan 1 by Landore_Jack

Stoke spent a fortune in the summer transfer window gambling on promotion. Yet, they are below half way in the league.

Stoke are backstopped by the Coates family ( bet365) they won’t be in trouble.

I stand in the North Stand

Ipswich Town, £75 Million Pounds in Debt. on 21:44 - Jan 1 with 6115 viewscmajack

As much as that is an obscene amount of money, when was the last club that actually ceased to exist because of their financial situation.
Ipswich Town, £75 Million Pounds in Debt. on 21:49 - Jan 1 with 6091 viewsdickythorpe

Ipswich Town, £75 Million Pounds in Debt. on 21:44 - Jan 1 by cmajack

As much as that is an obscene amount of money, when was the last club that actually ceased to exist because of their financial situation.

Hereford, Scarborough
Ipswich Town, £75 Million Pounds in Debt. on 22:08 - Jan 1 with 6011 viewslonglostjack

Ipswich Town, £75 Million Pounds in Debt. on 21:14 - Jan 1 by Wingstandwood

When did the Trust last have access to the management accounts? It really is time we had an update.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 22:09]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Ipswich Town, £75 Million Pounds in Debt. on 22:21 - Jan 1 with 5962 viewsjasper_T

Last accounts were published in March last year. Should see last season's numbers around then.
Login to get fewer ads

Ipswich Town, £75 Million Pounds in Debt. on 22:22 - Jan 1 with 5956 viewscmajack

Ipswich Town, £75 Million Pounds in Debt. on 21:49 - Jan 1 by dickythorpe

Hereford, Scarborough

Both are still playing albeit under a slightly different name, hereford are even still playing at Edgar street. Certainly no established club has gone by the wayside since who knows when.
Ipswich Town, £75 Million Pounds in Debt. on 22:24 - Jan 1 with 5943 viewsItchySphincter

We’re paying a recently re-signed young centre half 25K p/w, allegedly. Problems will not be far away.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 12:00]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Ipswich Town, £75 Million Pounds in Debt. on 22:32 - Jan 1 with 5904 viewsWingstandwood

Ipswich Town, £75 Million Pounds in Debt. on 22:21 - Jan 1 by jasper_T

Last accounts were published in March last year. Should see last season's numbers around then.

Was SCST given full access to scrutinise the clubs accounts in depth for each and every individual item e.g. what players were really sold for as opposed to "undisclosed fee" type stuff?

Was the Trust allowed ever allowed to fully appraise the clubs fiances courtesy of unrestricted 'access all areas' freedom? You know being able to look at each and every piece of the financial jigsaw?
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 22:38]

Argus!

Ipswich Town, £75 Million Pounds in Debt. on 22:33 - Jan 1 with 5896 viewsSwanjaxs

Ipswich Town, £75 Million Pounds in Debt. on 21:44 - Jan 1 by cmajack

Glasgow Rangers 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Ipswich Town, £75 Million Pounds in Debt. on 22:36 - Jan 1 with 5879 viewslonglostjack

Ipswich Town, £75 Million Pounds in Debt. on 22:21 - Jan 1 by jasper_T

When will we / did we see the last set of management accounts?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Ipswich Town, £75 Million Pounds in Debt. on 22:40 - Jan 1 with 5860 viewsJack_Kass

They've been at this level for 17 years, the longest stay of any club in one division in the football league

Yet 75m in the red and I cant recall them even threatening the playoffs in the last 10 seasons.

Such a shame, fantastic club who have held their own at this level for many years, despite having a population of 100k less than our own city

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Ipswich Town, £75 Million Pounds in Debt. on 22:45 - Jan 1 with 5833 viewsjasper_T

Ipswich Town, £75 Million Pounds in Debt. on 22:32 - Jan 1 by Wingstandwood

Was SCST given full access to scrutinise the clubs accounts in depth for each and every individual item e.g. what players were really sold for as opposed to "undisclosed fee" type stuff?

Was the Trust allowed ever allowed to fully appraise the clubs fiances courtesy of unrestricted 'access all areas' freedom? You know being able to look at each and every piece of the financial jigsaw?
[Post edited 1 Jan 2019 22:38]

No idea about any Trust stuff (like what their shareholding entitles them to vs what they might be getting). Not my barrel of monkeys.
Ipswich Town, £75 Million Pounds in Debt. on 23:50 - Jan 1 with 5690 viewsLoyal

Ipswich Town, £75 Million Pounds in Debt. on 22:24 - Jan 1 by ItchySphincter

We’re paying a recently re-signed young centre half 25K p/w, allegedly. Problems will not be far away.

Jenkins and the yanks have made it quite clear any future financial expenditure is based on this new structure. I'm pretty certain he isn't on 1.2 million a year. Not even close.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Ipswich Town, £75 Million Pounds in Debt. on 01:05 - Jan 2 with 5628 viewsE20_TheMaverick

Ipswich Town, £75 Million Pounds in Debt. on 22:24 - Jan 1 by ItchySphincter

And yet if we let him walk away we would have fans complaining we were not ''backing Potter''.

This shows why the Americans aren't bowing to fan pressure and loading the club with debt. Also the exact reason why people like Chris and myself have been right about this from day 1.
Ipswich Town, £75 Million Pounds in Debt. on 03:12 - Jan 2 with 5560 viewsEU5Makaveli

Debt can be deceiving! Debt in equity or to their owner? Or worse?
Ipswich Town, £75 Million Pounds in Debt. on 03:41 - Jan 2 with 5548 viewsItchySphincter

Ipswich Town, £75 Million Pounds in Debt. on 23:50 - Jan 1 by Loyal

Jenkins and the yanks have made it quite clear any future financial expenditure is based on this new structure. I'm pretty certain he isn't on 1.2 million a year. Not even close.

Well it is so ridiculous you would assume it’s bullshit wouldn’t you? Hearsay obviously, as are most things on here, but I’m hearing it all the same.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Ipswich Town, £75 Million Pounds in Debt. on 06:33 - Jan 2 with 5487 viewsE20_TheMaverick

Ipswich Town, £75 Million Pounds in Debt. on 23:50 - Jan 1 by Loyal

Of course he isn't.

Doesn't stop these people peddling this rubbish as fact in an attempt to unsettle and discredit though.
Ipswich Town, £75 Million Pounds in Debt. on 07:19 - Jan 2 with 5440 viewsWhiterockin

Ipswich Town, £75 Million Pounds in Debt. on 21:35 - Jan 1 by swanforthemoney

Stoke are backstopped by the Coates family ( bet365) they won’t be in trouble.

Then they will be pulled for fair play.
Ipswich Town, £75 Million Pounds in Debt. on 07:47 - Jan 2 with 5403 viewsbuilthjack

Ipswich Town, £75 Million Pounds in Debt. on 07:19 - Jan 2 by Whiterockin

Then they will be pulled for fair play.

Fair play means f all.
Man City owner pumps money in through various sponsors which are linked to him.
There are ways around it.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Ipswich Town, £75 Million Pounds in Debt. on 11:55 - Jan 2 with 5164 viewsLoyal

Ipswich Town, £75 Million Pounds in Debt. on 06:33 - Jan 2 by E20_TheMaverick

Of course he isn't.

Doesn't stop these people peddling this rubbish as fact in an attempt to unsettle and discredit though.

We agree on something, although the poster wasn't trying to to discredit anyone.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Ipswich Town, £75 Million Pounds in Debt. on 12:53 - Jan 2 with 5084 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Ipswich Town, £75 Million Pounds in Debt. on 22:40 - Jan 1 by Jack_Kass

They've been at this level for 17 years, the longest stay of any club in one division in the football league

Yet 75m in the red and I cant recall them even threatening the playoffs in the last 10 seasons.

Such a shame, fantastic club who have held their own at this level for many years, despite having a population of 100k less than our own city

When comparing the population of Swansea and Ipswich you are not comparing similar local government areas.

Ipswich has a population of 133,381 but is the County town of Suffolk which has a population of 730,000.

The City and County of Swansea has a population of 241,300 if you exclude the old areas of Gower and the Lliw Valley then Swansea's Population was around 170,000.

Most of the Population growth has occurred just outside the boundaries of Ipswich, as Ipswich's has little free land and it's boundaries have not increased for the last 100 years.
If you included the New housing estates with 3 miles of Ipswich it's population would be similar to Swansea.

They were last in the play offs 2015 and most of their debt is currently held my their owner Marcus Evans.
Ipswich have also benefited from being in a football only county no competition from Rugby.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Ipswich Town, £75 Million Pounds in Debt. on 15:49 - Jan 4 with 4689 viewsLandore_Jack

Stoke sign Benik Afobe and Ryan Woods permanently for £19m

It is understood that Brentford will get £7m for Woods and Stoke will pay Wolves £12m for Afobe, who has scored seven times this season.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11701/11598811/stoke-sign-benik-afobe-an

#backtojack

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024