Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Around halfway, I'm happy 👍 00:03 - Jan 2 with 1972 viewsLoyal

Just how I see it really.
There's more to the education of our younger players than picking them to play games at certain times. Remember Potter employs developmental learning and gives players experiences and emotions in tasks away from football that reflect the same emotions on the pitch so they can deal with them properly or at least use personal experience to do so.
Im not saying he is always right but I like his methodology and thought process. Those who have used psychometer ( and effective ) emotional learning and not just cognitive remembering will know what I mean, but it really requires a complete on board mentality and buy in from everyone in the squad. The only real problem with this is when someone like Jordan Ayew appears all full of ego and bollox and influences younger players negatively. Maybe this answers the question, where were Nathan and Wayne for so long and where the hell is Narsingh. May be not but it shouldn't be dismissed out of hand.
Potter has managed his first 5 months incredibly well, behind the scenes as well as in front of the camera, including trusting his younger players and staff as well. He hasn't pulled up trees but when you see what he is doing and when it happens it's a pleasure to watch and again I say I'm enjoying this season immensely. To expect us to be in the top six and looking like promotion candidates is a bit too much at this time and then blaming potter for every single strategy he uses ( when it goes wrong ) is not at all helpful. If it helps we have a better goal difference than all the teams below us as well. And Stoke are one of them. They like Ipswich are going to be in shit street very soon.
I think a little bit more of a relaxed view of matters and maybe some tolerance that not every day is sunny and perfect and believe it or not when your rebuilding like Potter is support doesn't just come along on a matchday, it's an all round process that lasts a little bit longer than 90 minutes.

We all support Swansea City and have different views, as for Jenkins and co standing up for them and trying to reinforce them as good guys won't ever work for me, if it's your bag then great, but don't confuse thinking they are lying bastards with not supporting the team. That displays an immature outlook and goes a long way to letting the reader know how you process confrontational matters. ( Like not very well )
So, I enjoyed today, I head off back to proper beer and dangling off high buildings in cold conditions until April, by which time I am certain quite a few on here won't have slit their own throats because we can only achieve a top half finish after all the mismanagement and fruaudulant lies the club has had to endure.
Potter and co are solid professional people who care and are trying to make club on the pitch great again. They are working tirelessly and for me in any occupation that's bloody good enough.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Around halfway, I'm happy 👍 on 02:58 - Jan 2 with 1886 viewsEU5Makaveli

Well said👍 We are about where we expected to be, whilst bringing the best u23’s through and having reasonable success.
Considering what happened in the summer we are doing ok. We have a young squad and young manager which are only going to improve.
Credits where credits due, we’ve got a gem in Celina and in reality within the next 18 months he’ll be playing in the premier league with or without Swansea city
Around halfway, I'm happy 👍 on 07:11 - Jan 2 with 1807 viewsJinxy

That's pretty much what I see too - it's all in the mind eh. Look what Calvahal achieved when he relieved the players of the pressure, only to undo it by retreating and playing safe. Doh!

We are developing at a rate of knots when you think about it, but without trying to divert the thread we do need to get the off field shenaniguns sorted to give us a solid base and stability, so that all fans are fully behind all aspects of the club. GP will want this too I imagine.
Around halfway, I'm happy 👍 on 07:26 - Jan 2 with 1799 viewssainthelens

Stop talking so much sense Loyal. This forum has too many negative people on it to agree with you. Well said pal, BUT I've been saying for few months we are just 3 maybe 4 players away from pissn all over this league and that's what really niggles me. And it wouldn't take huge investment to do it.
Around halfway, I'm happy 👍 on 11:51 - Jan 2 with 1609 viewsLoyal

Around halfway, I'm happy 👍 on 07:26 - Jan 2 by sainthelens

Stop talking so much sense Loyal. This forum has too many negative people on it to agree with you. Well said pal, BUT I've been saying for few months we are just 3 maybe 4 players away from pissn all over this league and that's what really niggles me. And it wouldn't take huge investment to do it.

Scottish Eddie called me a dinosaur, I think his lack of understanding has resorted to name calling. Maybe his dad didn't get him enough coke for new years eve. 😂

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Around halfway, I'm happy 👍 on 12:17 - Jan 2 with 1564 viewsBadlands

If we were to promoted before we have a whole squad capable playing fast, sustained, pass and move we would either be embarrassed or would have to spend a fortune to (possibly) survive.
I would think the worry for Potter is that in order to ply really well he has to pick the more experienced players.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Around halfway, I'm happy 👍 on 12:32 - Jan 2 with 1524 viewsswancity

I enjoyed watching our team play at Reading. For an hour of so we played well given our current situation and it was an encouraging win

The manager is inexperienced at this level and has made mistakes but is clearly trying to play a certain style of football which matches our requirements.

What is sad to see though is the drop in playing standard from only a couple of seasons ago. Players like Dyer and Routledge have come back in and done well. That says a lot.

What’s the latest with Jenkins Dinesen etc ?

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Around halfway, I'm happy 👍 on 12:36 - Jan 2 with 1508 viewsirishswan546

Well said Loyal.
Around halfway, I'm happy 👍 on 12:41 - Jan 2 with 1490 viewsdobjack2

Around halfway, I'm happy 👍 on 12:17 - Jan 2 by Badlands

If we were to promoted before we have a whole squad capable playing fast, sustained, pass and move we would either be embarrassed or would have to spend a fortune to (possibly) survive.
I would think the worry for Potter is that in order to ply really well he has to pick the more experienced players.

It’s getting the balance between developing the squad (medium to long term) and getting results. If something doesn’t work then there is the almost certainty of hysterical overreactions in social media sites.

Contract news is very quiet in relation to the senior players whose contracts are up at the end of the season. So it could well be that towards the end of the season, if we aren’t going to be going up or down, we won’t be seeing those who aren’t signing/being offered a new contract.
Login to get fewer ads

Around halfway, I'm happy 👍 on 13:18 - Jan 2 with 1435 views34dfgdf54

Around halfway, I'm happy 👍 on 12:41 - Jan 2 by dobjack2

It’s getting the balance between developing the squad (medium to long term) and getting results. If something doesn’t work then there is the almost certainty of hysterical overreactions in social media sites.

Contract news is very quiet in relation to the senior players whose contracts are up at the end of the season. So it could well be that towards the end of the season, if we aren’t going to be going up or down, we won’t be seeing those who aren’t signing/being offered a new contract.

On that point. VDH impressed again yesterday. Hope talks with him are ongoing as he's a massive player for us.
Around halfway, I'm happy 👍 on 13:49 - Jan 2 with 1389 viewsjasper_T

Around halfway, I'm happy 👍 on 13:18 - Jan 2 by 34dfgdf54

On that point. VDH impressed again yesterday. Hope talks with him are ongoing as he's a massive player for us.

Turned down one offer already, or so the story goes.
Around halfway, I'm happy 👍 on 14:06 - Jan 2 with 1347 viewsLoyal

Around halfway, I'm happy 👍 on 13:49 - Jan 2 by jasper_T

Any hint on what it was ?

Around halfway, I'm happy 👍 on 14:36 - Jan 2 with 1307 views34dfgdf54

Around halfway, I'm happy 👍 on 13:49 - Jan 2 by jasper_T

Oh dear.

Shame.
Around halfway, I'm happy 👍 on 15:19 - Jan 2 with 1261 viewsjasper_T

Around halfway, I'm happy 👍 on 14:36 - Jan 2 by 34dfgdf54

Oh dear.

Shame.

Could just be standard negotiations. No reason he and his agent should make things easy for us given the time of year.
Around halfway, I'm happy 👍 on 15:28 - Jan 2 with 1247 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I have one small problem with the OP where he said "Potter has managed his first 5 months incredibly well, behind the scenes as well as in front of the camera, including trusting his younger players"
He did not have any choice about "trusting the young players", he literally had to to field a squad.
Around halfway, I'm happy 👍 on 15:40 - Jan 2 with 1218 viewsFlashberryjack

Mid Table mediocrity ? .......Nah ! for me.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Around halfway, I'm happy 👍 on 22:07 - Jan 2 with 1015 viewsLoyal

Around halfway, I'm happy 👍 on 15:28 - Jan 2 by A_Fans_Dad

I have one small problem with the OP where he said "Potter has managed his first 5 months incredibly well, behind the scenes as well as in front of the camera, including trusting his younger players"
He did not have any choice about "trusting the young players", he literally had to to field a squad.

So you agree ?

Around halfway, I'm happy 👍 on 09:29 - Jan 3 with 872 viewspencoedjack

Top post Loyal
Around halfway, I'm happy 👍 on 11:11 - Jan 3 with 814 viewsBloodyhills

Around halfway, I'm happy 👍 on 11:51 - Jan 2 by Loyal

Scottish Eddie called me a dinosaur, I think his lack of understanding has resorted to name calling. Maybe his dad didn't get him enough coke for new years eve. 😂

or Irn-Bru :D

P.S. Good post.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2019 11:12]

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Around halfway, I'm happy 👍 on 12:06 - Jan 3 with 770 viewsBryanSwan

Top post.
Considering how many inexperienced players we have had in and around the side its been good.
That plus going back to a style of play that is not a dreadful watch is a bonus too.
Hopefully finish up shifting the big hitter in January and the summer and we can get a settled side for a play off push next year.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024