Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Aston Villa v Swansea City FA Cup Third Round Match Thread 12:17 - Jan 2 with 23000 viewsjackharris

––––––PAY ON THE DAY NOW AVAILABLE––––––

[Post edited 5 Jan 2019 14:06]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Aston Villa v Swansea City FA Cup Third Round Match Thread on 13:49 - Jan 2 with 6976 viewsjasper_T

All change I expect.
The Official Aston Villa v Swansea City FA Cup Third Round Match Thread on 14:07 - Jan 2 with 6962 viewsairedale

I was thinking about it this morning, do we really care about the outcome? Personally I don’t and prefer that we concentrate on getting our league squad sorted.
The Official Aston Villa v Swansea City FA Cup Third Round Match Thread on 15:04 - Jan 2 with 6924 viewsbuilthjack

The Official Aston Villa v Swansea City FA Cup Third Round Match Thread on 14:07 - Jan 2 by airedale

I was thinking about it this morning, do we really care about the outcome? Personally I don’t and prefer that we concentrate on getting our league squad sorted.

What if we got to Wembley?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Aston Villa v Swansea City FA Cup Third Round Match Thread on 15:12 - Jan 2 with 6915 viewsairedale

The Official Aston Villa v Swansea City FA Cup Third Round Match Thread on 15:04 - Jan 2 by builthjack

What if we got to Wembley?

If it was in the playoffs then great. If it was in the cup it may have cost us the playoffs.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 16:45]
The Official Aston Villa v Swansea City FA Cup Third Round Match Thread on 15:40 - Jan 2 with 6878 viewsSwansea93

Nordfeldt
John
Rodon
CCV
Naughton
Fulton
Fer
Byers
James
Routledge
CBR

McB, Grimes, Roberts, VDH could all do with a weeks rest.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 15:42]

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

The Official Aston Villa v Swansea City FA Cup Third Round Match Thread on 16:17 - Jan 2 with 6832 viewssainthelens

I maybe bit nuts, but the way we play we could go on a decent cup run. As liable as we are to lose to anyone, the opposite could also apply. Potter likes cup comps if you go by his past. We won't go down, unlikely we'll get in the play offs ( unless we sign a couple), so why not have a go. Our sometimes suicidal way of playing may pay off in the cup.
I'm prepared for abuse.
The Official Aston Villa v Swansea City FA Cup Third Round Match Thread on 16:32 - Jan 2 with 6822 viewsjacabertawe

The Official Aston Villa v Swansea City FA Cup Third Round Match Thread on 16:17 - Jan 2 by sainthelens

I maybe bit nuts, but the way we play we could go on a decent cup run. As liable as we are to lose to anyone, the opposite could also apply. Potter likes cup comps if you go by his past. We won't go down, unlikely we'll get in the play offs ( unless we sign a couple), so why not have a go. Our sometimes suicidal way of playing may pay off in the cup.
I'm prepared for abuse.

Seems that the match is not on TV from any source.
Damn.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

The Official Aston Villa v Swansea City FA Cup Third Round Match Thread on 16:49 - Jan 2 with 6799 viewsairedale

The Official Aston Villa v Swansea City FA Cup Third Round Match Thread on 16:32 - Jan 2 by jacabertawe

Damn.

Kin ell. I wish we could complain.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Aston Villa v Swansea City FA Cup Third Round Match Thread on 17:21 - Jan 2 with 6754 viewssainthelens

The Official Aston Villa v Swansea City FA Cup Third Round Match Thread on 16:49 - Jan 2 by airedale

Kin ell. I wish we could complain.

Sit tight fella, be careful what you wish for. They'll be along soon.
The Official Aston Villa v Swansea City FA Cup Third Round Match Thread on 17:48 - Jan 2 with 6728 viewsjasper_T

The Official Aston Villa v Swansea City FA Cup Third Round Match Thread on 16:32 - Jan 2 by jacabertawe

Damn.

"By Sportsnet World (Canada) and ESPN+ (USA)" from another thread?
The Official Aston Villa v Swansea City FA Cup Third Round Match Thread on 08:20 - Jan 3 with 6284 viewsstAteSwan

The Official Aston Villa v Swansea City FA Cup Third Round Match Thread on 17:48 - Jan 2 by jasper_T

"By Sportsnet World (Canada) and ESPN+ (USA)" from another thread?

Every FA Cup Match from Round 3 onward is on televised on ESPN+ in the United States. From what I saw from the Round 2 Replays that were broadcast, it's not much, but its something. Of course, that might have had something to do with watching Blackwood play a non-league side at home in front of thousands of empty bright orange seats.
The Official Aston Villa v Swansea City FA Cup Third Round Match Thread on 10:01 - Jan 3 with 6229 viewsThrasher6

The Official Aston Villa v Swansea City FA Cup Third Round Match Thread on 16:17 - Jan 2 by sainthelens

I'm prepared for abuse.

Fair shout. Think he'll be going for it....

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

The Official Aston Villa v Swansea City FA Cup Third Round Match Thread on 10:06 - Jan 3 with 6224 viewsZaxx

A decent cup run may help the funds a little too :)
The Official Aston Villa v Swansea City FA Cup Third Round Match Thread on 10:31 - Jan 3 with 6206 viewsOptimisticJack

For once I think we should select our strongest team and go for it. The team which started against Reading was debatably our strongest. It would be refreshing to see us select an unchanged team.
In my opinion we will end up in mid table obscurity this season .A cup run would be a great way of giving us fans some excitement in a season of transition.
It sickened me last year at home to Tottenham in the quarter final for us to show such disrespect
to the fans and the tournament by fielding a weakened side. Tottenham couldn't believe their luck that day with a semi final at Wembley beckoning. We made it so easy for them that day.

Optimisticjack

The Official Aston Villa v Swansea City FA Cup Third Round Match Thread on 13:10 - Jan 3 with 6067 viewsjackharris

The Official Aston Villa v Swansea City FA Cup Third Round Match Thread on 08:20 - Jan 3 by stAteSwan

Every FA Cup Match from Round 3 onward is on televised on ESPN+ in the United States. From what I saw from the Round 2 Replays that were broadcast, it's not much, but its something. Of course, that might have had something to do with watching Blackwood play a non-league side at home in front of thousands of empty bright orange seats.

BlackPOOL (fans boycott of their allegedly dodgy owners)

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Aston Villa v Swansea City FA Cup Third Round Match Thread on 13:44 - Jan 3 with 6010 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I can understand people's logic in terms of wishing us to play a rotated lineup to concentrate on surviving in the Premier League.

However, seeing people hope we play a weakened team just so we can maintain our position as an average, mid table Championship team is very sad to read.

We're not going to go up this year. As long as our inexperienced and under performing manager stops making idiotic decisions we will not be going down either.

Why not try and go as far as we can?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The Official Aston Villa v Swansea City FA Cup Third Round Match Thread on 16:41 - Jan 3 with 5885 viewsjasper_T

Ollie, Wilf and Jeff all been ill this week.
The Official Aston Villa v Swansea City FA Cup Third Round Match Thread on 18:48 - Jan 3 with 5766 viewsLoyal

The Official Aston Villa v Swansea City FA Cup Third Round Match Thread on 16:41 - Jan 3 by jasper_T

C. Nordvelt
D.John. C.C Vickers. M.VDH. C. Harris
D.James. C.Fulton J.Dhanda. W. Routledge
B.Cellina
C. B Richardson

Subs : Dyer, Wilf, Grimes, Montero, Roberts.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official Aston Villa v Swansea City FA Cup Third Round Match Thread on 20:43 - Jan 3 with 5683 viewsmajorraglan

The Official Aston Villa v Swansea City FA Cup Third Round Match Thread on 18:48 - Jan 3 by Loyal

C. Nordvelt
D.John. C.C Vickers. M.VDH. C. Harris
D.James. C.Fulton J.Dhanda. W. Routledge
B.Cellina
C. B Richardson

Subs : Dyer, Wilf, Grimes, Montero, Roberts.

Western Mail reporting Jeff, Mc Burnie and Bony missed train g today because of a sickness bug.
The Official Aston Villa v Swansea City FA Cup Third Round Match Thread on 22:03 - Jan 3 with 5587 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Aston Villa v Swansea City FA Cup Third Round Match Thread on 16:41 - Jan 3 by jasper_T

Wilf is out with a snapped trouser zip, and Jeff has a slight strain to a ligament in his left ear lobe, both should be well enough to attend the end of season players party.

OllIe was accidently run over by the team bus after the Reading game, but will definitely be fit for our next league game.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official Aston Villa v Swansea City FA Cup Third Round Match Thread on 23:14 - Jan 3 with 5524 viewsTNT

This will be our 5th game in 14 days.

Good luck to Graham Potter and the players.

Jack Army!

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Official Aston Villa v Swansea City FA Cup Third Round Match Thread on 00:02 - Jan 4 with 5471 viewsLoyal

The Official Aston Villa v Swansea City FA Cup Third Round Match Thread on 20:43 - Jan 3 by majorraglan

Western Mail reporting Jeff, Mc Burnie and Bony missed train g today because of a sickness bug.

Stick them on the bench, bit of fresh air.
I would think if anyone is daft enough to sign Bony he will be omitted.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official Aston Villa v Swansea City FA Cup Third Round Match Thread on 13:26 - Jan 4 with 5125 viewsThrasher6

The Official Aston Villa v Swansea City FA Cup Third Round Match Thread on 22:03 - Jan 3 by Flashberryjack

Wilf is out with a snapped trouser zip, and Jeff has a slight strain to a ligament in his left ear lobe, both should be well enough to attend the end of season players party.

OllIe was accidently run over by the team bus after the Reading game, but will definitely be fit for our next league game.

I doff my hat.....
[Post edited 4 Jan 2019 13:27]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

The Official Aston Villa v Swansea City FA Cup Third Round Match Thread on 18:30 - Jan 4 with 4892 viewsBadlands

The Official Aston Villa v Swansea City FA Cup Third Round Match Thread on 20:43 - Jan 3 by majorraglan

Need to check the families at Fairwood - sounds like the bug that laid Hoorn low.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Aston Villa v Swansea City FA Cup Third Round Match Thread on 20:34 - Jan 4 with 4767 viewsstAteSwan

The Official Aston Villa v Swansea City FA Cup Third Round Match Thread on 13:10 - Jan 3 by jackharris

BlackPOOL (fans boycott of their allegedly dodgy owners)

That's my fault. My computer autocorrected it from Blackpool to Blackwood. Apparently, it does not consider Blackpool to be a word.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024