Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Defoe on loan - Anyone? 13:36 - Jan 2 with 2221 viewsUplandsJack

Just reading on ssn that Defoe looking for move due to wanting more game time. Anyone think it may be worth a punt on him, possibly on loan?
Certainly could be a useful addition up front for us in my humble opinion, especially if we can offload Bony.
Anyway thoughts please......
Defoe on loan - Anyone? on 13:47 - Jan 2 with 2172 viewsjasper_T

Very pricey for a "useful addition".

If he wants more games would he be happy behind McBurnie? Wouldn't want to see us try to accommodate both of them in the same team.
Defoe on loan - Anyone? on 13:49 - Jan 2 with 2161 viewsCooperman

Allegedly on £100k per week which is about £80k too much for us even if Bony does move on.

I don’t doubt his ability to perform in the Champiinship though.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Defoe on loan - Anyone? on 13:59 - Jan 2 with 2112 viewsUplandsJack

Yeah I agree on the wage issue, but maybe B'mouth might just be as stupid as we are 're Turkish /Spanish clubs that take our players on loan??

Ok Back to reality, I know is highly unlikely to happen, but a big shame, as I really think he could do an amazing job for us. I think a player like him would score a shed load of goals with our style...
Defoe on loan - Anyone? on 14:01 - Jan 2 with 2106 viewsLoyal

Defoe on loan - Anyone? on 13:47 - Jan 2 by jasper_T

Very pricey for a "useful addition".

If he wants more games would he be happy behind McBurnie? Wouldn't want to see us try to accommodate both of them in the same team.

No from me. And from the board, way above their eyeline.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Defoe on loan - Anyone? on 14:02 - Jan 2 with 2094 viewsswancity

Defoe on loan - Anyone? on 13:59 - Jan 2 by UplandsJack

Yeah I agree on the wage issue, but maybe B'mouth might just be as stupid as we are 're Turkish /Spanish clubs that take our players on loan??

Ok Back to reality, I know is highly unlikely to happen, but a big shame, as I really think he could do an amazing job for us. I think a player like him would score a shed load of goals with our style...

Not now. Lost that yard of pace. Two years ago may be but def not now. Please god no.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Defoe on loan - Anyone? on 14:15 - Jan 2 with 2044 viewsairedale

Him and Bony would bond imo. Going down the Post Office together on a Thursday to pick up their pension. And after then, a quick visit to the Labour Club in Wind street for a Mackeson and a game of doms.
Defoe on loan - Anyone? on 14:18 - Jan 2 with 2021 viewsomarjack

Defoenitely no.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Defoe on loan - Anyone? on 14:59 - Jan 2 with 1914 viewsSwansea93

It said that Premier League and Championship sides want him, so can imagine Villa,Boro,Stoke are probably the Championship sides after him.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Login to get fewer ads

Defoe on loan - Anyone? on 15:01 - Jan 2 with 1910 viewsbuilthjack

No

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Defoe on loan - Anyone? on 17:35 - Jan 2 with 1676 viewsDewi1jack

Defoe on loan - Anyone? on 15:01 - Jan 2 by builthjack

No

He may show up with the other subs at half time for you

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Defoe on loan - Anyone? on 17:38 - Jan 2 with 1661 viewsJackfath

Defoe on loan - Anyone? on 17:35 - Jan 2 by Dewi1jack

He may show up with the other subs at half time for you

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Defoe on loan - Anyone? on 17:56 - Jan 2 with 1608 viewsElmo

Defoe on loan - Anyone? on 14:01 - Jan 2 by Loyal

No from me. And from the board, way above their eyeline.

Concur.

Especially considering the excellent points you made re the way in which GP is shaping and nurturing the young guns' developmental environment.

Despite Defoe's talent Its all a bit counter-cultural right now.
Defoe on loan - Anyone? on 18:00 - Jan 2 with 1591 viewsZaxx

No.
Remember him playing down the Vetch when he was with the Cherries. Looked a cut above to be fair but he was just a kid back then.
Too expensive and doesn't fit our model.
Defoe on loan - Anyone? on 18:45 - Jan 2 with 1475 viewsmajorraglan

Defoe on loan - Anyone? on 17:56 - Jan 2 by Elmo

Concur.

Especially considering the excellent points you made re the way in which GP is shaping and nurturing the young guns' developmental environment.

Despite Defoe's talent Its all a bit counter-cultural right now.

I think he would do a good job in the Championship and would get goals because there is a big gap between the PL and Championship as evidenced by Angel Rangel performing very well at QPR. That’s said, he wouldn’t fit the profile of young and cheap and fit in with the restructuring that has taken place. If the club were 3rd and pushing for an auto spot and needed a goal scorer then maybe they would push the boat out, but mid table it’s not going to happen
Defoe on loan - Anyone? on 19:02 - Jan 2 with 1426 viewsdickythorpe

Go for it. He knows where the net is and would be a good influence.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024