Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Aston Villa Pubs 13:56 - Jan 3 with 4423 viewsTaliesin

Are there any good watering holes that accept away fans?
Aston Villa Pubs on 14:02 - Jan 3 with 4410 viewspencoedjack

If you are travelling by coach or minibus I would highly recommend the Stores in Oldbury

https://whatpub.com/pubs/DUD/4266/stores-oldbury
Aston Villa Pubs on 14:56 - Jan 3 with 4369 viewsLandore_Jack

The Arthur Robertson is a good pub which is a Wetherspoon.

#backtojack

Aston Villa Pubs on 15:19 - Jan 3 with 4334 viewsjackharris

Villa Park means one place for me - The Witton Arms, the pub has a specific section for Away fans and is not far from the ground (see picture). It usually costs about £2 to get in to cover the cost of the security, etc. The home fans are kept separate from the Away fans. The Away fans are usually concentrated in the big marquee at the back of the pub. There is a bar in the Marquee and there are Burgers for sale from a food outlet.. There is also access to part of the pub.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2019 17:02]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Aston Villa Pubs on 16:30 - Jan 3 with 4259 viewsalltjack

The Whitton Arms charged us £ 2 to get in for this seasons game but ran out of beer quite early on.Guinness or nothing
Aston Villa Pubs on 17:03 - Jan 3 with 4219 viewsFireboy2

If you are going by train the wellington on bennetts hill about 5 mins walk from new st,its a cracking old real ale pub

If you want food theres a wetherspoons called the briar rose a few doors down from the welly
Aston Villa Pubs on 18:48 - Jan 3 with 4115 viewscontroversial_jack

It's not a very god venue for pubs, especially not close to the ground, and they don't serve beer in the ground.The view is crap too.I don't like the trip at all
Aston Villa Pubs on 18:52 - Jan 3 with 4103 viewsLoyal

Aston Villa Pubs on 18:48 - Jan 3 by controversial_jack

It's not a very god venue for pubs, especially not close to the ground, and they don't serve beer in the ground.The view is crap too.I don't like the trip at all

My favourite trip.
Sadly I'm back at work.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Aston Villa Pubs on 21:58 - Jan 3 with 3983 viewsOldjack

Aston Villa Pubs on 15:19 - Jan 3 by jackharris

Villa Park means one place for me - The Witton Arms, the pub has a specific section for Away fans and is not far from the ground (see picture). It usually costs about £2 to get in to cover the cost of the security, etc. The home fans are kept separate from the Away fans. The Away fans are usually concentrated in the big marquee at the back of the pub. There is a bar in the Marquee and there are Burgers for sale from a food outlet.. There is also access to part of the pub.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2019 17:02]

Been there and it will be full of JB!

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Login to get fewer ads

Aston Villa Pubs on 22:50 - Jan 3 with 3924 viewsstreetlyjack

I live locally in Sutton Coldfield so would recommend getting off the M5 using the M6 south exit, leave M6 J7 (stay left off the M5 in slip lane) and take the A34 first exit down towards Birmingham, there aee a few pubs on the A34 Just a few miles away from the ground as you drive in. The Bartons Arms is a good one for some food and a pint. there are bars at Star City that are away friendly and you can leave yiur car there also.
Aston Villa Pubs on 00:08 - Jan 4 with 3874 viewsLoyal

Whitton, kebab, ground. Done.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Aston Villa Pubs on 13:25 - Jan 4 with 3648 viewsTaliesin

Thanks lads. I'm arriving at Aston Station so a 20 min walk to the Witton Arms I think.

Loyal's suggestion sounds spot on - I presume there are plenty of kebeb houses in the area.

Safe to wear colours around the area or is it best to be in mufti?
Aston Villa Pubs on 15:01 - Jan 4 with 3582 viewsLoyal

Aston Villa Pubs on 13:25 - Jan 4 by Taliesin

Thanks lads. I'm arriving at Aston Station so a 20 min walk to the Witton Arms I think.

Loyal's suggestion sounds spot on - I presume there are plenty of kebeb houses in the area.

Your a jack mun !
Yes it's no bother, they don't like us much and there have been some silly business in recent years, but they do get pissed off that we take so many there.
Whitton is fine, all jacks mostly. Kebab shops everywhere, 100 metres to the ground.
Not sure what the train station is called but it's only two minutes walk away.

Aston Villa Pubs on 15:04 - Jan 4 with 3579 viewsjackharris

Aston Villa Pubs on 13:25 - Jan 4 by Taliesin

Witton Station is one stop on from Aston Station. Much closer to the ground and Witton Arms. Alight there if possible? You can also change at Aston for a train to Witton if you are coming from a northern direction on a branch line, say from the Lichfield direction.

[Post edited 4 Jan 2019 15:10]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024