Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? 13:07 - Jan 6 with 6131 viewswestwalesed

Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 20:14 - Jan 6 with 1583 viewsJackfath

Rissoles would be a great bar snack.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 20:20 - Jan 6 with 1575 viewsCooperman

Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 20:14 - Jan 6 by Jackfath

Rissoles would be a great bar snack.

My mum used to make lamb rissoles out of the Sunday leftovers - minced lamb, mashed potato, onion and some herbs. During my childhood years many Monday night teas were formed of lamb rissoles, beans and chips. Truly delicious.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 21:14 - Jan 6 with 1552 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 20:20 - Jan 6 by Cooperman

My mum used to make lamb rissoles out of the Sunday leftovers - minced lamb, mashed potato, onion and some herbs. During my childhood years many Monday night teas were formed of lamb rissoles, beans and chips. Truly delicious.

That sounds bloody lovely

Can’t beat a good rissole to be fair

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 21:15 - Jan 6 with 1549 viewsoldgrey

Any curry, but with half and half.
Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 21:27 - Jan 6 with 1538 viewsBrynCartwright

Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 20:20 - Jan 6 by Cooperman

Our homemade Monday/Tuesday night rissoles in the 70's were like flat patties rather than the spherical examples you get in chippies nowadays. I just recall they were bleeding delicious. Good spot Coops!

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Which savoury dish is the on 21:32 - Jan 6 with 1532 viewsbuilthjack

Welsh Lamb fagg ots, Pembrokeshire new potatoes, mushy peas, and gravy.
Make sure all your puddings are home made.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 21:41 - Jan 6 with 1523 viewsCooperman

Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 21:14 - Jan 6 by oh_tommy_tommy

That sounds bloody lovely

Can’t beat a good rissole to be fair

Chips from the chip pan as well.

Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 21:44 - Jan 6 with 1519 viewsCooperman

Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 21:27 - Jan 6 by BrynCartwright

Our homemade Monday/Tuesday night rissoles in the 70's were like flat patties rather than the spherical examples you get in chippies nowadays. I just recall they were bleeding delicious. Good spot Coops!

Same with us - patty type. Looked like a fish cake, tasted like a rissole.

Login to get fewer ads

Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 22:05 - Jan 6 with 1504 viewsAguycalledJack

Razor clams with leeks are also pretty good.
Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 22:17 - Jan 6 with 1495 viewslonglostjack

Pork Brawn.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 03:09 - Jan 7 with 1435 viewsmajorraglan

Welsh cakes and Bara Brith for dessert.
Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 13:43 - Jan 7 with 1349 viewswestwalesed

Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 22:05 - Jan 6 by AguycalledJack

Razor clams with leeks are also pretty good.

Good shout that - Razor Clams relatively plentiful in Pembrokehire and could easily "Welsh them up" with leeks etc.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 14:16 - Jan 7 with 1331 viewsNogginthenog

Shoulder of dragon with Leek on a bed of laverbread and cockles.
Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 14:40 - Jan 7 with 1323 viewsAguycalledJack

Crempogs otherwise known as Ffroes are also pretty good when served with proper butter.
Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 14:51 - Jan 7 with 1313 viewsBanosswan

Curry half and half

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Which savoury dish is the on 16:29 - Jan 7 with 1277 viewsLeonWasGod

None of those are bitter enough to be properly welsh.

A chip on each shoulder maybe?

Cawl innit.
Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 16:51 - Jan 7 with 1265 viewsProfessor

Fag gots are common in South Wales and western England. Had them in pubs in Somerset and Glos. They reach as far east as Newbury (butchers there and in Thatcham made them) and as far north as Warwick-which is close to Gloucestershire. Only Brains frozen up here, though as suggested they re-appear as savoury duck in Yorks and the NE
Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 18:44 - Jan 7 with 1228 viewsBrynCartwright

Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 21:44 - Jan 6 by Cooperman

Same with us - patty type. Looked like a fish cake, tasted like a rissole.

As long as they didn't taste like an "r sole"

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 19:02 - Jan 7 with 1214 viewslonglostjack

Limpet Pie

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Which savoury dish is the on 22:08 - Jan 7 with 1177 viewsWxmJax

Which savoury dish is the on 21:32 - Jan 6 by builthjack

Welsh Lamb fagg ots, Pembrokeshire new potatoes, mushy peas, and gravy.
Make sure all your puddings are home made.

This, but with marrowfat peas and it's got to be served in a bowl. Bread to mop up what's left.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 08:41 - Jan 8 with 1130 viewsBloodyhills

Not sure but think 'Half and Half' is a welsh thing. My friends from the rest of the UK have never heard of it.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 19:27 - Jan 8 with 1070 viewslegoman

Curried cockles as a starter as served at the Patti. Marvellous!

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 19:55 - Jan 8 with 1064 viewsBloodyhills

Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 18:44 - Jan 7 by BrynCartwright

As long as they didn't taste like an "r sole"

Talking of which some bloke reckons he found a cat's "r sole" in his TESCO curry.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/02/man-thinks-found-cats-anus-tinned-tesco-curry-830

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 13:47 - Jan 14 with 926 viewsAguycalledJack

Cheese and potato pie. Sitting in carmarthen market eating it. Bloody lovely.
Which savoury dish is the "Welsh-est" in your opinion? on 14:39 - Jan 14 with 917 viewsjacktar

If you want to go for lamb then why not something a bit more special like salt marsh lamb. I'm not sure if you can get that down your way but certainly north Gower salt marsh lamb is highly rated as a speciality. You could get your cockles and laverbread from Penclawdd at the same time.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024