Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First ever LP bought ... 23:40 - Jan 6 with 8437 viewsSwanjaxs

Time to front up :
REO Speedwagon (life as we know it) 87ish 😎

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

First ever LP bought ... on 23:48 - Jan 6 with 3645 viewscimlajack

Electric Warrior.
T.Rex.
First ever LP bought ... on 00:02 - Jan 7 with 3637 viewsLoyal

Sham 69 Tell us theTruth.
Came out in 1977 but being a youngster ...
Bought it in 1983.

Good thread.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

First ever LP bought ... on 00:07 - Jan 7 with 3634 viewsRobbie

Dark cover , Bolan , a guitar and amplifier , absolute classic 33 rpm LP .
Electric Warrior , T. Rex .
[Post edited 7 Jan 2019 0:13]
First ever LP bought ... on 03:02 - Jan 7 with 3586 viewsmajorraglan

The Police, Outlandos D’armour -79/80
[Post edited 7 Jan 2019 10:39]
First ever LP bought ... on 08:44 - Jan 7 with 3525 viewsoldcob

Ray Charles- The Genius Sings the Blues, early 1960's.
First ever LP bought ... on 09:13 - Jan 7 with 3499 viewsnicky

Geoff Love and His Orchestra - Great War Movie Themes.

Still got it and still play it.
First ever LP bought ... on 09:14 - Jan 7 with 3497 viewstaffpunk

Slade-Sladest, 1973 bought from Mals Record Shop in Tonypandy.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

First ever LP bought ... on 09:19 - Jan 7 with 3492 views1983

UB40 signing off
Circa 1980

Login to get fewer ads

First ever LP bought ... on 09:21 - Jan 7 with 3487 viewscostalotta

First ever LP bought ... on 00:02 - Jan 7 by Loyal

Sham 69 Tell us theTruth.
Came out in 1977 but being a youngster ...
Bought it in 1983.

Good thread.

First LPs I bought out of saved pocket money was That’s Life by Sham 69 and Replicas by Tubeway Army around 1979.

The last record I bought was Kurt Vile - Bottle It In.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2019 9:24]
First ever LP bought ... on 09:28 - Jan 7 with 3472 viewsdna

Teaser & The Firecat - Cat Stevens
First ever LP bought ... on 09:42 - Jan 7 with 3460 viewsicecoldjack

Status Quo 12 gold bars and Number of the beast by Iron Maiden, the latter being an absolute classic .
First ever LP bought ... on 10:32 - Jan 7 with 3429 viewsGreatBritton

I can't join in this thread because I bought The Shadows' Greatest Hits before I wised up and started buying Ray Charles and Howlin' Wolf and stuff
First ever LP bought ... on 10:38 - Jan 7 with 3418 viewsDarran

I bought two on the same day from Derricks in Port Talbot,Sladest by Slade and Tanx by T. Rex.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

First ever LP bought ... on 10:40 - Jan 7 with 3410 viewspikeypaul

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

First ever LP bought ... on 10:47 - Jan 7 with 3404 viewsJackfath

Musical Youth - The Youth of Today.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

First ever LP bought ... on 11:43 - Jan 7 with 3358 viewsShaky

Believe it was:

Dr Feelgood - Stupidity

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

First ever LP bought ... on 11:57 - Jan 7 with 3358 viewsProfessor

Had a few LPs bought for me as gifts (Police, Toto, various soundtracks to films). The first I handed over the cash for was The Police 'Synchronicity' in 1983. Within a year most spare cash went on music from electronic pop (New Order, Human League, Ultravox and Howard Jones) to guitar-led alternative (Joy Division, The Cure, Echo and the Bunnymen, the Smiths). Last thing I bought physically was a Kitchens of Distinction box set. All streaming these days.
First ever LP bought ... on 11:59 - Jan 7 with 3356 viewsProfessor

I was quite into REM by the time I went to University in 1986. Everyone thought I meant REO Speedwagon though
First ever LP bought ... on 12:05 - Jan 7 with 3349 viewstaffpunk

First ever LP bought ... on 10:40 - Jan 7 by pikeypaul

Sorry, record shop geekiness creeping in! That was a single I think, not an LP.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

First ever LP bought ... on 12:21 - Jan 7 with 3337 viewstheloneranger

The Velvet Underground & Nico ... Velvet Underground 1967

The first one I bought with my own money ... Had a few lp's bought as presents before this.

Reading this thread, I remembered you could buy 3 singles for £1 ... 6s 8d each in 1967 (approx)
[Post edited 7 Jan 2019 13:42]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

First ever LP bought ... on 12:23 - Jan 7 with 3335 viewskrunchykarrot

Crime of the century - Supertramp. Saw them in the Brangwyn, if my memory serves me right Joan Armatrading was the support.
First ever LP bought ... on 12:29 - Jan 7 with 3319 viewsjack2jack

ELO - Out of the Blue 1977, some great tunes, remember playing it to death on the old turntable.
First ever LP bought ... on 13:08 - Jan 7 with 3286 viewsLohengrin

First ever LP bought ... on 09:14 - Jan 7 by taffpunk

Slade-Sladest, 1973 bought from Mals Record Shop in Tonypandy.

I can tell you exactly what, where and when - Elvis: The Sun Collection from Woolworth, Thursday 1st July, 1976. The faded receipt is still tucked in the sleeve.

My Mother had a few of the staid, MOR film soundtracks knocking around the house which didn’t and don’t do much for me but then I heard Emperor Rosko playing a few tracks from the Sun sessions and raving about this album the back-room bods at RCA had curated from the tape masters Sam Phillips had handed over as part of Presley’s contract sale, trying to cash in on the ‘70s Rockabilly revival.

When you listen to this album, or any of the obscure Rockabilly 78s or 45s circa 1954-56 it’s easy to draw a direct line between that and the punk explosion of the mid-70s that comprise the heart of your collection, mate. The inspiration is out there in the open - the raw wildness, the primitive recording techniques, the whole DIY feel that had thousands of teenage boys thinking ‘I could do that.’

Seminal...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

First ever LP bought ... on 13:23 - Jan 7 with 3260 viewstaffpunk

First ever LP bought ... on 13:08 - Jan 7 by Lohengrin

I can tell you exactly what, where and when - Elvis: The Sun Collection from Woolworth, Thursday 1st July, 1976. The faded receipt is still tucked in the sleeve.

My Mother had a few of the staid, MOR film soundtracks knocking around the house which didn’t and don’t do much for me but then I heard Emperor Rosko playing a few tracks from the Sun sessions and raving about this album the back-room bods at RCA had curated from the tape masters Sam Phillips had handed over as part of Presley’s contract sale, trying to cash in on the ‘70s Rockabilly revival.

When you listen to this album, or any of the obscure Rockabilly 78s or 45s circa 1954-56 it’s easy to draw a direct line between that and the punk explosion of the mid-70s that comprise the heart of your collection, mate. The inspiration is out there in the open - the raw wildness, the primitive recording techniques, the whole DIY feel that had thousands of teenage boys thinking ‘I could do that.’

Seminal...

Great post, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

First ever LP bought ... on 13:30 - Jan 7 with 3242 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Santana Abraxas 1972.

[Post edited 7 Jan 2019 17:41]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024