Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First ever LP bought ... 23:40 - Jan 6 with 8584 viewsSwanjaxs

Time to front up :
REO Speedwagon (life as we know it) 87ish 😎

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

First ever LP bought ... on 13:55 - Jan 7 with 1542 viewsSPboy

The Clash - 1977 - seeing them perform live was a life changing experience too
First ever LP bought ... on 14:08 - Jan 7 with 1526 viewssherpajacob

Queen : The Game
Had been given a few records as presents previously. BA Robertson : knocked it off, one I particularly remember, but The Game was the first LP I bought with my own money, before I'd even bought any singles, (The First single I bought was Flash). Bought The Game in Germany whilst we were on holiday visiting friends Christmas new year 1980/81

I remember the mini world cup was on and watching the matches with our German friends, the tournament had no coverage, and is remembered by virtually no one in the UK as England declined to take part. I remember it as being brilliant, but maybe that's just me

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1980_Mundialito

I put The game album and Flash single on one side of a C90 and Down to Earth and I surrender by Rainbow on the other, possibly the greatest and certainly the most listened to C90 of all time.

"Need your loving tonight" is still one of my favourite Queen songs, even though its one of their least known.

[Post edited 7 Jan 2019 14:15]

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

First ever LP bought ... on 14:14 - Jan 7 with 1510 viewsPegojack

First ever LP bought ... on 10:38 - Jan 7 by Darran

I bought two on the same day from Derricks in Port Talbot,Sladest by Slade and Tanx by T. Rex.

Derricks, Port Talbot took my album virginity too, so to speak. Best of Cream on Polydor, 1969.
First ever LP bought ... on 14:16 - Jan 7 with 1506 viewsTreforys_Jack

Sailor - The Third Step, on cassette from an obscure shop , sure it was like an iron mongers or something in killay precaint 1976. 1st vinyl was either the Skids, or the Elvis silver anniversary box set. Cost me 2 weeks wages from music aquarium in the market.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2019 14:18]
First ever LP bought ... on 14:45 - Jan 7 with 1482 viewssherpajacob

First ever LP bought ... on 14:16 - Jan 7 by Treforys_Jack

Sailor - The Third Step, on cassette from an obscure shop , sure it was like an iron mongers or something in killay precaint 1976. 1st vinyl was either the Skids, or the Elvis silver anniversary box set. Cost me 2 weeks wages from music aquarium in the market.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2019 14:18]

Upstairs in Uplands bookshop was a place of magical wonder, picture discs adorning the walls. All out of my price range, but it didn't stop me going in to look at them on a regular basis.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

First ever LP bought ... on 15:16 - Jan 7 with 1464 viewsGeoffThom

First album was electric warrior, first bought was hunky dory bowie
First ever LP bought ... on 15:27 - Jan 7 with 1455 viewsepaul

Blondie Parallel Lines, what a superb album

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

First ever LP bought ... on 15:37 - Jan 7 with 1446 viewssainthelens

Never mind the bollox....sex pistols.
Login to get fewer ads

First ever LP bought ... on 15:47 - Jan 7 with 1437 viewsalltjack

Derricks Port Talbot for me to .Slade Alive and Master Of Reality Black Sabbath 1972
First ever LP bought ... on 16:16 - Jan 7 with 1409 viewscontroversial_jack

Paranoid!
First ever LP bought ... on 17:00 - Jan 7 with 1380 viewsGowerjack

KillerJoe - Little Jimmy Osmond

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

First ever LP bought ... on 17:07 - Jan 7 with 1373 viewsEbo

Either a Marc Bolan LP or Bowie's ZIggy Stardust out of my own dough from Woolworths. 1st album received as a gift was probably a ferking Wombles or Top of the Pops album (the ones with dodgy looking girls with pert norks on the cover).

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

First ever LP bought ... on 17:42 - Jan 7 with 1351 viewsWhiterockin

Sgt Pepper's, 13 at the time, loved the album but didn't really understand what it was about.
First ever LP bought ... on 17:49 - Jan 7 with 1343 viewstaffpunk

First ever LP bought ... on 13:55 - Jan 7 by SPboy

The Clash - 1977 - seeing them perform live was a life changing experience too

Awesome LP, where did you see them live? I saw them three times, in 77, 78 and 80, twice they were wonderful, the third time-London Calling tour- it wasn't for me.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

First ever LP bought ... on 18:05 - Jan 7 with 1324 viewsHighjack

For the benefit of readers under the age of 60 a LP is a sort of disk about the size of a frisbee that plays music when you scratch it. For those under thirty a frisbee is a round plastic thing you throw for someone or your dog to catch.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

First ever LP bought ... on 18:06 - Jan 7 with 1324 viewslegoman

Ha ha, good thread indeed! Amazed so many have said Electric Warrior as that was mine too. Think I got it in W H Smith. I was also at the Supertramp gig and remember my first ever gig was at the Brangwyn - Mott the Hoople supported by Queen.

Derricks in Swansea was a favourite haunt. Didn't realise there was a Derricks in PT. It was also the place to get concert tickets and I remember asking my dad to get me Deep Purple tickets for their Brangwyn gig too in his lunch break.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2019 18:07]

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

First ever LP bought ... on 18:33 - Jan 7 with 1297 viewsMuteswan

I bought two together, Let it Bleed - Rolling Stones and To Our Children’s Children’s Children -The Moody Blues. Early 1970 I think. Gimme Shelter is still one of my favourite tracks. There’s nothing quite like holding the album and reading the sleeve notes and sometimes getting posters and stuff inside. The Who Live at Leeds being a great example of bits and pieces inside.Simple things for simple minds. 🙄
First ever LP bought ... on 18:35 - Jan 7 with 1293 viewsDarran

First ever LP bought ... on 18:06 - Jan 7 by legoman

Ha ha, good thread indeed! Amazed so many have said Electric Warrior as that was mine too. Think I got it in W H Smith. I was also at the Supertramp gig and remember my first ever gig was at the Brangwyn - Mott the Hoople supported by Queen.

Derricks in Swansea was a favourite haunt. Didn't realise there was a Derricks in PT. It was also the place to get concert tickets and I remember asking my dad to get me Deep Purple tickets for their Brangwyn gig too in his lunch break.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2019 18:07]

Derricks in Port Talbot was the main shop.
We went in there nearly every lunch time when we were in school across the road.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

First ever LP bought ... on 18:38 - Jan 7 with 1290 viewsJackfath

I should have made up and pretended I'd bought some "classic" album like everyone else. What a bunch of pretentious musos we are!

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

First ever LP bought ... on 18:42 - Jan 7 with 1276 viewsMuteswan

First ever LP bought ... on 18:38 - Jan 7 by Jackfath

I should have made up and pretended I'd bought some "classic" album like everyone else. What a bunch of pretentious musos we are!

Everyone else?
First ever LP bought ... on 18:45 - Jan 7 with 1261 viewsJackfath

Perhaps there's some romanticism going on?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

First ever LP bought ... on 18:45 - Jan 7 with 1260 viewsDarran

First ever LP bought ... on 18:38 - Jan 7 by Jackfath

It could be worse Fath you could be The Gower Jack. lol

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

First ever LP bought ... on 18:47 - Jan 7 with 1257 viewsJackfath

First ever LP bought ... on 18:45 - Jan 7 by Darran

It could be worse Fath you could be The Gower Jack. lol

Goodness me.

First ever LP bought ... on 18:53 - Jan 7 with 1245 viewsMuteswan

First ever LP bought ... on 18:45 - Jan 7 by Jackfath

Perhaps there's some romanticism going on?

Maybe, but not from me.👍 I’ve no doubt people had LP’s before the first one they actually BOUGHT, but to go out and spend your hard earned, you surely choose the big album of the time. Only my opinion.
First ever LP bought ... on 18:55 - Jan 7 with 1242 viewsBrynCartwright

At 12 bought my first LP on tape in Swansea Woolies in late 82. It was Thiller by Michael Jackson. Not the trendiest perhaps these days, but a classic nevertheless. I felt the complete Billy Bollox buying it and all!

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024