Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hymns and Arias during huddle over tannoy 15:48 - Jan 7 with 2172 viewsandrew

Miss it or not?

For me it was the best loudest and most organised time it was ever sang at the Liberty.
(Bar the exception against Forrest)
[Post edited 7 Jan 2019 15:49]

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Hymns and Arias during huddle over tannoy on 16:00 - Jan 7 with 2127 viewsjasonbromham

Not at all. Absolutley cringeworthy hearing that over the tannoy!
Hymns and Arias during huddle over tannoy on 16:01 - Jan 7 with 2123 viewsAguycalledJack

I think the problem is that more recently all it was, was tannoy music.nobody really joined in.
Hymns and Arias during huddle over tannoy on 17:02 - Jan 7 with 2016 viewsTenbySwan

Perhaps it's got something to do with going old but the tannoy music at the Liberty is dreadful.
They play God knows what right up until the kick off whistle.

The best I remember is years ago due to fan pressure they played nothing last 5/10 minutes before ko and let the fans make the noise.

Other than that when we played Cardiff a few years ago they played The Lion Sings tonight, (In the channel...)

It should be that, cheer up Sleepy Gene, or The Swansea City song as we come out and then nothing?
Hymns and Arias during huddle over tannoy on 17:32 - Jan 7 with 1934 viewspencoedjack

Hymns and Arias during huddle over tannoy on 17:02 - Jan 7 by TenbySwan

Perhaps it's got something to do with going old but the tannoy music at the Liberty is dreadful.
They play God knows what right up until the kick off whistle.

The best I remember is years ago due to fan pressure they played nothing last 5/10 minutes before ko and let the fans make the noise.

Other than that when we played Cardiff a few years ago they played The Lion Sings tonight, (In the channel...)

It should be that, cheer up Sleepy Gene, or The Swansea City song as we come out and then nothing?

White Riot, Shirley?

As for Hymns & Arias through the tannoy a definite no.
Hymns and Arias during huddle over tannoy on 17:34 - Jan 7 with 1931 viewsshandyjack

the PA guy doesn't half play some crap music. Also bugs me it's still playing sometimes when players kick off for second half.

Poll: Expectation for the season

Hymns and Arias during huddle over tannoy on 18:30 - Jan 7 with 1844 viewsJackfath

Do you mean PA System? Tannoy is a brand of speakers and maker of said systems.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Hymns and Arias during huddle over tannoy on 19:00 - Jan 7 with 1782 viewsBrynCartwright

Could someone please remind me why the sheer shiteness of the Liberty PA system has not been rectified? I literally could not decipher one word of what Dave Johns was trying to say at half-time last time I was there.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Hymns and Arias during huddle over tannoy on 19:00 - Jan 7 with 1781 viewsbuilthjack

Hymns and Arias during huddle over tannoy on 17:34 - Jan 7 by shandyjack

the PA guy doesn't half play some crap music. Also bugs me it's still playing sometimes when players kick off for second half.

he plays crap stuff yes, and ridiculously loud. Should be made to turn it off at least 5 minutes before the start. Nobody sings as they cant hear themselves.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Hymns and Arias during huddle over tannoy on 19:01 - Jan 7 with 1773 viewsTenbySwan

Hymns and Arias during huddle over tannoy on 18:30 - Jan 7 by Jackfath

Do you mean PA System? Tannoy is a brand of speakers and maker of said systems.

Yes 😊
Hymns and Arias during huddle over tannoy on 19:02 - Jan 7 with 1770 viewsSwansea93

I wish we'd all still sing it when they players are in the huddle, that season when Clement kept us up I think the whole stadium sang it and it was a goosebump moment.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Hymns and Arias during huddle over tannoy on 19:13 - Jan 7 with 1752 viewsbuilthjack

Hymns and Arias during huddle over tannoy on 19:02 - Jan 7 by Swansea93

I wish we'd all still sing it when they players are in the huddle, that season when Clement kept us up I think the whole stadium sang it and it was a goosebump moment.

The tannoy is so loud nobody would hear us.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Hymns and Arias during huddle over tannoy on 19:52 - Jan 7 with 1690 viewsairedale

Hymns and Arias during huddle over tannoy on 19:13 - Jan 7 by builthjack

Bet it’s not as loud as when my Mrs is vacuuming our carpets.
Hymns and Arias during huddle over tannoy on 21:09 - Jan 7 with 1604 viewsJonathans_coat

Hymns and Arias during huddle over tannoy on 19:00 - Jan 7 by builthjack

he plays crap stuff yes, and ridiculously loud. Should be made to turn it off at least 5 minutes before the start. Nobody sings as they cant hear themselves.

Quite.

Loud music over the PA, just drowns out any fans, and prevents any “atmosphere” being created.

And who can forget the time they played it during a gameto drown out a protest chant, pre-planned by a fans group for the 29th minute, to represent the 29 “investors”. That was cynical and shameful.
Hymns and Arias during huddle over tannoy on 23:06 - Jan 7 with 1469 viewsTNT

A Cardiff fan once told me he had that 'goosebump moment' when he heard us sing it at away games, all around the country, during our first season in the PL. Fair play to the guy, he didn't have to admit that, but by fk, we must've been good!

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Hymns and Arias during huddle over tannoy on 23:12 - Jan 7 with 1453 viewsandrew

Hymns and Arias during huddle over tannoy on 19:13 - Jan 7 by builthjack

You dont sit in the north east corner then. I only know the team sheet by looking at the screen, cannot hear a single thing he says.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2019 23:12]

Hymns and Arias during huddle over tannoy on 23:13 - Jan 7 with 1449 viewsandrew

Because it was played over the PA. always though it being played made it louder and everyone in sync.

Hymns and Arias during huddle over tannoy on 23:19 - Jan 7 with 1440 viewsandrew

4:10 onwards, that’s what I mean, doesn’t happen anymore nothing like it because it doesn’t get played.

Hymns and Arias during huddle over tannoy on 11:16 - Jan 8 with 1282 viewswestside

wish they would stop announcing the attendance over tannoy
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024