Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Long haul holiday ideas 20:32 - Jan 7 with 10839 viewscackinthesackjack

The mrs has got a milestone birthday coming up and we'd like to go on holiday. Looking for a mix of wildlife, a bit of adventure and relaxation. Any sensible suggestions for me peeps?

Poll: To replace or not to replace Garry Monk?

Long haul holiday ideas on 20:41 - Jan 7 with 10003 viewsProfessor

South Africa- Cape Town is a great place with lots to see and do. Private tours of the wine country and the cape, Boulder’s Beach etc are reasonable and could couple with the Garden Route and a Safari
Long haul holiday ideas on 20:43 - Jan 7 with 9998 viewsJon76

Could go to Mexico where there is plenty of sites to take in and explore, plus relax on the beach or go snorkelling around the reefs to see all the wonderful fish or turtles in their natural habitat. Or there is Florida, go out on the airboats and see all the gators and birds in the Everglades (if your of a certain age you can pretend you’re in gentle Ben on the airboat) best day out ever, then go down to the keys and relax on the beach’s there and explore the natural beauty down there. Of course you can visit the theme parks as well if you fancy
Long haul holiday ideas on 20:44 - Jan 7 with 9987 viewsLoyal

Sri Lanka, lovely stuff.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Long haul holiday ideas on 20:53 - Jan 7 with 9970 viewscsf

Nepal, Kathmandu a bustling city with stunning surroundings
Long haul holiday ideas on 21:02 - Jan 7 with 9945 viewsmarchamjack

Costa Rica - wildlife literally everywhere. Monkey walked into a bar ahead of me (not a joke line opening it really did!), massive lizards, snakes round the pool, sea teeming with life. Rainforest on the doorstep with even more wildlife and loads of adventure sport opportunities (we did rapids/ amazing zips) best surfing on the Pacific Coast

People the most friendly. Pretty much zero crime rate. Most affluent Central American country. English widely spoken.

Go and experience the Pura Vida! Your Mrs and you will love it 👍

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Long haul holiday ideas on 21:17 - Jan 7 with 9917 viewsdickythorpe

France
Long haul holiday ideas on 21:25 - Jan 7 with 9900 viewsexhmrc1

Australia could organise a couple of weeks in different cities with the outback taken in. Fly to Perth for a few days then across to Melbourne and Sydney
https://www.aatkings.com/holiday-options/day-tours/
Long haul holiday ideas on 21:57 - Jan 7 with 9839 viewsstevethejack

Last year, me & Mrs did New Zealand for 6 weeks. Combination of hotels, hostels and apartments. Hostels are really nice, and with private rooms, just like hotels. Check out https://www.oldslaughterhouse.co.nz/ Absolutely stunning.

North to South and West to East, all in all, just short of £10K, decent for 6 weeks, all expenses and spending money.

Lovely place, lovely scenery and lovely people
Login to get fewer ads

Long haul holiday ideas on 22:05 - Jan 7 with 9815 viewssherpajacob

Long journey, adventure, wildlife!

Rhyl?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Long haul holiday ideas on 22:05 - Jan 7 with 9813 viewsSwanzay

Long haul holiday ideas on 20:41 - Jan 7 by Professor

South Africa- Cape Town is a great place with lots to see and do. Private tours of the wine country and the cape, Boulder’s Beach etc are reasonable and could couple with the Garden Route and a Safari

South Africa is superb, was lucky enough to visit Cape Town, along to Port Elizabeth, Durban and Jo'berg. The garden route in my personal opinion wasn't that impressive. But the Safaris are breath taking, Animals wild and free as they should be!
Also did Botswana and Zambia, now that is real poverty.
For scenery New Zealand is spectacular had the privilege of exploring there for 6 weeks.
Although I think my favourite place to visit is Australia, so much to see and do, you are spoilt for choice!
Would love to visit Thailand, Japan and China too one day.
America is great, NY, Washington etc, but LA is a shite hole, nothing likes its portrayed on TV...
Long haul holiday ideas on 22:34 - Jan 7 with 9767 viewssainthelens

Did Barbados last summer , total luxury...you won't go wrong .
Long haul holiday ideas on 23:21 - Jan 7 with 9714 viewsbuilthjack

Llangorse Lake / Elan Valley combo

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Long haul holiday ideas on 00:06 - Jan 8 with 9687 viewsPacemaker

Currently in New Zealand and I have visited bi annually for about 13 years to see family, brilliant place to see Pacific island type beaches at the top of the north island to superb alpine scenery throughout the South Island. I love doing the high adrenaline stuff here such as bungy jumping, jet skis etc. Food is fantastic as is the wine, a good spread of wildlife and obviously creatures you will not see anywhere else. People are very friendly and I have found NZ very safe. Downside not cheap at peak season and it is a very long flight. Could stop over in Singapore or Hong Kong both super cities with a lot to see and do.

I am also a fan of South Africa and again as someone else has posted above fantastic scenery the safari parks are superb, very cheap, food and drinks are top notch, stayed in all the big cities and obviously there is a reputation for crime in SA but I never felt unsafe, your hosts at hotels, restaurants etc are very anxious that no harm comes to you but there is a massive g between the haves and have nots so it can feel very uncomfortable living the high life whilst others are struggling in squatter towns. Flights are over night and no jet lag so that’s a big win. All the people I met on SA were superb, very friendly and wanting to sell a positive image of SA.

Done Barbados etc nice places but not for me just being on the beach.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Long haul holiday ideas on 00:11 - Jan 8 with 9685 viewsCooperman

South Africa without a doubt. Here’s a quick three step itinerary:

1. Fly to Joburg and take safari from there (nature)
2. Internal flight to Cape Town and stay at one of the winery’s. Molenvliet is absolute pukka (relaxation).
3. Finished off with an extra long weekend in Camps Bay from where you can take in the city, the coast and Table Mountain (adventure).

How’s that for satisfying your requirements?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Long haul holiday ideas on 04:27 - Jan 8 with 9619 viewsmajorraglan

Some really good suggestions here, Oz and NZ are good options and quite a few have suggested South Africa. Somewhere else you could consider is Malaysia, it’s a great country to visit. There’s plenty of beaches, top top diving, you can visit the orang-utans in Borneo and Kuala Lumpur and Singapore are great places to visit.
Long haul holiday ideas on 05:13 - Jan 8 with 9615 viewswobbly

Cooperman has nailed this.
Long haul holiday ideas on 06:16 - Jan 8 with 9598 views1983

South Africa!!!

Cape Town 2-3days..Table mountain,cape of good hope..etc Cape Town is not a massive place.

Then hire car 10 days across to Port Elizabeth and back taking in -

Mosel Bay (sleep on a old converted train literally on the beach)
Knysna (amazing sea food restaurants)
Pletenburg Bay (swim with seals in the sea they stink! and shark diving)
Storms River (bungee jump off a bridge)
Port Elizabeth (Safari)
Oudtshoorn (Ostrich farms ride an ostrich!!)
Visit Ronnie's (famous sex shop in the middle of a desert)

Then back to Cape Town,watch rugby at the stadium, visit Robben Island, visit apartheid museum.

We done 2,000 Kilometres in the car

Long haul holiday ideas on 06:52 - Jan 8 with 9573 viewsJohnw102

Do the Rockie Mountain Railway in Canada. Fantastic 2/3 day rail trip loads of wildlife seen from observation coaches. https://www.rockymountaineer.com/

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Long haul holiday ideas on 10:45 - Jan 8 with 9400 viewsLord_Bony

Long haul holiday ideas on 06:52 - Jan 8 by Johnw102

Do the Rockie Mountain Railway in Canada. Fantastic 2/3 day rail trip loads of wildlife seen from observation coaches. https://www.rockymountaineer.com/

Canada anytime anywhere is highly recommended.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Long haul holiday ideas on 14:24 - Jan 8 with 9320 viewsProfessor

Long haul holiday ideas on 10:45 - Jan 8 by Lord_Bony

Canada anytime anywhere is highly recommended.

Toronto/Ontario is a little dull.
Long haul holiday ideas on 15:28 - Jan 8 with 9282 viewsAl_Bundy

Cape Town for me too.

Been there twice and offers everything even a lively night out in the Cape Flats if you want some near death experiences.

Delhi is also a city worth seeing first hand - truly magic and manic.
Long haul holiday ideas on 17:37 - Jan 8 with 9225 viewscontroversial_jack

Long haul holiday ideas on 15:28 - Jan 8 by Al_Bundy

Cape Town for me too.

Been there twice and offers everything even a lively night out in the Cape Flats if you want some near death experiences.

Delhi is also a city worth seeing first hand - truly magic and manic.

Cuba.
Long haul holiday ideas on 19:35 - Jan 8 with 9186 viewsAl_Bundy

Too westernised now.
Long haul holiday ideas on 19:36 - Jan 8 with 9184 viewscackinthesackjack

Some great suggestions there with SA proving very popular. Is there a better time of year to visit?

Thanks all

Poll: To replace or not to replace Garry Monk?

Long haul holiday ideas on 19:59 - Jan 8 with 9171 viewsCooperman

Long haul holiday ideas on 19:36 - Jan 8 by cackinthesackjack

Some great suggestions there with SA proving very popular. Is there a better time of year to visit?

Thanks all

Our winter is their summer.

Our winter is colder and wetter than their winter.
Our summer is colder and wetter than their summer.

December and January is peak season. Cheaper options in November, February and March whilst still catching the weather.

Go for it, you won’t regret it.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024