Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Preston North End v Swansea City Match Thread 22:14 - Jan 7 with 29064 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 12 Jan 2019 14:52]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Preston North End v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:13 - Jan 12 with 2592 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Preston North End v Swansea City Match Thread on 16:51 - Jan 12 by MrSwerve

According to comms Montero always shows a bit of ball to get that leg out.

It's the quiet ones you have to watch
The Official Preston North End v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:13 - Jan 12 with 2591 viewsjasper_T

The Official Preston North End v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:07 - Jan 12 by union_jack

How many of these decisions are we on the wrong side of? Far too many.

That said, I only saw the last 10 mins and we couldn’t hold the ball or string a pass together. We looked tired. We need to mentally toughen up and get stuck in when things go against us. Turn the negatives into positive energy.

Late subs again. Players look tired because they are. The way we play we really need a fresh man or two on around the hour to take some of the running burden off the key players.

Bringing Bony on in the 75th doesn't help anyone in that regard.
The Official Preston North End v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:15 - Jan 12 with 2558 viewsjasper_T

Hull are going to win the league at this rate.
The Official Preston North End v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:15 - Jan 12 with 2557 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Preston North End v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:13 - Jan 12 by jasper_T

Late subs again. Players look tired because they are. The way we play we really need a fresh man or two on around the hour to take some of the running burden off the key players.

Nor Montero in the 84th...
The Official Preston North End v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:17 - Jan 12 with 2521 viewsMogzzy9

The Official Preston North End v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:13 - Jan 12 by jasper_T

100%bang on the money. Said the same on Twitter just now. Waiting too long in the game to make an impactful sub. The game had gone flat for us the second Bony came on. Preston started putting the pressure on and should have scored. Bony had 20 minutes. He managed one glancing header which went well wide. Jeff managed one cross. And McKay may as well had not bothered. Potter has to take some blame for the last 30 minutes performance. But I still back him. It's just small easily solvable issues which he takes too long to make decisions on. Poor point away against a shit Preston side in my opinion.

[img]http://icons.iconarchive.com/icons/giannis-zographos/british-football-club/128/Swansea-City-icon.png[/img]

The Official Preston North End v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:20 - Jan 12 with 2483 viewsAnotherJohn

Mitigating circumstances, but with Preston's recent form I'd hoped for a win. It will be interesting to see if Preston's strategy of signing a free-scoring L2 striker (Jayden Stockley) works out. It doesn't look as though he did much today apart from appeal for a dodgy pen, but I was out and didn't see the game.
The Official Preston North End v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:25 - Jan 12 with 2422 viewsOldjack

The Official Preston North End v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:11 - Jan 12 by union_jack

Sadly, they’ve dodged that bullet for now at least. If Newcastle get a point at Chelsea then they are.

form being shown by the bottom clubs now apart from the turds .it won't be long

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Official Preston North End v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:30 - Jan 12 with 2373 viewsstevethejack

The Official Preston North End v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:12 - Jan 12 by Chief

Not they aren't

Technically, they will as soon as Chelsea v Newcastle kicks off as Newcastle will have a point and go above them.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Preston North End v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:37 - Jan 12 with 2315 viewslonglostjack

The Official Preston North End v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:30 - Jan 12 by stevethejack

Technically, they will as soon as Chelsea v Newcastle kicks off as Newcastle will have a point and go above them.

Exactly. Come on you Geordies surprise the rent boys! A point will do.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2019 17:38]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Official Preston North End v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:43 - Jan 12 with 2271 viewsploppy

Two points dropped today. We were the better team by a country mile. Preston, on that performance, are the worst team we've played this season. Once we scored there was only one way we weren't going to win - and we (or the linesman) duly obliged.
The Official Preston North End v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:46 - Jan 12 with 2239 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Preston North End v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:30 - Jan 12 by stevethejack

Chelsea 1 up .

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official Preston North End v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:46 - Jan 12 with 2236 viewsunion_jack

The Official Preston North End v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:43 - Jan 12 by ploppy

Two points dropped today. We were the better team by a country mile. Preston, on that performance, are the worst team we've played this season. Once we scored there was only one way we weren't going to win - and we (or the linesman) duly obliged.

Happens far too often, or so it seems.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Preston North End v Swansea City Match Thread on 18:12 - Jan 12 with 2094 viewsandrew

The Official Preston North End v Swansea City Match Thread on 17:46 - Jan 12 by Flashberryjack

Chelsea 1 up .

Not anymore

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

The Official Preston North End v Swansea City Match Thread on 19:02 - Jan 12 with 1901 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Preston North End v Swansea City Match Thread on 18:12 - Jan 12 by andrew

Not anymore

2 -1 now...sadly

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official Preston North End v Swansea City Match Thread on 19:45 - Jan 12 with 1783 viewsGlyn1

From the Preston fans forum:

"We didn't deserve to win but certainly deserved a point. Swansea are no great shakes; plenty of nice, neat passing but little end product, even against the 2nd worst defence in the division. Don't see them making the play offs."

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Preston North End v Swansea City Match Thread on 19:59 - Jan 12 with 1741 viewsWxmJax

The Official Preston North End v Swansea City Match Thread on 16:19 - Jan 12 by A_Fans_Dad

You were saying?

Aye, I'd just come back from having a wee, was walking up the steps and stayed there as we were attacking and didn't want to spoil anyone's view. Good play by Routs in the set up. He couldn't really miss, and I'm glad he didn't, but I just don't see a future here for him. He appears clueless as regards positional play the twice I've seen him in the actual flesh, it was like playing with 10 men when he was on. He just seems to stand there. Obviously I hope he's brilliant for us and can ram those words down my throat and I'll gladly hold my hands up but I just don't see an end product there.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

The Official Preston North End v Swansea City Match Thread on 21:02 - Jan 12 with 1608 viewsOldjack

Just seen that pen appeal ,verdict deffo pen ,the silly billy lifted his arm as the ball hit it

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Official Preston North End v Swansea City Match Thread on 23:29 - Jan 12 with 1411 viewsBadlands

The Official Preston North End v Swansea City Match Thread on 21:02 - Jan 12 by Oldjack

Just seen that pen appeal ,verdict deffo pen ,the silly billy lifted his arm as the ball hit it

TBF they don't come much more obvious than that.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Preston North End v Swansea City Match Thread on 04:30 - Jan 13 with 1273 viewsCooperman

I haven't seen any highlights but having read this and the pussy thread my deductions are that we've failed to win another game that we really should have put to bed. On top of this is some more questionable game management from Potter whereby he's failed to change players and shape as the opposition adjusted theirs; both before and after the sending off. Fair observation?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The Official Preston North End v Swansea City Match Thread on 05:00 - Jan 13 with 1261 viewsdameedna

There was a 20 minute period towards the end of the second half when we could have lost the game.

Three or four good End attacks where we lost shape by losing possession in midfield.

Fulton could have come on and maybe Byers as well.

We knew from the first game PNE were relatively strong in the middle. They took their main midfielder off.

Down to ten men and we looked quite weak at the end.

A lot of quality for the most part and signs of a failure to control the middle. Can't hold manager responsible as we played well for most of the game and End held on for the draw.

Point away well earned.
The Official Preston North End v Swansea City Match Thread on 05:18 - Jan 13 with 1250 viewsjasper_T

The Official Preston North End v Swansea City Match Thread on 05:00 - Jan 13 by dameedna

There was a 20 minute period towards the end of the second half when we could have lost the game.

Three or four good End attacks where we lost shape by losing possession in midfield.

Fulton could have come on and maybe Byers as well.

We knew from the first game PNE were relatively strong in the middle. They took their main midfielder off.

Down to ten men and we looked quite weak at the end.

A lot of quality for the most part and signs of a failure to control the middle. Can't hold manager responsible as we played well for most of the game and End held on for the draw.

Point away well earned.

How is game management not the manager's responsibility, though? It's his job to stop us looking weak in the tail end of matches by changing instructions and personnel to suit the circumstances. Fatigue and risk can be managed more easily when you're the team on top, and yet we usually come out of long periods of dominance looking weaker than sides that have had to work harder for most of the game.

As you say there were changes he could have made to reinforce the midfield. He had two lightning wingers available to freshen up our attacking threat and giving them something new to think about.

If he'd made positive changes and we'd come up short it wouldn't feel like two points dropped and an opportunity wasted. Doesn't sting as much as Rotherham, but again as you say we could well have lost it.
The Official Preston North End v Swansea City Match Thread on 08:07 - Jan 13 with 1189 views34dfgdf54

The Official Preston North End v Swansea City Match Thread on 05:18 - Jan 13 by jasper_T

How is game management not the manager's responsibility, though? It's his job to stop us looking weak in the tail end of matches by changing instructions and personnel to suit the circumstances. Fatigue and risk can be managed more easily when you're the team on top, and yet we usually come out of long periods of dominance looking weaker than sides that have had to work harder for most of the game.

As you say there were changes he could have made to reinforce the midfield. He had two lightning wingers available to freshen up our attacking threat and giving them something new to think about.

If he'd made positive changes and we'd come up short it wouldn't feel like two points dropped and an opportunity wasted. Doesn't sting as much as Rotherham, but again as you say we could well have lost it.

You make it sound easy mind Jasp.

Maybe they should just promote you from Academy and give you the gig.
The Official Preston North End v Swansea City Match Thread on 08:39 - Jan 13 with 1162 viewsdameedna

...it does appear a bit iffy that Potter mentions in his post match call that we kind of stuttered in the final third.

I would have preferred a central change as we get shagged here and it happened last game. PNE work Well in the middle.

We did have a strong bench and it was crying out for a change. Overall though it was a decent performance and we If anything got worse with the subs.

He was pretty forthright in answering the question on his strongest eleven. This apparently was it and he backed them to the hilt by the looks of it.
The Official Preston North End v Swansea City Match Thread on 08:49 - Jan 13 with 1148 viewsjasper_T

The Official Preston North End v Swansea City Match Thread on 08:07 - Jan 13 by 34dfgdf54

You make it sound easy mind Jasp.

Maybe they should just promote you from Academy and give you the gig.

PM me if you're looking for another assistant, Graham. I promise the notes I hand you on 60 minutes saying "make a sub" will be clear and legible.
The Official Preston North End v Swansea City Match Thread on 09:12 - Jan 13 with 1122 views34dfgdf54

The Official Preston North End v Swansea City Match Thread on 08:49 - Jan 13 by jasper_T

PM me if you're looking for another assistant, Graham. I promise the notes I hand you on 60 minutes saying "make a sub" will be clear and legible.

I was Bayram last week
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024