Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Bunkhouse in Swansea 17:57 - Jan 8 with 5847 viewstaffpunk

Anyone been in here, drink prices, decent Venue,any boozers nearby? Looks like a few of us are popping over week Friday, any advice gratefully received.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

The Bunkhouse in Swansea on 19:36 - Jan 8 with 4821 viewsexhmrc1

never been there . it used to be a pub. in the middle of the Kingsway most of the bars around that area have closed as the nightlife has moved to wind street. There is a Wetherspoons a couple of minutes walk away. In the other direction there is wind street with all its bars 5 minutes walk away.
The Bunkhouse in Swansea on 20:16 - Jan 8 with 4771 viewssplJack

The Bunkhouse in Swansea on 19:36 - Jan 8 by exhmrc1

never been there . it used to be a pub. in the middle of the Kingsway most of the bars around that area have closed as the nightlife has moved to wind street. There is a Wetherspoons a couple of minutes walk away. In the other direction there is wind street with all its bars 5 minutes walk away.

Is the Hanbury still open?
The Bunkhouse in Swansea on 21:23 - Jan 8 with 4692 viewsexhmrc1

yes
The Bunkhouse in Swansea on 21:44 - Jan 8 with 4668 viewsexhmrc1

The Bunkhouse in Swansea on 21:23 - Jan 8 by exhmrc1

yes

is this part of your trip to Newcastle Emlyn. Have you decided to stay in Swansea. If so, where. Basically there are lots of bars on wind st. No sign quite decent. Uplands has a couple of decent places as well. Potters Wheel is a Wetherspoons on the Kingsway the same street as this venues on. Years ago this was the hot Swansea area with the Top Rank and Barons either side. The Park. Number 10 and Buccaneer Bar in the Dolphin were all around the corner and were major pre Rank pubs.
The Bunkhouse in Swansea on 22:06 - Jan 8 with 4629 viewsbuilthjack

The Bunkhouse in Swansea on 21:44 - Jan 8 by exhmrc1

is this part of your trip to Newcastle Emlyn. Have you decided to stay in Swansea. If so, where. Basically there are lots of bars on wind st. No sign quite decent. Uplands has a couple of decent places as well. Potters Wheel is a Wetherspoons on the Kingsway the same street as this venues on. Years ago this was the hot Swansea area with the Top Rank and Barons either side. The Park. Number 10 and Buccaneer Bar in the Dolphin were all around the corner and were major pre Rank pubs.

Don't forget Harpers

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Bunkhouse in Swansea on 22:21 - Jan 8 with 4606 viewsexhmrc1

also Valbonne as well
The Bunkhouse in Swansea on 22:30 - Jan 8 with 4593 viewsbuilthjack

Strikeout too

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Bunkhouse in Swansea on 03:01 - Jan 9 with 4481 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The owners are very nice people and deserve success.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Login to get fewer ads

The Bunkhouse in Swansea on 10:53 - Jan 9 with 4341 viewscontroversial_jack

The Bunkhouse in Swansea on 20:16 - Jan 8 by splJack

Is the Hanbury still open?

Yes, but it's a dump! Is the old prince of Wales at the end of the Kingsway still open in some capacity?
The Bunkhouse in Swansea on 11:26 - Jan 9 with 4321 viewsangryjack

The Bunkhouse in Swansea on 10:53 - Jan 9 by controversial_jack

Yes, but it's a dump! Is the old prince of Wales at the end of the Kingsway still open in some capacity?

It's a dessert place now madu or something
The Bunkhouse in Swansea on 15:58 - Jan 9 with 4243 viewsPapaLazarou

Tidy place to watch a band, reasonable prices on drink. Good independent venue.

Pub-wise you're best off either having a few pints in The Potters Wheel (cheap and cheerless spoons) or going to Wind Street. The Bucket List is 2 for 1 between 4-8 every day and has all the sport and a good selection of beers.

If you're brave you could try The Hanbury I suppose.
The Bunkhouse in Swansea on 17:05 - Jan 9 with 4206 viewstaffpunk

No, just going there on the night, there's a few Punk bands playing there on the 19th. The Newcastle Emlyn trip is off, accommodation is way too expensive for us Rhondda types! Thanks for the advice though.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

The Bunkhouse in Swansea on 19:38 - Jan 9 with 4133 viewsexhmrc1

dolphin hotel around the corner is £59 for a twin if you plan a stopover
The Bunkhouse in Swansea on 21:23 - Jan 9 with 4086 viewsNogginthenog

The Bunkhouse in Swansea on 19:38 - Jan 9 by exhmrc1

dolphin hotel around the corner is £59 for a twin if you plan a stopover

Would the other twin join in for an extra tenner?
The Bunkhouse in Swansea on 22:14 - Jan 9 with 4059 viewsLoyal

Can't believe GBH have agreed to play there, Swansea is never the best place, at least these days for a proper punk gig, I could be wrong but the promoter will get their fingers burned on this one.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2019 22:15]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Bunkhouse in Swansea on 07:48 - Jan 10 with 3943 viewstaffpunk

The Bunkhouse in Swansea on 22:14 - Jan 9 by Loyal

Can't believe GBH have agreed to play there, Swansea is never the best place, at least these days for a proper punk gig, I could be wrong but the promoter will get their fingers burned on this one.

Bit surprised myself tbh, UK 82 type/era bands don't usually pull well anywhere in South Wales. Still, it's a night out, hope it's not a disaster for the promoters sake.

The Bunkhouse in Swansea on 10:37 - Jan 22 with 3612 viewstaffpunk

The Bunkhouse in Swansea on 22:14 - Jan 9 by Loyal

A very good but strange night.

Went to Spoons first, The Potters Wheel, looking back now our behaviour was well out of order. A couple of my mates didn't even thank the barkeep when he served them and we didn't take our glasses back after finishing our pints, and apparently Dai Punk didn't flush the toilet after having a pwp. Out Of Control.
Wild Rhondda Anarchist Punks on tour, Brizzle City got nothing on us.

To The Bunkhouse, the Venue is small, in fact the Bar area is bigger than the back room where the bands played. The back room holds 100 max I'd have thought, crowd was about 70, but no one on the door was taking cash, so the 5 of us didn't pay to get in, don't know how many others did the same?

Booze was too expensive, 3 quid for cans of Bow/Carling is taking the mick, lager on tap was 3.70 which wasn't too bad. Bar staff were friendly, good atmosphere, met a few old mates from over your way. All bands-GBH/State Of Decay/Tenplusone/Social Experiment- were enjoyable in their different ways. Punky types in Swansea seem to prefer to slam dance rather than Pogo, but all in all a good night.

Put their prices on cans down to 2.50 then they're in with a shout, otherwise people will just sneak cans in from the offy. Would definitely go there again to see someone.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2019 11:37]

The Bunkhouse in Swansea on 11:08 - Jan 22 with 3583 viewsLoyal

The Bunkhouse in Swansea on 10:37 - Jan 22 by taffpunk

A very good but strange night.

Went to Spoons first, The Potters Wheel, looking back now our behaviour was well out of order. A couple of my mates didn't even thank the barkeep when he served them and we didn't take our glasses back after finishing our pints, and apparently Dai Punk didn't flush the toilet after having a pwp. Out Of Control.
Wild Rhondda Anarchist Punks on tour, Brizzle City got nothing on us.

To The Bunkhouse, the Venue is small, in fact the Bar area is bigger than the back room where the bands played. The back room holds 100 max I'd have thought, crowd was about 70, but no one on the door was taking cash, so the 5 of us didn't pay to get in, don't know how many others did the same?

Booze was too expensive, 3 quid for cans of Bow/Carling is taking the mick, lager on tap was 3.70 which wasn't too bad. Bar staff were friendly, good atmosphere, met a few old mates from over your way. All bands-GBH/State Of Decay/Tenplusone/Social Experiment- were enjoyable in their different ways. Punky types in Swansea seem to prefer to slam dance rather than Pogo, but all in all a good night.

Put their prices on cans down to 2.50 then they're in with a shout, otherwise people will just sneak cans in from the offy. Would definitely go there again to see someone.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2019 11:37]

In Germany currently but some of Swansea finest were there, we all have a lot in common even if it is watching GBH. Can't believe there were that many there Taff. Whoever put that on lost a pot of money.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2019 11:09]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

The Bunkhouse in Swansea on 11:35 - Jan 22 with 3565 viewstaffpunk

The Bunkhouse in Swansea on 11:08 - Jan 22 by Loyal

In Germany currently but some of Swansea finest were there, we all have a lot in common even if it is watching GBH. Can't believe there were that many there Taff. Whoever put that on lost a pot of money.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2019 11:09]

Yeah must have lost a fair bit, would have had an extra 60 quid off us, but like I said no one was taking cash, very strange!

The Bunkhouse in Swansea on 11:45 - Jan 22 with 3543 viewsLoyal

The Bunkhouse in Swansea on 11:35 - Jan 22 by taffpunk

Yeah must have lost a fair bit, would have had an extra 60 quid off us, but like I said no one was taking cash, very strange!

Having worked with them I know that GBH wouldn't turn out for less than 800 in the UK, far more abroad, South America 10k a night in some places. Fair play to them for making the effort to play these places, no need to just out of love. The support bands I have no doubt got nothing. Mind you stàte of decay are pretty grim, still got the super dwarf drummer ?

Edit - Micky RIP, god bless him, funniest man I've ever met.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2019 11:47]

The Bunkhouse in Swansea on 12:03 - Jan 22 with 3516 viewstaffpunk

The Bunkhouse in Swansea on 11:45 - Jan 22 by Loyal

Having worked with them I know that GBH wouldn't turn out for less than 800 in the UK, far more abroad, South America 10k a night in some places. Fair play to them for making the effort to play these places, no need to just out of love. The support bands I have no doubt got nothing. Mind you stàte of decay are pretty grim, still got the super dwarf drummer ?

Edit - Micky RIP, god bless him, funniest man I've ever met.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2019 11:47]

Yeah I was talking to Payney from Social Experiment, and he reckoned about 800. I've seen them in small and big venues over the years, fair play they'll play anywhere.
Tenplusone were the best band for me. I didn't notice the drummer in SOD, but they were also the best I've seen them tbf.

The Bunkhouse in Swansea on 15:53 - Jan 22 with 3415 viewsLoyal

The Bunkhouse in Swansea on 12:03 - Jan 22 by taffpunk

Yeah I was talking to Payney from Social Experiment, and he reckoned about 800. I've seen them in small and big venues over the years, fair play they'll play anywhere.
Tenplusone were the best band for me. I didn't notice the drummer in SOD, but they were also the best I've seen them tbf.

Ah yes, Payney, one of wellys disciples. Wrote a history of Welsh punk once and never left the suburbs of Cardiff in any of it 😂

The Bunkhouse in Swansea on 22:00 - Jan 22 with 3297 viewsLord_Bony

Those were the days my friend.
We d thought they'd never end.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Bunkhouse in Swansea on 09:41 - Jan 23 with 3195 viewsAquinas

[Post edited 23 Jan 2019 11:11]
The Bunkhouse in Swansea on 10:54 - Jan 23 with 3170 viewstaffpunk

The Bunkhouse in Swansea on 09:41 - Jan 23 by Aquinas

[Post edited 23 Jan 2019 11:11]

What are you on about? I think you've misunderstood my posts somehow.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2019 10:56]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024