Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stoke already skint? 21:41 - Jan 9 with 3901 views_

Well it seems their policy of throwing everything they had at promotion has clearly hit the buffers and now they appoint the religious Rhondda freak in a bid to get them back on track.

I guess you could call that a pretty cheap option regardless of the modest success he's had at Luton.

If only they had signed the world class Ryan Woods they'd have been laughing now...

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Stoke already skint? on 11:53 - Jan 10 with 928 viewshobo

Maybe we could now get Woods for £2m and Allen for £900k. Worth a try. Could even get Clucas back, he'd be useful for left back cover now. £4.5m for the lot
Stoke already skint? on 11:59 - Jan 10 with 915 viewsjasper_T

Stoke already skint? on 11:53 - Jan 10 by hobo

Maybe we could now get Woods for £2m and Allen for £900k. Worth a try. Could even get Clucas back, he'd be useful for left back cover now. £4.5m for the lot

They going to work for free?

Clucas would have to pay us.
Stoke already skint? on 12:00 - Jan 10 with 913 viewssainthelens

Stoke already skint? on 11:53 - Jan 10 by hobo

I wouldn't have Clucas back to put my fckn bins out.
Stoke already skint? on 12:18 - Jan 10 with 883 viewsmagicdaps10

Stoke already skint? on 12:00 - Jan 10 by sainthelens

I wouldn't have Clucas back to put my fckn bins out.

And too think someone thought he was worth 12m.

Never was the phrase "panic buy" so true.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Stoke already skint? on 13:14 - Jan 10 with 837 views34dfgdf54

Stoke already skint? on 11:59 - Jan 10 by jasper_T

They going to work for free?

Clucas would have to pay us.

Clucas is struggling and Woods is one of the few shining lights of an horrendous season for them according to the Wales Online article. Not seen enough of them to comment myself.
Stoke already skint? on 13:17 - Jan 10 with 829 viewsomarjack

Stoke already skint? on 12:18 - Jan 10 by magicdaps10

And too think someone thought he was worth 12m.

Never was the phrase "panic buy" so true.

* Plus Stephen Kingsley

Selling Cork for 8 m only to buy Clucas has got to be one of the dumbest decisions sanctioned by our lovely board. Don't remind me.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Stoke already skint? on 13:56 - Jan 10 with 803 viewsGlyn1

Stoke already skint? on 13:17 - Jan 10 by omarjack

* Plus Stephen Kingsley

Selling Cork for 8 m only to buy Clucas has got to be one of the dumbest decisions sanctioned by our lovely board. Don't remind me.

Except that Cork was a regular whipping boy on this site. He got as much stick as Naughton got, and I don't remember much of an outcry when he was sold.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Stoke already skint? on 18:15 - Jan 10 with 726 viewshobo

Stoke already skint? on 13:56 - Jan 10 by Glyn1

Except that Cork was a regular whipping boy on this site. He got as much stick as Naughton got, and I don't remember much of an outcry when he was sold.

Everyone is a regular whipping boy from some on this site. i think it has a touch of the green eyed monster about it
Login to get fewer ads

Stoke already skint? on 20:52 - Jan 10 with 648 views_

Stoke already skint? on 22:11 - Jan 9 by majorraglan

He may or may not be a “cheap option” but in my opinion he’s done a very good job at Luton Town as opposed to “modest success.”

He steered them away from relegation at the end of his first half season in charge, play off place at the end of his second season and automatic promotion at the end of last season (third) season. Luton are currently second in League 1 below Portsmouth and above Sunderland. I would have taken him at Swansea if Potter hadn’t rocked up.

He's had 1 promotion in 4 seasons hasn't he? And this with a club who spent years and years in the top flight and the promotion was out of League 2. Even Jackett can get teams out of that shithole.

The point I was trying to make is I don't think they went after Jones as their number 1 target, they just knew that had to get rid of Rowett.

I would say they are now in panic mode and the very real threat of a transfer embargo and falling foul of FFP is staring them right in the face.

As predicted on this very message board, of course...

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Stoke already skint? on 22:43 - Jan 10 with 587 viewsmajorraglan

Stoke already skint? on 20:52 - Jan 10 by _

He's had 1 promotion in 4 seasons hasn't he? And this with a club who spent years and years in the top flight and the promotion was out of League 2. Even Jackett can get teams out of that shithole.

The point I was trying to make is I don't think they went after Jones as their number 1 target, they just knew that had to get rid of Rowett.

I would say they are now in panic mode and the very real threat of a transfer embargo and falling foul of FFP is staring them right in the face.

As predicted on this very message board, of course...

I would agree with you that they are probably very concerned about FFP as TM’s gone Pete Tong for them and a Rowett hasn’t done anything with them. In terms of Luton, I genuinely believe Jnes has done a very tidy in there. Yes they spent a fair time at the top table, but that was 20 years ago and since then they have spent 5 years in the Conference. He came in when they were going back down, steadied the ship and built from there. The guy has a 51% win rate which isn’t bad.
With some backing I hope Potter will eclipse Stoke and Jones, they are regrouping so may be a threat gong forward,
Stoke already skint? on 22:59 - Jan 10 with 572 views_

Stoke already skint? on 22:43 - Jan 10 by majorraglan

I would agree with you that they are probably very concerned about FFP as TM’s gone Pete Tong for them and a Rowett hasn’t done anything with them. In terms of Luton, I genuinely believe Jnes has done a very tidy in there. Yes they spent a fair time at the top table, but that was 20 years ago and since then they have spent 5 years in the Conference. He came in when they were going back down, steadied the ship and built from there. The guy has a 51% win rate which isn’t bad.
With some backing I hope Potter will eclipse Stoke and Jones, they are regrouping so may be a threat gong forward,

No great shakes for me. He's been involved in coaching for ten years or so and been promoted to first team coach, demoted back down to youth over and over.

Plus he's a short arse. There's never been a decent short arse manager

Stoke already skint? on 23:48 - Jan 10 with 543 viewssainthelens

Stoke already skint? on 22:59 - Jan 10 by _

No great shakes for me. He's been involved in coaching for ten years or so and been promoted to first team coach, demoted back down to youth over and over.

Plus he's a short arse. There's never been a decent short arse manager

Agreed.
First time for everything.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024