Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stoke already skint? 21:41 - Jan 9 with 3905 views_

Well it seems their policy of throwing everything they had at promotion has clearly hit the buffers and now they appoint the religious Rhondda freak in a bid to get them back on track.

I guess you could call that a pretty cheap option regardless of the modest success he's had at Luton.

If only they had signed the world class Ryan Woods they'd have been laughing now...

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Stoke already skint? on 21:45 - Jan 9 with 2930 viewsLoyal

Well we agree on a few things.
Rowett would have cost them a few million to bin.
Can't see them stopping spending now. And I can't see that head slapper gaining any respect or trust from the likes of their big bollox players. Sacked by May.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Stoke already skint? on 21:48 - Jan 9 with 2915 viewsProfessor

People I know who know Nathan Jones say he is a top bloke. Bit rich having the second coming (I know it is the Stone Roses), hailing from he Cynon Valley and calling someone from the Rhondda a religious freak.
Stoke already skint? on 22:01 - Jan 9 with 2853 viewsbuilthjack

Moyes, Allardyce, Lambert etc.
Good to see a club take a chance on a lower league manager rather than the circus of failed cretins.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Stoke already skint? on 22:02 - Jan 9 with 2834 viewsLoyal

Stoke already skint? on 22:01 - Jan 9 by builthjack

Moyes, Allardyce, Lambert etc.
Good to see a club take a chance on a lower league manager rather than the circus of failed cretins.

That much ill give them, don't like them as a club or their fans mentality. They make me very angry 😂

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Stoke already skint? on 22:08 - Jan 9 with 2814 viewsDewi1jack

With how ignorant and conceited their fan base is I would have liked to have seen them appoint a manager with the same outlook as them.

Guessing brad bobbley didn't fancy the gig though 😂

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Stoke already skint? on 22:09 - Jan 9 with 2808 viewsbuilthjack

Stoke already skint? on 22:02 - Jan 9 by Loyal

That much ill give them, don't like them as a club or their fans mentality. They make me very angry 😂

I can't stand them either. Cool head Loyal fella

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Stoke already skint? on 22:11 - Jan 9 with 2801 viewsmajorraglan

He may or may not be a “cheap option” but in my opinion he’s done a very good job at Luton Town as opposed to “modest success.”

He steered them away from relegation at the end of his first half season in charge, play off place at the end of his second season and automatic promotion at the end of last season (third) season. Luton are currently second in League 1 below Portsmouth and above Sunderland. I would have taken him at Swansea if Potter hadn’t rocked up.
Stoke already skint? on 22:14 - Jan 9 with 2775 viewsdobjack2

You started off fine and went downhill.

They have chucked money at promotion but Rowett should have got a lot more out of that squad. They could have gone for one of the usual suspects but they’ve gone for a younger option who has had a lot of praise for his work at Luton.

As for Woods, he seems to be doing ok for them; who knows whether he would have been the key piece for us or a failure.
Login to get fewer ads

Stoke already skint? on 22:36 - Jan 9 with 2676 viewsdobjack2

Stoke already skint? on 21:45 - Jan 9 by Loyal

Well we agree on a few things.
Rowett would have cost them a few million to bin.
Can't see them stopping spending now. And I can't see that head slapper gaining any respect or trust from the likes of their big bollox players. Sacked by May.

It has been suggested in some quarters they’ve got some big bollox players if so that leaves the Coates in a position of backing the manager or backing the players.

I suspect that if the rumours are true, then those that don’t buy into what he is trying to do will be gone, otherwise only a manager who wants the money but doesn’t give a toss will go there.

Interesting appointment as in the lower divisions he has a reputation for wanting to play football.
Stoke already skint? on 22:45 - Jan 9 with 2636 viewsmagicdaps10

Stoke have paid Luton 1m in compensation for him, we wont play Narsingh because we dont want to pay his former club another 300k.

I dont think we are in a position to judge their position financially, or maybe, they are pressing the reset button and picking a manager for the future.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Stoke already skint? on 22:56 - Jan 9 with 2600 viewsTreorchyjack

[Post edited 9 Jan 2019 22:56]
Stoke already skint? on 23:17 - Jan 9 with 2547 viewsjasper_T

Stoke already skint? on 22:45 - Jan 9 by magicdaps10

Stoke have paid Luton 1m in compensation for him, we wont play Narsingh because we dont want to pay his former club another 300k.

I dont think we are in a position to judge their position financially, or maybe, they are pressing the reset button and picking a manager for the future.

Also because Narsingh demanded to leave, demanded to be paid off to leave, has always been disappointing for us and was fcking awful in the chance he got in the u23s to show some form/fitness.

We've gone about the season very responsibly in terms of finances, cutting expenses to match the realities of the division, while they followed a loss-making PL season by spending £45m on players, increased their wage bill most likely, and are relying on the kindness of their betting company owners to stay solvent as the parachute payments (a drop in the bucket for their level of spending) fade away.

Take another look at the league table and say we're not in a position to judge them.
Stoke already skint? on 07:38 - Jan 10 with 2272 viewsmagicdaps10

Stoke already skint? on 23:17 - Jan 9 by jasper_T

Also because Narsingh demanded to leave, demanded to be paid off to leave, has always been disappointing for us and was fcking awful in the chance he got in the u23s to show some form/fitness.

We've gone about the season very responsibly in terms of finances, cutting expenses to match the realities of the division, while they followed a loss-making PL season by spending £45m on players, increased their wage bill most likely, and are relying on the kindness of their betting company owners to stay solvent as the parachute payments (a drop in the bucket for their level of spending) fade away.

Take another look at the league table and say we're not in a position to judge them.

Why would I want to look at the table to judge them financially?

I will reiterate, I dont think we are in a position to judge them financially.

Putting a lot of poor morals there on Stoke, once again, I dont think we are in a position to judge with our current board.

As for Narsingh leaving, I remember a time when Ferrie Bodde demanded to leave and at that time certain people cared and had a passion for Swansea City and fought the clubs corner.......how that has changed hey!?

Stoke already skint? on 07:54 - Jan 10 with 2241 views34dfgdf54

Stoke already skint? on 07:38 - Jan 10 by magicdaps10

Putting a lot of poor morals there on Stoke, once again, I dont think we are in a position to judge with our current board.

As for Narsingh leaving, I remember a time when Ferrie Bodde demanded to leave and at that time certain people cared and had a passion for Swansea City and fought the clubs corner.......how that has changed hey!?

Has Narsingh demanded to leave then?

Don't get me wrong he's been sh*t on the whole so not advocating playing him, especially if we owe any money on the basis he has more appearances, but didn't he have an offer to go to AEK but decide to stay here? No doubt his decision was finance motivated but it's the opposite from demanding to leave.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2019 8:09]
Stoke already skint? on 08:09 - Jan 10 with 2212 viewsjasper_T

Stoke already skint? on 07:54 - Jan 10 by 34dfgdf54

Has Narsingh demanded to leave then?

Don't get me wrong he's been sh*t on the whole so not advocating playing him, especially if we owe any money on the basis he has more appearances, but didn't he have an offer to go to AEK but decide to stay here? No doubt his decision was finance motivated but it's the opposite from demanding to leave.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2019 8:09]

He was among the first to ask to leave when relegation was confirmed.

When we got an acceptable offer he and his agent (Mino Raiola) wanted the full value of his remaining contract with us paid up (they essentially wanted a big cut of the pretty small transfer fee to get rid of him). When they didn't get that they decided he would stay put, and earn more going on a free in the summer.

He has no interest in playing for Swansea City. We put him on the bench the other day to say "he's fit, some idiots come buy him, please".
Stoke already skint? on 08:16 - Jan 10 with 2194 viewsjasper_T

Stoke already skint? on 07:38 - Jan 10 by magicdaps10

Why can't we judge them financially? As a football club they're haemorrhaging money maybe even faster now than their wealthy backers are allowed to put it back in (by FFP regulations) while we have made every effort to live within our diminishing means.

You could justify it if it meant assuring a return to the PL but they're so far from that point, and even in Newcastle's case it's not like they're raking it in after promotion (Mike Ashley still £150m in the hole with them or something like that, and yet the fans want more spending).
Stoke already skint? on 09:03 - Jan 10 with 2110 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I think the Coates family have a few quid to chuck around.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Stoke already skint? on 09:14 - Jan 10 with 2087 viewsmajorraglan

Stoke already skint? on 09:03 - Jan 10 by JACKMANANDBOY

You are not wrong there. Bet 365 made £500m profit last year on a turnover of £47bn, Denise Coates took a salary of £199m plus a dividend of £18m. There’s plenty of cash there.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/nov/12/bet365-chief-denise-coates-paid
Stoke already skint? on 10:20 - Jan 10 with 1963 viewsjasper_T

Stoke already skint? on 09:03 - Jan 10 by JACKMANANDBOY

I'm no FFP expert but the league still places limits on how much they can aid the football club, however rich they are. They made a £30m loss last season which is within the bounds for a PL club but doesn't give them much additional leeway for this season where they stand to lose significantly more, with a lower threshold (these things being judged over a three year period).

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/financial-fair-play-explained.php

Based on the chart here Stoke can make an £83m loss for the period ending at the end of this season, and currently stand at (-£10m, -£30m, -£xm). Newcastle made an overall loss of £41m in their gamble season, but they sold some huge money players to bring their operating loss down from a crazy £90m. Stoke on the other hand ran a £20m transfer deficit. Realistically Stoke can't be far from sanctions, no?

Right now Birmingham are being hit with restrictions and embargos despite their owners being able to shoulder the losses they are incurring. Meanwhile Bolton can't even pay their players but apparently haven't broken EFL sustainability rules for overspending.
Stoke already skint? on 10:25 - Jan 10 with 1947 viewsmagicdaps10

In the cold light of day, they have a owner who actually cares about them and not someone who is looking to make money from them.

My advice is, don't worry about Stoke City and their position, worry on ours. There are going to be some bumpy rides for us with our current board.

Stoke already skint? on 10:40 - Jan 10 with 1920 viewsicecoldjack

Yep, let's not worry about stoke, their owner won't be asset stripping them, ours will and have been. if their new manager wants to play football they have the players to do it, at least with Joe Allen and Ash he's got a good base to work from.

He may have a problem getting clucas to pass and move though.
Stoke already skint? on 10:43 - Jan 10 with 1909 viewsjasper_T

Stoke already skint? on 10:40 - Jan 10 by icecoldjack

Yep, let's not worry about stoke, their owner won't be asset stripping them, ours will and have been. if their new manager wants to play football they have the players to do it, at least with Joe Allen and Ash he's got a good base to work from.

He may have a problem getting clucas to pass and move though.

What money have they taken out of the club? It's not asset stripping if the money raised is being used to pay players and staff.
Stoke already skint? on 11:07 - Jan 10 with 1867 viewsomarjack

First time I agree with you. And I never cared for Ryan Woods btw..I just thought we should have invested a bit more than the paltry amount we spent in the summer.

Stoke spent 45 m on rubbish tbh..if they had spent it more wisely, they would have been flying. Who spends 5 m on McClean FFS? 10 m for Ince etc..that was their downfall.

All what the fans wanted is some reasonable spending to give us a realistic chance at promotion. Celina is good. We needed a striker and a holding midfielder (perhaps one of them on loan), a better winger than Asoro or McKay on loan perhaps..keep Fernandez and that would have cost us extra 15-20 including wages. A lot of money it might seem. But if spent in the right place it could have been worth it. And still kept a 20-25 m net transfer deficit. Instead we sold any player we could any sort of offer for, and spent a very minimal amount for replacements. That was hard to defend, and it shows as we are struggling in the league right now.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Stoke already skint? on 11:19 - Jan 10 with 1847 viewsjasper_T

Stoke already skint? on 11:07 - Jan 10 by omarjack

First time I agree with you. And I never cared for Ryan Woods btw..I just thought we should have invested a bit more than the paltry amount we spent in the summer.

Stoke spent 45 m on rubbish tbh..if they had spent it more wisely, they would have been flying. Who spends 5 m on McClean FFS? 10 m for Ince etc..that was their downfall.

All what the fans wanted is some reasonable spending to give us a realistic chance at promotion. Celina is good. We needed a striker and a holding midfielder (perhaps one of them on loan), a better winger than Asoro or McKay on loan perhaps..keep Fernandez and that would have cost us extra 15-20 including wages. A lot of money it might seem. But if spent in the right place it could have been worth it. And still kept a 20-25 m net transfer deficit. Instead we sold any player we could any sort of offer for, and spent a very minimal amount for replacements. That was hard to defend, and it shows as we are struggling in the league right now.

We evidently didn't need any new wingers when we had James, Dyer and Routledge, none of whom started the season in the matchday squad (wait actually Dyer made the bench).

I'm still hopeful McKay will prove good value. I like him as a 10.
Stoke already skint? on 11:19 - Jan 10 with 1846 viewsmagicdaps10

Stoke already skint? on 11:07 - Jan 10 by omarjack

Are we struggling in the league?

At times, this season has been frustrating. I for one am more than content with our league position taking all factors into consideration.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024