Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No January incomings as we all expected? 14:05 - Jan 10 with 4519 viewsSwansea93

"When I look at the performances at Villa and Reading and the second half at Wigan, I still think there’s more to come from this group of players and that could be more valuable than any signing"

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

No January incomings as we all expected? on 14:09 - Jan 10 with 3545 views34dfgdf54

Interesting he's said talks are going on with Fer though.
No January incomings as we all expected? on 14:53 - Jan 10 with 3441 viewsLeonWasGod

End of the month, it'll be:
"I'm really please to have Tom back fully training with the group. He's going to be like a new signing for us".

I wasn't expecting anything, so no surprise. The group have done well, it's be nice to give them a bit of extra help to really try and push for a PO place though.
No January incomings as we all expected? on 15:59 - Jan 10 with 3285 viewsdobjack2

We can only beat what is in front of us but Reading were poor and Villa made a number of changes.

I’ll wait to see how we get on in our next game.
No January incomings as we all expected? on 16:04 - Jan 10 with 3276 viewshobo

I'm sure I remember Huw saying in the Summer that we'll try to get through the first half of the season and then do our main transfer dealings in January....
No January incomings as we all expected? on 16:15 - Jan 10 with 3239 viewsmagicdaps10

Personally, I feel a centre half should be a priority this window.

With VDH not signed on and CCV only on loan, it is not out of the realms of possibility that come the summer, we could be left with only Rodon and Harries. Would be a big ask for someone coming in the summer with only a month or two to adapt alongside one of two young centre halves.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

No January incomings as we all expected? on 16:31 - Jan 10 with 3179 viewsjasper_T

No January incomings as we all expected? on 16:04 - Jan 10 by hobo

I'm sure I remember Huw saying in the Summer that we'll try to get through the first half of the season and then do our main transfer dealings in January....

If true he seems to be contradicting his bosses a lot this season.
No January incomings as we all expected? on 16:32 - Jan 10 with 3175 views34dfgdf54

No January incomings as we all expected? on 16:15 - Jan 10 by magicdaps10

With VDH not signed on and CCV only on loan, it is not out of the realms of possibility that come the summer, we could be left with only Rodon and Harries. Would be a big ask for someone coming in the summer with only a month or two to adapt alongside one of two young centre halves.

Potter will know that aswell, hence him giving as much time as possible to Harries imo.

Whatever happens we’ll need at least some of the second batch of parachute payments to strengthen the side next summer. Without some investment, and more exits, we could be in sh*t street.

We’ll know at the end of summer window what the ambitions of the yanks are.
No January incomings as we all expected? on 16:33 - Jan 10 with 3167 viewsjasper_T

No January incomings as we all expected? on 16:15 - Jan 10 by magicdaps10

Champions League goalscorer Ben Cabango is back from loan.
Login to get fewer ads

No January incomings as we all expected? on 16:40 - Jan 10 with 3132 views34dfgdf54

No January incomings as we all expected? on 16:33 - Jan 10 by jasper_T

Champions League goalscorer Ben Cabango is back from loan.

He went back to TNS I thought I read?
No January incomings as we all expected? on 16:53 - Jan 10 with 3097 viewsjasper_T

No January incomings as we all expected? on 16:40 - Jan 10 by 34dfgdf54

He went back to TNS I thought I read?

Not seen that anywhere.
No January incomings as we all expected? on 17:29 - Jan 10 with 2996 viewspencoedjack

No January incomings as we all expected? on 14:53 - Jan 10 by LeonWasGod

End of the month, it'll be:
"I'm really please to have Tom back fully training with the group. He's going to be like a new signing for us".

I wasn't expecting anything, so no surprise. The group have done well, it's be nice to give them a bit of extra help to really try and push for a PO place though.

Let's hope it is a new player with regards to Tom.
No January incomings as we all expected? on 17:52 - Jan 10 with 2926 viewsLoyal

Yeah, but you are forgetting, hes a fcking liar.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

No January incomings as we all expected? on 18:41 - Jan 10 with 2832 viewsBadlands

Could see the same scenario playing out this January -

"I can tell you now, we agreed with Atletico Madrid to bring in Gaitan and Gameiro. Gaitan is a national team player for Argentina, Gameiro is a French international.

"We agreed about these players and afterwards they didn't want to come. It wasn't about money.

"I had the support of the chairman and the American investors to try and bring in players.

"But they didn't want to come because we were in the last position and they were afraid about having a relegation on their CV so they refused to come."

Carlos Carvalhal

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

No January incomings as we all expected? on 18:50 - Jan 10 with 2800 viewsdameedna

No January incomings as we all expected? on 18:41 - Jan 10 by Badlands

Could see the same scenario playing out this January -

"I can tell you now, we agreed with Atletico Madrid to bring in Gaitan and Gameiro. Gaitan is a national team player for Argentina, Gameiro is a French international.

"We agreed about these players and afterwards they didn't want to come. It wasn't about money.

"I had the support of the chairman and the American investors to try and bring in players.

"But they didn't want to come because we were in the last position and they were afraid about having a relegation on their CV so they refused to come."

Carlos Carvalhal

The Carlos comments are interesting. Ta.
No January incomings as we all expected? on 20:57 - Jan 10 with 2556 viewswaynekerr55

To quote Fergie "if they served me pasta and sauce I'd check under the sauce to see if it was pasta"...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

No January incomings as we all expected? on 21:39 - Jan 10 with 2470 viewskarnataka

Yes, what he didn't say is that "our main transfer dealings" could consist of players leaving rather than joining.
No January incomings as we all expected? on 22:20 - Jan 10 with 2373 viewslonglostjack

How many players do we still have on Premier League wages ? Given that the parachute payments are paid to help teams cope with paying such players ?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

No January incomings as we all expected? on 01:01 - Jan 11 with 2240 viewsHighjack

No January incomings as we all expected? on 20:57 - Jan 10 by waynekerr55

To quote Fergie "if they served me pasta and sauce I'd check under the sauce to see if it was pasta"...

Yeah but you can’t blame her for not being very trusting. She was married to Prince Andrew after all.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

No January incomings as we all expected? on 01:28 - Jan 11 with 2223 viewstheloneranger

Swans v Bristol City program

CHAIRMAN'S COLUMN: BRISTOL CITY
Sat 25 Aug 2018,

"We may add a couple of loan players before next Friday’s transfer deadline, while we have a further opportunity to change things around once more in January to add the final touches to the squad and give ourselves a fighting chance to compete and get stronger as the season unfolds."

PLUS ... Exciting news

https://socceronsunday.com/article/swansea-bought-worlds-richest-man/
[Post edited 11 Jan 2019 1:31]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

No January incomings as we all expected? on 01:35 - Jan 11 with 2215 viewsjasper_T

No January incomings as we all expected? on 01:28 - Jan 11 by theloneranger

Sat 25 Aug 2018,

"We may add a couple of loan players before next Friday’s transfer deadline, while we have a further opportunity to change things around once more in January to add the final touches to the squad and give ourselves a fighting chance to compete and get stronger as the season unfolds."

PLUS ... Exciting news

So nothing about promising "our main transfer business", then?
No January incomings as we all expected? on 07:19 - Jan 11 with 2094 viewsmagicdaps10

No January incomings as we all expected? on 01:35 - Jan 11 by jasper_T

So nothing about promising "our main transfer business", then?

Final touches to our squad in January suggests to me that he knew the squad was not complete.

I await the excuses come Feb 1st.

The man just needs to keep his mouth closed, his pen lid on or his laptop off. He is becoming a liability and is PR disaster.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

No January incomings as we all expected? on 07:30 - Jan 11 with 2078 viewsbuilthjack

If he's doing it he needs to do it now. No last few hour buys at inflated prices that then turn out to be absolute flops.
Just give Potter the money now and let him decide.
Or be truthful and say you sold to a bunch of cretins who haven't got a pot to pee in.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

No January incomings as we all expected? on 07:46 - Jan 11 with 2049 viewsLeonWasGod

No January incomings as we all expected? on 01:28 - Jan 11 by theloneranger

Sat 25 Aug 2018,

PLUS ... Exciting news

There’s an “opportunity”. I remember at the time thinking he chose his words very carefully as that doesn’t mean we’ll take it. Maybe I was over analysing it though.
No January incomings as we all expected? on 09:34 - Jan 11 with 1940 viewsJinxy

Given where we are in terms of table position and development, we probably don't need loan players IMO. They are more or less either to avoid relegation, push for promotion, cups, Europe, covering injuries and so on. The only other scenario would be a try-before-you buy arrangement where the player may be a longer term prospect.

So, given the usually inflated prices and sparser availability in Jan, it may not be sensible to bring anyone in unless they fit GP's longer term plan. I think the summer will be more indicative of the club's ambitions in the shorter term?
No January incomings as we all expected? on 09:47 - Jan 11 with 1912 viewsLoyal

No January incomings as we all expected? on 07:46 - Jan 11 by LeonWasGod

There’s an “opportunity”. I remember at the time thinking he chose his words very carefully as that doesn’t mean we’ll take it. Maybe I was over analysing it though.

It's the difference between a brick and a stone Chico.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024