Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No January incomings as we all expected? 14:05 - Jan 10 with 4515 viewsSwansea93

"When I look at the performances at Villa and Reading and the second half at Wigan, I still think there’s more to come from this group of players and that could be more valuable than any signing"

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

No January incomings as we all expected? on 13:49 - Jan 11 with 953 viewsBadlands

Potter's brief was to develop younger players and use the academy more ad possibly bring in younger players who could form the basis of a sustainable and competitive squad as he had done in Sweden.
So, other than left back we probably don't need any new players unless some leave (Nordfledt is trying hard after twice being persuaded to stay but Benda could be good enough as understudy.)
If Bony leaves we will need another striker but should we consider Biabi who appears to have stepped up a little.
Interestingly 6 of our current regulars were sent out on loan last season so it shows these players can be brought on.
I see the summer as the period when we all see significant change and next season. This season we will continue to see youngsters being brought on but experienced players being essential.
Next season those youngsters, if still here (I can see Celina and Astro leaving albeit for different reasons) having to stand up for themselves.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

No January incomings as we all expected? on 13:51 - Jan 11 with 950 views34dfgdf54

No January incomings as we all expected? on 09:34 - Jan 11 by Jinxy

Given where we are in terms of table position and development, we probably don't need loan players IMO. They are more or less either to avoid relegation, push for promotion, cups, Europe, covering injuries and so on. The only other scenario would be a try-before-you buy arrangement where the player may be a longer term prospect.

So, given the usually inflated prices and sparser availability in Jan, it may not be sensible to bring anyone in unless they fit GP's longer term plan. I think the summer will be more indicative of the club's ambitions in the shorter term?

Completely agree that the summer will be more indicative of what the owners ambitions are. What I will say though, is at present we are 7 points from play off, with plenty of time to make up the points, we’ve far outdone what many including me expected and if Huw was telling the truth in his programme notes, he, and the owners will give resources to Potter to strengthen some problem positions such as Left Back and CDM.
No January incomings as we all expected? on 15:03 - Jan 11 with 874 viewsdobjack2

No January incomings as we all expected? on 09:34 - Jan 11 by Jinxy

Given where we are in terms of table position and development, we probably don't need loan players IMO. They are more or less either to avoid relegation, push for promotion, cups, Europe, covering injuries and so on. The only other scenario would be a try-before-you buy arrangement where the player may be a longer term prospect.

So, given the usually inflated prices and sparser availability in Jan, it may not be sensible to bring anyone in unless they fit GP's longer term plan. I think the summer will be more indicative of the club's ambitions in the shorter term?

Depends on what the owners are looking for from this season.

My take is to offload the bigger earners and not get relegated.

Like most I don’t expect anyone to come in unless some leave.

The VDH contract situation is a concern and he would need replacing if he doesn’t sign.
No January incomings as we all expected? on 15:16 - Jan 11 with 860 viewsswan65split

MY 3 words Jenkins F@@K off!

No January incomings as we all expected? on 15:27 - Jan 11 with 847 viewsLeonWasGod

No January incomings as we all expected? on 15:16 - Jan 11 by swan65split

MY 3 words Jenkins F@@K off!

That doesn't rhyme though. What about 'fook you Huw'? 😂
No January incomings as we all expected? on 19:04 - Jan 11 with 708 viewsswan65split

No January incomings as we all expected? on 15:27 - Jan 11 by LeonWasGod

That doesn't rhyme though. What about 'fook you Huw'? 😂

..Brill

Poetry doesnt have to rhyme, jut get the point across, I may have to put pen too paper and come up with something longer.
No January incomings as we all expected? on 21:06 - Jan 11 with 652 viewsSmellyplumz

No January incomings as we all expected? on 16:32 - Jan 10 by 34dfgdf54

Potter will know that aswell, hence him giving as much time as possible to Harries imo.

Whatever happens we’ll need at least some of the second batch of parachute payments to strengthen the side next summer. Without some investment, and more exits, we could be in sh*t street.

We’ll know at the end of summer window what the ambitions of the yanks are.

🤣 Fair play. I think it's obvs what the yanks ambitions are.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

No January incomings as we all expected? on 21:07 - Jan 11 with 648 viewsSmellyplumz

No January incomings as we all expected? on 16:33 - Jan 10 by jasper_T

Champions League goalscorer Ben Cabango is back from loan.

I heard he canbango them in mind.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024