Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer News Latest! 19:43 - Jan 10 with 10592 viewsWingstandwood

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46826764

There are ongoing discussions with Fer and there ain't arf not much money left!

Argus!

Transfer News Latest! on 20:12 - Jan 10 with 6524 viewsGaryjack

Sorry, but can't be bothered trawling through companies house, but can anyone put up what our wage bill has been the last two or three years?
Transfer News Latest! on 20:13 - Jan 10 with 6523 viewsSwanzay

The next level....
Transfer News Latest! on 20:15 - Jan 10 with 6511 viewsWarwickHunt

Just prolong the negotiatons - he’ll be knackered after an hour and will agree to anything.
Transfer News Latest! on 20:16 - Jan 10 with 6508 viewsWingstandwood

Transfer News Latest! on 20:15 - Jan 10 by WarwickHunt

Just prolong the negotiatons - he’ll be knackered after an hour and will agree to anything.

Argus!

Transfer News Latest! on 20:20 - Jan 10 with 6489 viewssainthelens

If we are talking numbers , we need to get builthy involved.
Transfer News Latest! on 20:27 - Jan 10 with 6449 viewsMuteswan

Transfer News Latest! on 20:20 - Jan 10 by sainthelens

If we are talking numbers , we need to get builthy involved.

Or get Shaky in there, he could “copy and paste” him into anything. 😉
Transfer News Latest! on 20:31 - Jan 10 with 6432 viewsLoyal

Odd potter would be so open ...
Obviously fighting Huws fires for him.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Transfer News Latest! on 20:35 - Jan 10 with 6416 views34dfgdf54

Transfer News Latest! on 20:31 - Jan 10 by Loyal

Odd potter would be so open ...
Obviously fighting Huws fires for him.

So he should aswell after the programme notes by Jenkins the other day.

Pathetic attempt at passing the buck by Jenkins, just no one dull enough to fall for it anymore, not even WOL.
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer News Latest! on 20:59 - Jan 10 with 6299 views_

There's also the very real possibility that Potter is keeping things on the QT and downplaying the myth that parachute payments mean Clubs are awash in money.

There's still the chance players could come in, he's just not making a song and dance about it.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Transfer News Latest! on 21:04 - Jan 10 with 6274 viewsmagicdaps10

Transfer News Latest! on 20:59 - Jan 10 by _

There's also the very real possibility that Potter is keeping things on the QT and downplaying the myth that parachute payments mean Clubs are awash in money.

There's still the chance players could come in, he's just not making a song and dance about it.

Fair point.

If he states they are in the market, clubs will ultimately look for a higher fee if we came calling.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Transfer News Latest! on 21:06 - Jan 10 with 6266 viewsmonmouth

Transfer News Latest! on 20:27 - Jan 10 by Muteswan

Or get Shaky in there, he could “copy and paste” him into anything. 😉

Shaky’s too hungover. He threw a party that lasted all night.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Transfer News Latest! on 21:11 - Jan 10 with 6240 viewsswan65split

Transfer News Latest! on 20:59 - Jan 10 by _

Pass the Kleenex.
Transfer News Latest! on 21:32 - Jan 10 with 6156 viewsQJumpingJack

I am not sure or convinced Potter needs new players in the January transfer market.
We are heading for mid-table this season - which is fine - so why spend on players now?
Transfer News Latest! on 21:34 - Jan 10 with 6150 viewsLandore_Jack

Haven't got a pot to piss in comes to mind....

#backtojack

Transfer News Latest! on 22:03 - Jan 10 with 6087 viewsGaryjack

Transfer News Latest! on 20:12 - Jan 10 by Garyjack

Sorry, but can't be bothered trawling through companies house, but can anyone put up what our wage bill has been the last two or three years?

Anyone?
Transfer News Latest! on 22:03 - Jan 10 with 6075 viewsGowerjack

Transfer News Latest! on 21:06 - Jan 10 by monmouth

Shaky’s too hungover. He threw a party that lasted all night.

I've always said that we should watch that man...

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Transfer News Latest! on 22:09 - Jan 10 with 6048 viewsjasper_T

Transfer News Latest! on 20:12 - Jan 10 by Garyjack

Last season - Not published yet
16/17 - £98.7m
15/16 - £81.8m
14/15 - £82.5m (14 month period)
Transfer News Latest! on 22:20 - Jan 10 with 6011 viewsGaryjack

Transfer News Latest! on 22:09 - Jan 10 by jasper_T

Last season - Not published yet
16/17 - £98.7m
15/16 - £81.8m
14/15 - £82.5m (14 month period)

Ooph! Thanks Jasp.
Transfer News Latest! on 23:45 - Jan 10 with 5852 viewsLeonWasGod

Transfer News Latest! on 21:34 - Jan 10 by Landore_Jack

Haven't got a pot to piss in comes to mind....

Trouble is the Americans want the club to at least break even or ideally make a profit. Hardly anyone in this league is able to operate like that consistently. Most/all clubs need additional funding from the owners or sometimes external financing to balance the books. Parachute payments are their safety net, so I can’t see them wanting to spend any more than they absolutely have to.

I expect we’ll find out fairly soon (over the course of the next 2 years) that this division is too expensive for our hedge fund backers.
Transfer News Latest! on 09:20 - Jan 11 with 5622 viewswestwalesed

Transfer News Latest! on 23:45 - Jan 10 by LeonWasGod

Trouble is the Americans want the club to at least break even or ideally make a profit. Hardly anyone in this league is able to operate like that consistently. Most/all clubs need additional funding from the owners or sometimes external financing to balance the books. Parachute payments are their safety net, so I can’t see them wanting to spend any more than they absolutely have to.

I expect we’ll find out fairly soon (over the course of the next 2 years) that this division is too expensive for our hedge fund backers.

Excellent point and one which I hadn't considered. Obviously I am aware the Consortium wants to see a return on their purchase, but I hadn't thought they may want to see that year on year. So instead of playing the long game - speculate to accumulate and make your money in the Premier League they are cutting costs everywhere to make a profit every 12 months.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Transfer News Latest! on 10:17 - Jan 11 with 5565 viewsjasper_T

Transfer News Latest! on 09:20 - Jan 11 by westwalesed

Excellent point and one which I hadn't considered. Obviously I am aware the Consortium wants to see a return on their purchase, but I hadn't thought they may want to see that year on year. So instead of playing the long game - speculate to accumulate and make your money in the Premier League they are cutting costs everywhere to make a profit every 12 months.

The club made a profit its first year under the new owners but they haven't paid out a dividend so far so the investment group (and other shareholders) haven't seen a return. The money stayed in the club.

I doubt we made a profit last season with all the expensive incomings.
Transfer News Latest! on 10:29 - Jan 11 with 5542 viewsmonmouth

Transfer News Latest! on 10:17 - Jan 11 by jasper_T

The club made a profit its first year under the new owners but they haven't paid out a dividend so far so the investment group (and other shareholders) haven't seen a return. The money stayed in the club.

I doubt we made a profit last season with all the expensive incomings.

They’ll never pay a dividend while the Trust has 21%.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Transfer News Latest! on 10:44 - Jan 11 with 5508 viewsjasper_T

Transfer News Latest! on 10:29 - Jan 11 by monmouth

They’ll never pay a dividend while the Trust has 21%.

If they're only after profit this is cutting off your nose to spite your face. A £13m profit their first year and they balk at a 21% share of a potential payment going a certain direction?

Getting rid of the Trust is is a very expensive proposition (either buying them out or diluting their shareholding) so if the plan was to generate year on year income they're going to have to deal with that 21% just as they have to deal with the other shareholders - those within their consortium and without - taking significant cuts (Huw Jenkins still owns 5% doesn't he?).
Transfer News Latest! on 10:46 - Jan 11 with 5502 views_

Transfer News Latest! on 23:45 - Jan 10 by LeonWasGod

Or we do things as we've been doing and as we have for the last 15 years and try to stay ahead of the game without breaking the bank.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Transfer News Latest! on 10:47 - Jan 11 with 5500 views_

Transfer News Latest! on 09:20 - Jan 11 by westwalesed

Are you been serious here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024