Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Andy Murray dead? 18:04 - Jan 11 with 6124 viewsNogginthenog

Tributes pouring in. Ffs hes got an injury and has to retire, he hasnt done bad over the years.. headline news BBC. I despair.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2019 18:04]
Is Andy Murray dead? on 13:42 - Jan 12 with 1299 viewsunion_jack

Is Andy Murray dead? on 13:24 - Jan 12 by Cooperman

That’s a silly comment.

If everything you had strived for in your career quickly disappeared in front of your eyes would you not be emotional? And don’t play the ‘he’s loaded’ card as monetary gain is very clearly of secondary importance to him.

You’re one of the few people on this thread making any sense. Of course he’s loaded, he’ll never want for anything money can buy within reason. No, he won’t have to wait in a long line for his next hip operation!! He’s made that way. He’ll get a nice job in the media to stay close to the game he loves.

But he’ll never walk onto a tennis court in anger, win another tournament / Grand Slam. That’s what he strives for now.

I’ve a feeling he won’t get through Monday’s match. If not, it’s a sad day for British tennis fans. He had his flaws and I’ve made reference to them on here many times, but the likes of Andy Murray won’t be Produced by this country any time soon.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Is Andy Murray dead? on 14:09 - Jan 12 with 1274 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Is Andy Murray dead? on 13:24 - Jan 12 by Cooperman

That’s a silly comment.

If everything you had strived for in your career quickly disappeared in front of your eyes would you not be emotional? And don’t play the ‘he’s loaded’ card as monetary gain is very clearly of secondary importance to him.

One of the most fortunate people on the planet with a public display of self pity. He has a lot more to be grateful for than sorry for. People like Alex Zinardi put his actions into context, Andy Murray will be fine.
I don't buy into the poor Andy narrative.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2019 14:17]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Is Andy Murray dead? on 14:39 - Jan 12 with 1249 viewsunion_jack

Is Andy Murray dead? on 14:09 - Jan 12 by JACKMANANDBOY

One of the most fortunate people on the planet with a public display of self pity. He has a lot more to be grateful for than sorry for. People like Alex Zinardi put his actions into context, Andy Murray will be fine.
I don't buy into the poor Andy narrative.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2019 14:17]

Of course Murray will be fine. The point is that he’s having to give it up before time. He’s naturally upset and I’ve great sympathy for him. Nothing to do with how much he’s earned or ease in receiving treatment.

That said, I was rather perplexed how this story made headline news on the day given what’s going on at the moment. That I disagreed with. But Murray didn’t ask for that.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Is Andy Murray dead? on 15:33 - Jan 12 with 1216 viewsexiledclaseboy

Is Andy Murray dead? on 13:42 - Jan 12 by union_jack

You’re one of the few people on this thread making any sense. Of course he’s loaded, he’ll never want for anything money can buy within reason. No, he won’t have to wait in a long line for his next hip operation!! He’s made that way. He’ll get a nice job in the media to stay close to the game he loves.

But he’ll never walk onto a tennis court in anger, win another tournament / Grand Slam. That’s what he strives for now.

I’ve a feeling he won’t get through Monday’s match. If not, it’s a sad day for British tennis fans. He had his flaws and I’ve made reference to them on here many times, but the likes of Andy Murray won’t be Produced by this country any time soon.

What an excellent post couldn’t have put it better myself. Murray has played in tennis’s greatest era and held his own with three of the finest who have ever lived. He deserves all the good wishes and tributes that come his way. This nonsense about it being all over the news is daft. It’s on the news cos people are interested.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2019 15:34]

Poll: Tory leader

Is Andy Murray dead? on 15:58 - Jan 12 with 1190 viewsJackSomething

Is Andy Murray dead? on 15:33 - Jan 12 by exiledclaseboy

What an excellent post couldn’t have put it better myself. Murray has played in tennis’s greatest era and held his own with three of the finest who have ever lived. He deserves all the good wishes and tributes that come his way. This nonsense about it being all over the news is daft. It’s on the news cos people are interested.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2019 15:34]

Indeed. Lot of jealousy, bitterness and envy being exposed in this thread.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Is Andy Murray dead? on 16:33 - Jan 12 with 1174 viewsLohengrin

Is Andy Murray dead? on 19:34 - Jan 11 by exiledclaseboy

Possibly Britain’s greatest ever sportsperson.

“Sportsperson!”

Is the official position of the Harriet Harman School of Sporting Commentary?
[Post edited 12 Jan 2019 18:58]

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Is Andy Murray dead? on 16:37 - Jan 12 with 1171 viewsexiledclaseboy

Is Andy Murray dead? on 16:33 - Jan 12 by Lohengrin

“Sportsperson!”

Is the official position of the Harriet Harman School of Sporting Commentary?
[Post edited 12 Jan 2019 18:58]

Eh?

Is Andy Murray dead? on 16:50 - Jan 12 with 1166 viewsLohengrin

Is Andy Murray dead? on 16:37 - Jan 12 by exiledclaseboy

Eh?

I was chuckling at the PC idiom, Clase.

Login to get fewer ads

Is Andy Murray dead? on 16:52 - Jan 12 with 1163 viewsWingstandwood

Is Andy Murray dead? on 13:26 - Jan 12 by Lohengrin

Bert Trautmann would shudder at the spectacle...

What an absolute toughie I put him in the same bracket as Buck Shelford who carried on playing with an horrendous testicle injury or Ali boxing on against Ken Norton with a broken jaw etc, etc, etc.

Natural toughness when enhanced further by punishing (Trautmann's case) army and sports discipline/training or by doing a dangerous job, or by doing a physically demanding job really does turn some individuals into supreme physical and psychological specimens.

Love the words used to push someone on the verge of quitting " It's not the body and muscles that do the work, it's the mind".

Argus!

Is Andy Murray dead? on 17:10 - Jan 12 with 1140 viewsjackportis

He is so dour and has no charisma. I expect sports direct will bring out a clothing range now. He needs to get a grip and jp finds his crying in the press conference ridiculous.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Is Andy Murray dead? on 17:17 - Jan 12 with 1127 viewsexiledclaseboy

Is Andy Murray dead? on 16:50 - Jan 12 by Lohengrin

I was chuckling at the PC idiom, Clase.

No idea what you’re on about.

Is Andy Murray dead? on 17:18 - Jan 12 with 1124 viewsLohengrin

Is Andy Murray dead? on 16:52 - Jan 12 by Wingstandwood

What an absolute toughie I put him in the same bracket as Buck Shelford who carried on playing with an horrendous testicle injury or Ali boxing on against Ken Norton with a broken jaw etc, etc, etc.

Natural toughness when enhanced further by punishing (Trautmann's case) army and sports discipline/training or by doing a dangerous job, or by doing a physically demanding job really does turn some individuals into supreme physical and psychological specimens.

Love the words used to push someone on the verge of quitting " It's not the body and muscles that do the work, it's the mind".

A special breed. I always shy away from applying the noun ‘heroic’ to sporting endeavour as it seems woefully misapplied and quite ridiculous but there are exceptions and you’ve just listed three.

Is Andy Murray dead? on 17:27 - Jan 12 with 1118 viewsLohengrin

Is Andy Murray dead? on 17:17 - Jan 12 by exiledclaseboy

No idea what you’re on about.

Have Civil Service ‘diversity courses’ rendered you constitutionally incapable of employing ‘Man’ as a descriptor even as you laud a male?

You knew full well what I was laughing at, you awkward bugger!

Is Andy Murray dead? on 17:35 - Jan 12 with 1113 viewsdickythorpe

"a glorious insignificance" someone once said about sport. Murray won't have to go to food banks, work extra shifts with illness or ailments just to make ends meet.
I'm sure an insurance policy will pay him millions and provide his mother with more injections for that "permanent grin" she's had ever since he won anything major.
Tennis??? FFS
Is Andy Murray dead? on 17:42 - Jan 12 with 1103 viewsexiledclaseboy

Is Andy Murray dead? on 17:27 - Jan 12 by Lohengrin

Have Civil Service ‘diversity courses’ rendered you constitutionally incapable of employing ‘Man’ as a descriptor even as you laud a male?

You knew full well what I was laughing at, you awkward bugger!

I’ve never been on a diversity course in my life.

I was referring to both men and women. Hence the use of the word “person”. I’d have though that was self evident.

Is Andy Murray dead? on 17:48 - Jan 12 with 1095 viewsexiledclaseboy

Is Andy Murray dead? on 17:35 - Jan 12 by dickythorpe

"a glorious insignificance" someone once said about sport. Murray won't have to go to food banks, work extra shifts with illness or ailments just to make ends meet.
I'm sure an insurance policy will pay him millions and provide his mother with more injections for that "permanent grin" she's had ever since he won anything major.
Tennis??? FFS

Ah. The upshot is that you don’t like tennis.

Is Andy Murray dead? on 17:57 - Jan 12 with 1087 viewsLohengrin

Is Andy Murray dead? on 17:42 - Jan 12 by exiledclaseboy

I’ve never been on a diversity course in my life.

I was referring to both men and women. Hence the use of the word “person”. I’d have though that was self evident.

Is Andy Murray dead? on 18:00 - Jan 12 with 1080 viewslifelong

Darts fans will say Phil Taylor was possibly the best sportsperson ever.
Is Andy Murray dead? on 18:01 - Jan 12 with 1075 viewsexiledclaseboy

Is Andy Murray dead? on 18:00 - Jan 12 by lifelong

Darts fans will say Phil Taylor was possibly the best sportsperson ever.

They will and they’d have a fair argument.

Is Andy Murray dead? on 18:18 - Jan 12 with 1051 viewsdickythorpe

Is Andy Murray dead? on 17:48 - Jan 12 by exiledclaseboy

Ah. The upshot is that you don’t like tennis.

You are very sensitive and perhaps due to your love in with Murray you fail to see that his tears are irrelevant to the rest of us.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2019 18:22]
Is Andy Murray dead? on 18:23 - Jan 12 with 1039 viewsdickythorpe

Is Andy Murray dead? on 18:01 - Jan 12 by exiledclaseboy

They will and they’d have a fair argument.

Doesn't cry see.
Is Andy Murray dead? on 18:36 - Jan 12 with 1027 viewsraynor94

Is Andy Murray dead? on 13:42 - Jan 12 by union_jack

What a brilliant post, sums the situation up perfectly, a lot of bitter people on here

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Is Andy Murray dead? on 18:36 - Jan 12 with 1026 viewsexiledclaseboy

Is Andy Murray dead? on 18:18 - Jan 12 by dickythorpe

You are very sensitive and perhaps due to your love in with Murray you fail to see that his tears are irrelevant to the rest of us.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2019 18:22]

Sensitive. Ha. Hark at her. His tears are irrelevant to me as well old son. He’ll be fine, as I said. Your pseudo caring nonsense about food banks is also entirely irrelevant.

Is Andy Murray dead? on 18:42 - Jan 12 with 1019 viewslifelong

Is Andy Murray dead? on 18:36 - Jan 12 by raynor94

What a brilliant post, sums the situation up perfectly, a lot of bitter people on here

I don’t think people are bitter but, the country is on the verge of going down the tubes and the BBC decide to headline the retirement of a Tennis player. The afternoon headline was for at least 10 minutes, the evening headline not so long.
Is Andy Murray dead? on 18:51 - Jan 12 with 1004 viewsraynor94

Is Andy Murray dead? on 18:42 - Jan 12 by lifelong

I don’t think people are bitter but, the country is on the verge of going down the tubes and the BBC decide to headline the retirement of a Tennis player. The afternoon headline was for at least 10 minutes, the evening headline not so long.

Well, read through all posts on this thread, plenty of bitterness oozing out.

I do agree it shouldn't have had the main headline, but surely he will go down as one of the finest sportsmen this Country has produced

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024