Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? 17:04 - Jan 12 with 19275 views_

And how many points have we just THROWN away this season, especially away?!

I watched that Leeds game last night and the desire, urgency and commitment of their players is immense.

You look at the way we play with the over emphasis on patience and we are just allowing teams to stay in games and get lucky from dodgy penalties or whatever.

They had a boy sent off on 81 and Potter makes a change - why he was making that change at eighty facking one minutes I don't know - doesn't he want to win games FFS?

But why not make the double sub at that point. They were shit with 11 - they were pathetic with 10 so why wait until 89 minutes before showing some facking balls??!

And the way the whole team played for the last 5 minutes was pathetic with a special pathetic mention for Celina for shooting from 35 yards and giving the ball away.

I am concerned about how passive Potter is. He needs a good shaking or a kick up the ass.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2019 17:06]

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 19:18 - Jan 12 with 1435 viewsswan65split

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 19:04 - Jan 12 by Sirjohnalot

Hi, just got back from the game. Sad fact is, at the moment, we are, at best a mid table Championship team. We were by far the better side, but missing someone who can either deliver or do something with the final pass.

PNE were very poor. If we had any serious thoughts on even being a play off team, we’d have put these guys away. The 1st half was awful, second half better and our goal was a piece of magic,

Really don’t see how Potter can be blamed when he is utilising players who aren’t good enough to challenge for promotion, or who maybe needs a gnarled, experienced midfielder to hold them together.

We clearly need reinforcements, as we are great at playing pretty football but are struggling to be clinical enough to make a difference.

Special mention for Nathan Dyer, he ran at 100%, challenging everything. Brilliant game

Spot on.
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 19:28 - Jan 12 with 1404 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 17:55 - Jan 12 by jasper_T

Our players aren't mediocre at this level. Have you not seen some of the sht that's been lining up against us?

Plenty of tools at his disposal today. Chose not to use them. One of his signings didn't come on until the game was over. Is backing him with more money realistically going to help pick up these dropped points?

The likes of James, Rodon and Roberts are far from mediocre but they are very inexperienced. Grimes has has a good season in league one but in real terms he's inexperienced too. These lads have been overachieving but there will always come a time when young players hit a wall playing against grizzled hardened championship players. It's hardly surprising that we've lost form before and around Christmas is it?

I'll give Potter criticism for not getting Routledge in particular back playing sooner but he has been let down by some of the more experienced players not giving anywhere near the level of effort or showing the level of responsibility required to help guide these youngsters through the tough times they're going to encounter through a long and punishing season.

Celina, although he had a season with Ipswich in the championship is still only 22, Mackay only 24 , Grimes 23, Rodon 21, Roberts 23, James and Harries 21, John 24, CCV 21 , Fulton 24 and Byers 22. No matter how talented these boys are if they lack nous and experience they WILL struggle.

Considering we got an away point today (and were arguably cheated out of 3 ) and are only 6 points off the playoffs with 19 games to go I think we should give Potter a break. With no real recognised striker apart from a woefully unfit and out of form Bony and two youngsters in CBR (just turned 24) and socks (23) where do people realistically see us being?

Potter should have got Jeff on earlier but he can't be blamed for players missing chances. If we'd won today this thread wouldn't have been posted . I can understand the frustration and I agree Potter should not be immune from criticism but to say he's getting a free pass as if the player recruitment situation has magically now become irrelevant since the close of the August window is ridiculously wide of the mark. If anything it's worse due to illness, injuries and plain fatigue catching up on a bunch of willing, talented but also inexperienced group of young players.

We had a great crop like this in the past who needed nursing in to the rough and tumble of league football and they managed to go all the way from 4th division to top flight. A little patience is required here please.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 19:29 - Jan 12 with 1402 viewsGlyn1

Pendulums* swing both ways.

If you're going to add all the points that we should have had, then you also have to deduct the points that we didn't deserve to get. For example, we beat Preston at home when a draw would have been a fairer result, so 4 points over both games is probably correct.

*If you're under 40, look the word up in a dictionary. Anyone seen one lately?
[Post edited 12 Jan 2019 19:31]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 19:36 - Jan 12 with 1373 viewsdickythorpe

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 19:29 - Jan 12 by Glyn1

If you're going to add all the points that we should have had, then you also have to deduct the points that we didn't deserve to get. For example, we beat Preston at home when a draw would have been a fairer result, so 4 points over both games is probably correct.

Einstein would be flummoxed
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 19:38 - Jan 12 with 1372 views_

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 19:28 - Jan 12 by Brynmill_Jack

The likes of James, Rodon and Roberts are far from mediocre but they are very inexperienced. Grimes has has a good season in league one but in real terms he's inexperienced too. These lads have been overachieving but there will always come a time when young players hit a wall playing against grizzled hardened championship players. It's hardly surprising that we've lost form before and around Christmas is it?

I'll give Potter criticism for not getting Routledge in particular back playing sooner but he has been let down by some of the more experienced players not giving anywhere near the level of effort or showing the level of responsibility required to help guide these youngsters through the tough times they're going to encounter through a long and punishing season.

Celina, although he had a season with Ipswich in the championship is still only 22, Mackay only 24 , Grimes 23, Rodon 21, Roberts 23, James and Harries 21, John 24, CCV 21 , Fulton 24 and Byers 22. No matter how talented these boys are if they lack nous and experience they WILL struggle.

Considering we got an away point today (and were arguably cheated out of 3 ) and are only 6 points off the playoffs with 19 games to go I think we should give Potter a break. With no real recognised striker apart from a woefully unfit and out of form Bony and two youngsters in CBR (just turned 24) and socks (23) where do people realistically see us being?

Potter should have got Jeff on earlier but he can't be blamed for players missing chances. If we'd won today this thread wouldn't have been posted . I can understand the frustration and I agree Potter should not be immune from criticism but to say he's getting a free pass as if the player recruitment situation has magically now become irrelevant since the close of the August window is ridiculously wide of the mark. If anything it's worse due to illness, injuries and plain fatigue catching up on a bunch of willing, talented but also inexperienced group of young players.

We had a great crop like this in the past who needed nursing in to the rough and tumble of league football and they managed to go all the way from 4th division to top flight. A little patience is required here please.

That's a great post even if I don't agree with all of it. Fair dues. Are you in the Wig and Pen as well?

And I'll answer one point.

You're right, this thread wouldn't have started had we won.

When we scored I was over the moon and celebrating like a right childish cūnt. .. My frustrations only came about as I painfully watched the last half hour of the game slip between our fingers while our manager did fack all.

That's why this thread was made.

No hidden agenda, no other bollocks, just frustration based on today

Idiots and simpletons on this site are incapable of seeing past prejudices and debating the points made.

Every single time Potter facks up the Board are to blame

Yeah, right. Pathetic.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 19:41 - Jan 12 with 1362 viewsFireboy2

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 18:31 - Jan 12 by _

Why are some of you tossers incapable of dealing with a different viewpoint to you? Look at the state of that Tail prick?

And what facking agenda? Some of you really want to grow the fack up. I'm a Swans fan with more years and games under my belt than most of you, the only facking agenda I've got is to see the club succeed, no matter who's in control of the purse strings. It's as simple as that.

This message board is full of Shite.

?
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 19:45 - Jan 12 with 1344 viewsFireboy2

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 19:04 - Jan 12 by Sirjohnalot

Hi, just got back from the game. Sad fact is, at the moment, we are, at best a mid table Championship team. We were by far the better side, but missing someone who can either deliver or do something with the final pass.

PNE were very poor. If we had any serious thoughts on even being a play off team, we’d have put these guys away. The 1st half was awful, second half better and our goal was a piece of magic,

Really don’t see how Potter can be blamed when he is utilising players who aren’t good enough to challenge for promotion, or who maybe needs a gnarled, experienced midfielder to hold them together.

We clearly need reinforcements, as we are great at playing pretty football but are struggling to be clinical enough to make a difference.

Special mention for Nathan Dyer, he ran at 100%, challenging everything. Brilliant game

Absolutely brilliant post SJA

Perfect summary of the game

CozI I went
[Post edited 12 Jan 2019 19:46]
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 19:51 - Jan 12 with 1328 viewsDarran

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 19:38 - Jan 12 by _

That's a great post even if I don't agree with all of it. Fair dues. Are you in the Wig and Pen as well?

When we scored I was over the moon and celebrating like a right childish cūnt. .. My frustrations only came about as I painfully watched the last half hour of the game slip between our fingers while our manager did fack all.

Idiots and simpletons on this site are incapable of seeing past prejudices and debating the points made.

Yeah, right. Pathetic.

This thread wouldn’t have been started if the season was going the way you’d told us it would.

Beep Beep Beep Beep

Surely nobody in their right mind could have expected anything different.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 19:57 - Jan 12 with 1314 viewsdameedna

Our squad is full of EPL experience. At present we are playing well however with some acceptance that our EpL players are better.

Narsingh should have been in the picture and Asoro would be an option as striker.

Rebuilding the squad has been Potters main directive this season.

Due to the players or injuries he has not been able to achieve a rebuild with new players by January without tempting relegation. A fail there.

Stoke is a good examples of how club go wrong.

Both the coach and club have taken the right approach this season. Looks like it is going to work out but financially we will make a significant loss this season.
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 19:57 - Jan 12 with 1314 viewsGlyn1

Brief highlights of the game from Sky. Our goal was terrific.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11605735/preston-1-1-swans

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:03 - Jan 12 with 1283 viewsFireboy2

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 19:51 - Jan 12 by Darran

This thread wouldn’t have been started if the season was going the way you’d told us it would.

Beep Beep Beep Beep

Surely nobody in their right mind could have expected anything different.

FYI Dar

I met your mate today

And guess what?

He says your a cvnt
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:05 - Jan 12 with 1279 viewsAce_Jack

Chris has had a pint and is behaving like a c**t again I see.

We scored a great goal today then the ref evened it up with an iffy penalty. It’s not the end of the world we didn’t score again. Cheer up mun ffs.
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:06 - Jan 12 with 1279 viewsairedale

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 19:29 - Jan 12 by Glyn1

There’s a few down the local I reckon are pendulums.
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:12 - Jan 12 with 1256 viewsDarran

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:03 - Jan 12 by Fireboy2

FYI Dar

I met your mate today

And guess what?

He says your a cvnt

I could prove he’s a bigger one if I needed to.
Believe me the bloke is utter scum.

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:14 - Jan 12 with 1251 views_

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:05 - Jan 12 by Ace_Jack

We scored a great goal today then the ref evened it up with an iffy penalty. It’s not the end of the world we didn’t score again. Cheer up mun ffs.

Dry January mate

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:16 - Jan 12 with 1235 viewsjasper_T

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:05 - Jan 12 by Ace_Jack

The game was there to be won, though. It's not like it was a last minute gut punch of a penalty, there was half an hour to play and Potter twiddled his thumbs and hoped for the best again.

If this was a one-off maybe it doesn't get commented on, but inaction when we've started from a winning position is becoming a pattern with Potter. We've seen more scorelines overturned than any other team in the division (both for and against). That's worth talking about. Pundits have been, and they barely watch us.

You'd expect fans to be paying a bit closer attention, even if it's not the end of the world (nothing in football is if that's your metric).
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:24 - Jan 12 with 1188 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 19:38 - Jan 12 by _

Yeah, right. Pathetic.

No up some friends house tonight. If he can only pick from a limited pool of young pro players who are going to make mistakes it's not really his fault though is it. I agree on the daft line ups he's put up pre Christmas but it seems the penny has dropped. Let's look forward not back.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:33 - Jan 12 with 1161 views_

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:24 - Jan 12 by Brynmill_Jack

No up some friends house tonight. If he can only pick from a limited pool of young pro players who are going to make mistakes it's not really his fault though is it. I agree on the daft line ups he's put up pre Christmas but it seems the penny has dropped. Let's look forward not back.

I think both he and the team need a little kick up the backside.

I think we need to play with more intensity and purpose and I think Potter needs to grab the bull by the horn and show a bit of courage with his sub's or tactics.

The amount of games we've literally thrown away is alarming.

Pussyfooting around with the likes of Bony and Montero is ridiculous as well. If that's all Bony's got these days, twenty average minutes every 3 games then leave him out. And since when did it become gospel that Montero can only play off the bench? He used to start games in the EPL.

And I'm not advocating a start for him necessarily I'm just noticing peculiar trends from Potter.

This Routledge thing is by far the worst of all though. The boy is head and shoulders above everyone else and he's played a fraction of the season.

He could never drop him now. Yet he blew him out.

That last change on 89 minutes just topped me over the edge. That alone has ruined the weekend.

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:35 - Jan 12 with 1155 viewsbuilthjack

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:33 - Jan 12 by _

I think we need to play with more intensity and purpose and I think Potter needs to grab the bull by the horn and show a bit of courage with his sub's or tactics.

Pussyfooting around with the likes of Bony and Montero is ridiculous as well. If that's all Bony's got these days, twenty average minutes every 3 games then leave him out. And since when did it become gospel that Montero can only play off the bench? He used to start games in the EPL.

And I'm not advocating a start for him necessarily I'm just noticing peculiar trends from Potter.

This Routledge thing is by far the worst of all though. The boy is head and shoulders above everyone else and he's played a fraction of the season.

That last change on 89 minutes just topped me over the edge. That alone has ruined the weekend.

Get some beer down you

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:36 - Jan 12 with 1150 viewsOldjack

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 19:57 - Jan 12 by Glyn1

Brief highlights of the game from Sky. Our goal was terrific.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11605735/preston-1-1-swans

I can see how that pen was given now ,he lifted his arm

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 21:01 - Jan 12 with 1083 viewsFireboy2

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:33 - Jan 12 by _

Its easy watching from a stream aint it
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 21:02 - Jan 12 with 1082 viewsFlashberryjack

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:36 - Jan 12 by Oldjack

I thought the ball hit his chest, no way was that a f*cking penalty.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 21:02 - Jan 12 with 1081 viewsFireboy2

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:12 - Jan 12 by Darran

I could prove he’s a bigger one if I needed to.
Believe me the bloke is utter scum.

Go on then pm me
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 21:16 - Jan 12 with 1054 viewsDarran

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 21:02 - Jan 12 by Fireboy2

Go on then pm me

No he’s said things to me in private about a couple of people on here that would make you physically sick,he’s one weird cùnt though I’m sure having met him you know that.
One of the things he said about one person in particular is so vile nobody would believe it,he’s scum.

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 21:22 - Jan 12 with 1033 viewsswan65split

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:36 - Jan 12 by Oldjack

yeah agree, but the linesman needs to be held under a strong light and questioned what the feck was he doing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024