Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? 17:04 - Jan 12 with 19325 views_

And how many points have we just THROWN away this season, especially away?!

I watched that Leeds game last night and the desire, urgency and commitment of their players is immense.

You look at the way we play with the over emphasis on patience and we are just allowing teams to stay in games and get lucky from dodgy penalties or whatever.

They had a boy sent off on 81 and Potter makes a change - why he was making that change at eighty facking one minutes I don't know - doesn't he want to win games FFS?

But why not make the double sub at that point. They were shit with 11 - they were pathetic with 10 so why wait until 89 minutes before showing some facking balls??!

And the way the whole team played for the last 5 minutes was pathetic with a special pathetic mention for Celina for shooting from 35 yards and giving the ball away.

I am concerned about how passive Potter is. He needs a good shaking or a kick up the ass.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2019 17:06]

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 11:12 - Jan 13 with 1033 viewsLeonWasGod

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 10:04 - Jan 13 by Jackfath

What a dreadful thread.

If one was to draw a Venn diagram of dreadful threads, there'd be one name slap bang in the centre of it.

Cheap Trick?
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 11:28 - Jan 13 with 998 viewsjasper_T

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 10:16 - Jan 13 by 34dfgdf54

Sorry, wrong wording, you’ll start talking about how a substitution wasn’t made at a certain time, or as T2C done last night, find a problem which wasn’t there, when he referenced the Reading game, we won 4-0, away from home.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2019 10:17]

Wanted that clean sheet. Goal difference matters in a league this tight. Only one team in top half has a worse GD than us.
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 11:32 - Jan 13 with 986 views34dfgdf54

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 11:28 - Jan 13 by jasper_T

Wanted that clean sheet. Goal difference matters in a league this tight. Only one team in top half has a worse GD than us.

This ain’t Man City now Jasp.
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 11:41 - Jan 13 with 967 views_

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 10:29 - Jan 13 by 34dfgdf54

No he can definitely do wrong. The Dyer/Routs situation is strange, but I’m pretty certain there are other factors in that, the club don’t want them on the wage bill and he tried working with what we had, thinking of the future.

The tinkering was awful, and it came to a head against Wigan. That game was a blessing in disguise, he knows he can’t get away with that in this league, it’s not Sweden.

I didn’t see the game yesterday I couldn’t find a stream, we got done by a dodgy penalty, and our main striker was out. We are better than Preston and that will show in the table come the end, but a point away isn’t the end of the world.

He’s nowhere near perfect, nor should we expect him to be at the moment, but I look at other managers in the Championship and I don’t think any apart from Bielsa could get more out of this group of players. The football at times has been quality, and he’s had one window to fix the problems of the last god knows how many. We’re not far away from being a quality side under him but we’re still going to lose more players before we bring in, it’s way too early to judge. I find the negativity around him mental to be honest.

OK, fair post and a civil one.

Did he do much in terms of fixing in the last window? You know as well as I do the team he's settled with (he admitted this last night) is 90% all down to the very hard work of SCFC.

Fans just want to ignore that and have the cheek to say we didn't plan for relegation.

It's bizarre but it fits the agenda. It's very clear the subject of the old owners / new owners can go around and around in circles with differing views becoming sacrosanct. Reality is the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Yet we go on and on and on about it.

But what's pissing me off now is we can't make constructive criticism about managerial decisions - when did that start?

Whatever one camp says the reply is always the same.

He's doing well with what he's been left with....

When the harsh reality is all he's done is get us playing more football and playing superbly gifted Swans grown players plus Celina.

No credit is given to the last 7 years in developing all that's now become good about SCFC.

And at this very moment in time, Potter isn't one of those things- 'good' - he's doing average, no more and has cost us too many points this season.

We have the players, we just haven't used them well.

I'll leave this last one from the last few games - why the hell is he switching full backs?? Naughton on the right one week, Roberts the next??

Come on, what is all that about?

I'm sorry but right now Potter thinks he's better than he is and he needs to do the basics right before needless experimenting.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 11:47 - Jan 13 with 942 viewsDarran

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 11:12 - Jan 13 by LeonWasGod

Cheap Trick?

Prick.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 12:27 - Jan 13 with 880 viewsjack247

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 11:41 - Jan 13 by _

Did he do much in terms of fixing in the last window? You know as well as I do the team he's settled with (he admitted this last night) is 90% all down to the very hard work of SCFC.

Fans just want to ignore that and have the cheek to say we didn't plan for relegation.

It's bizarre but it fits the agenda. It's very clear the subject of the old owners / new owners can go around and around in circles with differing views becoming sacrosanct. Reality is the truth is somewhere in the middle.

But what's pissing me off now is we can't make constructive criticism about managerial decisions - when did that start?

When the harsh reality is all he's done is get us playing more football and playing superbly gifted Swans grown players plus Celina.

No credit is given to the last 7 years in developing all that's now become good about SCFC.

And at this very moment in time, Potter isn't one of those things- 'good' - he's doing average, no more and has cost us too many points this season.

I'll leave this last one from the last few games - why the hell is he switching full backs?? Naughton on the right one week, Roberts the next??

I'm sorry but right now Potter thinks he's better than he is and he needs to do the basics right before needless experimenting.

There’s nothing wrong with constructively criticising Potter, he has more than merited it a few times this season, though I wouldn’t class calling him a pussy as constructive criticism.

You make lots of valid points, but you really let yourself down by not then praising the positive decisions he makes anything like as emphatically. You just come across like you’ve got an agenda, which is a shame, because your football posts, when you’re not looking for an angle to batter Potter, are as insightful as anyones on here.
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 12:40 - Jan 13 with 858 viewsexiledclaseboy

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 10:25 - Jan 13 by trampie

Quite a few don't live in Swansea or even Wales hey...………………..hmm

Yup. Not everyone lives and/or works in Swansea or wales.

Poll: Tory leader

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 12:51 - Jan 13 with 837 views34dfgdf54

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 11:41 - Jan 13 by _

He brought in a quality 10, which we have been crying out for. Mackay and Asoro have started slowly, with Asoro that is an understatement. Isn’t he 19 though? We were heading one way as a club, playing without any sort of identity (I know that sounds cringe, couldn’t think of any other way to put it), we asked to return to our possession based football, playing it from the back, he’s done that a lot quicker than I thought he would.

In my opinion a lot of people, thought this was going to be a walk in the park, I thought the opposite, the standard is low but it’s a notoriously relentless league and clubs have been caught cold in the event of relegation. Your point about not planning for relegation, I think the yanks have done the right thing this year, cut costs and make us sustainable again, but you can’t have your cake and eat it, you can’t expect immediate success while you’re shipping high earners in mass, they are obviously going to be your better players.

What I don’t get though, is at the start when everyone was Pro Potter, you made remarks on Jenkins being the one to bring him in etc. What happens now? We are only half way through his first season, does Jenkins get take responsibility when things go wrong as well as taking all the credit when things go well with you? That’s not me trying to start a bitchy argument, it’s a genuine question.
Login to get fewer ads

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 12:52 - Jan 13 with 835 views34dfgdf54

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 12:27 - Jan 13 by jack247

There’s nothing wrong with constructively criticising Potter, he has more than merited it a few times this season, though I wouldn’t class calling him a pussy as constructive criticism.

You make lots of valid points, but you really let yourself down by not then praising the positive decisions he makes anything like as emphatically. You just come across like you’ve got an agenda, which is a shame, because your football posts, when you’re not looking for an angle to batter Potter, are as insightful as anyones on here.

Jasper for example has had an agenda from the get go. That’s clear to see surely?
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 12:58 - Jan 13 with 826 viewsjack247

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 12:52 - Jan 13 by 34dfgdf54

Jasper for example has had an agenda from the get go. That’s clear to see surely?

This season certainly.
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 13:07 - Jan 13 with 813 viewsjasper_T

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 12:52 - Jan 13 by 34dfgdf54

I've been accused of being someone at the club and trying to destabilise the club, which agenda is it this time?

You don't even appear to disagree with most of my criticisms of Potter when it comes down to it (see your earlier, longer posts on his performance), you just seem to get offended that I'm voicing them, and then blatantly make stuff up (like I won't post here if we win against Sheffield "fact"... utter nonsense) to try to discredit my purely footballing opinion.
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 13:19 - Jan 13 with 799 viewslondonlisa2001

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 13:07 - Jan 13 by jasper_T

I've been accused of being someone at the club and trying to destabilise the club, which agenda is it this time?

You don't even appear to disagree with most of my criticisms of Potter when it comes down to it (see your earlier, longer posts on his performance), you just seem to get offended that I'm voicing them, and then blatantly make stuff up (like I won't post here if we win against Sheffield "fact"... utter nonsense) to try to discredit my purely footballing opinion.

Lol.

Purely footballing opinion...

Two seperate threads in the past few days-

“No idea about any Trust stuff (like what their shareholding entitles them to vs what they might be getting”

“They should be fighting for whatever their shareholding and the shareholder agreement entitles them to”

Interesting wording ‘Jasper’. Perhaps you think you’re being a lot less obvious than you are?

Admire your stamina though - it’s relentless.
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 13:22 - Jan 13 with 793 views34dfgdf54

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 13:07 - Jan 13 by jasper_T

You called me Bayram?

I do think you are, yeah.

It’s not been a few criticisms off you, it’s been relentless from the get go.
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 13:32 - Jan 13 with 778 viewsjasper_T

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 13:19 - Jan 13 by londonlisa2001

Lol.

Purely footballing opinion...

Two seperate threads in the past few days-

“No idea about any Trust stuff (like what their shareholding entitles them to vs what they might be getting”

“They should be fighting for whatever their shareholding and the shareholder agreement entitles them to”

Interesting wording ‘Jasper’. Perhaps you think you’re being a lot less obvious than you are?

Admire your stamina though - it’s relentless.

You're not being obvious enough. Who am I supposed to be?

I often reuse words and phrases. Especially with topics I know little about and should be careful with (since this is a trust-owned/affiliated forum).
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 13:38 - Jan 13 with 770 views_

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 12:51 - Jan 13 by 34dfgdf54

He brought in a quality 10, which we have been crying out for. Mackay and Asoro have started slowly, with Asoro that is an understatement. Isn’t he 19 though? We were heading one way as a club, playing without any sort of identity (I know that sounds cringe, couldn’t think of any other way to put it), we asked to return to our possession based football, playing it from the back, he’s done that a lot quicker than I thought he would.

In my opinion a lot of people, thought this was going to be a walk in the park, I thought the opposite, the standard is low but it’s a notoriously relentless league and clubs have been caught cold in the event of relegation. Your point about not planning for relegation, I think the yanks have done the right thing this year, cut costs and make us sustainable again, but you can’t have your cake and eat it, you can’t expect immediate success while you’re shipping high earners in mass, they are obviously going to be your better players.

What I don’t get though, is at the start when everyone was Pro Potter, you made remarks on Jenkins being the one to bring him in etc. What happens now? We are only half way through his first season, does Jenkins get take responsibility when things go wrong as well as taking all the credit when things go well with you? That’s not me trying to start a bitchy argument, it’s a genuine question.

It's a good question and regardless of what many people seem to want to have a go at me over, is I am not in Jenkins camp.

I think he should've been given credit for bringing in the Potter type manager as that was a nod back to the way we used to do things.

Credit to Jenkins, credit to Potter.

But that doesn't mean then that everything either of them do should be without criticism.

And 247, the pussy comment, come on, it was just any sort of word to describe that insipid second half performance. And the sub's situation was awful.

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 13:39 - Jan 13 with 763 viewslondonlisa2001

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 13:32 - Jan 13 by jasper_T

You're not being obvious enough. Who am I supposed to be?

I often reuse words and phrases. Especially with topics I know little about and should be careful with (since this is a trust-owned/affiliated forum).

A ‘Trust owned / affiliated forum’?

Gosh. I didn’t know the Trust owned this forum!! Must have agreed to buy it during one of the proper Trust meetings that was going on while I was wasting hours talking to some random people about Trust business...

Often reuse words and phrases though. Rightio. That’ll be it. Lol.
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 13:41 - Jan 13 with 758 viewsjasper_T

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 13:39 - Jan 13 by londonlisa2001

A ‘Trust owned / affiliated forum’?

Gosh. I didn’t know the Trust owned this forum!! Must have agreed to buy it during one of the proper Trust meetings that was going on while I was wasting hours talking to some random people about Trust business...

Often reuse words and phrases though. Rightio. That’ll be it. Lol.

Does Phil Sumbler not run the place? Apologies if not, I've always just assumed that was the case.
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 13:44 - Jan 13 with 750 viewswaynekerr55

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 13:41 - Jan 13 by jasper_T

Does Phil Sumbler not run the place? Apologies if not, I've always just assumed that was the case.

He does but Phil Sumbler isn't the trust - you're intelligent enough to join the dots Jasp

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 13:53 - Jan 13 with 734 viewsjack247

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 13:38 - Jan 13 by _

It's a good question and regardless of what many people seem to want to have a go at me over, is I am not in Jenkins camp.

I think he should've been given credit for bringing in the Potter type manager as that was a nod back to the way we used to do things.

Credit to Jenkins, credit to Potter.

But that doesn't mean then that everything either of them do should be without criticism.

And 247, the pussy comment, come on, it was just any sort of word to describe that insipid second half performance. And the sub's situation was awful.

Yeah, alright fair enough. The pussy comment is neither here or there, you just wanted a provocative thread title.

If you honestly assessed everything Potter has done good and bad, everything Jenkins, Levein, Kaplan, Pearlman has done good and bad, you wouldn’t take half the shit you do on here. People wouldn’t assume that every criticism of Potter was a tacit deflection of the owners not giving him a decent chance to succeed. That’s how it comes across, even when you make good points.
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 14:01 - Jan 13 with 723 viewsjasper_T

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 13:44 - Jan 13 by waynekerr55

He does but Phil Sumbler isn't the trust - you're intelligent enough to join the dots Jasp

He was/is Trust chairman though, right? Hence the "affiliated" hedging on my part. This is a very pro-Trust forum (either supporting the trust or at least wanting what's best/better for it).
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 14:08 - Jan 13 with 706 viewsjack247

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 14:01 - Jan 13 by jasper_T

He was/is Trust chairman though, right? Hence the "affiliated" hedging on my part. This is a very pro-Trust forum (either supporting the trust or at least wanting what's best/better for it).

The trust takes a load of abuse on here, mainly for perceived inactivity. As a complete outsider with no knowledge of what goes on behind closed doors. I can see why it comes across as subservient.

Wanting what’s best for the trust, idealistically is wanting what’s best for the fans. Surely we should all want that?
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 14:14 - Jan 13 with 686 viewsPhil_S

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 14:01 - Jan 13 by jasper_T

You're just making stuff up now aren't you - there are far more posts criticising the Trust then there are praising it

I also have been running this forum since the summer of 2001, way before any involvement in the Trust. Go figure. Or go wait until you are told what your next chain of attack is
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 14:18 - Jan 13 with 670 viewsjasper_T

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 14:08 - Jan 13 by jack247

The trust takes a load of abuse on here, mainly for perceived inactivity. As a complete outsider with no knowledge of what goes on behind closed doors. I can see why it comes across as subservient.

Wanting what’s best for the trust, idealistically is wanting what’s best for the fans. Surely we should all want that?

It's just another minority shareholder in my eyes. Maybe in the past I felt like it served an important function in my support of the football club, but not for a long time now.

I do hope it gets and fights for everything its shareholding and the shareholder agreement entitle it to, though, on principle if nothing else.
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 14:22 - Jan 13 with 660 viewsjasper_T

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 14:14 - Jan 13 by Phil_S

You're just making stuff up now aren't you - there are far more posts criticising the Trust then there are praising it

I also have been running this forum since the summer of 2001, way before any involvement in the Trust. Go figure. Or go wait until you are told what your next chain of attack is

Most of those posts are from the same two or three posters, though. The majority seem to support the idea of the trust and what it tries to accomplish.
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 14:23 - Jan 13 with 655 viewsPhil_S

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 14:22 - Jan 13 by jasper_T

Most of those posts are from the same two or three posters, though. The majority seem to support the idea of the trust and what it tries to accomplish.

So what you are suggesting is that this website controls their views and makes sure they are all positive

Rightiho then

I mean nobody on here is weak enough to be posting what they are told are they
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024