Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? 19:08 - Jan 12 with 6638 viewsmarchamjack

Genuine question

The hedgefund 29 act like a silent partner, except they are the majority owners as a body. We never see them. We never hear from them.

They have spokespeople.

Pearlman occasionally announces some relative minor sponsorship deal.

Huw ocassionally tells us the key to promotion is selling players.

But nothing from the owners. Very odd. Or very clever I suppose.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 19:12 - Jan 12 with 4296 viewspencoedjack

They don’t give a fuk about the club just money fella.

Those who sold to a hedge fund are the ones I blame, but I guess that’s been done to death.
Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 19:59 - Jan 12 with 4201 viewsDJack

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 19:12 - Jan 12 by pencoedjack

Those who sold to a hedge fund are the ones I blame, but I guess that’s been done to death.

...Is the correct answer!

We are just an investment vehicle, they have no emotional attachment and all they are concerned about is their financial return.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 20:09 - Jan 12 with 4175 viewsjasper_T

27 of the 29 are silent partners, yes. They've invested money in a fund that has specific people running it (Levein and Kaplan) and that fund is the majority owner of a football club.

The board of the football club appointed Huw Jenkins to (continue to) be chairman. Pearlman is Chief operating officer. Potter is the manager. Those three are exactly the people who should be making statements about the football club.

It's the same at the vast majority of clubs. Does Peter Coates make public statements about Stoke often? A single press release back in May is all I've seen.
Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 20:15 - Jan 12 with 4157 viewsbuilthjack

There's one. Blackpool.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 20:20 - Jan 12 with 4137 viewsOldjack

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 20:15 - Jan 12 by builthjack

There's one. Blackpool.

and Newcastle ,they hate the fat greedy bastard

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 20:21 - Jan 12 with 4134 views_

This thread will bring the newbies out. ..

Cue Builth, Fireboy and co.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 20:30 - Jan 12 with 4097 viewsswan65split

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 20:21 - Jan 12 by _

You beat them/ us to it.
Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 21:01 - Jan 12 with 4002 viewsDr_Winston

Well, yeah. They bought the club as an investment. They've never made a secret of it. The people who keep parrotting that as if it's some sort of inspired insight really need to get a grip.

They've basically left Jenkins in charge of the club. That also has been obvious since day one.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 21:04 - Jan 12 with 3995 viewsbuilthjack

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 20:21 - Jan 12 by _

And chrissy

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 21:08 - Jan 12 with 3978 viewsbuilthjack

You are ScottishEddie and I claim my £5.
Ps. I won't tell anyone

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 21:11 - Jan 12 with 3971 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 19:12 - Jan 12 by pencoedjack

I’m a bit worried as to what happens next Penc

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 21:12 - Jan 12 with 3966 viewsgrabsplatter

I'm not going to defend the owners, they should have done a lot better, but there's no comparison with clubs like Blackpool, Bolton & probably a few others
Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 21:20 - Jan 12 with 3948 viewsFlashberryjack

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 21:11 - Jan 12 by oh_tommy_tommy

Blackpool...it won't happen overnight, but we'll be another Blackpool soon enough.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 21:30 - Jan 12 with 3918 viewspencoedjack

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 21:11 - Jan 12 by oh_tommy_tommy

Me as well Tom.

Thought there was a slight possibility of them twisting & trying to get back to the PL then flip us.

We are only a couple of players off having a good go at it.

Reality

The likes of Fer VDH won’t be given new contracts & we rely on the academy.

We know how it ends, but I’ve said it for years so no point starting it again.
Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 22:16 - Jan 12 with 3849 viewssainthelens

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 21:30 - Jan 12 by pencoedjack

Me as well Tom.

Thought there was a slight possibility of them twisting & trying to get back to the PL then flip us.

Reality

Bang on pal, but even tho been " done to death" it must kept being brought up. Cos if not then the sellouts will think we don't care. Not that they give a fck what we think , but what worries me is that the likes of t2c and his disciples think it's ok for them to shaft us all.
Keep banging that drum !
Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 22:42 - Jan 12 with 3815 viewsWingstandwood

If the hedge fund 29 were looking to invest they should have IMO focussed on alternative(s) that had greater/better potential for (stock market term) 'ten-bagger' returns.

If they had invested in a Championship Club with serious potential and a squad able to reach the Premier League fair enough. But a club where the only likelihood was staying at the same level or relegation, why bother?

The club had reached its pinnacle, it could not go any higher and being promoted to another league above with greater TV money was not available. I think that may be fuelling the asset strip claims by some?

Might has well have invested in pharma, biotech, next generation medicine that are advancing at leaps and bounds with stuff like immunotherapy etc. There again? Maybe buying the club was some form of an ego trip i.e. bragging about owning a U.K football club?

Argus!

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 22:50 - Jan 12 with 3799 viewslonglostjack

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 21:30 - Jan 12 by pencoedjack

Me as well Tom.

Reality

Exactly. If they just showed some ambition ! I can’t understand the argument that next season or the season after will be the best time to get promoted. Next summer the bigger clubs will be in for our talent.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 22:53 - Jan 12 with 3784 viewsDr_Winston

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 22:50 - Jan 12 by longlostjack

Exactly. If they just showed some ambition ! I can’t understand the argument that next season or the season after will be the best time to get promoted. Next summer the bigger clubs will be in for our talent.

I just don't get why so many people are calling for "ambition" when all that is likely to lead to is further debt for the club.

Living within our means and succeeding despite this used to be something we were proud of. Not sure when that became a bad thing.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 22:56 - Jan 12 with 3777 viewssainthelens

I've a feeling we need a cup run ( i.e away tie at top 4 5th 6th rd.just to pay Bony his wages.).
Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 23:20 - Jan 12 with 3727 viewsTenbySwan

Apparently Newcastle fans could be heard on BT tonight singing
You fat f***ing b***ard get out of our club

How about

You big nose b***ard ....

Any other suggestions 😐
Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 23:29 - Jan 12 with 3702 viewssainthelens

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 23:20 - Jan 12 by TenbySwan

Apparently Newcastle fans could be heard on BT tonight singing
You fat f***ing b***ard get out of our club

How about

You big nose b***ard ....

Any other suggestions 😐

When you've skin like a rhino and 6 million under the mattress, I guess you have selective hearing.
Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 23:38 - Jan 12 with 3684 viewslonglostjack

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 22:53 - Jan 12 by Dr_Winston

I just don't get why so many people are calling for "ambition" when all that is likely to lead to is further debt for the club.

Living within our means and succeeding despite this used to be something we were proud of. Not sure when that became a bad thing.

Of course you don’t want the club getting indebted in a rush for promotion. There’s a happy medium though. What pisses me off is the lack of transparency regarding the financial situation of the club. How the hell do we know what “living within our means” actually means? Your guess is as good as mine when it comes down to it. Unless you’re privy to information that the rest of us aren’t.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2019 15:52]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 23:44 - Jan 12 with 3672 viewsKilkennyjack

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 23:29 - Jan 12 by sainthelens

When you've skin like a rhino and 6 million under the mattress, I guess you have selective hearing.

A lot more than £6 million mate ...

Beware of the Risen People

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 23:51 - Jan 12 with 3656 viewsmagicdaps10

Lets put this into perspective. Huw Jenkins earns £10,500 a week!!! Let that sink in.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 00:36 - Jan 13 with 3601 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

To be fair

Man united owners don’t give s Fack as well 😀

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024