Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? 19:08 - Jan 12 with 6931 viewsmarchamjack

Genuine question

The hedgefund 29 act like a silent partner, except they are the majority owners as a body. We never see them. We never hear from them.

They have spokespeople.

Pearlman occasionally announces some relative minor sponsorship deal.

Huw ocassionally tells us the key to promotion is selling players.

But nothing from the owners. Very odd. Or very clever I suppose.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 02:42 - Jan 13 with 1667 viewsomarjack

The nominees for the biggest tw@ts that ever owned a sport club award are..

1- Kaplan and Levien (Swansea): No need to repeat ourselves here

2-The Allams (Hull): Very similar to our lot, stingy tw@ts to the core with zero interest in football or the city.

3-The Glazers (Man Utd): Rich as f*ck, their club makes a sh!t ton of money yearly, yet they refuse to oversepnd to compete like City, and won't splash the cash from their own pockets.

4-Ashley (Newcastle): Fat c*nt, slightly better than our scum in terms of investment.

5-The dildo bros Sullivan and Gold (West Ham): Not as bad as the rest of the greedy sh!tc*nts on the list, they've invested heavily this year, and if they sell Arnautovic it won't be their fault.

6-Kroenke (Arsenal): The club generates big profits, and still refuse to go in deep to secure a top 4 finish.

7-Levy (Tottenham): Lowest net spend in the top 6, Pochettino must be a God to achieve what he's achieved on such tight budget, club makes tens of millions in net profits yearly, if Levy invested heavily for a couple of seasons instead, they might have challenged for the title instead of winning the "we've reached the top 4 and beat Arsenal" award again.

I'm sure there are more names out there, But those top the list imo.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 04:55 - Jan 13 with 1633 viewsjasper_T

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 02:42 - Jan 13 by omarjack

2-The Allams (Hull): Very similar to our lot, stingy tw@ts to the core with zero interest in football or the city.

3-The Glazers (Man Utd): Rich as f*ck, their club makes a sh!t ton of money yearly, yet they refuse to oversepnd to compete like City, and won't splash the cash from their own pockets.

4-Ashley (Newcastle): Fat c*nt, slightly better than our scum in terms of investment.

5-The dildo bros Sullivan and Gold (West Ham): Not as bad as the rest of the greedy sh!tc*nts on the list, they've invested heavily this year, and if they sell Arnautovic it won't be their fault.

6-Kroenke (Arsenal): The club generates big profits, and still refuse to go in deep to secure a top 4 finish.

7-Levy (Tottenham): Lowest net spend in the top 6, Pochettino must be a God to achieve what he's achieved on such tight budget, club makes tens of millions in net profits yearly, if Levy invested heavily for a couple of seasons instead, they might have challenged for the title instead of winning the "we've reached the top 4 and beat Arsenal" award again.

If those are your examples of the worst owners ever you haven't been watching football for very long, and only on Sky.
Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 05:02 - Jan 13 with 1631 viewsdameedna

They employ extremely successful directors in their view.
Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 08:47 - Jan 13 with 1581 viewspencoedjack

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 22:16 - Jan 12 by sainthelens

Bang on pal, but even tho been " done to death" it must kept being brought up. Cos if not then the sellouts will think we don't care. Not that they give a fck what we think , but what worries me is that the likes of t2c and his disciples think it's ok for them to shaft us all.
Keep banging that drum !

Will always bring it unfortunately I believe there is only about 10% of our fan base who give a fuk.
Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 09:08 - Jan 13 with 1570 viewsswancity

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 22:53 - Jan 12 by Dr_Winston

I just don't get why so many people are calling for "ambition" when all that is likely to lead to is further debt for the club.

Living within our means and succeeding despite this used to be something we were proud of. Not sure when that became a bad thing.

Ambition within your means. It’s that simple. What isn’t so easy is when the wrong people own and run your club..

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 09:12 - Jan 13 with 1558 viewsjasper_T

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 09:08 - Jan 13 by swancity

Ambition within your means. It’s that simple. What isn’t so easy is when the wrong people own and run your club..

What people mean when they say they want 'ambition within our means' is to have owners spending tens of millions a year to vastly increase our means, at no benefit to themselves.

It would be nice to have oil money backing us up but it's insane that that's now the minimum expectation for good ownership (Mike Ashley is despised despite being owed £150m in interest free loans he's given the club).
Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 09:33 - Jan 13 with 1529 viewstheloneranger

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 02:42 - Jan 13 by omarjack

You are totally wrong about the Allem's zero interest in the city of Hull.

They have donated millions of pounds to the "Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust" ... multi-millions to the "Medical Building"at the University of Hull ... Plus donations to the Seafarers UK ... and £1M to Hull KR etc.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 10:04 - Jan 13 with 1507 viewsvalleyboy

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 23:20 - Jan 12 by TenbySwan

Apparently Newcastle fans could be heard on BT tonight singing
You fat f***ing b***ard get out of our club

How about

You big nose b***ard ....

Any other suggestions 😐

And you are dull enough to think that singing offending songs would get rid of Jenkind

How naieve can you get

The only way the Yanks will go and take Jenkins down with them, is when you hit them in the pocket

So what have you done to do that

Nothing I suppose, other than maybe stop buying refreshments at half time

I wouldn’t mind betting that you have already bought your season ticket

How pathetic is that
Login to get fewer ads

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 12:57 - Jan 13 with 1455 viewsjack247

We are where we are with this. We’re owned by a hedge fund. The idea is to make money from sports clubs.

Obviously the best way for them to make money, is for us to be in the PL. They won’t think twice about the long term state of the club as long as they get the best return they can when they go though.

We’re not a football club or part of the community to them, we’re a business. At least we are far from alone in that regard.
Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 13:09 - Jan 13 with 1449 viewsmarchamjack

So if we get back to the PL ( can’t see it myself with owners who don’t invest) then I assume they’ll either hold us for some time to reap the financial benefits or sell us on at a premium.

But on the basis we don’t make it back and next season (?) the parachute monies end, what’s their game plan then. They can’t hold us and make money in the Championship or lower, and our resale value will now be well short of what they bought us for.

Suspect we’ve got next season to get back to the PL, failing which, that’s when we’ll need to really worry and then we’ll really see what tssrs we’ve got owning us.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 13:13 - Jan 13 with 1446 viewssainthelens

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 12:57 - Jan 13 by jack247

We are where we are with this. We’re owned by a hedge fund. The idea is to make money from sports clubs.

Obviously the best way for them to make money, is for us to be in the PL. They won’t think twice about the long term state of the club as long as they get the best return they can when they go though.

We’re not a football club or part of the community to them, we’re a business. At least we are far from alone in that regard.

Huw and his sellouts will have known this had they carried out proper due diligence. But greed took over. Old story but we must never forget that is/Was the bottom line. It's a simple explanation complicated by others with loyalty towards them.
Apologies for banging the drum.
Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 13:20 - Jan 13 with 1437 viewsjack247

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 13:09 - Jan 13 by marchamjack

So if we get back to the PL ( can’t see it myself with owners who don’t invest) then I assume they’ll either hold us for some time to reap the financial benefits or sell us on at a premium.

But on the basis we don’t make it back and next season (?) the parachute monies end, what’s their game plan then. They can’t hold us and make money in the Championship or lower, and our resale value will now be well short of what they bought us for.

Suspect we’ve got next season to get back to the PL, failing which, that’s when we’ll need to really worry and then we’ll really see what tssrs we’ve got owning us.

They will eventually cut their losses. I’d have thought they’d need to stabilise us financially, which to be fair they are obviously trying to do now, to attract real interest in us,
Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 14:53 - Jan 13 with 1408 viewsswancity

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 09:12 - Jan 13 by jasper_T

What people mean when they say they want 'ambition within our means' is to have owners spending tens of millions a year to vastly increase our means, at no benefit to themselves.

It would be nice to have oil money backing us up but it's insane that that's now the minimum expectation for good ownership (Mike Ashley is despised despite being owed £150m in interest free loans he's given the club).

Wrong.

You have no idea what Ashley has or hasn’t done at Newcastle. He will have done very well out of it by the time he sells no doubt about that. Unlike our previous owners at least he’s waiting for the right deal.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 15:31 - Jan 13 with 1379 viewsjasper_T

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 14:53 - Jan 13 by swancity

Wrong.

You have no idea what Ashley has or hasn’t done at Newcastle. He will have done very well out of it by the time he sells no doubt about that. Unlike our previous owners at least he’s waiting for the right deal.

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/accounts-year-ending-30-june-2017

Plenty of information out there about their financial situation if you're interested.
Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 15:56 - Jan 13 with 1357 viewsBadlands

The difference between us and many clubs mentioned is the Americans don't own the club, they own shares in the club.

I would imagine they are coming to terms (and it may well be their fault) of losing £20million on their investment (drop in share value), having to sort out the projected overspend that sent Jenkins et al looking for investors in the first place, the loss of £50million in league revenue and dealing with the costs that carry on with players.

If they get involved they are crucified if they leave it to the managers they have appointed they have no interest.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 16:45 - Jan 13 with 1301 viewsQJumpingJack

The owners seem interested if you read this article: (from April 2018)

https://www.ft.com/content/d28b725e-3796-11e8-8eee-e06bde01c544
Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 18:32 - Jan 13 with 1244 viewsWingstandwood

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 13:09 - Jan 13 by marchamjack

IMO it is rather rational to come to the conclusion that if the club is not promoted within the parachute payment timespan it'll be a case of many a supporter never ever seeing the club in the Premier League again in his/her lifetime.

And when I say in their lifetimes? I'm even talking about people who are yet to hit middle age! The club were out of the top division for nearly 30 years the last time and have only reached the top division on two occasions. And? Being owned by an American hedge fund has really thrown a spanner in the works and severely compromised the clubs future. We all only have to look at recent history.

Argus!

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 18:46 - Jan 13 with 1231 viewsAl_Bundy

Blackburn downward model is worth a mention.. a road we are currently on
Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 20:09 - Jan 13 with 1170 viewsFlashberryjack

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 23:51 - Jan 12 by magicdaps10

Lets put this into perspective. Huw Jenkins earns £10,500 a week!!! Let that sink in.

That's what "living within our means", actually means.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 20:29 - Jan 13 with 1151 viewsBadlands

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 18:32 - Jan 13 by Wingstandwood

IMO it is rather rational to come to the conclusion that if the club is not promoted within the parachute payment timespan it'll be a case of many a supporter never ever seeing the club in the Premier League again in his/her lifetime.

And when I say in their lifetimes? I'm even talking about people who are yet to hit middle age! The club were out of the top division for nearly 30 years the last time and have only reached the top division on two occasions. And? Being owned by an American hedge fund has really thrown a spanner in the works and severely compromised the clubs future. We all only have to look at recent history.

My old man waited 60 years to see the Swans in the 1st Division.
It din't mean he gave on the club.
I never expected to see us in the Premier league and felt blessed to been a fan when w were in the old first division.
Throughout society it appears that everyone thinks they are missing out if they aren't lording it over everyone else.
If you only support the club to get to the Premier League expect to be disappointed because the odds are seriously stacked against it happening. Just 3 teams a year progress.
If we weren't largely owned by the American consortium who would own the club and what would they bring to the table?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 20:57 - Jan 13 with 1130 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 21:30 - Jan 12 by pencoedjack

Me as well Tom.

Thought there was a slight possibility of them twisting & trying to get back to the PL then flip us.

We are only a couple of players off having a good go at it.

Reality

The likes of Fer VDH won’t be given new contracts & we rely on the academy.

We know how it ends, but I’ve said it for years so no point starting it again.

Indeed

A couple of players away from having a good go is a fair point .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 22:11 - Jan 13 with 1081 viewsmagicdaps10

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 20:29 - Jan 13 by Badlands

I never expected to see us in the Premier league and felt blessed to been a fan when w were in the old first division.
Throughout society it appears that everyone thinks they are missing out if they aren't lording it over everyone else.
If you only support the club to get to the Premier League expect to be disappointed because the odds are seriously stacked against it happening. Just 3 teams a year progress.
If we weren't largely owned by the American consortium who would own the club and what would they bring to the table?

Honesty and desire for starters........and both these qualities do not require money.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 22:46 - Jan 13 with 1044 viewsswan65split

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 20:09 - Jan 13 by Flashberryjack

That's what "living within our means", actually means.

I hope the twot wrote a relegation clause into his contract
Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 22:47 - Jan 13 with 1039 viewsswan65split

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 20:29 - Jan 13 by Badlands

I could empathise with some of that, and also hope hes would be experienced enough to know a sell out when he saw one!
Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 23:11 - Jan 13 with 1021 viewsScottishEddie

Is there another club whose owners have less interest in the team? on 21:08 - Jan 12 by builthjack

You are ScottishEddie and I claim my £5.
Ps. I won't tell anyone

Thick as a pig in sh*t.

Poll: Stupidest Posterer of the Year

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024