Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Post match incident in the concourse at PNE 22:13 - Jan 12 with 21607 viewsSA71Jack

Does anyone know what happened? Saw about 7 stewards in the middle of the concourse with 2 trying to calm a Swans fan down.
Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 15:22 - Jan 13 with 2786 viewsBadlands

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 11:11 - Jan 13 by dickythorpe

This thread is a wind up surely?
The bravado of grabbing pondlife by the throat is assault.
Don't take the law into your own hands. You should have filmed them......if this did really happen.

Fight fire with fire - this lowlife scum infests our club and are allowed to think it is normal because of inaction.
Had similar confrontation outside the Liberty.
And similar inaction by stewards inside the ground ... it sounds like there would have been no trouble had the stewards followed the policies of the club and EFL.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 15:24 - Jan 13 with 2775 viewsdickythorpe

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 15:22 - Jan 13 by Badlands

Fight fire with fire - this lowlife scum infests our club and are allowed to think it is normal because of inaction.
Had similar confrontation outside the Liberty.
And similar inaction by stewards inside the ground ... it sounds like there would have been no trouble had the stewards followed the policies of the club and EFL.

I hear what you are saying. In reality though the hassle you will have to prove you were justified in using force will beggar belief.
Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 15:31 - Jan 13 with 2753 viewsSirjohnalot

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 15:08 - Jan 13 by controversial_jack

Not a chance! He reported it to the stewards - it's up to them to decide and then he should have removed himself from the situation.

Ok Jack. Just my professional opinion. Have a lovely weekend.
Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 15:40 - Jan 13 with 2728 viewsBadlands

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 15:08 - Jan 13 by controversial_jack

Not a chance! He reported it to the stewards - it's up to them to decide and then he should have removed himself from the situation.

So you suggest ordinary fans who object to blatant racism and the inaction of stewards to carry out they role in compliance with club and EFL policies should ignore this behaviour?
Sounds like you support them!
'The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing'

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 15:50 - Jan 13 with 2699 viewscontroversial_jack

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 15:40 - Jan 13 by Badlands

So you suggest ordinary fans who object to blatant racism and the inaction of stewards to carry out they role in compliance with club and EFL policies should ignore this behaviour?
Sounds like you support them!
'The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing'

No , of course not, but you cannot take the law into your own hands and grab someone by the throat. If you say something i find offensive, does it give me the right to grab you by the throat?

If you report an offence to a police officer, he has a duty to investigate.If he deems it not an offence and takes no action then that's the end of the matter.You cannot take the law into your own hands, although there is the right of citizens arrest, but that's very dodgy and if you get it wrong or don't do it correctly you are in the shit.
Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 15:51 - Jan 13 with 2692 viewsGdubya

Thank you to everyone who's expressed support, but I will try to address points raised by some of the more cynical, although a couple of posts were so ridiculous it'd be a waste of time to respond to them.

Filming them was not a realistic option as they were stood right behind me. I did try to surreptitiously photograph them as they left their seats at the end, which was difficult as I didn't want them to know without a doubt it was me who'd reported them to stewards.

I reported them with about 15 minutes left - not immediately after the abuse - at a stoppage in play by going towards the concourse to speak to a head steward. Shortly afterwards, two stewards moved to positions close by to monitor them and two more came over to speak to them, which is when I moved out of the steward's way to the row below. (I asked the guy at the end of that row if he'd heard the racist comments but he said he hadn't - although he didn't exactly seemed shocked or outraged, which I thought would have been the natural response.)

Then... nothing. So I was left to stew, and worry, for the rest of the game, wondering if any of the scumbags (there were four of them) would say anything else, or do anything to me, presuming they suspected me of reporting them.

When I asked a steward after why they hadn't been kicked out I was informed they would need to hear the abuse themselves, but that CCTV footage would be used. Hopefully police will investigate further, as I believe they did with lip-readers proving that the Chelsea racists called Sterling a "black c@#£", not "Manc c@#£".

Therefore, I would have left it at that, knowing I could also report it to Kick It Out (who do have clear procedures, most relevantly here: https://www.kickitout.org/Pages/FAQs/Category/what-happens-to-your-report, although I didn't see any notices at the ground) in an effort to try to ensure our club does something, until the chief racist smirked at me on the way out. And as his mate then started behaving aggressively towards me, I'm not going to worry about any police action against me.

P.S. Anyone doubting whether I'm a genuine Swans fan could check the few previous posts I've made on here looking for tickets, or ask the SEALS on here (whose forum I use as Gazman).
Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 16:10 - Jan 13 with 2648 viewscontroversial_jack

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 15:51 - Jan 13 by Gdubya

Thank you to everyone who's expressed support, but I will try to address points raised by some of the more cynical, although a couple of posts were so ridiculous it'd be a waste of time to respond to them.

Filming them was not a realistic option as they were stood right behind me. I did try to surreptitiously photograph them as they left their seats at the end, which was difficult as I didn't want them to know without a doubt it was me who'd reported them to stewards.

I reported them with about 15 minutes left - not immediately after the abuse - at a stoppage in play by going towards the concourse to speak to a head steward. Shortly afterwards, two stewards moved to positions close by to monitor them and two more came over to speak to them, which is when I moved out of the steward's way to the row below. (I asked the guy at the end of that row if he'd heard the racist comments but he said he hadn't - although he didn't exactly seemed shocked or outraged, which I thought would have been the natural response.)

Then... nothing. So I was left to stew, and worry, for the rest of the game, wondering if any of the scumbags (there were four of them) would say anything else, or do anything to me, presuming they suspected me of reporting them.

When I asked a steward after why they hadn't been kicked out I was informed they would need to hear the abuse themselves, but that CCTV footage would be used. Hopefully police will investigate further, as I believe they did with lip-readers proving that the Chelsea racists called Sterling a "black c@#£", not "Manc c@#£".

Therefore, I would have left it at that, knowing I could also report it to Kick It Out (who do have clear procedures, most relevantly here: https://www.kickitout.org/Pages/FAQs/Category/what-happens-to-your-report, although I didn't see any notices at the ground) in an effort to try to ensure our club does something, until the chief racist smirked at me on the way out. And as his mate then started behaving aggressively towards me, I'm not going to worry about any police action against me.

P.S. Anyone doubting whether I'm a genuine Swans fan could check the few previous posts I've made on here looking for tickets, or ask the SEALS on here (whose forum I use as Gazman).

Nobody is saying that your intentions were not good and they were scumbags and in the wrong, but to grab someone by the throat at a football match is stupid beyond belief and could land you in trouble.You just don't do that these days however offended you or others are.It's a matter of common sense as it could have led to a bigger confrontation with the possibility of escalated violence.
Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 16:19 - Jan 13 with 2606 viewssainthelens

Does seem very genuine now. So olive branch from me buddy, apologies for doubting you. Hope the scumbags are caught, don't need em.
Login to get fewer ads

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 16:46 - Jan 13 with 2534 viewsSTID2017

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 10:50 - Jan 13 by trampie

Calling out ?, expecting Preston NE to chuck out ?, telling everyone ?, grabbing somebody by the throat ?, hoping to get them banned from the Liberty ?

Was it you that the North End stewarts were trying to calm down ?

Hmm

I asked one of the stewards not involved and he explained that the person they were trying to detain was alleged to had made a racist remark.
Also one of our senior stewards (the one who is always by the tunnel with a blue jacket on) was called in to advise the PNE stewards.
So no excuse for the club not to follow through with bans against these racists

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 06:54 - Jan 14 with 2227 viewsWarwickHunt

Hi mate- did you cycle to Preston?

Gazman is indeed kosher. Top bloke.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2019 6:56]
Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 09:18 - Jan 14 with 2086 viewsWxmJax

Funny enough, in the second half I think, I saw what could only be called the end of an incident. Four lads, in their twenties I presume, were standing up on the lower right looking from behind the goal, next to those seat covers that separate fans. There were two guys in coats walking away from them, one was a blue coat with search and security on the back or something. No idea what had happened because I hadn't seen or heard anything, just caught a glimpse of them all standing up. Don't think their photos are in the fans gallery on the club site because I think they arrived too late.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 09:29 - Jan 14 with 2061 viewsicecoldjack

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 13:31 - Jan 13 by jackboyo63

Surely this can’t be true! Why would a swans fan that’s travelled to an away game racially abuse one of their own players knowing the risk of getting banned!
The stewards would of chucked them out of the stadium if they believed this allegation was true so they’ve obviously had a reason not to take any action! For example you was either clearly intoxicated or known for causing trouble yourself!
And you have messed up any clear chances of anything cause the supposed individual could press charges on you for assault!

I dunno, we got some thick coonts following us in fairness.

Well done to the chap who stepped up .

As for getting in trouble he grabbed him by the throat to protect himself, ie, restraing a potential aggressor.
Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 09:40 - Jan 14 with 2048 viewsCooperman

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 14:32 - Jan 13 by controversial_jack

It wouldn't be self defense, not even close. He was under no physical threat, however I don't think this guy is for real.

Let me get this straight - you have just called someone out with a very serious allegation and they start walking aggressively towards you and you wouldn't feel any physical threat?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 09:45 - Jan 14 with 2028 viewsvalleyboy

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 06:54 - Jan 14 by WarwickHunt

Hi mate- did you cycle to Preston?

Gazman is indeed kosher. Top bloke.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2019 6:56]

He’s not that dull to cycle all the way to Preston as normally he takes his bike onto the train so far, then cycles the rest of the jorney

Seen him at games all over the country, even night time games

If I remember rightly, is he not from the Bristol area???

Again if my memory serves me right, gave him a lift from one of the games or was it I stopped to offer him a lift when he had a puncture or something
Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 09:55 - Jan 14 with 2016 viewsWarwickHunt

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 09:45 - Jan 14 by valleyboy

He’s not that dull to cycle all the way to Preston as normally he takes his bike onto the train so far, then cycles the rest of the jorney

Seen him at games all over the country, even night time games

If I remember rightly, is he not from the Bristol area???

Again if my memory serves me right, gave him a lift from one of the games or was it I stopped to offer him a lift when he had a puncture or something

I think he lives in the Bristol area now, H.
Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 10:20 - Jan 14 with 1986 viewsvalleyboy

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 15:50 - Jan 13 by controversial_jack

No , of course not, but you cannot take the law into your own hands and grab someone by the throat. If you say something i find offensive, does it give me the right to grab you by the throat?

If you report an offence to a police officer, he has a duty to investigate.If he deems it not an offence and takes no action then that's the end of the matter.You cannot take the law into your own hands, although there is the right of citizens arrest, but that's very dodgy and if you get it wrong or don't do it correctly you are in the shit.

That’s not quite right is it

There’s been at least three people that have taken the law into their own hands by shooting or by other means killing burglars that have entered their house to steal and got away with it

Rightly so in my opinion
Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 10:30 - Jan 14 with 1957 viewsvalleyboy

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 09:55 - Jan 14 by WarwickHunt

I think he lives in the Bristol area now, H.

When I used to go and watch the Swans, you would normally see him cycling down the A465

Always gave him a beep on the horn when I passed him. But by the time I had parked the car, more often than not he would be there at about the same time as me

Then I would think he would have cycled all the way from Bristol

His nondeplume Gasman makes me think definitely he’s from the Bristol area
Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 10:31 - Jan 14 with 1960 viewsDarran

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 15:50 - Jan 13 by controversial_jack

God you’re fuçking boring.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 11:03 - Jan 14 with 1904 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 14:32 - Jan 13 by controversial_jack

It wouldn't be self defense, not even close. He was under no physical threat, however I don't think this guy is for real.

DEFENCE in the UK

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 11:27 - Jan 14 with 1866 viewscontroversial_jack

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 09:40 - Jan 14 by Cooperman

Let me get this straight - you have just called someone out with a very serious allegation and they start walking aggressively towards you and you wouldn't feel any physical threat?

Try it sometime and see what happens
Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 11:56 - Jan 14 with 1844 viewsCooperman

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 11:27 - Jan 14 by controversial_jack

Which part?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 13:09 - Jan 14 with 1783 viewsvalleyboy

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 11:27 - Jan 14 by controversial_jack

How can it be an allegation when you have heard that person make a racist remark

Thank God you were not around to do some fighting in the last war

Conscientious Objecter would be you I suppose

How can any decent man walk away when they here a racist comment

A coward comes to mind
Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 13:13 - Jan 14 with 1764 viewscontroversial_jack

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 13:09 - Jan 14 by valleyboy

How can it be an allegation when you have heard that person make a racist remark

Thank God you were not around to do some fighting in the last war

Conscientious Objecter would be you I suppose

How can any decent man walk away when they here a racist comment

A coward comes to mind

You are not very intelligent!
Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 13:32 - Jan 14 with 1722 viewsvalleyboy

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 13:13 - Jan 14 by controversial_jack

You are not very intelligent!

One thing I’m not though

I’ve never been a coward
Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 13:37 - Jan 14 with 1715 viewsDarran

Post match incident in the concourse at PNE on 13:32 - Jan 14 by valleyboy

One thing I’m not though

I’ve never been a coward

Aberdare 5pm.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024