Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The cost of promotion. 13:37 - Jan 13 with 1152 viewsBadlands

Until we have a sustainable financial situation and a team capable of sustaining high quality winning football I can see no point in gaining promotion.
We would need a significant contingent of players capable of making the step up or find ourselves bankrupt or humiliated.
In 2011 we took with us
Ash
Taylor
Tate
Britton
Dyer
Rangel
Allen

With a handful of decent also rans

Do we have that quality now?
IMO only MvD Hoorn meets the criteria.
Robert .. maybe on par with Taylor of that era.
Players have to be fit, reasonably consistent and reasonable robust.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The cost of promotion. on 13:41 - Jan 13 with 1139 viewswaynekerr55

And how exactly is staying in the division with a significant reduction in finances support this? WBA yo yo' d as did Burney

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The cost of promotion. on 13:44 - Jan 13 with 1133 viewsWarwickHunt

You lost me at Taylor.
The cost of promotion. on 15:45 - Jan 13 with 1009 viewsBadlands

The cost of promotion. on 13:41 - Jan 13 by waynekerr55

And how exactly is staying in the division with a significant reduction in finances support this? WBA yo yo' d as did Burney

The same way as the three years we had before promotion.
We develop a core of outstanding players (I know what you mean about Taylor Warwickhunt but he was good for a few seasons) and a style this division and most of the Premier League couldn't cope with.
This group wouldn't do that and money received would be more than eaten up, I think, leaving us deeper and deeper in debt.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The cost of promotion. on 15:48 - Jan 13 with 992 viewslonglostjack

The cost of promotion. on 15:45 - Jan 13 by Badlands

We develop a core of outstanding players (I know what you mean about Taylor Warwickhunt but he was good for a few seasons) and a style this division and most of the Premier League couldn't cope with.
This group wouldn't do that and money received would be more than eaten up, I think, leaving us deeper and deeper in debt.

This of course assumes that no Premier League club will come in and buy those outstanding players in the meantime.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The cost of promotion. on 15:49 - Jan 13 with 984 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Do you think a man who admits he had been tracking Asoro for a number of years and deemed him worth nearly half our transfer budget this Summer is capable of identifying and attracting a core of outstanding players?

I wont judge him on the likes of Mackay, CCV and Declan John as I do not know if they were his signings or not.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The cost of promotion. on 16:22 - Jan 13 with 924 viewsjack247

The cost of promotion. on 15:49 - Jan 13 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Do you think a man who admits he had been tracking Asoro for a number of years and deemed him worth nearly half our transfer budget this Summer is capable of identifying and attracting a core of outstanding players?

I wont judge him on the likes of Mackay, CCV and Declan John as I do not know if they were his signings or not.

It’s irrelevant. Under the current ownership he won’t get much more than a token transfer budget and if he does unearth/cultivate a couple of gems, they’ll be sold
The cost of promotion. on 17:54 - Jan 13 with 785 viewsDJack

The cost of promotion. on 13:44 - Jan 13 by WarwickHunt

You lost me at Taylor.

Speaking of Taylor...My face when Fer caught him last weekend

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The cost of promotion. on 18:00 - Jan 13 with 773 viewswaynekerr55

The same way as before assumes Jenkins isn't meddling in affairs...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024