Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dam James £20m 09:37 - Jan 15 with 20588 viewsandrew

Sell or keep??

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Dam James £20m on 09:44 - Jan 15 with 5511 views34dfgdf54

Bye bye!!
Dam James £20m on 09:45 - Jan 15 with 5499 viewsdickythorpe

Who leaked this figure, he'd plug a gap in our finances, hopefully this isn't the start of a trickle of players leaving the club
Dam James £20m on 09:47 - Jan 15 with 5511 viewsunion_jack

Dam James £20m on 09:45 - Jan 15 by dickythorpe

Who leaked this figure, he'd plug a gap in our finances, hopefully this isn't the start of a trickle of players leaving the club

A purely hypothetical question I’d say Dickie.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Dam James £20m on 09:50 - Jan 15 with 5501 viewslonglostjack

Definitely sell. Think of how many Declan John type players we could get in then.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 12:23]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Dam James £20m on 09:50 - Jan 15 with 5478 viewsdickythorpe

Dam James £20m on 09:47 - Jan 15 by union_jack

A purely hypothetical question I’d say Dickie.

Look at how Dan is spelt union.....
Dam James £20m on 09:51 - Jan 15 with 5490 viewsunion_jack

Dam James £20m on 09:50 - Jan 15 by dickythorpe

Look at how Dan is spelt union.....

Ah bugger. A real whoosh moment for me there. Too damn early

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Dam James £20m on 09:59 - Jan 15 with 5429 viewsswan65split

Nah . but it will be in Dollars.
Dam James £20m on 10:04 - Jan 15 with 5427 viewsjasper_T

Dam James £20m on 09:59 - Jan 15 by swan65split

Nah . but it will be in Dollars.

£15m is still bite their hand off money.

No one's paying that kind of cash, though, especially not Leeds.
Login to get fewer ads

Dam James £20m on 10:05 - Jan 15 with 5421 viewsmajorraglan

He’d been gone in a flash for that kind of money.
Dam James £20m on 10:07 - Jan 15 with 5386 viewsswan65split

Hope hes not 2019 version of Stuart Roberts.
Dam James £20m on 10:25 - Jan 15 with 5299 viewsBadlands

I think someone has missed a decimal point.
Ridiculous price for the youngster IMO and has to be made up. .. doesn't it?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Dam James £20m on 10:36 - Jan 15 with 5250 viewsicecoldjack

We could buy 4 £5m pound players mun !! Huw will be working hard behind the scenes to make this happen !

Luvs a £5m player does Huw.

If true, then £20m for a player that has lots of pace but no shot on him is a good price.
Dam James £20m on 10:45 - Jan 15 with 5221 viewssainthelens

If Clucas was worth 16 million, anything is possible.
Dam James £20m on 10:49 - Jan 15 with 5199 viewsmagicdaps10

I would say sell but knowing where the money goes just makes my head drop.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Dam James £20m on 10:53 - Jan 15 with 5193 viewsBadlands

Dam James £20m on 10:49 - Jan 15 by magicdaps10

I would say sell but knowing where the money goes just makes my head drop.

Every penny we got for players in our last two PL seasons was spent on transfers in.
16-17
spent £68 million
received £48 million

Spent £73 million
received £81 million

Spent £141 million
received £129 million

Dam James £20m on 10:59 - Jan 15 with 5167 viewsicecoldjack

Dam James £20m on 10:45 - Jan 15 by sainthelens

If Clucas was worth 16 million, anything is possible.

Just stop it mun !

I get upset every time it's mentioned we spunked £16m on that fookin average Joe can't take a corner kick likes to hide from the ball in midfield waste of space alleged prem standard footballer.

Probably one of the worst signings ever made, and that's really saying something considering the dross we've bought in the last few years.
Dam James £20m on 11:05 - Jan 15 with 5135 viewsmagicdaps10

Dam James £20m on 10:53 - Jan 15 by Badlands

Every penny we got for players in our last two PL seasons was spent on transfers in.
16-17
spent £68 million
received £48 million

Spent £73 million
received £81 million

Spent £141 million
received £129 million

So if it doesnt go in the yanks pocket, it will go to Huw to piss up against the wall.

Either way, we wont see much of a return on the playing side of things with it.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Dam James £20m on 11:42 - Jan 15 with 5046 viewshobo

Sell with a 20% sell on fee on top
Dam James £20m on 11:45 - Jan 15 with 5014 viewsomarjack

16-17
spent £68 million
received £48 million

Spent £73 million
received £81 million

Spent £141 million
received £129 million

Well Huw, the board, the scouts and the owners deserve a good hiding for the way they handled the money they've made from sales. And instead of splashing the cash from their own pockets to rectify the damage, they let us sleepwalk to the championship because you know, F*ck forbids they'd invest a penny from their pockets to help the club stand on its feet.

And what if we've survived the drop, they don't expect to have a player like Siggy laying around to sell for 40 m every season to finance the annual transfers now do they? With the squad we had, many starters approaching their 30's, we would have needed a major overhaul in a couple of years (even if we're still in the PL)..would they have spent any money from their pockets and not generated from sales and the club itself? I'll answer that, only if hell froze over.

They invested money you say, maybe a bit of cash they put in into the club as player asset (nowhere near enough to challenge in the PL of course)..but you saw how the club actually made 13.5m in profit in their 1st year in charge. The accounts for last year weren't published yet, where the sales of Gylfi and Llorente will show, and the club will certainly make a killer profit as well. And of course, instead of investing into the squad from these profits to help getting us back into the PL, we the fans get a pittance, and now chasing Chelsea academy players who can't even hack it in the Dutch 2nd tier for bloody sake.

The owners alongside Huw and the rest of scum are inexcusable.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Dam James £20m on 11:52 - Jan 15 with 5017 viewsoldcob

£20m for Dan James? Take it. He's a lad of great potential, but as of yet unproven. Once he learns composure though, he will be a very good player.
Dam James £20m on 11:53 - Jan 15 with 5010 viewsCaptain_Sham

£20M

Stop sniffing glue.

Its just a ride.

Dam James £20m on 12:07 - Jan 15 with 4964 viewsJonathans_coat

Dam James £20m on 10:59 - Jan 15 by icecoldjack

Just stop it mun !

I get upset every time it's mentioned we spunked £16m on that fookin average Joe can't take a corner kick likes to hide from the ball in midfield waste of space alleged prem standard footballer.

Probably one of the worst signings ever made, and that's really saying something considering the dross we've bought in the last few years.

Definitely ONE of the worst.

Struggle to beat Bastón at £15.5 million.
- 20 games, 1 goal.
- Couldn’t shoot, dribble or even trap a ball.
- Contributed nothing generally during play, we’d have been better off at times with 10 men.

Clucas was/is pretty limited as a footballer. The main issues with him were the hugely inflated price tag, and the fact that he was clearly a winger, that we bought to play as a DM.
Dam James £20m on 12:11 - Jan 15 with 4935 viewsBadlands

Dam James £20m on 11:45 - Jan 15 by omarjack

Well Huw, the board, the scouts and the owners deserve a good hiding for the way they handled the money they've made from sales. And instead of splashing the cash from their own pockets to rectify the damage, they let us sleepwalk to the championship because you know, F*ck forbids they'd invest a penny from their pockets to help the club stand on its feet.

And what if we've survived the drop, they don't expect to have a player like Siggy laying around to sell for 40 m every season to finance the annual transfers now do they? With the squad we had, many starters approaching their 30's, we would have needed a major overhaul in a couple of years (even if we're still in the PL)..would they have spent any money from their pockets and not generated from sales and the club itself? I'll answer that, only if hell froze over.

They invested money you say, maybe a bit of cash they put in into the club as player asset (nowhere near enough to challenge in the PL of course)..but you saw how the club actually made 13.5m in profit in their 1st year in charge. The accounts for last year weren't published yet, where the sales of Gylfi and Llorente will show, and the club will certainly make a killer profit as well. And of course, instead of investing into the squad from these profits to help getting us back into the PL, we the fans get a pittance, and now chasing Chelsea academy players who can't even hack it in the Dutch 2nd tier for bloody sake.

The owners alongside Huw and the rest of scum are inexcusable.

'And instead of splashing the cash from their own pockets to rectify the damage,'
As I keep insisting - they are not the owners.
If they are expected to put their hands in their own pockets so should the individual shareholders AND the trust.
The trust, while not holding much power, hold 21% of the club shares but I don't hear people shouting for that consortium to be 'splashing the cash'.

Dam James £20m on 12:31 - Jan 15 with 4896 viewsDr_Winston

16-17
spent £68 million
received £48 million

Spent £73 million
received £81 million

Spent £141 million
received £129 million

Add in wages and agents fees.

We took our eye off the ball big time, and the people responsible are still in charge. Paying the price for profligacy now.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Dam James £20m on 12:33 - Jan 15 with 4877 viewsCaptain_Sham

Dam James £20m on 11:52 - Jan 15 by oldcob

£20m for Dan James? Take it. He's a lad of great potential, but as of yet unproven. Once he learns composure though, he will be a very good player.

How does one learn composure? Is it not a trait ? You have it or you don't. He doesn't.

Its just a ride.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024