Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dam James £20m 09:37 - Jan 15 with 20618 viewsandrew

Sell or keep??

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Dam James £20m on 16:57 - Jan 15 with 2063 viewsjasper_T

Dam James £20m on 16:39 - Jan 15 by Captain_Sham

Where did I say I didn't want them challenged? You aren't just aren't challenging them. Telling me he has three assists doesn't change my opinion, nor should it given the opportunities he has had. I don't care if you agree with me or not. Why cant you grasp that? I post my opinions to provoke debate. You can post stats at me all day. Ive watched the kid and I don't think hes got it. He is the only person who can change my view of him. Its strikingly arrogant for you to think that you are in possession of the necessary tools to correct my view for me.
What does matter what I think of him anyway? I'm not going to be picking the team anytime soon.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 16:49]

So you want to provoke debate but go on an insane rant like this whenever someone tries to engage with you?
Dam James £20m on 16:59 - Jan 15 with 2054 viewsCaptain_Sham

Dam James £20m on 16:57 - Jan 15 by jasper_T

So you want to provoke debate but go on an insane rant like this whenever someone tries to engage with you?

Im challenging your opinion. Three posts ago that was ok but now its out of order. M'Kay

You seriously just wrote this

" If you don't want your opinions challenged why post them on a discussion forum? Tell them to your mirror instead."

And Im the one who is insane. Lol
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 17:00]

Its just a ride.

Dam James £20m on 17:03 - Jan 15 with 2036 viewsjasper_T

Dam James £20m on 16:59 - Jan 15 by Captain_Sham

Im challenging your opinion. Three posts ago that was ok but now its out of order. M'Kay

You seriously just wrote this

" If you don't want your opinions challenged why post them on a discussion forum? Tell them to your mirror instead."

And Im the one who is insane. Lol
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 17:00]

So it's fine for you to try to challenge my opinion but for me to challenge yours is "strikingly arrogant"? How dare I think I possess the necessary tools! Okay, precious.
Dam James £20m on 17:04 - Jan 15 with 2029 viewsHeadmaster

I thought we were supposed to be building a strong nucleus of young players so we can push for promotion within the next 2-3 years. How is that going to happen if we sell one of our most promising youngsters who was a regular starter until recently?

Bony, Narsingh, Dyer can all be shifted to save wages. Rodon and Roberts have new contracts. The young ones are our future.
Dam James £20m on 17:06 - Jan 15 with 2026 viewsCaptain_Sham

Dam James £20m on 17:03 - Jan 15 by jasper_T

So it's fine for you to try to challenge my opinion but for me to challenge yours is "strikingly arrogant"? How dare I think I possess the necessary tools! Okay, precious.

I don't rate Dan James. Deal with it.

Its just a ride.

Dam James £20m on 18:04 - Jan 15 with 1956 viewsjasper_T

Dam James £20m on 17:06 - Jan 15 by Captain_Sham

Okay. Just try not to throw another tantrum next time I point out the problems with your reasoning.
Dam James £20m on 18:04 - Jan 15 with 1956 views34dfgdf54

Deal getting a bit closer according to a few up there so you may not have to watch him anymore.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 18:11]
Dam James £20m on 18:08 - Jan 15 with 1951 viewslondonlisa2001

Dam James £20m on 12:11 - Jan 15 by Badlands

'And instead of splashing the cash from their own pockets to rectify the damage,'
As I keep insisting - they are not the owners.
If they are expected to put their hands in their own pockets so should the individual shareholders AND the trust.
The trust, while not holding much power, hold 21% of the club shares but I don't hear people shouting for that consortium to be 'splashing the cash'.

This ‘they don’t own the club’ thing that you’ve repeated a few times in the past few days is odd.
Login to get fewer ads

Dam James £20m on 18:27 - Jan 15 with 1906 viewsomarjack

Dam James £20m on 14:45 - Jan 15 by jasper_T

I really doubt we made a profit last season. It all went on the Andre Ayew panic buy in January.

Expensive transfers, expensive loans, expensive wages.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 14:46]

Alright, fair enough, this predicted profit will probably be offset by impairment of player registrations due to relegation (naturally, value of players drop after relegation). Stoke already released their accounts and they've took a 29m hit due to that. So in reality, probably the same happened here, and a breaking even is the table I guess, and won't see a 15-20m profit like what I predict. But rather breaking even or a slight loss.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 18:29]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Dam James £20m on 18:36 - Jan 15 with 1895 viewsjacksfullaces

Dam James £20m on 14:03 - Jan 15 by vetchonian

Thanks Leigh you make a fair point regarding ownership and share holdings BUT you forget the drivel spouted by your friend Huw that these persons purchasing the club would have the funding to take us to the next level and the sale of the club was necessary for this.

You choose to omit that the Trust who were prior to the sale the single largest shareholder but were tucked up by the sellouts during the sale process and have since been marginalised by the new owners to the point of withholding information....so why should this consortium stump up the cash? the slae of the club was "justified" for the reason of these new owners having the cash to stump up!

yeah, selling up to a bunch who at best make sure we have as much coming in as going out really benefited the club and took us to the next level. surely even jenkins with his o level woodwork could have managed that.

they might have accepted a couple of break even years (although I suspect they made a quid or 2 en route) on transfers in the short term as the old TV money probably gave them a bit to chuck at their investors.

but this year, the accounts in the transfer market will also provide them with a tidy profit I'm sure.

happy to accept they won't put their hands in their pocket, that's not the way they work, but those who sold us down the river with false promises .. that's another story.
Dam James £20m on 18:51 - Jan 15 with 1872 viewsBadlands

Dam James £20m on 18:08 - Jan 15 by londonlisa2001

This ‘they don’t own the club’ thing that you’ve repeated a few times in the past few days is odd.

Not odd at all - they don't.

They own shares in the club.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Dam James £20m on 18:56 - Jan 15 with 1862 viewslondonlisa2001

Dam James £20m on 18:51 - Jan 15 by Badlands

Not odd at all - they don't.

They own shares in the club.

Owning shares in a company is how someone owns a company.

The club is a company, the people who own the shares in that company own the club.

Your point is nonsensical I’m afraid.
Dam James £20m on 18:58 - Jan 15 with 1856 viewsOldjack

Dam James £20m on 09:50 - Jan 15 by longlostjack

Definitely sell. Think of how many Declan John type players we could get in then.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 12:23]

Unfortunately none ,it'll all mysteriously disappear as per

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Dam James £20m on 19:05 - Jan 15 with 1841 viewsnantywatcher

If you don't rate Dan James then you are probably wasting your life going to football matches - there's a lot of snooker on TV at the moment.
Dam James £20m on 09:56 - Jan 16 with 1585 viewsTailGunner

18 months left?
Searing pace, although can pick up injuries.
End product is a problem, overhits crosses, finishing is poor.
Struggled with composure in front of goal
5-10m and he'll be gone. IMO
Dam James £20m on 10:31 - Jan 16 with 1544 viewsLandore_Jack

Dam James £20m on 19:05 - Jan 15 by nantywatcher

If you don't rate Dan James then you are probably wasting your life going to football matches - there's a lot of snooker on TV at the moment.

He is by far the finished article. He needs to work on his end product. No doubt he is a big talent and will be a loss to the team.

#backtojack

Dam James £20m on 10:49 - Jan 16 with 1515 views34dfgdf54

Nixon has said we are asking for alot, and he's doubtful Leeds will stretch that far.

Good news if true, there's no need at all to be flogging our youngsters, who the yanks said we would be building a team around.
Dam James £20m on 12:12 - Jan 16 with 1445 viewsomarjack

Dam James £20m on 10:49 - Jan 16 by 34dfgdf54

Nixon has said we are asking for alot, and he's doubtful Leeds will stretch that far.

Good news if true, there's no need at all to be flogging our youngsters, who the yanks said we would be building a team around.

I have to admit though, would James improve them? I mean ffs look at their scoring record and look at ours, and look at James'..

Why would they break bank for him exactly? Their squad is much better than ours, hell, I'd take any of their attacking players over James any day, including Alioski and Harrison.

And why would we ask for alot for him in the first place, It's not like he's helping us to push to the top 6 or anything of the sort.

Let's be realistic, the damage from the horror filled transfer window has already been done. We might as well lose James, he isn't that good or productive, we won't push to the top 6 with or without him.

5-6m max and he's gone. I won't even complain, we're a lost cause my mates.

Dam James £20m on 12:18 - Jan 16 with 1437 viewsLandore_Jack

#backtojack

Dam James £20m on 12:29 - Jan 16 with 1420 viewsomarjack

LOL

So Leeds offer 2m, We play hard ball and insist he's not for sale unless for a ridiculous 20m sum..Leeds obviously tell us to f*ck off and look into that O'Dowda guy..we run to Leeds like the greedy animals we are "We were just kidding! You can have him for 3.5m!"

So it's either terrible journalism or pathetic club management, probably a mixture of both, there is no way we valued James at 20 m at any point.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2019 12:43]

Dam James £20m on 12:38 - Jan 16 with 1407 viewsLandore_Jack

Dam James £20m on 12:29 - Jan 16 by omarjack

LOL

So Leeds offer 2m, We play hard ball and insist he's not for sale unless for a ridiculous 20m sum..Leeds obviously tell us to f*ck off and look into that O'Dowda guy..we run to Leeds like the greedy animals we are "We were just kidding! You can have him for 3.5m!"

So it's either terrible journalism or pathetic club management, probably a mixture of both, there is no way we valued James at 20 m at any point.

What's interesting is that WOL are reporting an article printed in The Sun newspaper, yet David Anderson works for "The Mirror" which owns WOL.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2019 12:38]

#backtojack

Dam James £20m on 13:00 - Jan 16 with 1358 viewsjasper_T

Dam James £20m on 12:12 - Jan 16 by omarjack

I have to admit though, would James improve them? I mean ffs look at their scoring record and look at ours, and look at James'..

Why would they break bank for him exactly? Their squad is much better than ours, hell, I'd take any of their attacking players over James any day, including Alioski and Harrison.

And why would we ask for alot for him in the first place, It's not like he's helping us to push to the top 6 or anything of the sort.

Let's be realistic, the damage from the horror filled transfer window has already been done. We might as well lose James, he isn't that good or productive, we won't push to the top 6 with or without him.

5-6m max and he's gone. I won't even complain, we're a lost cause my mates.

Roofe playing on the shoulder ready to pounce would thrive off the situations DJ creates.

Bielsa has a very small squad, and wants specific things to add to it. Suggestion is he wants pace with Saiz leaving and Pablo moving infield, and if that's what you're after there's few more promising players (potentially) available to a club at Leeds level.

Harrison is only on loan with them. Every Leeds fan I've spoken to (including a couple of die hard away day lads) has wanted an upgrade on Alioski for ages. Hard worker but incredibly wasteful and offside all the time.
Dam James £20m on 13:27 - Jan 16 with 1304 views34dfgdf54

Dam James £20m on 12:18 - Jan 16 by Landore_Jack

Fingers crossed that is right, and fingers crossed the "£3.5m" valuation is also b0llocks, because there would be uproar.
Dam James £20m on 13:33 - Jan 16 with 1289 viewsFireboy2

Dam James £20m on 13:27 - Jan 16 by 34dfgdf54

Fingers crossed that is right, and fingers crossed the "£3.5m" valuation is also b0llocks, because there would be uproar.

Just wondering if we sell will the fee will go on strengthening the squad
Dam James £20m on 14:12 - Jan 16 with 1245 viewshobo

Dam James £20m on 12:29 - Jan 16 by omarjack

LOL

Nothing has changed since the summer then if that valuation is true. The Swansea City firesale continues! Roll up everyone, bargains galore!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024