Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dam James £20m 09:37 - Jan 15 with 20505 viewsandrew

Sell or keep??

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Dam James £20m on 18:47 - Jan 20 with 1813 viewsTailGunner

Dam James £20m on 18:46 - Jan 20 by jasper_T

I said I've seen the same information here and on Twitter, in response to Risca saying he had not.

Nothing I've posted is "classified", either.

Not seen any contract info on either platform.
Do you have links?
Especially the VDH situation.
Dam James £20m on 18:59 - Jan 20 with 1783 viewsjasper_T

Dam James £20m on 18:47 - Jan 20 by TailGunner

Not seen any contract info on either platform.
Do you have links?
Especially the VDH situation.

You could go back through Potter's press conferences and see when he first confirms we opened discussions with vdH for a start. It shouldn't surprise (or really alarm) anyone that the first offer or two was rejected in the time since then and now.

For the pay stuff the club put out a video at the start of the season where the lads themselves confirm that DJ's on the most money by far.

I don't save a library of tweets and replies for gossip but maybe check out Oli McBurnie's next stream of Fortnite and see what gets mentioned when he's had a few too many irn brus.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2019 18:59]
Dam James £20m on 19:01 - Jan 20 with 1778 viewsTailGunner

Dam James £20m on 18:59 - Jan 20 by jasper_T

You could go back through Potter's press conferences and see when he first confirms we opened discussions with vdH for a start. It shouldn't surprise (or really alarm) anyone that the first offer or two was rejected in the time since then and now.

For the pay stuff the club put out a video at the start of the season where the lads themselves confirm that DJ's on the most money by far.

I don't save a library of tweets and replies for gossip but maybe check out Oli McBurnie's next stream of Fortnite and see what gets mentioned when he's had a few too many irn brus.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2019 18:59]

That's a bizarre response mate.
No idea about Fortnite tbh.

Don't take everything you hear at pressers as gospel though

GP said last week in a presser talks were on with DJ.....is he being lied to from above?
Dam James £20m on 19:03 - Jan 20 with 1769 viewsjasper_T

Dam James £20m on 19:01 - Jan 20 by TailGunner

That's a bizarre response mate.
No idea about Fortnite tbh.

Don't take everything you hear at pressers as gospel though

GP said last week in a presser talks were on with DJ.....is he being lied to from above?

What makes you think he's being lied to? Have you heard differently?
Dam James £20m on 19:06 - Jan 20 with 1761 viewsTailGunner

Dam James £20m on 19:03 - Jan 20 by jasper_T

What makes you think he's being lied to? Have you heard differently?

Well the player today said no offer has been made.....back a page for the link, where our tiff started
Dam James £20m on 19:25 - Jan 20 with 1718 viewsjasper_T

Dam James £20m on 19:06 - Jan 20 by TailGunner

Well the player today said no offer has been made.....back a page for the link, where our tiff started

Was it Thursday's prematch press conference where Potter's said that? Big black mark against him if he's being caught in lies. I've always taken him for an honest chap, who admits when he isn't aware of something that may or may not be happening.
Dam James £20m on 19:27 - Jan 20 with 1709 viewsTailGunner

Dam James £20m on 19:25 - Jan 20 by jasper_T

Was it Thursday's prematch press conference where Potter's said that? Big black mark against him if he's being caught in lies. I've always taken him for an honest chap, who admits when he isn't aware of something that may or may not be happening.

If he's been lied to, you are pinning it on him?

Jeez
Dam James £20m on 19:27 - Jan 20 with 1709 views34dfgdf54

Dam James £20m on 18:05 - Jan 20 by _

Whoa lads FFS what is all this bullying shit on Jasper all the time. The "great" LISA legitimises it and some can get carried away.

What is it with being sensible that's so wrong? Or more to the point does everyone have to go out of their way to find issues with the management of the Club - because let's face it, that's it isn't it.

This is all just rumour/smoke and mirrors and Bielsa mind games - the whole spying farce is just mind games.

Dan is happy here, his Mrs is happy, he's settled, he's loving playing for the gaffer and he's not interested in Leeds.

He's also got 18m left on his contract. FFS mun boys, wise up a bit is it.

Every day mun.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2019 18:07]

Bullying him? That’s a bit OTT mate.

Like Tails said, his posts make out he knows the facts. I haven’t seen anywhere that VDH has rejected any offers, it wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest, I just wondered where he got that info from, I had a search on twitter and seen nothing at all mentioned.
Login to get fewer ads

Dam James £20m on 19:32 - Jan 20 with 1699 views_

Dam James £20m on 18:22 - Jan 20 by TailGunner

The 18 months is a different thing when you have a predator sniffing. He's a Yorkshire boy too.
Get him tied down Asap, and if the big bids come in and we are that poor off we need it, get the best bid.
Protect ourselves.

Get in the box seat
[Post edited 20 Jan 2019 18:27]

Nobody wants to lose him, especially the Club, but they aren't under any pressure here to over-react. It's a storm in a Bielsa tea-cup. Dan's happy.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Dam James £20m on 19:36 - Jan 20 with 1691 viewsTailGunner

Dam James £20m on 19:32 - Jan 20 by _

Nobody wants to lose him, especially the Club, but they aren't under any pressure here to over-react. It's a storm in a Bielsa tea-cup. Dan's happy.

Let's hope so.
But don't forget he's probably our most saleable asset.

They have said we need to sell before any chance of incoming players. Big injuries yesterday.

Hopefully get shot of Narsingh and Wilf if anyone is mad enough to pay the wages.
Will relieve vthe pressure to sell those we really need
Dam James £20m on 19:43 - Jan 20 with 1668 views_

Dam James £20m on 19:36 - Jan 20 by TailGunner

Let's hope so.
But don't forget he's probably our most saleable asset.

They have said we need to sell before any chance of incoming players. Big injuries yesterday.

Hopefully get shot of Narsingh and Wilf if anyone is mad enough to pay the wages.
Will relieve vthe pressure to sell those we really need

I like Dan a lot, like his attitude, his personality, love his pace and worry about his composure.

Realistically, what's he worth right now? £1.5 to £2.5m

I just can't see why the Club would contemplate selling him for peanuts.

Yeah, we need to sort a few things out, but we don't need to make ridiculous financial decisions.

2 more weeks to go and the Club can sit down with Dan over the next few months and sort it out nice and quietly.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Dam James £20m on 19:51 - Jan 20 with 1651 viewsTailGunner

Dam James £20m on 19:43 - Jan 20 by _

I like Dan a lot, like his attitude, his personality, love his pace and worry about his composure.

Realistically, what's he worth right now? £1.5 to £2.5m

I just can't see why the Club would contemplate selling him for peanuts.

Yeah, we need to sort a few things out, but we don't need to make ridiculous financial decisions.

2 more weeks to go and the Club can sit down with Dan over the next few months and sort it out nice and quietly.

I'd be more optimistic at 5m. Age, international call ups etc.
Some bonkers money thrown around in this league, and pace is a massive attraction.

If he sorts out his composure under real pressure, finishing, he'd be worth double already IMO.

He's in the best place right now & seems to be happy.

Nail him down early IMO
Hold the aces
Dam James £20m on 19:55 - Jan 20 with 1640 views_

Dam James £20m on 19:51 - Jan 20 by TailGunner

I'd be more optimistic at 5m. Age, international call ups etc.
Some bonkers money thrown around in this league, and pace is a massive attraction.

If he sorts out his composure under real pressure, finishing, he'd be worth double already IMO.

He's in the best place right now & seems to be happy.

Nail him down early IMO
Hold the aces

He hasn't even been able to hold down a regular place in a mid table Championship side yet and has he actually made a Welsh appearance - even if he has got the one, it's still just Wales isn't it. It's not as if we've got an abundance of talent to choose from.

Dan knows he needs to get his head down and he knows he needs to be in the managers thoughts and plans. He has got that belief from Potter. He's got it all to learn and time and environment to do it.

This window won't help him with that.

Dam James £20m on 20:04 - Jan 20 with 1620 viewsTailGunner

Dam James £20m on 19:55 - Jan 20 by _

He hasn't even been able to hold down a regular place in a mid table Championship side yet and has he actually made a Welsh appearance - even if he has got the one, it's still just Wales isn't it. It's not as if we've got an abundance of talent to choose from.

Dan knows he needs to get his head down and he knows he needs to be in the managers thoughts and plans. He has got that belief from Potter. He's got it all to learn and time and environment to do it.

Yeah fair points.
The security he will get will help him though, maybe give him that bit more self belief that is missing.....protect us too.

No brainer for me. Will boost the fans who are already sceptical about the running of the club too.
Masses are holding back from renewing season tickets.
Dam James £20m on 20:11 - Jan 20 with 1607 viewsthornabyswan

Dam James £20m on 20:04 - Jan 20 by TailGunner

Yeah fair points.
The security he will get will help him though, maybe give him that bit more self belief that is missing.....protect us too.

No brainer for me. Will boost the fans who are already sceptical about the running of the club too.
Masses are holding back from renewing season tickets.

That Pearlman interview will have cost them a few season tickets.
New contracts to Fer VDH or James would be most welcome.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Dam James £20m on 20:43 - Jan 20 with 1572 viewsjasper_T

Dam James £20m on 19:55 - Jan 20 by _

He was holding a regular place until injury, and was kept out due to Potter finally learning not to change a winning team with Dyer and Routledge. Not a black mark against his ability.

Lot of young talent coming through for Wales at the moment. Been a big change in how keen qualifying youngsters (like Dan) are to commit to our youth sides and come through the ranks. We don't chase players now, their agents contact us years in advance.
Dam James £20m on 20:45 - Jan 20 with 1563 viewsjasper_T

Dam James £20m on 19:27 - Jan 20 by TailGunner

If he's been lied to, you are pinning it on him?

Jeez

He talks to DJ practically every day so it's more likely he knows the situation from that side than just relying on what the chairman etc. might have said, no?
Dam James £20m on 20:46 - Jan 20 with 1561 viewsbuilthjack

I wonder why he turned up yesterday with Naughtons tracksuit top on.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Dam James £20m on 21:06 - Jan 20 with 1541 viewsTailGunner

Dam James £20m on 20:45 - Jan 20 by jasper_T

He talks to DJ practically every day so it's more likely he knows the situation from that side than just relying on what the chairman etc. might have said, no?

We can guess that Jasper.

But I'd rather go with actual quotes from both.

Messy situation. Get it sorted ASAP for the good of all surely?
Dam James £20m on 12:14 - Jan 21 with 1366 views34dfgdf54

Looks a dodgy source, but just in case:

https://thisisfutbol.com/2019/01/twitter/leeds-fans-react-as-james-deal-close/
Dam James £20m on 12:31 - Jan 21 with 1325 viewsbuilthjack

If James goes there will be a riot.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Dam James £20m on 13:49 - Jan 21 with 1192 viewshobo

Dam James £20m on 12:31 - Jan 21 by builthjack

If James goes there will be a riot.

Not if we get £20m+ for him. That's how clubs like ours grow, sell big and then try to unearth the next gem
Dam James £20m on 14:44 - Jan 21 with 1138 viewssainthelens

Its apparently gathering pace. Notting less than 20 million if you don't mind Beaky.
Dam James £20m on 14:48 - Jan 21 with 1126 viewsjack247

Hopefully this doesn’t happen. If it does, it will be nowhere near £20m lads
Dam James £20m on 14:48 - Jan 21 with 1126 viewsLoyal

This isn't good news for him or the club, absolute confirmation the club is stripping the shit out of its assets.

Greed.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024