Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dam James £20m 09:37 - Jan 15 with 20501 viewsandrew

Sell or keep??

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Dam James £20m on 14:58 - Jan 21 with 1310 viewsAl_Bundy

So we could be selling one of best youngers for -

Raising limited transfer funds for Jenkins to waste again

or

The owners to bank to balance the books

Either way Potter loses out.
Dam James £20m on 15:08 - Jan 21 with 1265 viewssainthelens

Dam James £20m on 14:48 - Jan 21 by Loyal

This isn't good news for him or the club, absolute confirmation the club is stripping the shit out of its assets.

Greed.

Just another example of total and utter complete mismanagement of our finances. The day we sell him you bet your life they'll be advertising for season ticket renewal (again).
Dam James £20m on 15:14 - Jan 21 with 1249 views34dfgdf54

The local press up there it's apparently coming from, as someone said earlier in the thread, T2C I think, it makes no sense at all in selling him for what would be peanuts, Leeds haven't got the finances to spend big on a a player which is still relatively unproven. The only thing could be, is if he's pushing for the move behind the scenes, but that would mean he bare faced lied in his interview Saturday evening, doesn't strike me as the type, but money talks these days I suppose.
Dam James £20m on 15:19 - Jan 21 with 1233 viewsswancity

Dam James £20m on 14:48 - Jan 21 by Loyal

This isn't good news for him or the club, absolute confirmation the club is stripping the shit out of its assets.

Greed.

The Club is slowly but surely going down the pan whilst the owners cash in.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Dam James £20m on 15:23 - Jan 21 with 1222 views34dfgdf54

Dam James £20m on 15:19 - Jan 21 by swancity

The Club is slowly but surely going down the pan whilst the owners cash in.

It's probably complete b*llocks, Leeds using the press to unsettle the player.
Dam James £20m on 15:29 - Jan 21 with 1209 viewsswancity

Dam James £20m on 15:23 - Jan 21 by 34dfgdf54

It's probably complete b*llocks, Leeds using the press to unsettle the player.

There’s no smoke without fire
The most valuable players are or have been sold.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Dam James £20m on 15:34 - Jan 21 with 1201 viewsthornabyswan

Dam James £20m on 15:29 - Jan 21 by swancity

There’s no smoke without fire
The most valuable players are or have been sold.

Yes the silence from the boardroom speaks volumes.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Dam James £20m on 15:56 - Jan 21 with 1159 viewsjasper_T

Dam James £20m on 15:34 - Jan 21 by thornabyswan

Yes the silence from the boardroom speaks volumes.

Chris Pearlman explained the club's situation just a few days ago. He's chief operating officer at the club.
Login to get fewer ads

Dam James £20m on 15:57 - Jan 21 with 1150 viewsjasper_T

Dam James £20m on 14:58 - Jan 21 by Al_Bundy

So we could be selling one of best youngers for -

Raising limited transfer funds for Jenkins to waste again

or

The owners to bank to balance the books

Either way Potter loses out.

You've missed the "Raising limited transfer funds for Head of Recruitment Kyle Macaulay to use" option.
Dam James £20m on 16:05 - Jan 21 with 1133 viewsBadlands

Dam James £20m on 20:11 - Jan 20 by thornabyswan

That Pearlman interview will have cost them a few season tickets.
New contracts to Fer VDH or James would be most welcome.

TBH if people stop watching the Swans based on Pearlman's interview they can, imho, **** off.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Dam James £20m on 16:24 - Jan 21 with 1108 viewsthornabyswan

Dam James £20m on 15:56 - Jan 21 by jasper_T

Chris Pearlman explained the club's situation just a few days ago. He's chief operating officer at the club.

Yes I read the statement a load of hot air with no substance.
It would not surprise me in the slightest if we sell James for a pittance.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Dam James £20m on 16:27 - Jan 21 with 1103 viewsthornabyswan

Dam James £20m on 16:05 - Jan 21 by Badlands

TBH if people stop watching the Swans based on Pearlman's interview they can, imho, **** off.

They will though we be losing between 6 and 7 thousand season ticket holders come next season.

Dam James £20m on 16:32 - Jan 21 with 1094 viewsjasper_T

Dam James £20m on 16:24 - Jan 21 by thornabyswan

Yes I read the statement a load of hot air with no substance.
It would not surprise me in the slightest if we sell James for a pittance.

So why does the silence bother you if you don't believe a word they say, anyway?
Dam James £20m on 16:41 - Jan 21 with 1067 viewsmagicdaps10

All jokes aside, if we sell for less than 8m then we are a desperate bunch.
The talk has been about getting rid of the big earners not selling our young talent, what was that about the "RESET BUTTON" ??????

I hope it is just paper talk but if we sell for under 8m, the board are making a massive rid for their own back.

I dont care what he is realistically worth, it is what he is worth in todays crazy market and I think 8m is a fair price.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Dam James £20m on 16:54 - Jan 21 with 1039 views34dfgdf54

Dam James £20m on 15:57 - Jan 21 by jasper_T

You've missed the "Raising limited transfer funds for Head of Recruitment Kyle Macaulay to use" option.

Raising money using players they said they were going to build a team around though? Dan’s far from the finished article but are we going to get better value for money signing for the amount we would get for Dan if the figures being touted around are true.

I’m with daps, unless it’s a stupid figure like £8m/£10m then I see no point in selling.
Dam James £20m on 16:54 - Jan 21 with 1038 viewsthornabyswan

Dam James £20m on 16:32 - Jan 21 by jasper_T

So why does the silence bother you if you don't believe a word they say, anyway?

Because when we were in the PL Jenkins was always talking to the press on the TV radio.
Now virtually nothing.

These James to Leeds rumours have been rumbling on for a while and nothing from the club I don't trust them to reinvest the money either.

They would not even show the Trust who have a 21% share the accounts unless they sign a confidentiality agreement.
The club stinks from top to bottom and I feel resentful about it.
Been a supporter for 43 years and I will be there again next season
But I can't wait for the day that Levein Kaplin and the rest go they have done nothing for our club.

Dam James £20m on 17:04 - Jan 21 with 1018 viewsjasper_T

Dam James £20m on 16:54 - Jan 21 by 34dfgdf54

Raising money using players they said they were going to build a team around though? Dan’s far from the finished article but are we going to get better value for money signing for the amount we would get for Dan if the figures being touted around are true.

I’m with daps, unless it’s a stupid figure like £8m/£10m then I see no point in selling.

If Potter's telling the truth then we don't have many (any) offers on the table to bring him the funds he needs to build a team. If DJ for say £5m lets him bring in another Asoro, McKay and Declan John with change to spare then maybe that's what he wants to do?

Selling one young player doesn't invalidate what they said about trying to build around and develop youth. He wasn't even in the first team at the beginning of the season, so let's not pretend they made specific promises about him.

They turned down offers for McBurnie, gave him, Byers, Roberts, Grimes & Rodon new contracts. Bought Celina and McKay. Potter's project is still progressing.

But I won't be happy if we sell him.
Dam James £20m on 17:18 - Jan 21 with 988 views34dfgdf54

Dam James £20m on 17:04 - Jan 21 by jasper_T

If Potter's telling the truth then we don't have many (any) offers on the table to bring him the funds he needs to build a team. If DJ for say £5m lets him bring in another Asoro, McKay and Declan John with change to spare then maybe that's what he wants to do?

Selling one young player doesn't invalidate what they said about trying to build around and develop youth. He wasn't even in the first team at the beginning of the season, so let's not pretend they made specific promises about him.

They turned down offers for McBurnie, gave him, Byers, Roberts, Grimes & Rodon new contracts. Bought Celina and McKay. Potter's project is still progressing.

But I won't be happy if we sell him.

Talks ongoing is completely different to getting a concrete offer. It’s clear there is interest there on Leeds part, they’ve even give it away with Bielsa’s laptop.

He was in the squad from the Birmingham (3rd game) game onwards from what I can remember, Potter also said that he was in his plans from day 1 as they didn’t want him going out on loan. He’s very much part of Potters “project” so selling for £5m makes no sense.
Dam James £20m on 17:25 - Jan 21 with 977 viewsAl_Bundy

Dam James £20m on 15:57 - Jan 21 by jasper_T

Yes you're right... Jenkins will be nowhere near it
Dam James £20m on 18:11 - Jan 21 with 902 viewsWingstandwood

If he is sold it will IMO (witnessed before) be for an UNDISCLOSED FEE of which everyone can only guess what he went for.

IMO Leeds must be fully aware about SCFC's last fire sale i.e. sell players cheap with a desperate to offload mentality.

Leeds IMO will start haggling with a bottom-book valuation and if he does go it'll be for a sum significantly less than the reported £20 million.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2019 18:12]

Argus!

Dam James £20m on 18:24 - Jan 21 with 862 viewsSwansea93

I think he's off, we are stacked in wingers and the club will cash in unfortunately.

Get rid of Bony and Narsingh and bring a couple of decent loans in and we'll have a good chance of pushing play offs, and give new contracts to VDH & Fer.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Dam James £20m on 18:30 - Jan 21 with 847 viewsBillyChong

Leeds only paid £5m for Barry Douglas who had an immense season in this league last year
Dam James £20m on 18:35 - Jan 21 with 830 viewshobo

Dam James £20m on 18:30 - Jan 21 by BillyChong

Leeds only paid £5m for Barry Douglas who had an immense season in this league last year

Totally different. Douglas is a 29 year old who's pretty much done nothing in his career. Wolves only paid 1m for him the year before too.

How much would we have to pay if we wanted one of Leeds' brightest young prospects? I imagine it would be a great deal more than the fees talked about in this thread
Dam James £20m on 18:39 - Jan 21 with 821 viewslonglostjack

Potter has stated quite clearly that it would be a disappointment if he left and McBurnie has been making statements to the press too. If he’s sold for an “undisclosed fee” the only positive would be that it would clarify the Yanks’ intentions once and for all. Like Jasper though, I’d be gutted if that were to happen.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2019 18:44]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Dam James £20m on 18:40 - Jan 21 with 820 viewsjack247

Dam James £20m on 18:24 - Jan 21 by Swansea93

I think he's off, we are stacked in wingers and the club will cash in unfortunately.

Get rid of Bony and Narsingh and bring a couple of decent loans in and we'll have a good chance of pushing play offs, and give new contracts to VDH & Fer.

We’re actually not stacked with wingers. We’ve got Routledge and Dyer who may be our best bet at the moment but aren’t long term options, McKay who shows glimpses of quality but isn’t going to progress much until he mans up a bit, Asoro and Dhanda (who I’m not really sure is a #10 or a winger), Montero who can be unplayable but is rarely available and the less said about Narsingh the better.

Ok, DJ lacks composure when he’s shooting, but unless Asoro really steps up, he’s our best long term prospect by far. He scares defenders almost as much as Montero and his football intelligence is already superb in spite of his age.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024