Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dam James £20m 09:37 - Jan 15 with 20621 viewsandrew

Sell or keep??

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Dam James £20m on 18:44 - Jan 21 with 2184 viewsBadlands

Dam James £20m on 18:40 - Jan 21 by jack247

We’re actually not stacked with wingers. We’ve got Routledge and Dyer who may be our best bet at the moment but aren’t long term options, McKay who shows glimpses of quality but isn’t going to progress much until he mans up a bit, Asoro and Dhanda (who I’m not really sure is a #10 or a winger), Montero who can be unplayable but is rarely available and the less said about Narsingh the better.

Ok, DJ lacks composure when he’s shooting, but unless Asoro really steps up, he’s our best long term prospect by far. He scares defenders almost as much as Montero and his football intelligence is already superb in spite of his age.

I'm not sure I've seen any evidence that 'his football intelligence is already superb'.
At times he reminds me very much of Mo Barrow - fast but it's head down and hope in final actions.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Dam James £20m on 18:50 - Jan 21 with 2169 viewslonglostjack

Dam James £20m on 18:44 - Jan 21 by Badlands

I'm not sure I've seen any evidence that 'his football intelligence is already superb'.
At times he reminds me very much of Mo Barrow - fast but it's head down and hope in final actions.

Never saw Mo Barrow put in a decent cross. James can.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Dam James £20m on 18:55 - Jan 21 with 2156 viewsjack247

Dam James £20m on 18:44 - Jan 21 by Badlands

Have you seen how many times he gets put through, or at least into dangerous positions? That’s not luck, that’s making clever runs for the likes of Celina to pick out. I don’t think I ever saw that in Mo Barrow.
Dam James £20m on 19:09 - Jan 21 with 2120 viewsjasper_T

Dam James £20m on 18:55 - Jan 21 by jack247

Have you seen how many times he gets put through, or at least into dangerous positions? That’s not luck, that’s making clever runs for the likes of Celina to pick out. I don’t think I ever saw that in Mo Barrow.

Barrow was the same as Montero: didn't know how to play until the ball was at his feet.

Asoro's the same. Watching him for the u23s there's obviously some ability there when he's on the ball, but he's involved in the game far less than Garrick who is actively looking for spaces and making movements (though still very raw himself in that regard).
Dam James £20m on 00:10 - Jan 22 with 1939 viewsAndyNak

Put a price of £5m on him according to this...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united-ready-move-top-13887961?utm

No quotes so i’ll keep hoping but will be a real sign of things to come if we sell for that. More of this “hard medicine” they keep talking about

Poll: Joe or Wilf? If you could only have one

Dam James £20m on 07:27 - Jan 22 with 1813 viewsHeadmaster

Dam James £20m on 00:10 - Jan 22 by AndyNak

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united-ready-move-top-13887961?utm

No quotes so i’ll keep hoping but will be a real sign of things to come if we sell for that. More of this “hard medicine” they keep talking about

I'd be livid if they do sell him, there's others we should be selling first.

James is a young player with potential. We were told that we are building a team around a core group of young players to target promotion within the next couple of years. Selling him would go completely against that and will only frustrate Potter's long-term plan even more.
Dam James £20m on 09:46 - Jan 22 with 1718 viewsWingstandwood

Dam James £20m on 00:10 - Jan 22 by AndyNak

Put a price of £5 million have they, Leeds aware of SCFC's previous jelly-legged transfer cave-in's will knock down to £2.5 million with add-on's.........The add-on's being not to mention the transfer fee to the press so it can be described as a non-disclosed fee.

Jenkins, Pearlman, (consultant Dineen) and other hangers-on will be delighted at the £2.5 million because it'll ease cash-flow right into the grubby n' greedy troughing pigs back pockets!

Remember folks, remember my prediction on here! From here on in all sold SCFC players will be sold for UNDISCLOSED FEES!

Argus!

Dam James £20m on 10:15 - Jan 22 with 1685 viewsLeonWasGod

Dam James £20m on 07:27 - Jan 22 by Headmaster

James is a young player with potential. We were told that we are building a team around a core group of young players to target promotion within the next couple of years. Selling him would go completely against that and will only frustrate Potter's long-term plan even more.

Me too. Agree he's the sort of player we should be bringing through and rebuilding around. In short, the future. It would be so short-sighted to start selling to league rivals (fair enough if a PL team comes in with a silly bid and a player wants to go, there's nothing we can do then).
Login to get fewer ads

Dam James £20m on 11:04 - Jan 22 with 1657 viewsjasper_T

Dam James £20m on 09:46 - Jan 22 by Wingstandwood

Put a price of £5 million have they, Leeds aware of SCFC's previous jelly-legged transfer cave-in's will knock down to £2.5 million with add-on's.........The add-on's being not to mention the transfer fee to the press so it can be described as a non-disclosed fee.

Jenkins, Pearlman, (consultant Dineen) and other hangers-on will be delighted at the £2.5 million because it'll ease cash-flow right into the grubby n' greedy troughing pigs back pockets!

Remember folks, remember my prediction on here! From here on in all sold SCFC players will be sold for UNDISCLOSED FEES!

You say this like every club doesn't announce undisclosed fees 90% of the time.
Dam James £20m on 11:18 - Jan 22 with 1635 viewsWingstandwood

Dam James £20m on 11:04 - Jan 22 by jasper_T

You say this like every club doesn't announce undisclosed fees 90% of the time.

It'll be 100% with us!

And when the club runs out of parachute payment revenue and in a time when there is no money left to pay the catering company?

Yep! It'll be mad scramble and free-for-all money grab time just like the last day at Lehman Brothers during the 2008 crash and subprime crisis.

I can wholeheartedly guarantee you that it'll be just like that at SCFC with the culpable clearing their desks at a frantic pace! And? Nevertheless the circumstances (*cough, cough, cough*) having enough time to pick up all bonuses, golden-handshakes, severance pay-offs or any left over outstanding money from some (to quote Arfur Daley) "Nice little earners".
[Post edited 22 Jan 2019 11:19]

Argus!

Dam James £20m on 11:19 - Jan 22 with 1633 viewsraynor94

Dam James £20m on 09:46 - Jan 22 by Wingstandwood

Ok Nostradamus, near enough all deals are undisclosed, or are speculated on by the media

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Dam James £20m on 11:21 - Jan 22 with 1624 viewsWingstandwood

Dam James £20m on 11:19 - Jan 22 by raynor94

Ok Nostradamus, near enough all deals are undisclosed, or are speculated on by the media

Argus!

Dam James £20m on 15:50 - Jan 22 with 1437 viewsLoyal

Trying to run a football club totally on income in and then trying to cream off the top for shareholders was never going to work.
Fcking fools for thinking they could.

Fcking fools for believing them.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Dam James £20m on 16:08 - Jan 22 with 1400 viewshobo

Dam James £20m on 15:50 - Jan 22 by Loyal

Trying to run a football club totally on income in and then trying to cream off the top for shareholders was never going to work.

Even worse when we continually sell at a discount. Only going to end one way
Dam James £20m on 16:23 - Jan 22 with 1372 viewsheadcleaner

A mate of mine (Leeds fan) just confirmed it'll be 4.5 mill and he'll get a lift off the guy who was hiding in the bushes up at Fairwood. We should hold onto him for that much and see where his potential is in 12 months time
Dam James £20m on 16:49 - Jan 22 with 1322 viewsjacksfullaces

Dam James £20m on 07:27 - Jan 22 by Headmaster

that's assuming you still believe a word they say after the last few years ...
Dam James £20m on 16:52 - Jan 22 with 1310 viewsjacksfullaces

Dam James £20m on 15:50 - Jan 22 by Loyal

yep, but we'll be on to the let's see what they do in the next transfer window, that will really show what they plan to do ... or ... we are building around our academy for the future (oh, wait a minute ...)

hope springs eternal even when the way they are running the business is clear for most to see. (albeit you can't blame them for that, they have a responsibility to their shareholders)

when there is nothing left to cream off the top things will really get interesting. guessing we are not far from being mothballed.
Dam James £20m on 17:01 - Jan 22 with 1290 viewsjasper_T

You'd never believe we haven't actually sold him yet.
Dam James £20m on 17:06 - Jan 22 with 1270 viewsJonathans_coat

Dam James £20m on 17:01 - Jan 22 by jasper_T

You'd never believe we haven't actually sold him yet.

We haven’t..........

......but if he went for 4.5 mil, that would be disappointing, no?
Dam James £20m on 17:11 - Jan 22 with 1249 viewstrampie

20 big ones at this stage of his career, not worth anything near that at the moment [and I think he has bags of potential and im very hopeful for the future] but hypothetically if somebody offered 20 big ones for him now then it would be a sell and there would be no choice but to sell for a club like Swansea.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Dam James £20m on 17:13 - Jan 22 with 1241 viewsjasper_T

Dam James £20m on 17:06 - Jan 22 by Jonathans_coat

We haven’t..........

......but if he went for 4.5 mil, that would be disappointing, no?

I'd be annoyed whatever the amount is, personally.
Dam James £20m on 17:21 - Jan 22 with 1219 viewsJonathans_coat

Dam James £20m on 17:13 - Jan 22 by jasper_T

I'd be annoyed whatever the amount is, personally.

Ditto. But £4.5 million is really daft. I know his contract situation isn’t totally sorted, but could be £20 mil in 2/3 seasons.

Most annoying thing is that you just know he isn’t going to be replaced. Look at the difference he made in the 2nd half vs Sheff Utd. If we sell him for less than £5mil, it indicates that we are in a bigger financial hole than we thought!
Dam James £20m on 17:24 - Jan 22 with 1214 viewsjasper_T

Mepham's going to Bournemouth for £12m, but Brentford's season's already done and Bournemouth are an established PL club who can offer him a massive payrise and better level of football.
Dam James £20m on 17:25 - Jan 22 with 1208 viewsjasper_T

Dam James £20m on 17:21 - Jan 22 by Jonathans_coat

Ditto. But £4.5 million is really daft. I know his contract situation isn’t totally sorted, but could be £20 mil in 2/3 seasons.

Most annoying thing is that you just know he isn’t going to be replaced. Look at the difference he made in the 2nd half vs Sheff Utd. If we sell him for less than £5mil, it indicates that we are in a bigger financial hole than we thought!

We bought McKay and Asoro in the summer so I wouldn't expect him to be directly replaced, no. Garrick progressing well in the u23s as well.

I'd expect Potter to look at strengthening other areas first.
Dam James £20m on 17:38 - Jan 22 with 1165 views34dfgdf54

Dam James £20m on 17:24 - Jan 22 by jasper_T

Mepham's going to Bournemouth for £12m, but Brentford's season's already done and Bournemouth are an established PL club who can offer him a massive payrise and better level of football.

Ours isn’t done.

No excuses selling for that cheap (£4.5m), no way.

Edit - if it happens. Not seen any official quotes.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2019 17:40]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024