Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread 17:01 - Jan 15 with 16713 viewsjackharris

Swansea manager Graham Potter admitted, "We are some way off
being a top-six side still" after seeing his team share the spoils in
a 1-1 draw with Preston last weekend. Courtney Baker-Richardson
finished a superb team move to give the Swans a slender
advantage they merited, before North End hit back from the
penalty spot only five minutes later. Preston had the best chance
to find a winner before Earl's dismissal, but Erwin Mulder made a
double save to deny them. Bersant Celina was Swansea's most
likely threat in forward areas and played a key role in the opener,
although the youngster was unable to create any further
opportunities of note despite the hosts being reduced to 10 men
late on.

Post-match, Potter said: "You need to survive key moments and
be a bit more clinical. We gave the ball away too easily and did
not do enough to score more than one." The Swansea boss will
now look forward to the return of top goalscorer Oli McBurnie
from illness here, while midfielder Tom Carroll has returned
to training after three months out injured.

Sheffield United move into automatic promotion places
David McGoldrick scored his 10th goal of the season as
Sheffield United beat QPR to move into the Championship's
top two. The Irish international scored the winning goal before
half-time, heading Ollie Norwood's cross home as the Blades
produced a solid, if unspectacular, performance to
edge what was largely an even contest at Bramall Lane.

John Egan came close to making it 2-0 late on when he nodded
wide at the far post, but United were rarely seriously threatened
by the Hoops as they bounced back from their shock FA Cup Third
Round defeat to non-league Barnet with their fourth successive
league win. Victory, coupled with dropped points for Norwich,
saw the Blades move into second.

January signings Gary Madine and Kieran Dowell started on the
bench last Saturday and are expected to play a role as a
substitute on Saturday once more. Chris Basham returned from
suspension to start against QPR and should line-up on the
right-side of defence in Sheffield United's preferred 3-5-2
system. Leon Clarke and Paul Coutts are hoping for recalls.
Tickets: there are still lots of tickets available in most parts
of the stadium. Most of the blue areas have sporadic seats
available. The North West and South West Corners have some
rows of seats situated together.

Sheffield United will be bringing over 1,000 fans on Saturday.

[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 22:51]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 19:04 - Jan 15 with 7424 viewsOldjack

They've come a long way since we stuffed them ,this could be very interesting

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 23:24 - Jan 15 with 7353 viewsbuilthjack

Let's do the double on these.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 20:23 - Jan 17 with 7111 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 17:06]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 16:15 - Jan 18 with 6937 viewsOldjack

This should be a sticky

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 17:10 - Jan 18 with 6879 viewsunion_jack

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 23:24 - Jan 15 by builthjack

Let's do the double on these.

???

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 17:37 - Jan 18 with 6858 viewsjackharris

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 17:10 - Jan 18 by union_jack

???

Beat them twice in one season!

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 18:09 - Jan 18 with 6824 viewsunion_jack

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 17:37 - Jan 18 by jackharris

Beat them twice in one season!

I knew what it meant but I’d just been reading the Bristol City ticket allocation thread and my mind was still on that game.

Put it down to old age!!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 18:19 - Jan 18 with 6814 viewsjack_lord

Seems the electronic sign around Swansea think we are playing Sheffield Wednesday.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 20:15 - Jan 18 with 6693 viewsjasper_T

Not starting a new thread for this but all the 'man to man marking on corners' advocates check out Norwich's third goal tonight for how it can all go wrong. Attacker gets a free run into an empty six yard box because no one is occupying any of the big danger zones. One man fails to win his one on one battle and a simple goal conceded.
The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 20:22 - Jan 18 with 6695 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 20:15 - Jan 18 by jasper_T

Not starting a new thread for this but all the 'man to man marking on corners' advocates check out Norwich's third goal tonight for how it can all go wrong. Attacker gets a free run into an empty six yard box because no one is occupying any of the big danger zones. One man fails to win his one on one battle and a simple goal conceded.

Whereas we'd never concede a simple headed goal in or around the six yard box. NEVER.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 20:27 - Jan 18 with 6675 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 20:22 - Jan 18 by monmouth

Whereas we'd never concede a simple headed goal in or around the six yard box. NEVER.

Well yeah but every anti-zonal marking thread we have has people acting as if basic man marking would solve all our problems and wouldn't be just as simple to exploit when a good team prepares for it.

Potter's zonal system looks a little better recently with Rodon moved to the back of the six yard box.
The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 20:29 - Jan 18 with 6667 viewsOldjack

Mr Harris those last six need up dating

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 20:39 - Jan 18 with 6661 viewsjackharris

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 20:29 - Jan 18 by Oldjack

Mr Harris those last six need up dating

The table will need updating. Why the last 6 Alan?

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 20:42 - Jan 18 with 6655 viewsbryanwadesquiff

If we put in an Old School Swansea Performance and get a result tomorrow with other results going for us we're still only a win and a draw away from a top six spot. If the unthinkable happened and we did get Promoted (by the playoffs) would it be too soon to make an impact and survive? Considering the squad we have now compared to the 2011 squad with Ash, Joe, Leon, Taylor, and Dyer stepping up to be Premiership players with relative ease, do we have four or five players who could form the back bone of a team that could compete in the Premiership?
Or does it take 4 to 5 Years of Building like the last time or even Tosh's Team James, Curtis, Charles etc.
The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 20:46 - Jan 18 with 6632 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 20:42 - Jan 18 by bryanwadesquiff

If we put in an Old School Swansea Performance and get a result tomorrow with other results going for us we're still only a win and a draw away from a top six spot. If the unthinkable happened and we did get Promoted (by the playoffs) would it be too soon to make an impact and survive? Considering the squad we have now compared to the 2011 squad with Ash, Joe, Leon, Taylor, and Dyer stepping up to be Premiership players with relative ease, do we have four or five players who could form the back bone of a team that could compete in the Premiership?
Or does it take 4 to 5 Years of Building like the last time or even Tosh's Team James, Curtis, Charles etc.

I doubt the bottom third of the PL is going to be any better next season so anyone going up is going to have a chance at survival.
The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 21:33 - Jan 18 with 6573 viewsOldjack

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 20:39 - Jan 18 by jackharris

The table will need updating. Why the last 6 Alan?

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 22:52 - Jan 18 with 6496 viewsjackharris

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 21:33 - Jan 18 by Oldjack

It’s all up to date I don’t know what you mean?

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 00:12 - Jan 19 with 6401 viewswestside

some pre match views

https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/pre-match-view-from-swansea.68895/
The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 06:51 - Jan 19 with 6288 viewsCaptain_Sham

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 20:42 - Jan 18 by bryanwadesquiff

Tosh team had 4 players who played in all Divisions. It seems what we did in with both Martinez and Toshack was assemble the core of the squad further down the league. For us to do that we have to get relegated. The championship is a difficult place to build a team. I don't see a team that can compete in the Premier League at the moment , or even the beginnings of one.

Its just a ride.

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 08:38 - Jan 19 with 6244 viewsChief

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 00:12 - Jan 19 by westside

some pre match views

https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/pre-match-view-from-swansea.68895/

So swans fans are being stereotypical for thinking they're a long ball team - so they respond by bringing up the biggest stereotype of all. That all Welsh people have intimate relations with sheep.

Hope we batter these, cocky baastards getting ideas above their station.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 10:08 - Jan 19 with 6140 viewssainthelens

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 08:38 - Jan 19 by Chief

So swans fans are being stereotypical for thinking they're a long ball team - so they respond by bringing up the biggest stereotype of all. That all Welsh people have intimate relations with sheep.

Hope we batter these, cocky baastards getting ideas above their station.

Be nice for them to experience fresh air tonight....bless.
Home win 2-1.
The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 10:17 - Jan 19 with 6134 viewsBadlands

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 20:15 - Jan 18 by jasper_T

When I played in goal the six yard box was mine.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 10:54 - Jan 19 with 6080 viewsswan65split

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 10:17 - Jan 19 by Badlands

When I played in goal the six yard box was mine.

When I played in goal , the ball rarely reached the 6 yd box
The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 11:51 - Jan 19 with 5986 viewsbuilthjack

I will be in the West today. You will know who I am cos I will be singing

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 11:51 - Jan 19 with 5986 viewsOldjack

The Official Swansea City v Sheffield United Match Thread on 22:52 - Jan 18 by jackharris

It’s all up to date I don’t know what you mean?

22/12/18 is up to date

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024