Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Soton v Derby VAR decision 20:56 - Jan 16 with 1191 viewsBrynCartwright

Goal disallowed for Derby against Southampton in the first half via VAR because of obvious off side. However, nearly all the pundits decry it as a travesty of a decision,and absolutely panning VAR. Anyone else see it? I thought it was clear cut, or am I half cut?

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Soton v Derby VAR decision on 21:04 - Jan 16 with 1167 viewsswan_si

Definite off side, if the derby player had touched the ball instead of letting it run through then the goal would of stood, he didn't so the decision was correct, isn't that why VAR was introduced?
Soton v Derby VAR decision on 21:14 - Jan 16 with 1142 viewshobo

Get rid once and for all
Soton v Derby VAR decision on 21:16 - Jan 16 with 1130 viewshobo

The fans can't celebrate goals as each one is automatically checked by VAR This isn't what football is about. It will kill the game
Soton v Derby VAR decision on 21:24 - Jan 16 with 1113 viewsBrynCartwright

Soton v Derby VAR decision on 21:16 - Jan 16 by hobo

The fans can't celebrate goals as each one is automatically checked by VAR This isn't what football is about. It will kill the game

VAR should only be used if there is any doubt in the veracity of a goal, not for clear cut goals. It's use should be as fluid as it is in rugby, and cannot but be a great positive contribution in my opinion, considering how we all bemoan the quality of refereeing these days..

Soton v Derby VAR decision on 21:31 - Jan 16 with 1088 viewsLibertarian

VAR proved he was offside, so the goal was disallowed. Good decision.
Soton v Derby VAR decision on 21:36 - Jan 16 with 1077 viewshobo

Soton v Derby VAR decision on 21:24 - Jan 16 by BrynCartwright

VAR should only be used if there is any doubt in the veracity of a goal, not for clear cut goals. It's use should be as fluid as it is in rugby, and cannot but be a great positive contribution in my opinion, considering how we all bemoan the quality of refereeing these days..

I find it awful in rugby too. They review most of the tries even if they have no clear reason in doing so
Soton v Derby VAR decision on 21:41 - Jan 16 with 1066 viewsswan_si

If only we could clone Sian Massey.
Soton v Derby VAR decision on 21:47 - Jan 16 with 1045 viewslonglostjack

Soton v Derby VAR decision on 21:36 - Jan 16 by hobo

I find it awful in rugby too. They review most of the tries even if they have no clear reason in doing so

Football isn’t rugby though where you have players all piled up on the line as VAR looks at all different camera angles taking a lot of time up. In football the decisions are much easier to see with the help of cameras and VAR works well.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Login to get fewer ads

Soton v Derby VAR decision on 21:52 - Jan 16 with 1037 viewsBrynCartwright

Soton v Derby VAR decision on 21:36 - Jan 16 by hobo

Sorry, but i cannot agree with you at all. VAR has been a massive asset to rugby, and once it is perfected, will be a massive asset to football as well.

Soton v Derby VAR decision on 21:54 - Jan 16 with 1033 viewsBillyChong

Rubbish system that will kill the game. No one will celebrate a goal for fear of the VAR. There was no secondary celebration when the Derby goal was awarded either. Get rid now.
Soton v Derby VAR decision on 23:12 - Jan 16 with 942 viewsgrabsplatter

If VAR was in operation it would have disallowed a clearly offside goal that put Newcastle 3 - 2 up last night.
Ask Blackburn fans whether they're in favour of it.
Soton v Derby VAR decision on 01:13 - Jan 17 with 874 viewsWanderer

Agree with this, do not like VAR myself.
Soton v Derby VAR decision on 07:35 - Jan 17 with 757 viewsdickythorpe

Why isn't it compulsory for every game?
Soton v Derby VAR decision on 08:58 - Jan 17 with 684 viewsoldcob

Nothing wrong with VAR, it helps get decisions right. It's the way it's used is often wrong. Blame the officials if VAR spoils your enjoyment of the game.
Soton v Derby VAR decision on 09:32 - Jan 17 with 656 viewsJackSomething

Often fans can be celebrating a goal for ages before realising the offside flag has gone up. Does that kill the game?

I understand it's frustrating in the ground and more needs to be done on communicating what's going on to the fans. They could look at the way NFL officials tell the fans what is being checked. NFL stadiums are also replaying the incident so fans can see for themselves and often they know the call before it's made. Not sure if that would work with weird football rules on showing replays in stadiums.

I would rather have to wait to celebrate than have the Swans lose points because of an incorrect decision by the officials.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Soton v Derby VAR decision on 09:33 - Jan 17 with 655 viewsMrSwerve

The best part was when Southampton fans were chanting 'V A R' after Redmond skied his penalty.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Soton v Derby VAR decision on 14:28 - Jan 17 with 537 viewsBadlands

VAR in all games from Championship up is a must.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024