Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Duke of Edinburgh 18:41 - Jan 17 with 4962 viewslonglostjack

I suppose the police followed procedure in an RTA and immediately breathalyzed him.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Duke of Edinburgh on 09:02 - Jan 19 with 1170 viewsPacemaker

Duke of Edinburgh on 19:24 - Jan 18 by Whiterockin

I don't dispute the facts.
I just feel that older drivers should not be able to drive, unchecked for as long as they want. Declaring or not declaring known medical conditions does not mean you are safe/unsafe to drive. In many the reactions are slower and their mind lacks the concentration to drive safely. Many family members know of an elderly relative that in their words "should not be driving" but do nothing about it. Probably because they don't want to be the one to take their freedom away, or they don't want to be the ones to take them shopping every week.

I took my fathers car and licence off him at 79, he had several serious health issues including heart attacks and a stroke. He had got to the stage where he could drive on auto pilot locally but was getting into a few incidents without actually having any collisions ( whether he saw any in his rear view mirror I don’t know). I just felt concerned that he would hurt himself or someone else.

He was extremely annoyed with me and the obvious lack of independence with his health issues was a massive shock to both of my parents my mother had never driven. However as time passed he admitted that he was not safe to drive despite driving from the age of 16 without an accident.

The guilt I felt was only just covered by the reassurance he could not hurt himself or anyone else.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Duke of Edinburgh on 09:13 - Jan 19 with 1165 viewsjackal

Duke of Edinburgh on 09:02 - Jan 19 by Pacemaker

I took my fathers car and licence off him at 79, he had several serious health issues including heart attacks and a stroke. He had got to the stage where he could drive on auto pilot locally but was getting into a few incidents without actually having any collisions ( whether he saw any in his rear view mirror I don’t know). I just felt concerned that he would hurt himself or someone else.

He was extremely annoyed with me and the obvious lack of independence with his health issues was a massive shock to both of my parents my mother had never driven. However as time passed he admitted that he was not safe to drive despite driving from the age of 16 without an accident.

The guilt I felt was only just covered by the reassurance he could not hurt himself or anyone else.

No guilt.
You did exactly the right thing.
Imagine he guilt if you hadn't and something bad had happened.
Duke of Edinburgh on 09:55 - Jan 19 with 1121 viewsjackharris

Duke of Edinburgh on 09:02 - Jan 19 by Pacemaker

Don’t feel guilty. You definitely did the right thing for your Dad, your family and the general public.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Duke of Edinburgh on 10:37 - Jan 19 with 1095 viewstheloneranger

Just one day and approx 1 mile from Phil's crash, the 92 year old Queen was pictured driving her car on a public road without wearing a seat belt.

The Queen is the only person in the country who is legally allowed to drive without a driving licence, and she is immune from any civil or criminal proceedings.!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Duke of Edinburgh on 10:56 - Jan 19 with 1086 viewsLohengrin

Duke of Edinburgh on 10:37 - Jan 19 by theloneranger

Just one day and approx 1 mile from Phil's crash, the 92 year old Queen was pictured driving her car on a public road without wearing a seat belt.

The Queen is the only person in the country who is legally allowed to drive without a driving licence, and she is immune from any civil or criminal proceedings.!!

Gilet jaune Britannique... she’s taking back control!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Duke of Edinburgh on 12:29 - Jan 19 with 1043 viewsPegojack

Duke of Edinburgh on 22:12 - Jan 17 by longlostjack

Good. Thought the news management was interesting on the BBC. Breaking news as Huw Edwards handed over to Buckingham Palace where the journalist read from a Palace statement. Within two minutes of the statement Nicholas Witchell was giving a commentary. Putin couldn’t have managed it better.

I saw that, Longlost.

It was really hard understanding Nicholas Witchell speaking, though, his tongue was so far up HRH's arse.
Duke of Edinburgh on 12:34 - Jan 19 with 1042 viewssainthelens

Apparently she was fckn leathered.
Duke of Edinburgh on 13:12 - Jan 19 with 1015 viewsHighjack

She doesn’t need a seatbelt, she’s got God saving her.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

Duke of Edinburgh on 13:27 - Jan 19 with 1003 viewsWarwickHunt

Duke of Edinburgh on 12:29 - Jan 19 by Pegojack

I saw that, Longlost.

It was really hard understanding Nicholas Witchell speaking, though, his tongue was so far up HRH's arse.

Nicholas Weasel as he’s known at the Beeb.
Duke of Edinburgh on 08:48 - Jan 20 with 906 viewsjackal

I see that The Duke has been out in his new car and police have spoken to him because he wasn't wearing his seat belt.

These people are ridiculous,
Duke of Edinburgh on 09:08 - Jan 20 with 892 viewsLord_Bony

Duke of Edinburgh on 08:48 - Jan 20 by jackal

I see that The Duke has been out in his new car and police have spoken to him because he wasn't wearing his seat belt.

These people are ridiculous,

Yes no seatbelt and he hasn't even apologized to the woman driver he almost killed.
What a cad eh?

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Duke of Edinburgh on 09:15 - Jan 20 with 884 viewsLohengrin

Duke of Edinburgh on 09:08 - Jan 20 by Lord_Bony

Yes no seatbelt and he hasn't even apologized to the woman driver he almost killed.
What a cad eh?

That’s not true. Even The Gruniad reported the first thing the old boy did was enquire after her welfare. He’s bonkers not bad.

Duke of Edinburgh on 09:20 - Jan 20 with 877 viewsLord_Bony

Duke of Edinburgh on 09:15 - Jan 20 by Lohengrin

That’s not true. Even The Gruniad reported the first thing the old boy did was enquire after her welfare. He’s bonkers not bad.

I think the victim is saying he has not even taken the time to personally apologize?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6611205/Mother-two-broke-wrist-Sandring

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Duke of Edinburgh on 09:29 - Jan 20 with 865 viewsLohengrin

Duke of Edinburgh on 09:20 - Jan 20 by Lord_Bony

I think the victim is saying he has not even taken the time to personally apologize?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6611205/Mother-two-broke-wrist-Sandring

From the article you linked:

“Retired NHS worker Victoria Warne told The Sun she spoke to the Duke as she looked after the injured occupants of the Kia.

The 72-year-old from Norfolk said: 'The passenger from the other car told me, 'I always wanted to meet a Royal - but not this way'.

She said the Duke - who was found to have 'no injuries of concern' after his check-up on Friday morning - asked about the welfare of the people involved in the crash.

'I told him the baby was fine - but we thought the passenger had broken her arm,' she said.

'He looked so worried and told me, 'I'm such a fool'.'

Duke of Edinburgh on 09:36 - Jan 20 with 853 viewsjackal

Duke of Edinburgh on 09:08 - Jan 20 by Lord_Bony

What a cad eh?

How quickly did he get that brand new car? He must have some influence somewhere!

They'd better have another one standing by.
Duke of Edinburgh on 09:39 - Jan 20 with 845 viewsLord_Bony

It's a bit confusing isn't it? 🙃

'I love the Royals but I've been ignored and rejected and I'm in a lot of pain.

'It would mean the world to me if Prince Philip said sorry but I have no idea if he's sorry at all.

'What would it have taken for him and the Queen to send me a card and a bunch of flowers?'

The crash came for the 46-year-old whose birthday is on Sunday after a string of unfortunate life changes including losing her job and her marriage. "

Duke of Edinburgh on 09:42 - Jan 20 with 834 viewsLord_Bony

Duke of Edinburgh on 09:36 - Jan 20 by jackal

How quickly did he get that brand new car? He must have some influence somewhere!

Must be some deal with the manufacturer.

But the cost with all the security measures and arnour plating must be eye watering.

It does raise the question of security for this vulnerable,elderly driver I would imagine.

Duke of Edinburgh on 09:46 - Jan 20 with 827 viewsjackal

Duke of Edinburgh on 09:39 - Jan 20 by Lord_Bony

It's a bit confusing isn't it? 🙃

'I love the Royals but I've been ignored and rejected and I'm in a lot of pain.

'It would mean the world to me if Prince Philip said sorry but I have no idea if he's sorry at all.

'What would it have taken for him and the Queen to send me a card and a bunch of flowers?'

The crash came for the 46-year-old whose birthday is on Sunday after a string of unfortunate life changes including losing her job and her marriage. "

Sorry to hear that your in pain.

I'm not a fan of the Royals. It shows such a lack of sensitivity to be seen so shortly after the accident flaunting a brand new Discovery whilst the woman is injured at home.

How long before this woman gets a new car? Longer than a day I'll bet.
Duke of Edinburgh on 10:06 - Jan 20 with 799 viewsWarwickHunt

Duke of Edinburgh on 09:15 - Jan 20 by Lohengrin

Asked about her welfare through the nurse.

They always ‘have people’ to deal with stuff like this...
Duke of Edinburgh on 10:10 - Jan 20 with 799 viewsAnotherJohn

I am sympathetic to the old codger and think it is important not to rush to judgement, but being seen so soon after the accident without a seat belt was most unwise. People will be muttering about Toad of Toad Hall.
Duke of Edinburgh on 10:15 - Jan 20 with 786 viewsexiledclaseboy

Duke of Edinburgh on 09:46 - Jan 20 by jackal

Sorry to hear that your in pain.

I'm not a fan of the Royals. It shows such a lack of sensitivity to be seen so shortly after the accident flaunting a brand new Discovery whilst the woman is injured at home.

How long before this woman gets a new car? Longer than a day I'll bet.

She can probably buy one with the money she made selling her non story to the papers.

“Driver in minor road traffic accident shocker”.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2019 10:24]

Poll: Tory leader

Duke of Edinburgh on 10:21 - Jan 20 with 779 viewsKilkennyjack

Duke of Edinburgh on 09:36 - Jan 20 by jackal

And - unfortunately - an ambulance.

Listen Phil the Greek, if not now, then when... ?
You are too old mun ....

I do hope Brenda has a word with him, and saves furher embarrassment and/or injury ...🇬🇧 🚗
[Post edited 20 Jan 2019 10:23]

Beware of the Risen People

Duke of Edinburgh on 10:40 - Jan 20 with 759 viewsjackal

Duke of Edinburgh on 10:15 - Jan 20 by exiledclaseboy

She can probably buy one with the money she made selling her non story to the papers.

“Driver in minor road traffic accident shocker”.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2019 10:24]

I hope she makes a fortune.
Duke of Edinburgh on 13:28 - Jan 20 with 702 viewssherpajacob

97 year old man and 9 month old baby involved in serious car accident.

The entire focus of the UK media has been on the well being of the old man.

Welcome to Britain 2019.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024