Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U23s vs Oxford 11:43 - Jan 19 with 2123 viewsjasper_T

U23s vs Oxford on 11:45 - Jan 19 with 2115 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Whatever happened to "playing your best team"?
U23s vs Oxford on 11:51 - Jan 19 with 2093 viewsjasper_T

U23s vs Oxford on 11:45 - Jan 19 by A_Fans_Dad

Whatever happened to "playing your best team"?

Our best team has been terrible.

Cup game. Mild fixture congestion. Give some other kids a chance.
U23s vs Oxford on 12:02 - Jan 19 with 2063 viewsjasper_T

Oh good it's this commentator again.

Droning Brum prick.
U23s vs Oxford on 12:53 - Jan 19 with 1970 viewsjasper_T

1-0 at half time. Good header by Garrick off a unexpectedly good left-footed cross from Reid.

Tom Price playing well. Dhanda lost his head a few times out of frustration. Withers pretty tidy but looks like McBurnie out there he's so skinny.
U23s vs Oxford on 13:38 - Jan 19 with 1901 viewsBadlands

Song for Dhanda - just the hook Proper Dhanda?

(Wasting time before the late kick off.)

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

U23s vs Oxford on 13:41 - Jan 19 with 1891 viewsjasper_T

Price cuts out a poor clearance, Dhanda plays in Asoro who rounds the keeper 2-0.

A minute ago Price made a great block to stop them equalising (while Harries was off the pitch being treated for injuries sustained in a wrestling match that he lost and somehow got booked for).
U23s vs Oxford on 01:19 - Jan 20 with 1592 viewsChief

Who and what is Cameron Berry Jasper Tudor? He's a new one on me

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

U23s vs Oxford on 07:28 - Jan 20 with 1520 viewsjasper_T

U23s vs Oxford on 01:19 - Jan 20 by Chief

Who and what is Cameron Berry Jasper Tudor? He's a new one on me

U18s player who broke both his leg and his wrist in the last couple of seasons. Not sure I've seen him play before either, he's been one of those names you see on squad lists and wonder if it's just a con to get extra grant money.

Did alright on the left of the diamond, considering it was his debut. Won a few free kicks with his agility and quick feet on the ball.
Login to get fewer ads

U23s vs Oxford on 08:35 - Jan 20 with 1485 viewscsf

U23s vs Oxford on 13:41 - Jan 19 by jasper_T

Price cuts out a poor clearance, Dhanda plays in Asoro who rounds the keeper 2-0.

A minute ago Price made a great block to stop them equalising (while Harries was off the pitch being treated for injuries sustained in a wrestling match that he lost and somehow got booked for).

Is Tom Price any good Jasper? Knew him as a youngster when I used to do work at the local comp. Seemed like a really nice kid, didn't know how capable he was on the pitch but he's gone pretty far.
U23s vs Oxford on 10:13 - Jan 20 with 1422 viewsjasper_T

U23s vs Oxford on 08:35 - Jan 20 by csf

Is Tom Price any good Jasper? Knew him as a youngster when I used to do work at the local comp. Seemed like a really nice kid, didn't know how capable he was on the pitch but he's gone pretty far.

Someone asked me that via pm not too long ago and I said I didn't think much of him. But it's his first season in the u23s and he's been getting games in fits and starts.

Works hard, reads the game well defensively and (now that it's been pointed out to me) clearly two-footed.

Lacks that extra spark of quality Jack Evans has on the ball from defensive mid, but that may show in time. Toshack spent a lot of the game shouting "where's the space, Tom" to get him to go looking to receive the ball. Hopefully he gets a better run now in the back half of the season, with some of the older players either going on loan or just being forgotten about.

He plays a problem position so give him another year on his deal imo.
U23s vs Oxford on 11:12 - Jan 20 with 1362 viewsGaz_M

Interesting that Garrick is having more opportunities from a central position instead of that right wing where his technical limitations were clear for all to see.

Tyler Reid looks massive.
U23s vs Oxford on 12:41 - Jan 20 with 1293 viewsChief

If Jack Evans hadn't contracted his unfortunate illness, would he be near the first team yet? Is he similar to Byers in style and standard?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

U23s vs Oxford on 13:43 - Jan 20 with 1254 viewsjasper_T

U23s vs Oxford on 12:41 - Jan 20 by Chief

If Jack Evans hadn't contracted his unfortunate illness, would he be near the first team yet? Is he similar to Byers in style and standard?

I thought so. Seemed insane to me that Ryan Blair went on the preseason tour instead of Jack (turned out Potter wanted him at left back though so a different kind of insane).

He's the polar opposite of Byers as a midfielder in style, but he was the standout for me most weeks through the second half of last season. Kept us in more than his share of games. Defensively very bright, sensible on the ball, capable of a bit of skill and a defence splitting pass when it's on. Not a goalscorer.

A few questions athletically (which is the same as Byers, I suppose) and good for a booking a game due to tactical fouls and aggression in the tackle. But he's a type of player we lack in the first team so could have found a pathway open in the first half of the season the same way DJ and Joe did.
U23s vs Oxford on 13:52 - Jan 20 with 1242 viewsglanmorjak

It was a toss up between Adnan Maric and Jack Evans for a place in the Swans FA Cup squad last season but Carvalhal preferred the attacking play if Maric to Evansโ€™s more defensive qualities.
Evans has been a huge loss to the 23โ€™s this season and one wishes him all the best in his recovery
U23s vs Oxford on 14:01 - Jan 20 with 1226 viewsjasper_T

U23s vs Oxford on 13:52 - Jan 20 by glanmorjak

It was a toss up between Adnan Maric and Jack Evans for a place in the Swans FA Cup squad last season but Carvalhal preferred the attacking play if Maric to Evansโ€™s more defensive qualities.
Evans has been a huge loss to the 23โ€™s this season and one wishes him all the best in his recovery

Never felt that was Carvalhal's decision. Maric has some big fans in the back offices. He was the weak link in the u23s Evans/Byers/Maric midfield at the time.
U23s vs Oxford on 14:10 - Jan 20 with 1216 viewsLoyal

U23s vs Oxford on 13:43 - Jan 20 by jasper_T

I thought so. Seemed insane to me that Ryan Blair went on the preseason tour instead of Jack (turned out Potter wanted him at left back though so a different kind of insane).

He's the polar opposite of Byers as a midfielder in style, but he was the standout for me most weeks through the second half of last season. Kept us in more than his share of games. Defensively very bright, sensible on the ball, capable of a bit of skill and a defence splitting pass when it's on. Not a goalscorer.

A few questions athletically (which is the same as Byers, I suppose) and good for a booking a game due to tactical fouls and aggression in the tackle. But he's a type of player we lack in the first team so could have found a pathway open in the first half of the season the same way DJ and Joe did.

As the unofficial poster of the year 2018 I pronounce you 'Planet Swans young player information officer' 2019.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

U23s vs Oxford on 15:02 - Jan 20 with 1168 viewsglanmorjak

U23s vs Oxford on 14:01 - Jan 20 by jasper_T

Never felt that was Carvalhal's decision. Maric has some big fans in the back offices. He was the weak link in the u23s Evans/Byers/Maric midfield at the time.

Not sure if I agree with that, Byers is a bit of a show pony while at least Maric gets his share of goals plus he puts his foot in.
U23s vs Oxford on 15:15 - Jan 20 with 1151 viewsjasper_T

U23s vs Oxford on 15:02 - Jan 20 by glanmorjak

Not sure if I agree with that, Byers is a bit of a show pony while at least Maric gets his share of goals plus he puts his foot in.

Byers goals record is far better than Adnan's. Plus he gets assists.

Maric is a bit of a headless chicken. Loses the ball a lot (way too often for a centre mid). Always wants to break into a sprint and beat his man. Disappears from games when he's asked to play any sort of disciplined role.

He's not useless but I can't really see how he steps up without massively adapting his game somehow. It's a bit like Gorre, the things he does to impress in development football don't really work in the senior game, unless you're exceptionally talented.

He was bought for a load of money so he'll have his backers as long as he's at the club.
U23s vs Oxford on 15:34 - Jan 20 with 1130 viewsglanmorjak

U23s vs Oxford on 15:15 - Jan 20 by jasper_T

Byers goals record is far better than Adnan's. Plus he gets assists.

Maric is a bit of a headless chicken. Loses the ball a lot (way too often for a centre mid). Always wants to break into a sprint and beat his man. Disappears from games when he's asked to play any sort of disciplined role.

He's not useless but I can't really see how he steps up without massively adapting his game somehow. It's a bit like Gorre, the things he does to impress in development football don't really work in the senior game, unless you're exceptionally talented.

He was bought for a load of money so he'll have his backers as long as he's at the club.

However much Maric was bought for he is no different to many other U23 players, especially the Scottish midfielders who were no better than Josh Sheehan. We have brought in players, given them contracts after a trial and they were no better than what was already in the squad.
Agree that Byers scored more and had more assists than Maric but on many other occasions Byers disappeared while Maric did the donkey work along with Jack Evans.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024