Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can we make the play offs 19:29 - Jan 19 with 3628 viewsthornabyswan

Had to win today and deservedly did so.
75 points has to be the aim.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Can we make the play offs on 10:18 - Jan 20 with 1047 viewsjasper_T

Can we make the play offs on 08:01 - Jan 20 by jackal

Good call!

But with Joe out, we have only have two centre backs.

We desperately need some back up. Will the owners pay up before the end of Jan?

Don't hold your breath.

This is another one of those "we've only got one centre half" posts from deadline day.

We've got 5 talented centrebacks in the u23s. One played in League One. Another scored a goal in the Champion's League this season. We paid decent fees for two of them. We're not "desperate" for someone to sit on the bench for 6 weeks. The whole point of a reserve team is to provide depth and cover.
Can we make the play offs on 10:33 - Jan 20 with 1020 viewsthornabyswan

Can we make the play offs on 10:18 - Jan 20 by jasper_T

This is another one of those "we've only got one centre half" posts from deadline day.

We've got 5 talented centrebacks in the u23s. One played in League One. Another scored a goal in the Champion's League this season. We paid decent fees for two of them. We're not "desperate" for someone to sit on the bench for 6 weeks. The whole point of a reserve team is to provide depth and cover.

Do you think the owners have taken money out of the club.
And why do you think they won't show the accounts to the Trust.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Can we make the play offs on 10:48 - Jan 20 with 1000 viewsMuteswan

Can we make the play offs on 08:34 - Jan 20 by Thornburyswan

He did well to be fair but for me he's always likely to throw in one horlicks of an error every match - I guess that's what you get with a young CB learning the ropes - so with Rodin out for 6/7 weeks I'd expect a full range of results/performances with us being somewhere around 12th by the time he returns.

PS is it just me or does Carter-Vickers have the look of a very young Ash.

In six or seven weeks he could knock up another one of these.
Can we make the play offs on 11:54 - Jan 20 with 920 viewsjasper_T

Can we make the play offs on 10:33 - Jan 20 by thornabyswan

Do you think the owners have taken money out of the club.
And why do you think they won't show the accounts to the Trust.

Jenkins owns 5% and takes a salary, so yes. Money has been taken out of the club by owners. Now as it ever has been.

We made a profit of £13.4m on the last published accounts and didn't pay out a dividend so there couldn't have been too much value "stripped" that season. And we know full well where the money went last season, and where it's not coming in from this one.

They offered to show the monthly management accounts if the trust would sign additional confidentiality clauses last I heard.
Can we make the play offs on 12:16 - Jan 20 with 896 viewsGaz_M

Can we make the play offs on 08:34 - Jan 20 by Thornburyswan

He did well to be fair but for me he's always likely to throw in one horlicks of an error every match - I guess that's what you get with a young CB learning the ropes - so with Rodin out for 6/7 weeks I'd expect a full range of results/performances with us being somewhere around 12th by the time he returns.

PS is it just me or does Carter-Vickers have the look of a very young Ash.

I'm interested to know what you're basing his tendency to make a few ricks a game on?
Can we make the play offs on 12:33 - Jan 20 with 878 viewsjasper_T

Can we make the play offs on 12:16 - Jan 20 by Gaz_M

I'm interested to know what you're basing his tendency to make a few ricks a game on?

Almost scored a quality own goal yesterday.
Can we make the play offs on 12:38 - Jan 20 with 873 viewsChief

Can we make the play offs on 10:18 - Jan 20 by jasper_T

Who's the 5? Cooper, Harries, Cabango, Davies and who?

I know we paid for Harries from Coventry, which other one did we pay for?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Can we make the play offs on 12:46 - Jan 20 with 856 viewshobo

Can we make the play offs on 07:38 - Jan 20 by Tummer_from_Texas

Common theme I hear from commentators calling Swansea games this season, which I heard again yesterday from the ESPN guy during the 2nd half:

"Watching them now, it's hard to explain why they aren't higher up in the table."

Maybe a little more consistency and fewer brain farts this spring could go a long way.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2019 7:39]

Consistency comes with experience. I think we are over-achieving and for the commentator to make remarks like that shows how well we have done to reach that level of play
Login to get fewer ads

Can we make the play offs on 13:10 - Jan 20 with 816 viewsThornburyswan

Can we make the play offs on 12:16 - Jan 20 by Gaz_M

For me he appears to be on the back foot when the opposition are threatening so tends to arrive lastminute.com at situations - not surprising for a young CB learning the role - hence can lunge into challenges or his blocks can deflect back towards our goal (one yesterday in first half).

In addition he's not the best in the air or quickest over the ground (hence my Ash similarities) & so far lacks the confidence in physical one on ones, to be fair his confidence is improving.

Sounds like I'm slaughtering him & I'm not (or not intending to anyway!) as I think he has potential but concerned that next 8/9 matches with him starting with an even less experienced Harries on the bench.
Can we make the play offs on 13:51 - Jan 20 with 788 viewsjasper_T

Can we make the play offs on 12:38 - Jan 20 by Chief

Who's the 5? Cooper, Harries, Cabango, Davies and who?

I know we paid for Harries from Coventry, which other one did we pay for?

Jack Withers from Boston United. Shoulder injury kept him out all season. Made his U23s debut yesterday. Looks decent.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024