Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Diane Abbott Question Time is Racist? 13:34 - Jan 20 with 5249 viewswestwalesed

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/diane-abbott-question-time-fiona-

Apparently QT is legitimising racism in the way it "treated" Diane Abbott recently.

It's beyond pathetic.

I suppose when Barry Gardiner got ripped a new one in Milford Haven, QT was being homophobic was it?

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Diane Abbott Question Time is Racist? on 14:38 - Jan 21 with 1475 viewsHighjack

Diane Abbott Question Time is Racist? on 14:01 - Jan 21 by LeonWasGod

That's not the point though is it?

What is the point then? Politicians have been in the crosshairs of satire for centuries. If she can’t handle a little joke at her expense then she’s in the wrong job, but then we all knew that anyway.

Now if the joke was to do with the colour of her skin then of course it would be racist and completely unacceptable. But it wasn’t. Yet she still shouts “RACIST!” anyway which is her default response to any criticism.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Diane Abbott Question Time is Racist? on 16:48 - Jan 21 with 1417 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

I think the point being that Abbott is continually abused on line every day .

And then there’s no need for the BBC to stir a crowd up to bray at any political person From any side .

Simple as that I would say

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Diane Abbott Question Time is Racist? on 16:53 - Jan 21 with 1411 viewsvalleyboy

Diane Abbott Question Time is Racist? on 12:11 - Jan 21 by LeonWasGod

It wouldn't really help people decide, because the main complaint is that Fiona Bruce was taking the piss in Abbott's absence before the show started, just to warm up the audience. Which is a pretty poor from the host of the main BBC prime time political show. Assuming it happened of course - we can only take the word of those audience members who tweeted their concerns, but have no idea if those tweets themselves are true. Releasing the tapes (edit - if there are any) would get to the bottom of it.

We know the way Abbott was cut off about the polling trends was wrong - that's easy to prove and Labour were level or ahead in all polls except YouGov (the one the BBC chose to use). That surprised me, we only ever hear of Labour/Corbyn being behind from the BBC.

Diane Abbott can come across as a complete fool at times, but if the claims about what happened before the programme are true it's disgusting behaviour from Fiona Bruce (potentially a disciplinary matter).
[Post edited 21 Jan 2019 12:19]

Out of the last 8 opinion polls

Labour are only ahead in one of them

The other 7 they are either level or behind the Conservatives

Labour with all the problems the Conservatives have should be at least 20 points ahead if not much more

The only pollster that has Labour either 4 or 6 points behind the Conservatives is YouGov

Remembering as well, it was YouGov that got it right a week before the last election, whereas all the other pollsters had the Conservatives well ahead
Diane Abbott Question Time is Racist? on 17:02 - Jan 21 with 1405 viewsLeonWasGod

Diane Abbott Question Time is Racist? on 14:38 - Jan 21 by Highjack

What is the point then? Politicians have been in the crosshairs of satire for centuries. If she can’t handle a little joke at her expense then she’s in the wrong job, but then we all knew that anyway.

Now if the joke was to do with the colour of her skin then of course it would be racist and completely unacceptable. But it wasn’t. Yet she still shouts “RACIST!” anyway which is her default response to any criticism.

QT shouldn't be satire. Encouraging the audience to mock her before she's even turned up, and then cutting her off and sitting around giggling at her when she was correcting a false claim made by Oakeshott is petty at best, borderline bullying at worse.

Don't disagree with your second paragraph, she uses the race card way too much (such as in this incident). Although she does get racially abused online.
Diane Abbott Question Time is Racist? on 17:23 - Jan 21 with 1393 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Diane Abbott Question Time is Racist? on 16:53 - Jan 21 by valleyboy

Labour with all the problems the Conservatives have should be at least 20 points ahead if not much more

The only pollster that has Labour either 4 or 6 points behind the Conservatives is YouGov

Remembering as well, it was YouGov that got it right a week before the last election, whereas all the other pollsters had the Conservatives well ahead

Shall I show you the latest polls or should I wait for you to go and get this evidence?

In fact I’ll tell you now

That’s the biggest load of bolloxs that’s been written on this thread .

Where you get your information from

The bbc ?😀
[Post edited 21 Jan 2019 20:00]

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Diane Abbott Question Time is Racist? on 17:35 - Jan 21 with 1381 viewsJango

Not like Abbott to pull the race card. She forgets she’s a full blown racist herself.
Diane Abbott Question Time is Racist? on 18:08 - Jan 21 with 1354 viewsfelixstowe_jack

I don't think the BBC were unfair. I think is was more down to Fiona Bruce. She seemed far stronger than Dimbleby. If the guest was not answering the question or was going of subject she was willing interupt. Dimbleby was happy to let guests drone on. If Abbott answered the question she would not have been interrupted.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Diane Abbott Question Time is Racist? on 18:13 - Jan 21 with 1348 viewsHighjack

Diane Abbott Question Time is Racist? on 16:48 - Jan 21 by oh_tommy_tommy

I think the point being that Abbott is continually abused on line every day .

And then there’s no need for the BBC to stir a crowd up to bray at any political person From any side .

Simple as that I would say

There’s a massive difference between a cheeky satirical joke about her competence and past relationship with corbyn and some moronic drongo online posting something like “dye you fatt bitch n*gger” which is completely wrong in every way.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Login to get fewer ads

Diane Abbott Question Time is Racist? on 18:19 - Jan 21 with 1337 viewsHighjack

Diane Abbott Question Time is Racist? on 17:02 - Jan 21 by LeonWasGod

QT shouldn't be satire. Encouraging the audience to mock her before she's even turned up, and then cutting her off and sitting around giggling at her when she was correcting a false claim made by Oakeshott is petty at best, borderline bullying at worse.

Don't disagree with your second paragraph, she uses the race card way too much (such as in this incident). Although she does get racially abused online.

Why shouldn’t it be satirical? It’s a political discussion programme. You’ve often had comedians on there as guests.

Diane Abbott Question Time is Racist? on 19:46 - Jan 21 with 1299 viewsLohengrin

Wasn’t she one of the ones cheering loudest when Griffin was lynched on QT?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Diane Abbott Question Time is Racist? on 20:23 - Jan 21 with 1262 viewsexiledclaseboy

Nice to see the Tory shills defending the BBC for a change.

Poll: Tory leader

Diane Abbott Question Time is Racist? on 21:15 - Jan 21 with 1219 viewsNeathJack

Diane Abbott Question Time is Racist? on 16:53 - Jan 21 by valleyboy

Actually, it was Survation who had the most accurate poll. the rest were some way out.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/ng-interactive/2017/may/08/general-election

[Post edited 21 Jan 2019 21:18]
Diane Abbott Question Time is Racist? on 21:50 - Jan 21 with 1187 viewsWarwickHunt

Diane Abbott Question Time is Racist? on 18:19 - Jan 21 by Highjack

Why shouldn’t it be satirical? It’s a political discussion programme. You’ve often had comedians on there as guests.

Comedians and Nish Kumar.
Diane Abbott Question Time is Racist? on 14:00 - Jan 22 with 1063 viewswestwalesed

Diane Abbott Question Time is Racist? on 17:02 - Jan 21 by LeonWasGod

Obviously I wasn't in Derby but I was in the audience when it was in Milford Haven recently and I can 100% guarantee that nobody was encouraged to mock anybody prior to that show. I can also 100% guarantee that I had a full on 30 minute interview with the Producers before being allocated a ticket. They go to extraordinary lengths to try and ensure balance.

Diane Abbott Question Time is Racist? on 14:31 - Jan 22 with 1052 viewstrampie

Diane Abbott Question Time is Racist? on 14:00 - Jan 22 by westwalesed

Obviously I wasn't in Derby but I was in the audience when it was in Milford Haven recently and I can 100% guarantee that nobody was encouraged to mock anybody prior to that show. I can also 100% guarantee that I had a full on 30 minute interview with the Producers before being allocated a ticket. They go to extraordinary lengths to try and ensure balance.

Impartial the BBC ?...…...hmm, they are right wing, wasn't Dimbleby's panel on his last Question Time, two Conservative MPs Nicky Morgan and David Davis, one Labour MP Angela Rayner, one Green in Caroline Lucas and one comedian in Jo Brand with no Lib-Dem politician ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Diane Abbott Question Time is Racist? on 14:33 - Jan 22 with 1049 viewswestwalesed

Diane Abbott Question Time is Racist? on 14:31 - Jan 22 by trampie

Impartial the BBC ?...…...hmm, they are right wing, wasn't Dimbleby's panel on his last Question Time, two Conservative MPs Nicky Morgan and David Davis, one Labour MP Angela Rayner, one Green in Caroline Lucas and one comedian in Jo Brand with no Lib-Dem politician ?

David Davis was obviously on there because he is a prominent Leaver, whilst the other four are Remainers, so I fail to see how the BBC is "right-wing" on that count.

But then anything to the right of Stalin is right wing in your book.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2019 14:34]

Diane Abbott Question Time is Racist? on 14:43 - Jan 22 with 1038 viewstrampie

Diane Abbott Question Time is Racist? on 14:33 - Jan 22 by westwalesed

David Davis was obviously on there because he is a prominent Leaver, whilst the other four are Remainers, so I fail to see how the BBC is "right-wing" on that count.

But then anything to the right of Stalin is right wing in your book.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2019 14:34]

2 Conservatives on the panel is not going to extraordinary lengths to try and ensure balance is it ?, two things are important in sport and politics - two be fair and to be seen to be fair [its my own line - ive been using it for years, lol].

Anyway when are you opening up the pub you are going to take over ?, im looking forward to trying it out, I might be forthright in my views on here but im sure you will find me polite, quiet and respectful.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024