Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We could have been contenders... 20:08 - Jan 20 with 2478 viewsSwanjaxs

If only our paymasters would back Potter with the funds for two or three incomings we would be nailed on for a play off spot... perhaps 2 million would have covered it.. ain't gona happen though... it's the hope that kills you aye 😞
[Post edited 20 Jan 2019 20:09]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

We could have been contenders... on 20:23 - Jan 20 with 1819 viewsBillyChong

£800k went on Declan John
We could have been contenders... on 20:28 - Jan 20 with 1807 viewsthornabyswan

We could have been contenders... on 20:23 - Jan 20 by BillyChong

£800k went on Declan John

Could of got Shankland for that.

But I wouldn't worry too much we wasted 20 m on A.Ayew 12m on Bony a similar fee on Clucas 15m on Baston
And the man responsible is still filling his pockets.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

We could have been contenders... on 20:33 - Jan 20 with 1785 viewsmagicdaps10

It is frustrating.
Not a lot needs to be spent but a good scouting network is essential, that looks unlikely with Jenkins sticking his nose in again.......it was meant to be Kyle MacCauley's gig.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

We could have been contenders... on 20:48 - Jan 20 with 1736 viewsthornabyswan

We could have been contenders... on 20:33 - Jan 20 by magicdaps10

It is frustrating.
Not a lot needs to be spent but a good scouting network is essential, that looks unlikely with Jenkins sticking his nose in again.......it was meant to be Kyle MacCauley's gig.

Don't need a scout after listening to Pearlman have not got a pot to pi$$ in thanks to past mistakes.
No idea why we need Pearlman Jenkins or Donavon though how can their wages be justified if we are skint.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

We could have been contenders... on 21:19 - Jan 20 with 1682 viewsoldcob

With two or three new players 90% of the clubs in the Championship would be contenders.
We could have been contenders... on 21:24 - Jan 20 with 1668 viewsSwanjaxs

We could have been contenders... on 21:19 - Jan 20 by oldcob

With two or three new players 90% of the clubs in the Championship would be contenders.

Not really though is it.... look we have a punchers chance of getting in to the top 6 as it is, a couple of additions be it on loan or permanent will see us coast in in my honest opinion.... all about opinions though 👍
[Post edited 20 Jan 2019 21:25]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

We could have been contenders... on 21:28 - Jan 20 with 1649 viewswestside

Yanks have always neglected the squad that's why we got relegated.
We could have been contenders... on 21:38 - Jan 20 with 1626 viewsjasper_T

We could have been contenders... on 21:28 - Jan 20 by westside

They spent way too much on players and we're still paying for some of them.

Poor quality cost us, not a lack of transfers. Our squad was huge and yet most of them were useless.
Login to get fewer ads

We could have been contenders... on 21:42 - Jan 20 with 1616 viewsjasper_T

Even this season only one of our new signings has proved to be better than what we already had. Another £2m wouldn't have guaranteed us a damn thing when we spent the last £2m on Asoro.
We could have been contenders... on 21:42 - Jan 20 with 1613 viewsmagicdaps10

We could have been contenders... on 21:28 - Jan 20 by westside

They spent but only after selling, never put the money in first.
The issue was, after selling, time was always lost and we had little time coupled with a poor scouting network...........we ended up with panic buys. Sometimes these buys would work out but in time, we got caught out.
The foundation that was built by Jenkins was as wobbly as a jelly with a hot kettle poured over it.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

We could have been contenders... on 21:49 - Jan 20 with 1590 viewsmajorraglan

We could have been contenders... on 21:42 - Jan 20 by jasper_T

Even this season only one of our new signings has proved to be better than what we already had. Another £2m wouldn't have guaranteed us a damn thing when we spent the last £2m on Asoro.

There are no guarantees and sure things, but I can’t help but feel that a little more would have gone a long way.

The club is paying the price of some very poor decisions in the transfer market over the last few seasons.
We could have been contenders... on 21:57 - Jan 20 with 1558 viewsLoyal

I think come April we will be well in contention.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

We could have been contenders... on 22:01 - Jan 20 with 1548 viewsItchySphincter

Can’t agree with th OP. We must have spent nearly 10 million on the likes of Celina, Mackay and Asoro so we spent more in the Championship than we ever have before. What if we’d bought in a couple players and still found ourselves eight or ninth? Calls for more to be spent? We would have been better off keeping the likes of Amat in my opinion. We also still have multi million pound assets out on loan. This season has to be about getting our house in order and consolidating in the Championship.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

We could have been contenders... on 22:15 - Jan 20 with 1503 viewsSwanjaxs

We could have been contenders... on 21:42 - Jan 20 by jasper_T

2 million spent wisely is a different matter in the championship my friend... but i take your point 👍

We could have been contenders... on 22:18 - Jan 20 with 1497 viewsSwanjaxs

We could have been contenders... on 22:01 - Jan 20 by ItchySphincter

Can’t agree with th OP. We must have spent nearly 10 million on the likes of Celina, Mackay and Asoro so we spent more in the Championship than we ever have before. What if we’d bought in a couple players and still found ourselves eight or ninth? Calls for more to be spent? We would have been better off keeping the likes of Amat in my opinion. We also still have multi million pound assets out on loan. This season has to be about getting our house in order and consolidating in the Championship.

Agree entirely mate, but 2 million spent on a couple of canny loans or perhaps a couple of up and comming talents (Shankland) could get us over the line yes

We could have been contenders... on 22:20 - Jan 20 with 1493 viewsSwanjaxs

We could have been contenders... on 21:57 - Jan 20 by Loyal

I think come April we will be well in contention.

^^this^^ Back Potter!!

We could have been contenders... on 00:05 - Jan 21 with 1393 viewstrampie

Although its all if and buts, but i think the opening poster has a good point.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

We could have been contenders... on 03:02 - Jan 21 with 1327 viewsomarjack

I keep thinking, if we kept Fernandez, and sold Jordan for 6 m in his place, and invested in a new striker (Ghoddos went for 4m to Amiens only, just an example) We would have had a good squad, and still saved a ton of money, and the wage bill would have been only 2-3m more than now.

GK:Mulder/Nordfeldt
RB:Roberts/Naughton
CB:Fernandez/Rodon
CB:Van der Hoorn
LB:Olsson/Grimes?
DMF:Fer/Fulton
CMF:loanee/Carroll
AMF:Celina/Routledge
RW:loanee/Montero
LW:James/Dyer
CF:Striker/McBurnie/Bony

Sold:

-Mawson:15m
-Mesa:5.5m
-J.Ayew:7m
-Amat:2.5m
-Clucas:6m
-Bartley:4m
-Narsingh:2m

TOTAL:42m

Buy:

1-Celina:3m
2-striker: maybe 4-5m like Ghoddos
3-Wilson on loan, pay him well and pay Liverpool too, he would have been worth it
4-loan deal for a midfielder, don't know who for sure but our scouts should have done their homework

TOTAL:10-12m with loan fees.

Our defence would have been superb at this level, with Fede and VDH, Rodon back up

Full backs are ok, just like the current ones tbf

Midfield needed an addition alongside inconsistent Fer, alongside creative Celina.

Fast wingers in Wilson, James, Montero

Accomplished strikers like Ghoddos, backed by Ollie and maybe Bony if fit and productive.

Yep, top 6 would have been a true possibility. with only an extra 5-6m in funds available to Potter, I don't understand why the owners didn't do that, Greed? I mean ffs nobody's asking to do a Stoke city here, just a bit more on the right players would have got us places for sure.

F*cks sake I mean.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2019 3:08]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

We could have been contenders... on 07:27 - Jan 21 with 1218 viewsKilkennyjack

We could have been contenders... on 21:38 - Jan 20 by jasper_T

Poor quality cost us, not a lack of transfers. Our squad was huge and yet most of them were useless.

A post to make you stop and think.

Big nose OUT.

Beware of the Risen People

We could have been contenders... on 07:39 - Jan 21 with 1203 viewsDr_Winston

We could have been contenders... on 22:01 - Jan 20 by ItchySphincter

It's the usual football supporters mentality. Demand more and more spending without giving a f*ck where the money is to come from or how it's to be repaid. Either that or be happy suckling at the teat of some wealthy individual.

We used to be better than that. We used to take pride in being self-sufficient. Now we've got the same kind of greedy, grasping fan that we took the piss out of Cardiff fans for being.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

We could have been contenders... on 08:45 - Jan 21 with 1127 viewswestside

Last season we sold our own premier league players and replaced them with inexperienced loan players
We could have been contenders... on 08:58 - Jan 21 with 1097 viewsjasper_T

We could have been contenders... on 08:45 - Jan 21 by westside

Last season we sold our own premier league players and replaced them with inexperienced loan players

Clucas, Bony, Mesa, Abraham, Sanches, Ayew (January)

The loan players cost a bomb. That's not neglect but it is abuse.

edit: Oh and Andy King as well.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2019 9:00]
We could have been contenders... on 10:08 - Jan 21 with 1019 viewsswan65split

Cant argue with that, and we are still wasting money on a has been! 600k too much.
We could have been contenders... on 10:51 - Jan 21 with 951 viewscontroversial_jack

With this squad in the prem we would be even more of a laughing stock than Cardiff are.
We could have been contenders... on 11:20 - Jan 21 with 915 viewsOldjack

We could have been contenders... on 10:51 - Jan 21 by controversial_jack

With this squad in the prem we would be even more of a laughing stock than Cardiff are.

I disagree ,We'd struggle I'd agree but a laughing stock like that lot ,never.We at least we play the game the right way ,unlike like them.Hoof football has no place in the prem

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024