Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gillingham 80's 20:13 - Jan 20 with 8949 viewsAl_Bundy

Anybody remember we used to have hoolie issues against Gillingham at the Vetch ?

I remember one fan was stabbed quite badly and it always kicked off for some reason against them.
Gillingham 80's on 21:01 - Jan 20 with 8083 viewsnicky

I went there in (I think) 1988 - we won 3-2 and we had a large mob there that day but I don't recall any trouble - not that we saw anyway.

Went again in our promotion season and it was a much calmer affair.
Gillingham 80's on 21:11 - Jan 20 with 8054 viewsSwanjaxs

Pwoper nasty mob 👀

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Gillingham 80's on 21:33 - Jan 20 with 7997 viewskarnataka

I lived in Surrey during the whole of the 80s and went to almost every Swans match in the south and south east in all the divisions during that period including several at Gillingham and don't recall any incidents there. Haven't been to that ground for about 30 years now but about 3 years ago I had to go to Gillingham to fit some stuff in a new Sainsbury's Local there and when I arrived I immediately recognised where I was and realised it was only about 150 yards from the Priestfield Road turnstiles which is the Away Fans entrance.
Gillingham 80's on 21:35 - Jan 20 with 7984 viewsTailGunner

Think it was 89 went up there. Good following for a lower league game a long way. Very rough day. Tough little town Gillingham
Gillingham 80's on 21:40 - Jan 20 with 7965 views1983

I remember this

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/man-dies-as-soccer-fans-clash-1153043.html

Gillingham 80's on 21:42 - Jan 20 with 7958 viewsTailGunner

Gillingham 80's on 21:40 - Jan 20 by 1983

I remember this

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/man-dies-as-soccer-fans-clash-1153043.html

Fulham fan if I remember?
Sad waste of young life
Gillingham 80's on 22:12 - Jan 20 with 7883 viewsLoyal

Gillingham 80's on 21:35 - Jan 20 by TailGunner

Think it was 89 went up there. Good following for a lower league game a long way. Very rough day. Tough little town Gillingham

Not on par with Lincoln but close, they never really showed up in Swansea though in my time. We always had to go there.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Gillingham 80's on 22:18 - Jan 20 with 7866 viewsGaryjack

I remember going there in 78/79 season lost 2-0. We took about 3 or 4 coaches, mainly youngsters and families, scattered with a few lads of the time, Buller etc. They gave us a torrid time, hitting anyone they could, even women.
Later in the season they came to the Vetch on a Friday night and got absolutely mullered on the West Bank, and then again in the old Enclosure when they were taken there for their own safety. Still, the most scumiest fans i've ever come across.
Login to get fewer ads

Gillingham 80's on 10:46 - Jan 21 with 7597 viewsLoyal

Gillingham 80's on 22:18 - Jan 20 by Garyjack

I remember going there in 78/79 season lost 2-0. We took about 3 or 4 coaches, mainly youngsters and families, scattered with a few lads of the time, Buller etc. They gave us a torrid time, hitting anyone they could, even women.
Later in the season they came to the Vetch on a Friday night and got absolutely mullered on the West Bank, and then again in the old Enclosure when they were taken there for their own safety. Still, the most scumiest fans i've ever come across.

I was talking to buller recently, was reminiscing about a pitch invasion home to QPR around that time. I would have been about 5 or 6 so couldn't go 😂

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Gillingham 80's on 12:16 - Jan 21 with 7533 viewsThrasher6

Gillingham 80's on 10:46 - Jan 21 by Loyal

I was talking to buller recently, was reminiscing about a pitch invasion home to QPR around that time. I would have been about 5 or 6 so couldn't go 😂

I remember the pitch invasion against QPR as I was on the West Bank. We had three or four lads in with the QPR fans....they were in the old away terrace in the Main Stand and there weren't many of them. Anyway a fight breaks out in the away end and that prompts about half a dozen to get over the fence on the West Bank. The coppers were quickly on the scene and they were doing everything they could to stop anymore coming on with a human barricade. Meanwhile several of our lads were still on the pitch. One of those was a well known skinhead in braces etc...who decided to almost swan dive over the coppers and launch himself back into the West Bank. He made it because there were so many bodies at the fence to break his fall. Funny as f@ck and a story taht I have related many a time to friends

P.S...waiting for STID to turn up....

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Gillingham 80's on 13:28 - Jan 21 with 7416 viewsEbo

We were in the away end when we played there last in league one (champions). Away end sold out so a mate of mine who has a Gills supporting mate fixed us with tickets in the upper tier of the stand to the away end's left.
We got bored up there as it was so quiet and asked a steward half time if we could go in the away end with the rest of our mates.

They took us down just as the teams were coming out of the tunnel in the corner. We had to walk through them and Robbo gave us a smile as if to say "what are you up to?".

Great day out in the end. Long journey and plenty of booze on the bus home.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Gillingham 80's on 14:26 - Jan 21 with 7333 views1983

Got to admit Gillingham & hooligans is not 2 words I would put together
Saying that anyone remember Bognor Regis fans in the early 1980's for a cup game

Gillingham 80's on 14:39 - Jan 21 with 7313 viewssainthelens

Gillingham 80's on 14:26 - Jan 21 by 1983

Saying that anyone remember Bognor Regis fans in the early 1980's for a cup game

Remember being in the north bank for that. They were upstairs of double decker running over to us giving it large, we all laughed cos where they gonna go? Found out they were pompey fans.
Gillingham 80's on 16:05 - Jan 21 with 7227 viewsGaryjack

Gillingham 80's on 12:16 - Jan 21 by Thrasher6

I remember the pitch invasion against QPR as I was on the West Bank. We had three or four lads in with the QPR fans....they were in the old away terrace in the Main Stand and there weren't many of them. Anyway a fight breaks out in the away end and that prompts about half a dozen to get over the fence on the West Bank. The coppers were quickly on the scene and they were doing everything they could to stop anymore coming on with a human barricade. Meanwhile several of our lads were still on the pitch. One of those was a well known skinhead in braces etc...who decided to almost swan dive over the coppers and launch himself back into the West Bank. He made it because there were so many bodies at the fence to break his fall. Funny as f@ck and a story taht I have related many a time to friends

P.S...waiting for STID to turn up....

Huw Jenkins got arrested on the West Bank that day!
Gillingham 80's on 16:40 - Jan 21 with 7195 viewsWarwickHunt

Was it Rhyl that brought a coachload from a pub who thought they were a bit tasty?

Gillingham 80's on 16:50 - Jan 21 with 7183 viewsWarwickHunt

Gillingham 80's on 16:05 - Jan 21 by Garyjack

No wonder he’s got a Messiah complex.
Gillingham 80's on 17:09 - Jan 21 with 7151 viewskarnataka

Gillingham 80's on 21:35 - Jan 20 by TailGunner

I used to work with a Gooner guy in the late 70s/80s who lived in Gillingham, probably still does (if he's still alive) and he and other locals always referred to any troublemakers as Chathamites as it seems they were usually from neighbouring Chatham and not Gillingham so maybe it's Chatham that's the tough little town rather than Gillingham.
Gillingham 80's on 17:19 - Jan 21 with 7129 viewsWarwickHunt

Gillingham 80's on 17:09 - Jan 21 by karnataka

I used to work with a Gooner guy in the late 70s/80s who lived in Gillingham, probably still does (if he's still alive) and he and other locals always referred to any troublemakers as Chathamites as it seems they were usually from neighbouring Chatham and not Gillingham so maybe it's Chatham that's the tough little town rather than Gillingham.

Yep - Chatham’s rough. Built around the dockyard.
Gillingham 80's on 17:19 - Jan 21 with 7127 viewsAl_Bundy

They were Pompey fans though.
Gillingham 80's on 18:13 - Jan 21 with 7074 views1983

Gillingham 80's on 17:19 - Jan 21 by Al_Bundy

They were Pompey fans though.

Gillingham 80's on 18:41 - Jan 21 with 7036 viewsBadlands

Gillingham - wannabe Cockneys.
Guaranteed a few will come looking for trouble and they'll make sure we know what they think of Wales and the Welsh.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Gillingham 80's on 00:16 - Jan 22 with 6852 viewscontroversial_jack

Gillingham 80's on 16:40 - Jan 21 by WarwickHunt

Was it Rhyl that brought a coachload from a pub who thought they were a bit tasty?

If that was the incident in the mid 70s, the Rhyl lot were behind the goal on the old east terrace with the wooden sleepers.They were older guys and very boisterous.When the police went in to do what the police do a few of the cops ended up being hurled down the terrace.It was very funny indeed.
Gillingham 80's on 00:34 - Jan 22 with 6832 viewsbonymine

Gillingham 80's on 16:05 - Jan 21 by Garyjack

He must have been selling programmes then the Sellout Kunt he was certainly not a fighter !!

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Gillingham 80's on 02:07 - Jan 22 with 6811 viewsLoyal

Gillingham 80's on 18:41 - Jan 21 by Badlands

Gillingham - wannabe Cockneys.
Guaranteed a few will come looking for trouble and they'll make sure we know what they think of Wales and the Welsh.

We all make choices, and we all live with the consequences of those choices.

Gillingham 80's on 08:51 - Jan 22 with 6720 viewsWarwickHunt

Gillingham 80's on 00:16 - Jan 22 by controversial_jack

If that was the incident in the mid 70s, the Rhyl lot were behind the goal on the old east terrace with the wooden sleepers.They were older guys and very boisterous.When the police went in to do what the police do a few of the cops ended up being hurled down the terrace.It was very funny indeed.

Yep - that would have been it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024