Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
General chat after the match 15:32 - Jan 21 with 11337 viewsowainglyndwr

Talking to a few different people I was surprised how many have said that they are not renewing their season tickets this year.
Most of these have had season tickets since the Vetch days.

One other thing How true I really don't know, is that some say we are 30 million in dept.
General chat after the match on 22:31 - Jan 21 with 1717 viewsBadlands

Sorry people, I don't buy this, "I'm not renewing my ST because the Shareholders are taking money out of the club.' nonsense.
If you aren't supporting the Swans next season jut say so ... it's a free world.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

General chat after the match on 22:34 - Jan 21 with 1713 viewsSmellyplumz

General chat after the match on 22:31 - Jan 21 by Badlands

Sorry people, I don't buy this, "I'm not renewing my ST because the Shareholders are taking money out of the club.' nonsense.
If you aren't supporting the Swans next season jut say so ... it's a free world.

Ok Huw

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

General chat after the match on 22:38 - Jan 21 with 1701 viewsN_T_J

General chat after the match on 22:31 - Jan 21 by Badlands

You don't have to be a season ticket holder to support the Swans though, Mr Jenkins ;)
General chat after the match on 22:40 - Jan 21 with 1694 views_

General chat after the match on 15:51 - Jan 21 by Oldjack

At the moment it's all take take take by the Yanks and that is really pissing off fans, along with treacherous Huw still robbing a living . 30mil in the brown stuff ,i'd love to see proof of that

Maybe Lisa or someone from the Trust can explain how it's all 'take, take, take'?

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

General chat after the match on 22:43 - Jan 21 with 1680 views_

General chat after the match on 16:22 - Jan 21 by Wingstandwood

That is the thing that I have noticed also! It's not only the "as to be expected" lesser loyals (labelled plastic by some) that are boycotting.

The shocking thing is it's many a long term loyalist of many a decade whom has been more than prepared in the past to put up with relegations, favourite player outgoings, and dire football/entertainment.

The supporters have basically been recipients of ongoing two finger salutes from troughing pigs like Jenkins, Dineen, the Morgan-Van Zweden travel club initiative and Pearlman. Why fill a money trough to facilitate a most despicable greed-project? They're worse than Petty!

Bullshit

Maybe you've forgotten we only used to get 3,000 fans for a long time.

Those disappearing now wouldn't have been there then either.

We've all been spoilt rotten and you know what happens to spoilt people.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

General chat after the match on 22:53 - Jan 21 with 1658 views_

General chat after the match on 17:29 - Jan 21 by trinityann

I renewed today but got a surprise when had to pay £7 booking/admin fee on top at ticket office.

I personally could not care who the owners are, chairman etc. I want to watch eleven white shirts on a saturday, only finances will stop me from watching the Swans.

Great post, great reasoning. It's always been the case as well.

Some want to follow their local football club, some want a bit of glory and run off the first sign of hard times.

I've got a message for those. Fack off, tara...

General chat after the match on 22:57 - Jan 21 with 1646 views_

General chat after the match on 20:01 - Jan 21 by N_T_J

Maybe so. But the children got no choice have they.

Tell the kids they can come down with me, I'll be there.

General chat after the match on 22:58 - Jan 21 with 1646 viewsmarchamjack

General chat after the match on 22:43 - Jan 21 by _

Bullshit

Maybe you've forgotten we only used to get 3,000 fans for a long time.

Those disappearing now wouldn't have been there then either.

We've all been spoilt rotten and you know what happens to spoilt people.

The whole crp about those watching back in the day as part of the fabled 3000 won’t be the ones not going now is just that, crp. I was there back in the day. I was part of the 3000. I’m not renewing next season.

Things change. That was 20 years plus ago. People grow up. Have families. Move away. I’ve done all those things. The club feels less ours atm, there’s more of a disconnect with these prcks in charge.

I’ll travel down. Just less often. I’ll always be a fan. 40 years and counting.

All this I’m a bigger fan than you is fckn pathetic.

That’s what the Hedgefund 29 are doing to our fan base. Dividing it. And anyone says different is just quite thick really.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Login to get fewer ads

General chat after the match on 23:03 - Jan 21 with 1630 views_

General chat after the match on 22:58 - Jan 21 by marchamjack

The whole crp about those watching back in the day as part of the fabled 3000 won’t be the ones not going now is just that, crp. I was there back in the day. I was part of the 3000. I’m not renewing next season.

Things change. That was 20 years plus ago. People grow up. Have families. Move away. I’ve done all those things. The club feels less ours atm, there’s more of a disconnect with these prcks in charge.

I’ll travel down. Just less often. I’ll always be a fan. 40 years and counting.

All this I’m a bigger fan than you is fckn pathetic.

That’s what the Hedgefund 29 are doing to our fan base. Dividing it. And anyone says different is just quite thick really.

It's bot crap, it's bang on point and completely relative.

Be it 3k then or 13k next season, it's the core support which will count and that will cater for older drip offs like you and hard core youngsters like me when I was part of the 3k

General chat after the match on 23:14 - Jan 21 with 1611 viewsLoyal

General chat after the match on 22:40 - Jan 21 by _

Maybe Lisa or someone from the Trust can explain how it's all 'take, take, take'?

They probably could if they had sight of the accounts.
But ...

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

General chat after the match on 23:23 - Jan 21 with 1591 views_

General chat after the match on 23:14 - Jan 21 by Loyal

They probably could if they had sight of the accounts.
But ...

They had sight of the accounts for two years when we had a 150m turnover, but...??

General chat after the match on 23:36 - Jan 21 with 1571 viewsbuilthjack

General chat after the match on 22:57 - Jan 21 by _

That's the attitude. The future.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

General chat after the match on 23:40 - Jan 21 with 1559 viewsDarran

Fuçk me Gary Glitters had a shandy.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

General chat after the match on 00:07 - Jan 22 with 1544 viewsZaxx

General chat after the match on 23:40 - Jan 21 by Darran

General chat after the match on 01:13 - Jan 22 with 1514 viewsTreforys_Jack

General chat after the match on 23:40 - Jan 21 by Darran

Out of order comment.
General chat after the match on 02:10 - Jan 22 with 1496 viewsN_T_J

So you want to look after 6 stangers kids? 😳

Plus Imagine they had to listening to you for a few hours!!!
[Post edited 22 Jan 2019 2:21]
General chat after the match on 02:13 - Jan 22 with 1490 viewsN_T_J

General chat after the match on 23:36 - Jan 21 by builthjack

That's the attitude. The future.

Builth, you sound like a disgruntled Ex girlfriend. Lol
General chat after the match on 07:55 - Jan 22 with 1341 views34dfgdf54

General chat after the match on 22:53 - Jan 21 by _

Great post, great reasoning. It's always been the case as well.

Some want to follow their local football club, some want a bit of glory and run off the first sign of hard times.

I've got a message for those. Fack off, tara...

Agreed.

The people not renewing over the Owners / Huw, 90% of them are just using it as an excuse to bail out now we aren't in Premier League. If we were in the top two now looking rosey they would be all making sure their seats were reserved for them next year when United, Liverpool, City etc are coming to town.

I can't say alot as this is the first year I've had season ticket since the Vetch days due to me still having a game myself, but I'll be renewing whatever league we're in going forward.
General chat after the match on 08:04 - Jan 22 with 1332 viewspencoedjack

General chat after the match on 07:55 - Jan 22 by 34dfgdf54

Agreed.

The people not renewing over the Owners / Huw, 90% of them are just using it as an excuse to bail out now we aren't in Premier League. If we were in the top two now looking rosey they would be all making sure their seats were reserved for them next year when United, Liverpool, City etc are coming to town.

I can't say alot as this is the first year I've had season ticket since the Vetch days due to me still having a game myself, but I'll be renewing whatever league we're in going forward.

Yep

35 odd years

60 plus away grounds

I'll be there again.

Not often I agree with Chris but on this occasion, I agree those not renewing can fuk off.
General chat after the match on 08:36 - Jan 22 with 1292 viewstrampie

General chat after the match on 08:04 - Jan 22 by pencoedjack

Yep

35 odd years

60 plus away grounds

I'll be there again.

Not often I agree with Chris but on this occasion, I agree those not renewing can fuk off.

Here is a thought for you, from a business financial point of view the most important fans are the floating fans because the hardcore 300 or 400 that would support the Swans in the Welsh League are in the bag, its the floating fans that are Swans fans that are the important ones from a business point of view, its why companies whether sports clubs, energy and phone suppliers, banks etc often offer better deals to new customers than existing customers.

You are no more a Swans fan than a Swans fan that currently does not attend as many matches as you due to a range of reasons from financial to health to work commitments to family commitments to transport issues.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

General chat after the match on 08:58 - Jan 22 with 1260 views_

General chat after the match on 01:13 - Jan 22 by Treforys_Jack

Out of order comment.

What was the comment?

General chat after the match on 09:03 - Jan 22 with 1254 viewsThornburyswan

Not sure on the debt piece but the accounts will resolve that idc - as far as next year's season tickets go suspect numbers will naturally drop to the 10K - 12K Mark, no surprise on that to me - money is tight with the ongoing Brexit/economy concerns, jobs beginning to be lost in growing numbers & it's getting easier to get tickets for specific matches that fit diaries/budgets etc.

I'd imagine attendances for next year will average around 16/17K depending on how competitive we are & what ticket packages are offered but in the wider scheme of things that will have virtually zero impact on the owners situation.
General chat after the match on 09:08 - Jan 22 with 1246 viewsDarran

General chat after the match on 01:13 - Jan 22 by Treforys_Jack

Out of order comment.

Oh fuçk off and get a sense of humour you miserable prick.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

General chat after the match on 09:16 - Jan 22 with 1239 views_

General chat after the match on 02:10 - Jan 22 by N_T_J

So you want to look after 6 stangers kids? 😳

Plus Imagine they had to listening to you for a few hours!!!
[Post edited 22 Jan 2019 2:21]

Nobody is a stranger for long and charming...

Hope they can keep following the Club then, still enough people going down from Aberdare.

General chat after the match on 09:36 - Jan 22 with 1209 viewsjasper_T

The quality of the football is better than it's been for years and isn't that what people are supposed to be there to see?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024