Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
General chat after the match 15:32 - Jan 21 with 11336 viewsowainglyndwr

Talking to a few different people I was surprised how many have said that they are not renewing their season tickets this year.
Most of these have had season tickets since the Vetch days.

One other thing How true I really don't know, is that some say we are 30 million in dept.
General chat after the match on 20:49 - Jan 23 with 1300 viewsLoyal

General chat after the match on 20:31 - Jan 23 by Darran

Dwight usually talks a lot of sense but I don’t agree with him here,saying that I don’t agree with the people saying we’ve been playing great football either because we haven’t.

If you balance what we have with what we've done and where we are ...
It's remarkable.

Some of the passing play has been superb. And we score goals.
The issue for me is retaining the talent we have not selling it.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

General chat after the match on 20:52 - Jan 23 with 1290 views_

General chat after the match on 19:15 - Jan 23 by SgorioFruit

100% spot on.

Watched my first swans game in 1991. ( I was six)
Not renewing next season.

Watched his first game in 91

Disappeared from the face of the earth until 2011

Disappearing in 2019

Fack off pal, tooddle pip.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

General chat after the match on 21:00 - Jan 23 with 1267 viewsDarran

General chat after the match on 20:49 - Jan 23 by Loyal

If you balance what we have with what we've done and where we are ...
It's remarkable.

Some of the passing play has been superb. And we score goals.
The issue for me is retaining the talent we have not selling it.

Yes it is but the standard of football hasn’t been.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

General chat after the match on 21:04 - Jan 23 with 1256 viewsSgorioFruit

General chat after the match on 20:52 - Jan 23 by _

Watched his first game in 91

Disappeared from the face of the earth until 2011

Disappearing in 2019

Fack off pal, tooddle pip.

Sorry, I keep forgetting you are a bigger fan than me.
My heart breaks.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

General chat after the match on 11:35 - Jan 24 with 1090 viewsAlfieMooresSon

This was always going to happen, football will never be the same.

In the old days, we dreamed of playing at the highest level, the game was better, the atmosphere was better and we were all younger, and having more fun.

We get to the top, realise it's not all it's cracked up to be, this season people hung on, with the hope that we would get back up again, the realisation is sinking in that the owners don't give a shit and if anything we are more likely to drop down the leagues than up them.

A lot of people feel that the best days are gone and that they can go to the odd game, catch a few on tv or streams and do other stuff, sad but true!

Personally, I'm not ready to stop yet, but it's certainly not as much fun as it was many years ago at the Vetch !!!
General chat after the match on 11:37 - Jan 24 with 1090 viewsAlfieMooresSon

General chat after the match on 22:58 - Jan 21 by marchamjack

The whole crp about those watching back in the day as part of the fabled 3000 won’t be the ones not going now is just that, crp. I was there back in the day. I was part of the 3000. I’m not renewing next season.

Things change. That was 20 years plus ago. People grow up. Have families. Move away. I’ve done all those things. The club feels less ours atm, there’s more of a disconnect with these prcks in charge.

I’ll travel down. Just less often. I’ll always be a fan. 40 years and counting.

All this I’m a bigger fan than you is fckn pathetic.

That’s what the Hedgefund 29 are doing to our fan base. Dividing it. And anyone says different is just quite thick really.

Loads like you, and I understand why.
General chat after the match on 12:17 - Jan 24 with 1044 views_

General chat after the match on 21:04 - Jan 23 by SgorioFruit

Sorry, I keep forgetting you are a bigger fan than me.
My heart breaks.

Well I probably am.

Enjoy your next spell in exile while better fans than you keep going.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

General chat after the match on 12:41 - Jan 24 with 1022 views_

General chat after the match on 11:35 - Jan 24 by AlfieMooresSon

This was always going to happen, football will never be the same.

In the old days, we dreamed of playing at the highest level, the game was better, the atmosphere was better and we were all younger, and having more fun.

We get to the top, realise it's not all it's cracked up to be, this season people hung on, with the hope that we would get back up again, the realisation is sinking in that the owners don't give a shit and if anything we are more likely to drop down the leagues than up them.

A lot of people feel that the best days are gone and that they can go to the odd game, catch a few on tv or streams and do other stuff, sad but true!

Personally, I'm not ready to stop yet, but it's certainly not as much fun as it was many years ago at the Vetch !!!

But that's all down to your opening two paragraphs alone.

We're older, nothing is as much fun when you're older but ideally we should have a duty of care to bring our children up as Swans fans. There will never be any other football kit worn in my house.

Also, when we loved it as kids growing up we had shit owners and accusations of 'where's the money gone' then, so confirmation that all that's changed is us - and our ages

Let's just get on with it. One SCFC we'll have, warts and all.

Login to get fewer ads

General chat after the match on 12:51 - Jan 24 with 1005 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

I hate the championship its sh!t

Bring back the glory days when we were swanning around europe thinking we weere the Bee's knees with Laudrup calling the shots.

Still renewing & always will.
(cant wait for the yanks to sell us to some billionare arab either because or club will never be the same again)

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

General chat after the match on 13:11 - Jan 24 with 971 viewsraynor94

General chat after the match on 19:15 - Jan 23 by SgorioFruit

100% spot on.

Watched my first swans game in 1991. ( I was six)
Not renewing next season.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but you used to come on here moaning you couldn't get a season ticket, then you finally got one last season.

Now you are not renewing?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

General chat after the match on 13:21 - Jan 24 with 957 views_

General chat after the match on 13:11 - Jan 24 by raynor94

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but you used to come on here moaning you couldn't get a season ticket, then you finally got one last season.

That sounds more like it...

You're a better fan as well, Raynor 👍

General chat after the match on 13:46 - Jan 24 with 936 viewsvetchonian

General chat after the match on 12:41 - Jan 24 by _

But that's all down to your opening two paragraphs alone.

We're older, nothing is as much fun when you're older but ideally we should have a duty of care to bring our children up as Swans fans. There will never be any other football kit worn in my house.

Also, when we loved it as kids growing up we had shit owners and accusations of 'where's the money gone' then, so confirmation that all that's changed is us - and our ages

Let's just get on with it. One SCFC we'll have, warts and all.

The "shit" owners came after the previous "locals" were forced to sell out.
Malcolm Struel and then Doug Sharpe kept us going on a shoestring but then the world of football changed,Doug tried to sell us ...firstly to that Thompson fella along with Kevin Cullis,after that the Ninth Floor mob took us on.....that went pear shaped when the council decided they would control the Morfa development....then gave the rights for the shopping area to a third party.....thats where Ninth floors interest was the football club was a means to an end .we all know what has happened after that Allan Lewis Petty et al.
Without being accused of "harping on" ...our illustious chariman made a statement when they "rescued" the club about never getting in to that situation again and then we all know what happened next! It not so much the sale of the club but how it was done, to people who have no connection to the football but are mercenaries coupled with the fact the sellouts made money from things like being the contractor for the training facilities development ,and the "obscene" salary HJ was paying himself....did he really need to be taking £500K +?
It annoys people because it was said the sale was needed to bring in extra monies yet no extra monies have been injected and business is carrying on as before, borrowing against future income to provide immediate funds for cashflow......part of the reason for bringing back Ayew and Bony were that no actual cash was needed for transfer fees as both Man C and West Ham still owed outstanding monies so the fees wewre paper transactions no cash passing hands .....other incomings would have required some cash whihc the club didnt have!

I know several season ticket holders who are not renewing...some of whom have held their seasons for over 50 years! SOme of this is to do with just getting old, and as a result no longer wish to attend evening KOs, plus TV has changed the face of sport...once all sport kicked off at 2.30 or 3pm on Saturday afternoons....there were the occasional Friday nights.....due to rugby internationals..plus Tuesday night ganes (mostly Welsh cup though sometimes a league game) many of these guys I mention do not attend the 5.30 kos due to getting older and the cold nights plus it may also conflict with family life! It does not mean they are any less of a fan..and are also dissillusioned by the change if football driven by Sky over the last 30 years and then the recent happenings in the club.

Its toally different now to the 70s,80s or the 90s so dont try to compare it
Many who are no longer bothering are those who got caught up in the Liberty experience and our rise to the top......nothing wrong in that... but now that the PL expereince has passed no longer have the same love......some of these folks I know have done thier duty of care with their grandkids now supporters!

The current owners are not doing their best to persaude seaon ticket holders to renew.....some of us who are "diehards" but now older may take the view it is more cost effective to pay on the day especially as the stadium will no longer be sold out...as 100% attendnace at home games may no longer be a prospect. Im not over the hill yet but due to work commitments I struggle to get to midweek evening matches...that said I will renew my season this year....but thats another story.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

General chat after the match on 13:53 - Jan 24 with 927 viewsBrynmill_Jack

General chat after the match on 13:46 - Jan 24 by vetchonian

Malcolm Struel and then Doug Sharpe kept us going on a shoestring but then the world of football changed,Doug tried to sell us ...firstly to that Thompson fella along with Kevin Cullis,after that the Ninth Floor mob took us on.....that went pear shaped when the council decided they would control the Morfa development....then gave the rights for the shopping area to a third party.....thats where Ninth floors interest was the football club was a means to an end .we all know what has happened after that Allan Lewis Petty et al.
Without being accused of "harping on" ...our illustious chariman made a statement when they "rescued" the club about never getting in to that situation again and then we all know what happened next! It not so much the sale of the club but how it was done, to people who have no connection to the football but are mercenaries coupled with the fact the sellouts made money from things like being the contractor for the training facilities development ,and the "obscene" salary HJ was paying himself....did he really need to be taking £500K +?
It annoys people because it was said the sale was needed to bring in extra monies yet no extra monies have been injected and business is carrying on as before, borrowing against future income to provide immediate funds for cashflow......part of the reason for bringing back Ayew and Bony were that no actual cash was needed for transfer fees as both Man C and West Ham still owed outstanding monies so the fees wewre paper transactions no cash passing hands .....other incomings would have required some cash whihc the club didnt have!

I know several season ticket holders who are not renewing...some of whom have held their seasons for over 50 years! SOme of this is to do with just getting old, and as a result no longer wish to attend evening KOs, plus TV has changed the face of sport...once all sport kicked off at 2.30 or 3pm on Saturday afternoons....there were the occasional Friday nights.....due to rugby internationals..plus Tuesday night ganes (mostly Welsh cup though sometimes a league game) many of these guys I mention do not attend the 5.30 kos due to getting older and the cold nights plus it may also conflict with family life! It does not mean they are any less of a fan..and are also dissillusioned by the change if football driven by Sky over the last 30 years and then the recent happenings in the club.

Many who are no longer bothering are those who got caught up in the Liberty experience and our rise to the top......nothing wrong in that... but now that the PL expereince has passed no longer have the same love......some of these folks I know have done thier duty of care with their grandkids now supporters!

The current owners are not doing their best to persaude seaon ticket holders to renew.....some of us who are "diehards" but now older may take the view it is more cost effective to pay on the day especially as the stadium will no longer be sold out...as 100% attendnace at home games may no longer be a prospect. Im not over the hill yet but due to work commitments I struggle to get to midweek evening matches...that said I will renew my season this year....but thats another story.

Good post. Respect.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

General chat after the match on 13:56 - Jan 24 with 912 views_

It might have been a different Doug Sharpe we were on the pitch protesting about then, shouting where's the money gone.

General chat after the match on 14:01 - Jan 24 with 908 viewslifelong

There are a lot of elderly fans close to where I sit in the West Stand, quite a few of them do not attend the evening games.
General chat after the match on 14:08 - Jan 24 with 899 viewsvetchonian

General chat after the match on 13:56 - Jan 24 by _

It might have been a different Doug Sharpe we were on the pitch protesting about then, shouting where's the money gone.

What money would that have been?
DOug was the one who rescued us from the high court winding up order!
Maybe my memory is letting me down .....but we were not awash with cash following our foray into the old first division.....I do remember some unrest towards Doug but you miss the point.....we always had shit owners then Huw et al rode in to the rescue...making the sweeping statement he did......just like Roberto when he said he would have to be forced out fo the club!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

General chat after the match on 14:24 - Jan 24 with 876 views_

General chat after the match on 14:08 - Jan 24 by vetchonian

What money would that have been?
DOug was the one who rescued us from the high court winding up order!
Maybe my memory is letting me down .....but we were not awash with cash following our foray into the old first division.....I do remember some unrest towards Doug but you miss the point.....we always had shit owners then Huw et al rode in to the rescue...making the sweeping statement he did......just like Roberto when he said he would have to be forced out fo the club!

We protested against Doug on and off for years including pitch invasions

General chat after the match on 18:25 - Jan 24 with 790 viewsthornabyswan

Seems odd all these fans not renewing because of the hedgefunders.
They were calling the shots last season and the one before that.
And we managed to sell 16000 strange eh.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

General chat after the match on 19:02 - Jan 24 with 731 viewsgiantstoneater

General chat after the match on 18:25 - Jan 24 by thornabyswan

Seems odd all these fans not renewing because of the hedgefunders.
They were calling the shots last season and the one before that.
And we managed to sell 16000 strange eh.

Perhaps they were giving them a chance to prove themselves. Has the sale of the club to its current owners improved us as a club?
General chat after the match on 19:03 - Jan 24 with 728 viewsN_T_J

A bit like that Kinsey fella who used to post on here.
General chat after the match on 19:04 - Jan 24 with 723 viewsJackfath

I fail to see what business it is of anyone if someone decides to renew or not.

There's some massive hypocrites on this board.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

General chat after the match on 19:08 - Jan 24 with 714 viewsthornabyswan

General chat after the match on 19:04 - Jan 24 by Jackfath

I fail to see what business it is of anyone if someone decides to renew or not.

There's some massive hypocrites on this board.

Your right it's nobody's business but it gets a bit tedious reading about all these fans not renewing because of the owners.
When we have sold out for the last 7 seasons 3 of which were after the sale

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

General chat after the match on 19:12 - Jan 24 with 707 viewsJackfath

General chat after the match on 19:08 - Jan 24 by thornabyswan

Your right it's nobody's business but it gets a bit tedious reading about all these fans not renewing because of the owners.

You're assuming that the reported "all these fans" is correct. As someone else posted it happens to all clubs. It's no surprise really, is it?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

General chat after the match on 19:16 - Jan 24 with 697 viewsthornabyswan

General chat after the match on 19:12 - Jan 24 by Jackfath

You're assuming that the reported "all these fans" is correct. As someone else posted it happens to all clubs. It's no surprise really, is it?

Not really but would be refreshing to read some honesty.
For example I am not renewing because we will not be playing Chelsea Man City or Liverpool and I like watching PL football.

As opposed to I have been going for the last 65 years but I cannot stomach the hedgefunders a minute longer.

General chat after the match on 19:19 - Jan 24 with 687 viewsOldjack

General chat after the match on 19:08 - Jan 24 by thornabyswan

A fire sale and very little coming in ,may have a lot to do with it as well

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024